The OTF Transformers Thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
I just can't get over how friggin' bad oscar Transformers was. I can't wait for my next day off to go see it again. Happy Dance

RogerRamjet
no Oscars for The Transformers? sad

Da Rev
I might be seeing it again tonight.

Röland
I still haven't seen it, does that make me a bad person?

Da Rev
Die.

Röland
Originally posted by Da Rev
Die.

I'm already dead.

Da Rev

mitchum
Someone said he thought it wasn't that great, i feel like punching him in the face.

=Tired Hiker=

Impediment
I've seen it once. I'm gonna go again tomorrow.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Impediment
I've seen it once. I'm gonna go again tomorrow.

You rock, I wish I was you. erm

Scythe
Truly an amazing film. Optimus was a f*ckin' bad ass throughout the movie, as was Bumblebee...

I really didn't see that coming...

I'm a die hard fan, I've seen the film three times with my friends and family combined. Goin' again on tomorrow to see it, I have a silver autobot decal on the backside seat of my wheelchair, don't know why that's important, but just thought I'd throw that in there.

Mr. Bacon
i dont plan on seeing it ever big grin

Kram3r
THE MOVIE IS HELLA AWESOME!!!!

Yeah, Optimus Prime kicks sooooooo much ass!!!

Scythe
I liked that little inside joke the director put in, when that fat kid was runnin' to see the fallen TF, he stated: "This is like 100 times better then Armageddon!"

Which, I think is also a film by the same director.

Barker
I could have gone to see it, but I decided my time would be best spent sleeping.

Then my family came back all amazed and kicked my ass for not going.

Vinny Valentine
Movie was ****ing epic..

I'll be seeing it more times.

Punkyhermy
i wanna see this soo bad!

but first!

HARRY POTTER BITCHES!!!!!!!!!eek!

InnerRise
I went and saw it yesterday. This movie definitely doesn't warrant a second watch in my opinion.

The hypeness has blinded you all.

Originally posted by Punkyhermy
i wanna see this soo bad!

but first!

HARRY POTTER BITCHES!!!!!!!!!eek!
Yup. I'll be going to see that as well. I don't know when though. I hate going to the theater back to back and then them noticing you.

One time I went back to back and the girl whispered over to her coworker (I have excellent hearing) and told him what I would be ordering and sure enough she had it right.

I stopped after that day going to the movies as often as I normally did.

To go a week later is a big thing for me if I even do it.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by InnerRise
I went and saw it yesterday. This movie definitely doesn't warrant a second watch in my opinion.

The hypeness has blinded you all.

It's the only Summer blockbuster that has lived up to it's hype, in my opinion.

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
It's the only Summer blockbuster that has lived up to it's hype, in my opinion.

you think Spider-Man 3 didn't?

InnerRise
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
you think Spider-Man 3 didn't? A lot of people didn't. I actually enjoyed it though.

RogerRamjet
A lot of people didn't. I actually enjoyed it though.

maybe because it really wasn't nothing new...just the usual (great!) stuff...i also liked SM3, i take it that Transformers is a whole new idea then...

InnerRise
maybe because it really wasn't nothing new...just the usual (great!) stuff...i also liked SM3, i take it that Transformers is a whole new idea then... Well it's the first one. Just wait til the 3rd one. It seems the 3rd Sequel just doesn't ever get it right anymore.

=Tired Hiker=
you think Spider-Man 3 didn't?

Hell no.

RogerRamjet
Hell no.

what did you miss?

Vinny Valentine
Spiderman 3 was ****ing terrible in almost ever aspect.

=Tired Hiker=
what did you miss?

The nine dollars I paid to see it. Notice I don't have any Spider-Man movie pics in my avi or sig. I'm not all that fond of the movies. Spider-Man 2 was pretty good, but none of the movies lived up to my expectations. I thought the effects were way lame for the most part and all the characters were totally mis cast.

RogerRamjet

RogerRamjet
The nine dollars I paid to see it. Notice I don't have any Spider-Man movie pics in my avi or sig. I'm not all that fond of the movies. Spider-Man 2 was pretty good, but none of the movies lived up to my expectations. I thought the effects were way lame for the most part and all the characters were totally mis cast.

well i could agree on the comedy being a tad arkward and somehow missed the overall tone of the movies..especially in the 3rd with the dancing performance..but that's Sam Raimi..his humor is a bit..weird...

=Tired Hiker=

=Tired Hiker=
well i could agree on the comedy being a tad arkward and somehow missed the overall tone of the movies..especially in the 3rd with the dancing performance..but that's Sam Raimi..his humor is a bit..weird...

I totally love Sam Raimi, Army of Darkness is like . . . droolio I just think they should have had someone else direct it. I think the movies are way too cluttered with too many plot lines, too much going on. I thought Topher Grace would have made a way better Peter Parker than Tobey McGuire as well.

RogerRamjet
I totally love Sam Raimi, Army of Darkness is like . . . droolio I just think they should have had someone else direct it. I think the movies are way too cluttered with too many plot lines, too much going on. I thought Topher Grace would have made a way better Peter Parker than Tobey McGuire as well.

i'm a fan of the Evil Dead series myself..but i can't imagine any other directing it, i mean you gotta find a director who's willing to work himself through a two and half hour movie of which 70% are special effect scenes, and i know only one other director crazy enough to do that and that's Terry Gilliam...but he's considered non-commerical therefore not the 1st choice of a major studio like Columbia..
Topher Grace could've been a great Peter Parker but then again..he's "only" a tv-star..and the studio wants a well known face, so from a studios p.o.w. the movie makes perfect sense...

=Tired Hiker=
i'm a fan of the Evil Dead series myself..but i can't imagine any other directing it, i mean you gotta find a director who's willing to work himself through a two and half hour movie of which 70% are special effect scenes, and i know only one other director crazy enough to do that and that's Terry Gilliam...but he's considered non-commerical therefore not the 1st choice of a major studio like Columbia..
Topher Grace could've been a great Peter Parker but then again..he's "only" a tv-star..and the studio wants a well known face, so from a studios p.o.w. the movie makes perfect sense...

Yeah, I think it would have been better to have less known actors play the major roles, except for the bad guys. I would have liked a more rudimentary feel to the movies than the polished studio films they are. Don't get me wrong, I do like them, I was just a huge fan of the comics back in the day, and I had envisioned the movies to be different.

RogerRamjet
Yeah, I think it would have been better to have less known actors play the major roles, except for the bad guys. I would have liked a more rudimentary feel to the movies than the polished studio films they are. Don't get me wrong, I do like them, I was just a huge fan of the comics back in the day, and I had envisioned the movies to be different.
i totally understand what you mean..you see..i've collected them Spideys myself all three series big grin...and do you remember back in 1990 when they announced that James Cameron was scheduled to do the Spider-Man movie and how the project was cast aside year after year..up until Marvel filed for bankruptcy on the christmas holidays in '96?
back then i thought they'll never gonna do a Spidey movie now...but the company recuperated, sales went up again and a spiderman movie wasn't that far fetched anymore...what i'm trying to say is that i've been waiting 12 years for the first SM movie to get made, and when i watched it, it all felt right...and that all the waiting had paid-off...i think i can live with the result...as long as it doesn't evolve into Batman & Robin..

BlackSunshine
I went and saw it the other night with my b/f and some friends of ours. It was the best movie I've seen in years. I want to go see it a second time! yes

Thorrin
I saw Transformers in the IMAX. 131wank

Naz
I don't even want to see Transformers. ermm

No one hurt me ninja

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by Naz

No one hurt me ninja
high five!

Thorrin
Originally posted by Naz

No one hurt me ninja chair

Naz
Originally posted by Thorrin
chair

mhm You and your gay robots are not match for me.

Thorrin
Me and my gay robots would totally pwn the nine. mhm

Naz
Originally posted by Thorrin
Me and my gay robots would totally pwn the nine. mhm

The Nine are immortal, fool mhm

Thorrin
Then why did the witchking die? mhm

Naz
Because Tolkien was a fool too mhm

Thorrin
Nah, he just sucked at fighting, and got pwnd by a small human and a dike. mhm

Strangelove
I was so good I had to make up a word for it: FANTASTIMAZING

Newjak
Well it's the first one. Just wait til the 3rd one. It seems the 3rd Sequel just doesn't ever get it right anymore.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... I think thats because the 3rd hasn't found its niche yet.

1st: Introduces main characters so a lot of sweet canera angles and puns are put in.

2nd: We get to see more action, larger graphics, more in depth character plots, and generally a better bad guy.

3rd: Just seems to be rehashing of the old 2nd one again.

=Tired Hiker=
i totally understand what you mean..you see..i've collected them Spideys myself all three series big grin...and do you remember back in 1990 when they announced that James Cameron was scheduled to do the Spider-Man movie and how the project was cast aside year after year..up until Marvel filed for bankruptcy on the christmas holidays in '96?
back then i thought they'll never gonna do a Spidey movie now...but the company recuperated, sales went up again and a spiderman movie wasn't that far fetched anymore...what i'm trying to say is that i've been waiting 12 years for the first SM movie to get made, and when i watched it, it all felt right...and that all the waiting had paid-off...i think i can live with the result...as long as it doesn't evolve into Batman & Robin..

I think Cameron would have done a better job, don't get me wrong, I think Raimi did fine with his style and everything, but Cameron would have made it less campy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.