The Bigbots!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

draxx_tOfU
Growing up watching the toon, one of the holy sh*t! moments for me was seeing the Constructicons merge into Devastator for the first time...

This thread is dedicated to the "bigbots" which include the Gestalts or the Combiners, the Gestalt-sized robots, and the city/base-sized robots...

Which side is stronger if both sides were to battle?

What would the result look like if The Dinobots were capable of merging?

barring Unicron, we have...

DECEPTICONS: Devastator, Menasor, Brutacus, Predaking, Abominus, Trypticon, Scorponok, and Piranacon (King Poseidon? Japanese)...

AUTOBOTS: Superion, Defensor, Computron, Omega-Supreme, Sky-Lynx, Metroplex, and Fortress Maximus...

These are the only ones I'm familiar with as I only watched the US cartoon. I added Piranacon because he looked, well, awesome in the box art... big grin

Also, any additions to the list would be most welcome... smile

Newjak
Each Dinobot was themselves capable of hurting Devastator merge them that would be crazy firepower.

draxx_tOfU
In the movie, it was only Slag who managed to hurt/affect Devastator, but I agree with you...

Barring the city-sized 'bots though, Omega Supreme...now that's firepower...

smokin'

charlemagne9746
I wonder why the cartoon never paid much attention to size scale. For instance, Astro Train is much smaller than Devastator in robot form. However, when AT transforms into space shuttle mode....Devastator and many more Decepticons can fit inside. Where does the extra metal come from?

In some episodes, humans barely stand above Optimus Prime's toes...however, in other episodes...they are almost knee high..lol

And how would Galvatron fit inside Unicron's fingers in the movie. Galvatron was about as big as Unicron's eye...when in reality....he should be much smaller than a grain of sand compared to Unicron.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
I wonder why the cartoon never paid much attention to size scale. For instance, Astro Train is much smaller than Devastator in robot form. However, when AT transforms into space shuttle mode....Devastator and many more Decepticons can fit inside. Where does the extra metal come from?

In some episodes, humans barely stand above Optimus Prime's toes...however, in other episodes...they are almost knee high..lol

And how would Galvatron fit inside Unicron's fingers in the movie. Galvatron was about as big as Unicron's eye...when in reality....he should be much smaller than a grain of sand compared to Unicron.
None of that stuff mattered back then man, I mean you look at todays cartoons you'd be slaughtered, stuffed and shipped to your local deli mart, for the mistakes G1 made. But back no one gave a damn, it was just some big ass kickass robots.

Scythe
What was the name of the Dinobots' final put together form?

draxx_tOfU

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Scythe
What was the name of the Dinobots' final put together form?

i'm not sure what you mean Scythe, since the Dinobots don't/can't merge...

embarrasment

Newjak
What was the name of the Dinobots' final put together form? They never actually merged. We were just wondering what it would be like if they merged.

And Devastator on Steroids pops to mind.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Newjak
They never actually merged. We were just wondering what it would be like if they merged.

I'd imagine they'd have Swoop's wings at the back kinda like the way Predaking has wings, and holding a huge energon sword...

yeah i know... geek

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Newjak
They never actually merged. We were just wondering what it would be like if they merged.

From wikipedia:

Newjak
Originally posted by Tenebrous
From wikipedia: Seems about right

Scythe
Exactly, I knew I remembered the Dinobots merging together. Is that all they were called? "The Beast"?

Faceman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFjHVM5aR8

Scythe
Originally posted by Faceman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFjHVM5aR8

What's that? My computer won't play youtube vids.

Faceman
What's that? My computer won't play youtube vids.

Cartoon fight, between Devastator, Brutacus, and Menasor...

Scythe
Originally posted by Faceman
Cartoon fight, between Devastator, Brutacus, and Menasor...

Ah, nice.

Sadako of Girth
Yup I have that minicomic (both parts).

They do merge it it, but in the same kind of way that Venom merges with whatever human in the spidey 3 film... Looks like a organic, messy mergance. Cables rip out of Grimlock's chest and pull the dinobots in.
Grimlock is in Robot mode (with dino neck though), the others are all in dino mode.

Slag is the right arm. (Holds a massive sword.)

Snarl is the right leg, Sludge is the left.

Swoops wings are on Grimlock's back, and his body is the left arm.

Looks cool though and it was extremely powerful.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yup I have that minicomic (both parts).

They do merge it it, but in the same kind of way that Venom merges with whatever human in the spidey 3 film... Looks like a organic, messy mergance. Cables rip out of Grimlock's chest and pull the dinobots in.
Grimlock is in Robot mode (with dino neck though), the others are all in dino mode.

Slag is the right arm. (Holds a massive sword.)

Snarl is the right leg, Sludge is the left.

Swoops wings are on Grimlock's back, and his body is the left arm.

Looks cool though and it was extremely powerful.

It's been awhile since I've seen that, can you get a pic of him on here?

Sadako of Girth
Yep. I'll take a pic and upload it. smile

Seeing what the Beast does to the decep gestalts is pure ultraviolent comedy.

Scythe
Where is it?

Sadako of Girth
Taken the pic, just waiting for my digital camera's batteries to hold out long enough to transfer to computer. sad
I'll give it another go this afternoon.

Sadako of Girth
Here ya go. smile
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/IMG_0290.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Bigger in case... Hope this size is cool with the mods.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/IMG_0290-2.jpg

Scythe
Hurts my eyes, but thanks.

Sadako of Girth
Want me to put some flames on it to make it "better"....? stick out tongue

Scythe
Like Migheal Bay? Yes...

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Scythe
A massive dino with flames? Har har har!

Sadako of Girth
Don't joke, that shit could actually happen under the direction of that egotist/whorer outer.

I can imagine it now........... "Woooooooo It'll make Grimlock look "Rad" for the kids" sad

Scythe
Grimlock with fuzzy dice somewhere in his dino-vehicle mode. I can see it now. Insane...

Orbius
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter

Actually this was discussed in (either the cartoon or the comics, I forgot which.) Megatron talked about an ancient technique of being able to change size while transforming, but it took a lot of power to do. That's why in the original movie, when the Decepticons board the Autobot shuttle, Megatron can transform into his gun mode and fit into Starscream's hand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.