Bastilla could no hit a barn door with a banjo. How does she toy with Revan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Light_Sith
I am most disturbed by this.

In the intro to KOTOR (granted, I am many years behind the rest of the world), she manages to compete with him without being brutally destroyed.

The battle meditation/trance? Could this have let such a poor "Jedi" compete with the talented Revan?

It all seems preposterous!

Furthermore, she goes on to use a Double blade which is more difficult to master.

To me, this makes no sense following logic - even whilst allowing SW anomalies to enter the equation.

Battle mediation is one thing. Having a team is also note worthy.

But blade to blade with Revan at 100% is quite another

What am I missing?

Thank you.

Melcórë
Just wondering, have you played KotOR II?

Tengu
what the hell are you talking about, and where are you getting this from? your rambling too much, explain what your upset about little more clearly?

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Tengu
what the hell are you talking about, and where are you getting this from? your rambling too much, explain what your upset about little more clearly?

I find it mind boggling that Bastilla -not only a Padawan, but a Padawan who has no co-ordination whatsoever (evidenced by my good self controlling her character in KOTOR), daring to go blade to blade with the then Dark Lord.

This is evidenced again by the intro to the computer game. Interestingly enough she uses a single blade when in direct combat with Revan.

Surely, this Darth Revan would dispose of her within seconds?

Light_Sith

Melcórë
laughing out loud

Playing KotOR II might answer these questions, in light of the discoveries made throughout the game.

A simple KotOR-based answer might be thus: Bastila was using her Battle Meditation to disrupt the coordination of the Sith's fleet; she and her companions were thus able to gain access to his command ship. Maybe Revan was toying with her when she got to the bridge, y'know? Maybe his arrogance blinded him enough to allow Malak to deal his blow.

Tengu
Originally posted by Light_Sith
I find it mind boggling that Bastilla -not only a Padawan, but a Padawan who has no co-ordination whatsoever (evidenced by my good self controlling her character in KOTOR), daring to go blade to blade with the then Dark Lord.

This is evidenced again by the intro to the computer game. Interestingly enough she uses a single blade when in direct combat with Revan.

Surely, this Darth Revan would dispose of her within seconds? well, first off they didn't really fight each other, Bastila killed a dark jedi in front of him while he was force choking some republic officer, and then Malak turned on him. now if your asking why she was part of the strike team to capture Revan, despite her being a padawan, well it is for story purposes and then possibly her battle meditation.

I dont really see where the un-cordinated part comes into play, as the way she fights, is complete reflection of how you control her, soooooo if shes un-cordinated to you...then maybe thats your fault.

and i dont see any reason why he wouldnt try, as there were about 4-5 jedi, including bastila, in front him, trying to take his life (through his eyes). Its not like Bastila was gonna go 1 on 1with him, she had other jedi with her, probably masters.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Tengu
well, first off they didn't really fight each other, Bastila killed a dark jedi in front of him while he was force choking some republic officer, and then Malak turned on him. now if your asking why she was part of the strike team to capture Revan, despite her being a padawan, well it is for story purposes and then possibly her battle meditation.

I dont really see where the un-cordinated part comes into play, as the way she fights, is complete reflection of how you control her, soooooo if shes un-cordinated to you...then maybe thats your fault.

and i dont see any reason why he wouldnt try, as there were about 4-5 jedi, including bastila, in front him, trying to take his life (through his eyes). Its not like Bastila was gonna go 1 on 1with him, she had other jedi with her, probably masters.

Very well, but I can control all other characters very well, and so presumably Bastilla is no different... let's just say that she cannot be elite!

I am sure that when I destroy her in KOTOR for daring to insult me; it will be ever so easy.

I suspect that Bastilla is a bum.

Light_Sith

xxXAcStylesXxx
*Is an prick*...the player character is Dsrth Revan

Light_Sith
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
*Is an prick*...the player character is Dsrth Revan

I do not understand.

I have found out that I am Darth Revan.

However, even if I was somehow poor in my control of Bastilla (unlikely!), she dies along with other members of my team occasionally.

When I embarrassed the pathetic "Darth Bandon", she was actually killed!

Next Weekend I shall complete KOTOR. Perhaps I shall find out that Bastilla is not trying (or something)...?

Melcórë
Will more about this "Jedi" Bastilla be revealed?

I do not mind "spoilers" BTW.

Somewhat. More so Revan's machinations.

I do not understand.

I have found out that I am Darth Revan.

However, even if I was somehow poor in my control of Bastilla (unlikely!), she dies along with other members of my team occasionally.

When I embarrassed the pathetic "Darth Bandon", she was actually killed!

Next Weekend I shall complete KOTOR. Perhaps I shall find out that Bastilla is not trying (or something)...?

No, the problem is you rely in the game's A.I. In the story, she's more powerful and promising than the A.I. would sometimes let up.

Light_Sith

Darth Hord
Ps. There is a dream in the KOTOR game where she is fighting Revan Sword to Sword.

No it is not a dream actually that scene you are referring to was the Revan(mindwiped) getting trained as a jedi so neither of them were going all out and a that Revan is nothing compared to what he was and will become by the end of the game.

kamhal
Sorry to say this but, if she dies is not her fault. You are the one who are playing with her remember? If she is always dying then you are not chosing well his feats or powers, or you simply need to learn how to use them better because she is one of the best companions you can have during most of the game..

Darth Hord
Agreed.

KingDubya
Originally posted by Darth Hord
No it is not a dream actually that scene you are referring to was the Revan(mindwiped) getting trained as a jedi so neither of them were going all out and a that Revan is nothing compared to what he was and will become by the end of the game.
I think he's referring to the first dreams you see, where you see her fighting somebody; everyone I've met so far immediately decided it was Revan until later when the dream was extended.

You never actually see her fight Revan personally in the cinematics. The fight that is shown multiple times was with a Dark Jedi, the one she strikes down before facing Revan in the full dream.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by KingDubya
I think he's referring to the first dreams you see, where you see her fighting somebody; everyone I've met so far immediately decided it was Revan until later when the dream was extended.

You never actually see her fight Revan personally in the cinematics. The fight that is shown multiple times was with a Dark Jedi, the one she strikes down before facing Revan in the full dream.

No what he said was

The only time they faught sword to sword was when the mind wiped revan was being retrained as a jedi. If he was referring to the scene you are talking about he could have said it and not include sword to sword and she never actually cross blades with Revan untill she turned to the darkside.

Light_Sith
Thank you for your help, everyone.

Perhaps I must up my game play.

I shall do this next weekend, and then get back to you.

I was used to the old SNES games that I played as a child - I am rusty.

If anybody has anymore inputs until then.... please go for it.

I look forward to punishing Bastilla brutally.

I was sure that after Dark Jedi were killed, she exchanges a few strokes before an explosion.

Nice forum BTW.

S_W_LeGenD
If anybody has anymore inputs until then.... please go for it.
Bastilla never fought with Revan, when he was the Dark Lord of the Sith. Darth Revan was too powerful for her handle by herself. It is true that she went to confront him on his flagship, but it was a near suicide mission for her. Revan was so skilled that he just ignited his Light Saber and looked confident that his skill in Light Saber combat would be enough to defeat the entire Jedi Strike Team. You can notice that he is shown swinging his Light Saber in impressive manner in that video. Though he had the option to use his impressive Force Mastery as well, if situation demanded it.

And Malak ordered an attack on Revan's position at that time because he was concerned that the Jedi Strike Team won't be strong enough to defeat his powerful master. So it was an ideal time to betray his master and Bastilla will also be eliminated with him.

I look forward to punishing Bastilla brutally.
You will be able to do it, so don't worry. It is Revan who decided that fate of Bastilla Shan. She was doomed, when she faced him.

I was sure that after Dark Jedi were killed, she exchanges a few strokes before an explosion.
She does not exchanges any strokes with Revan. Revan was swinging his Light Saber in an impressive manner to warn her.

She killed a Dark Jedi that was protecting Revan.

Darth Hord
I love that lightsaber pose.

Light_Sith
OK, as promised, the pathetic "Darth Malak" was put in his place.

I completed the game on the Dark Side using a Scoundrel type character.

I then decided to play through again with a character more suited to direct combat (I slightly prefer this), and went for the light side ending despite being completely Dark.

I knew that if I threatened to kill Bastilla on top of the temple I would end up with light side points, going from completely dark to around average, so I saved from this point to experiment.

One thing that I find odd is that if you kill Bastilla (and true enough, she was punished for her insolence), she still appears as one of the "heroes" at the end of the game.

Odd considering that I had beheaded her.

Anyhow, in the end, I chose three different scenarios.

I have since read that many were disappointed with the ending, but as far as poor endings go, nothing can beat Mario 64. The Princess bakes you a cake for saving her
mad

I may play Kotor 2, or go through Kotor 1 again with a female character when I get a chance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.