True Romance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Alright I KNOW that Dusty started a thread on this film a while back, but since the search engine sucks beyond all belief, I couldn't find it (some mod should fix that by the way. It used to be good AKA actually functional, now it is terrible).

ANYWAY

Just saw this movie; really liked it.

Thoughts?

ragesRemorse
I like it. Great dialogue and performance delivery gives birth to some really interesting characters. This is one of those movies that relies on dialogue over everything else, and it worked. The crown jewel of the movie for me however, was christopher walkens performance, one of his best if oyu ask me smile

great fun little flick. If this movie doesnt prove slaters charm as an actor then i give up hope on a sequal to gleaming the cube

Deathblow
Yeah it's quite good. Doesn't have much depth beneath the flashy dialogue and gunfights but it's definitely a superior thriller.

I find the scene where James Gandolfini beats up Patricia Arquette very difficult to watch.

exanda kane
Gotta be Tony Scotts only decent film, surely?

And yeah, Alabama gettin beaten is harsh :/

Jim Reaper
Slater's best film. It had such a cool, new vibe to it... Wasn't like other action flicks.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by exanda kane

I dont know, i can think of six other really good movies by tony scott

exanda kane
Probably ones I didn't like smile

Jim Reaper
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I dont know, i can think of six other really good movies by tony scott

"Last Boy Scout, & Revenge," are decent.

backdoorman

And yeah, Alabama gettin beaten is harsh :/
I think Man on Fire is overall a better movie than True Romance. That said, I am not crazy about either.

guy222
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Alright I KNOW that Dusty started a thread on this film a while back, but since the search engine sucks beyond all belief, I couldn't find it (some mod should fix that by the way. It used to be good AKA actually functional, now it is terrible).

ANYWAY

Just saw this movie; really liked it.

Thoughts?

IMO, its Quentin's best work

=Tired Hiker=
Yeah, great writing by Tarantino, Scott was the perfect director for it, the cast was superb, and the interrogation scene with Walken and Hopper was one of the best scenes ever made for a film.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
"Last Boy Scout, & Revenge," are decent.

yeah, domino, man on fire, beat the devil, spy game, beverly hills cop2, days of thunder and crimson tide were aces too

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Yeah, great writing by Tarantino, Scott was the perfect director for it, the cast was superb, and the interrogation scene with Walken and Hopper was one of the best scenes ever made for a film.

Thats when i found out i was part black because i am italian. My home boys didnt appreciate me flaunting this knowledge around though

=Tired Hiker=

Jim Reaper

I love that scene... He knows he's worm food, so he goes out in style.

Impediment
The "Sicilian Scene"is one of my all time favorite scenes. Hopper and Walken made movie history with their deliveries.

exanda kane
I watched Man on Fire again recently and for the first half I thought it was a contender for Tony Scott's best film. Then it all went wrong.

42ndStreetFreak
I watched Man on Fire again recently and for the first half I thought it was a contender for Tony Scott's best film. Then it all went wrong.

Indeed it did! Weak, weak WEAK ending and the fact he went all soft on any women involved stuck out too.

I adore "True Romance"! It has perhaps THE most perfect cast right down to the most minor of support players and just works on every single level.
It even improves on QT's original screenplay, where the time jumping that worked so well in "Pulp Fiction" utterly failed here.

As you guys have said the Walken/Hopper scene is just magnificent but as is the outstanding sequence between Gandolfini and Arquette, their dialogue and interaction mixed in with the hardcore violence makes for something completely unique.
And any scene with Pitt's Floyd in as a joy!

Damn near perfect film making.

guy222

True

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.