JK says final word no longer "Scar"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionlover2053
Sorry if someone has posted this already. It's not really that big of a deal, but I figured someone would be interested.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070706/en_nm/britain_rowling_dc

exanda kane
Someones else watch Jonathon Ross last night after getting back from the pub? :P

T.Maria
Originally posted by exanda kane
Someones else watch Jonathon Ross last night after getting back from the pub? :P

yuhuh!
Gotta say, shes a really down to earth lady!!! big grin

Yeah, she wouldnt say what the last word was, but she said it wasnt 'scar'...it WAS scar for a very long time, but its no longer that word anymore...
she wouldnt tell johnathan what the word was, though...

MORE confusion!

exanda kane
Well, if the word at the end was "Scar", I would only really expect Harry to say it...which just seems to me like he might not make it through.

siriuswriter
So if this was on the Jonathon Ross show - are we sure it was entirely serious?

The Phantom
Originally posted by exanda kane
Well, if the word at the end was "Scar", I would only really expect Harry to say it...which just seems to me like he might not make it through. Not really. Who says that she just didn't rewrite the whole last chapter to something new than what she originally had?

T.Maria
Originally posted by siriuswriter
So if this was on the Jonathon Ross show - are we sure it was entirely serious?

yep, she sounded serious.
Johnathan asked her about it and she said it WAS the last word, but its' not anymore...and she said she really couldn't tell us the new last word...which leads me to think that it could be important?

exanda kane
Originally posted by The Phantom
Not really. Who says that she just didn't rewrite the whole last chapter to something new than what she originally had?

No, really. But of course what if scenarios are alluring for a few.

SouthernGirl814
I feel so bad cause it's her last book it said she cried when she finished

siriuswriter
Ah, I've watched it now.

She was serious. smile smile

SouthernGirl814
yea

~KoK!~
I would like to note, it's possible that she cried not because of the ending she wrote, but based on the fact that her creation was ending. Or maybe it's because of the ending. Either way. I don't want to get into these theories bullshit this time around. I just want to read the damn thing.

Emma718
interesting...eek, now i am even more excited until i get my copy of Deathly Hallows.

Fawne
Originally posted by SouthernGirl814
I feel so bad cause it's her last book it said she cried when she finished

Well I'd sob and guzzle down a champagne bottle from mini bar too if something I have worked on for 10 years is over.

-------------------

I be estatic for it's release...EEEEEEEK big grin

SouthernGirl814
Yea I know and dude there are no theories in this post its all true but I feel so bad that Harry Potter is ending I remember when I started readin harry potter it was when I was in elementary school and now I'm in high school =(

Weeping Fairy
Originally posted by SouthernGirl814
Yea I know and dude there are no theories in this post its all true but I feel so bad that Harry Potter is ending I remember when I started readin harry potter it was when I was in elementary school and now I'm in high school =(

same here, i started reading them in the beginning of third grade i think lol, and after reading them like 20 times theyre still just as kick ass lol. but i agree with KOK that i think she was just crying because this was it, the series was ending, and it was such a huge part of her life, i dont think she cried because of the ending she wrote.

SouthernGirl814
I never said she cried cuz of the endin she wrote i said she cried cause it all was ending

siriuswriter
GAHHHHH!!

Seventeen year project + end of = much emotion.

Thank you, good night.

Fawne
Originally posted by siriuswriter
GAHHHHH!!

Seventeen year project + end of = much emotion.

Thank you, good night.

to the public it lasted about 10 years since it released in '97. it is 17 to her. she started in 1990

The Phantom
Originally posted by Fawne
to the public it lasted about 10 years since it released in '97. it is 17 to her. she started in 1990 I believe that's what she said.

T.Maria
i was going through all of my exams when i first read harry potter sad

By the time i had reached the fifth book, i was doing my GCSE's (british exams)...and the characters were doing their own exams...i remember the book filled me with dread whenever i read about their exams...

Because it kept reminding me that i should have been studying instead of reading big grin

tigress
its probably the end knowing her lol, but I hope this one is worth the wait weve all been doing for merlin knows how long I wasnt to impressed with HBP but the best Ive read so far I think has got to be OoTP. ah well we will see not long to wait now.

Im that bad Ill probably read the last page first LOL

Silent Dreams
I work in a library and we have seven Harry Potter books ready to go on the shelves. But my boss has locked them away in a safe so nobody gets to have a sneaky peak.

tigress
hmm maybe your boss could be bribed hmm think slytherin my dear 'winks'

SeanTerry727
Idk if she cried then im probably gonna Bawl!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.