Gladiator vs Wendigo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
fight takes place in the great plains. no prep

golem370
Gladiator 6/10 because of Speed advantage

King_Mungi
Speed advantage didn't help him against the Hulk shifty

shksprtx
Originally posted by golem370
Gladiator 6/10 because of Speed advantage

Seconded...

golem370
Well Hulk is Hulk

CasanoVa
Gladiator 9/10.

1/10 to Wendigo if Gladiator's having an emo day.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by golem370
Well Hulk is Hulk

and Hulk has ALWAYS needed someone else to help him beat Wendigo.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Gladiator 9/10.

1/10 to Wendigo if Gladiator's having an emo day.

Depends on which Wendigo host you pick.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by King_Mungi

That's what it boils down to, I guess.

The Wendigo that gives Hulk problems would still not take him for a majority (imo), but he'd give him a hell of a harder fight. But if we were to go by the average showing, I reckon Gladiator would take this in a stomp.

But it also depends on which depiction of Gladiator you're going by aswell.

shksprtx

So, do we pick the most powerful Wendigo host, Mauvais? In that case, Glads probably gets curbstomped.

If the host is an average Joe like Baptiste or Cartier, then Glads can probably take the majority...

golem370
and Hulk has ALWAYS needed someone else to help him beat Wendigo.

Yeah Hulk also had trouble with Namor or Iron Man one on one yet them combined with Hercules Doc Samson,She Hulk & Wonder Man had a terrible time putting him down

King_Mungi
Errrr? Wendigo is a beast, he is definetly being underated here

*points to respect thread in sig*

King_Mungi
Originally posted by CasanoVa
But if we were to go by the average showing, I reckon Gladiator would take this in a stomp.

Wendigo's average showings are insane, most of his apperances has him taking out teams, and taking on Hulk with a partner. Such as one Wendigo was taking on Hulk and winning until Captain Mar-vel saved him and he had to battle both. Yet they still didn't physcially beat him.

shksprtx
Errrr? Wendigo is a beast, he is definetly being underated here

I agree. Wendigo IS a beast, if you get close enough for him to fight with you...

However, Glads has the advantage of speed as well as some ranged attacks which would help him win...

Failing everything else, Glads could just BFR him...

King_Mungi
Gladiator is predominetly a melee fighter, he would definetly get close to Wendigo just like he did with Hulk, Colossus, Cannonball, etc. You also act as if Wendigo hasn't fought speedsters before , and Gladiator cannot go lightspeed on Earth.

Depening on the host, they could actually BFR Gladiator.

jinzin
I'd say that by and large, Gladiator is going to take the majority of wins from Wendigo here.
I would venture to say that Gladiator is stronger/more powerful than Wendigo on average.
That coupled with his capability in flight, advantage in speed and (presumably) reflexes, along with his pseudo heat vision and hurricane breath, I'm inclined to say that Wendigo's getting an ass kicking here.
Probably won't be easy for Glads, it might take a while, but I think Glads wins this.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by jinzin
I'd say that by and large, Gladiator is going to take the majority of wins from Wendigo here.
I would venture to say that Gladiator is stronger/more powerful than Wendigo on average.
That coupled with his capability in flight, advantage in speed and (presumably) reflexes, along with his pseudo heat vision and hurricane breath, I'm inclined to say that Wendigo's getting an ass kicking here.
Probably won't be easy for Glads, it might take a while, but I think Glads wins this.

I agree, he can even get 10/10 on 2 maybe 3 different hosts that were fairly weak

There's was no set strength for Wendigo yet, but it took the combined efforts on another time from Sasquatch and Hulk to put him down.

That I agree with, what I don't agree with as the above statements that it would be easy for him. Especially how Hulk took him out and Hulk has yet to defeat Wendigo by himself and every time even with a partner he struggled against Wendigo.

shksprtx
There's was no set strength for Wendigo yet, but it took the combined efforts on another time from Sasquatch and Hulk to put him down.

And that was a normal human host. Wendigo with a powerful host would make it exponentially more difficult.

For the record, I never said it would be easy, just that Glads could probably take a majority against a Wendigo with a normal-human host.

jinzin
I agree, he can even get 10/10 on 2 maybe 3 different hosts that were fairly weak

That I agree with, what I don't agree with as the above statements that it would be easy for him. Especially how Hulk took him out and Hulk has yet to defeat Wendigo by himself and every time even with a partner he struggled against Wendigo.

Agreed, brute strength is definitely not much of an advantage against Wendigo, even if you are stronger, Wendigo's durability and regnerative capabilities are too muh for strength to put down alone.

That's why I think all of gladiator's abilities have to come into play here. If he decides to fistacuff it like he's done with Colossus or Thor, he might get steamrolled. erm

Wonder Man
I guess if Gladiator is confidant he can even beat Magic. I'd like to see someone lock him in the crimson bands of cittorak and see if he could break them.

King_Mungi
I hope the New York city sized Wendigo appears again, it looks like he was suppose to be a villian in Omega Flight as shown in a sketch by Scott Kolins way back when,

strengthkills

That I agree with, what I don't agree with as the above statements that it would be easy for him. Especially how Hulk took him out and Hulk has yet to defeat Wendigo by himself and every time even with a partner he struggled against Wendigo. Actually wendigo wasnt beating hulk either of those times(old days)hulk was winning when sasquatch came(he was knocking him down over and over)and when wolverine crashed the other fight hulk was doing better or just as good.
Now cartier(black guy host i think) was beating hulk by holding hulk underwater
so id say wendigo for the majority unless glads can BFR him
wendigos a beast ive always wanted him and maestro to duke it out
P.S. thanks mungi,thats fine

King_Mungi
Originally posted by strengthkills
Actually wendigo wasnt beating hulk either of those times(old days)hulk was winning when sasquatch came(he was knocking him down over and over)and when wolverine crashed the other fight hulk was doing better or just as good.
Now cartier(black guy host i think) was beating hulk by holding hulk underwater
so id say wendigo for the majority unless glads can BFR him
wendigos a beast ive always wanted him and maestro to duke it out
P.S. thanks mungi,thats fine

Yeah those times were different, but it still took extra power to finish him off. Hulk does consider Wendigo his strongest villian after all wink

Yeah, he someone put the Wendigo curse into himself but retained his intelligence which shocked Hulk and Mar-vel

Sadly I doubt that will ever happen, but would be cool

Sorry again, I can't send another activation code at this moment it won't let me.,

guy222
bumprav

Knowsbleed33
Gladiator takes the majority, mostly via BFR.

CaptainStoic
Using the old Hulk as in the immature Hulk isn't really a good case to stand on, Professor hulk said it himself that back in those days he was much weaker compared to what he had become as he dispatched The Glob.

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/theglob.html

Back in the good old days the Glob was able to give Bruce as good of a fight as Wendigo, he even beat the Hulk the first time they met, and later on when Dale Keown sketched the Hulk, Professor Hulk took him apart with relative ease.

Gladiator would beat any Wendigo to date, by going on how much more power the Hulk has in comparison to Gladiator vs a monster that gave Bruce little trouble (The Glob).

Sin I AM
u know who isn't a beast? Hank Mccoy isn't a beast, they should rename him ape-man

Glads 8/10

TheBadguy
Originally posted by Sin I AM
u know who isn't a beast? Hank Mccoy isn't a beast, they should rename him ape-man

Glads 8/10

laughing Indeed

hulkcpbifiussjf
this is a hell of a fight. I agree with the host statements but... Rulk who by and far handed savage hulk his ass the easiest i've ever seen for purely physical admitted that when the wendigo is hungry he's "virtually unstoppable" So if a strong human host that was hungry was after glads. glads is goin by by and other than that i'd say wendio 6/10

-K-M-
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Gladiator would beat any Wendigo to date, by going on how much more power the Hulk has in comparison to Gladiator vs a monster that gave Bruce little trouble (The Glob).

Lulz, Gladiator is even going to beat Mauvais?

Wtih the rest of your post....ummm...what? Have you actually read Wendigo fights with Hulk?

iceman24567
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Using the old Hulk as in the immature Hulk isn't really a good case to stand on, Professor hulk said it himself that back in those days he was much weaker compared to what he had become as he dispatched The Glob.

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/theglob.html

Back in the good old days the Glob was able to give Bruce as good of a fight as Wendigo, he even beat the Hulk the first time they met, and later on when Dale Keown sketched the Hulk, Professor Hulk took him apart with relative ease.

Gladiator would beat any Wendigo to date, by going on how much more power the Hulk has in comparison to Gladiator vs a monster that gave Bruce little trouble (The Glob). Any? You are 100% wrong there.

Nihilist
who the host?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Gladiator takes the majority, mostly via BFR.

Co-signed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.