Who, In Marvel, Be A Good Match For Earth-2 Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Well?

TricksterPriest
It's hard to find a good match for Superman in general. Earth 2, that would be Kal-L? hmm How about Drax?

shksprtx
Sentry?

Don't know much about Earth-2 Supes

Superboy Prime
He is basically Superman at PC levels with grey hair.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by shksprtx
Sentry?

Don't know much about Earth-2 Supes

Kal-L at his prime, or as he appeared in IC?

At his prime, he would murder Sentry. As he appeared in IC? I'm not sure.

Nikkolas
I didn't know he got weaker with age. I mean, it looks like he's comign back from the dead. So i don't see how age will be a weakening factor.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Nikkolas
I didn't know he got weaker with age. I mean, it looks like he's comign back from the dead. So i don't see how age will be a weakening factor.

Where did you see him coming back from the dead?

Juntai
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Where did you see him coming back from the dead? Kind of a teaser for it in the action anual it showed his grave, and a hand popping out.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Juntai
Kind of a teaser for it in the action anual it showed his grave, and a hand popping out.

The Last action annual?

Juntai
Nevermind, JSA 1.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Juntai
Nevermind, JSA 1.

Should you find a scan for that...share!

I figured he got that from the Countdown teaser which shows the Future Superman from the Batman/Superman books.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He wasn't seeming to weak when he punched thru the chamber walls that protected them from the creation power.

Space M ummy
Well?

Too many to list. Any Skyfather would smoke him: He has no shot against the likes of 616 Zeus, 616 Odin, Cyttorak, or RKT.

Any abstract would blink him out of existence- Death, eternity, infinity, the tribunal, Galactus, etc. Celestials and Cube beings would obliterate him with a thought.

Below the "skyfather" level it's a bit tougher: I'd say...

1.) Mad Jim Jaspers
2.) Full power Graviton
3.) The Herald-Destroyer
4.) The Molecule Man
5.) The Runner
6.) Onslaught
7.) HOM wanda
8.) The high evolutionary
9.) strange, if he wasn't screwing around that day
10.) All eternals, merged into the Uni-Mind
11.) A really pissed off Impossible Man

Nikkolas
Did you seriously just say Wanda and Jaspers and Molecule Man are "below" Skyfather level?

Space M ummy
Did you seriously just say Wanda and Jaspers and Molecule Man are "below" Skyfather level?

In terms of "rank" they are. Skyfathers are Kings among Gods. Wanda, Jaspers, and Molecule man are just extremely powerful mortals.

They're also more powerful than heralds are, but that doesn't make them cosmic beings or abstracts. They're still humans.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Space M ummy
In terms of "rank" they are. Skyfathers are Kings among Gods. Wanda, Jaspers, and Molecule man are just extremely powerful mortals.

They're also more powerful than heralds are, but that doesn't make them cosmic beings or abstracts. They're still humans.

Jaspers? Jaspers wasn't mortal at the height of his power. He didn't even have a body.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Jaspers? Jaspers wasn't mortal at the height of his power. He didn't even have a body.

Jaspers is a human mutant whose powers come from the X-gene. He's not a supernatural force or cosmic presence, like a skyfather or abstract would be.

he's also obviously mortal, as he's been killed.

It's just a matter of classification, not a measure of how powerful he is.

The Problem
The E2 Superman that appeared in Infinite crisis was far from his prime.

Symmetric Chaos
Jaspers is a human mutant whose powers come from the X-gene. He's not a supernatural force or cosmic presence, like a skyfather or abstract would be.

confused It was implied that he did become an abstract though. Since he'd bonded with the whole universe and basically usurped and outed Infinity/Eternity.

he's also obviously mortal, as he's been killed.

Contained at best. Or did NullSpace kill him?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by The Problem
The E2 Superman that appeared in Infinite crisis was far from his prime.

Doesn't matter. any of the individuals I listed would put a massive hurting on even pre-crisis superman. Strange might have to work for it though.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
confused It was implied that he did become an abstract though. Since he'd bonded with the whole universe and basically usurped and outed Infinity/Eternity.

you can't "become" an abstract. they're essential forces of the universe. infinite and only represented here through M-bodies. no matter how powerful a mortal becomes, you don't magically "turn" into an abstract.

even Thanos/Magus/Warlock with the IG weren't "abstracts"

Contained at best. Or did NullSpace kill him?

not contained. killed. the fury teleported him to an area where there was no reality to warp and lobotomized him.

edit: from marvel.com-

This wouldn't be possible with a "true" abstract, as they don't have bodies, can't be killed, and have no actual limits.

Jaspers is not in any way shape or form an abstract being.

Nikkolas
So, aging weakens Superman?

It somehow effects his solar intake that gives him power?

'cause I recall no scan that made out like E2 Supes wasn't in his prime.

Nikkolas
Bump 'cause my interest in Kal-L is coming back.

And I'm also wondering about age weakening Kal-L.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.