how do YOU say it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tramps Lady
How do you say "Caribbean"

Do you say it:

1. Car-i-be-an
2. Car-rib-bean

OR

3. Another way?

Do tell us lol

I say it like the first one lol

Jaeh_JediPirate
first one! *raises hand*

tee_pirategirl
First one!!! *raises hand too*

Not that the second one's wrong but I was annoyed when Reese Witherspoon pronounced it the second way when she was announcing Johnny's name in the Golden Globes...

I LOVE YOUR SIGGY JAEH!!!!

T.Maria
i pronounce it in the second way....

I think its my accent to be honest...and i talk fast anyway (also because of my accent lol)

Mrs Fish
I say it like the second one....
Always have...
maybe its because I'm norwegian.. wink

Hambah
I say #1. Always have. But I remember before POTC came out, everyone thought it was weird because they all said #2 and I said #1.

IheartPocky
I say 1! I don't like it when people say it the second way. It just irritates me. But if it's cause you have an accent then its okay lol. All is forgiven..

Tramps Lady
well, the reson i say it the first way is because i read it how its written, not that any1s wrong, its like Iraq, people say it like-

IR-RA-Q
or
IR-RACK

but im just used to sayin things how they're written, no1s wrong in this kind of thing, though the second way does annoy me, no offence to anyone. i saw epic movie and they say car-rib-bean, but i think its coz its sposed to be funny, i dunno lol

ivebeendepped43
i say the 1st one. and it bugs me when people say it the second way for some reason. not sure why..bt i always correct my dad when he says it that way

Jaeh_JediPirate
no offense, but car rib bean sounds weird.. big grin accent is a good excuse though!

tee_pirategirl
Well yeah...I think it's ok with an accent but normally I dunno why is bugs me too. I think it's because POTC and they themselves say it the first way and I get all protective of my obsession

Jaeh_JediPirate
car rib bean.... a car made out of the rib of a bean. blink

big grin

maybe that's it.. wink

Tramps Lady
lol!

Council#13
I used to say it the first way, then the Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl came out and I started saying it the second way. Isn't that strange?

Jaeh_JediPirate
It is.

!!tangerines!!
i think i say it the first way....
after i read the first post, as i read downthe page i was going
... car-i-bbean .....car-ibbean.... ca-rib-bean
.............and then i got confusededed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.