The Thing vs Shadow Cat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
The current versions of each. Who could take this?

xmarksthespot
no expression

golem370
Well Things orgins are somewhat solid right?

snoopdogg
I heard over at Herochat that Hulk most likely beat her with a thunderclap in WWH X-Men #2. Something about her needing to hear while phased.

xmarksthespot
If he does it's utterly stupid. She can hear underground too. She can also talk underground. She phases through matter and energy. Why exactly is sound supposed to hurt her, when it is just energy propagating through matter?

Validus
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I heard over at Herochat that Hulk most likely beat her with a thunderclap in WWH X-Men #2. Something about her needing to hear while phased.
Even though she's survived missiles exploding around her while phased?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
If he does it's utterly stupid. She can hear underground too. She can also talk underground. She phases through matter and energy. Why exactly is sound supposed to hurt her, when it is just energy propagating through matter? I don't know. Her ear drums should be phased and the shockwave should not hurt her I think.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Validus
Even though she's survived missiles exploding around her while phased? I was thinking that also. I personally don't think a thunderclap should work on her.

xmarksthespot
Anyway, this:
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3236/thor199042723co1.th.jpg
FTW.

Joey Stacks
What's stupid is when people say she phases through vibrations and still hears at the same time. Anyway it's obvious Kitty can hear when phased and thus her ear still feels the vibrations, people are just real anal with her feats and take them out of context from what they are in their defense of their beloved Kitten.

ScarletSpider
They're two of the more prominent Jewish characters, so instead of a physical fight, they could do a spiritual fight, whoever does the better Torah reading.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Validus
Even though she's survived missiles exploding around her while phased? Good point. Originally posted by snoopdogg
I was thinking that also. I personally don't think a thunderclap should work on her. World War Hulk by the way is going to turn out a story only Hulk fanboys will actually like. Can't wait to see how exactly he is going to beat Strange and how exactly he is going to put GR down. He is going to beat people he would normally never do, it's another shit ongoing, let's confuse readers what the heck is going on (you won't actually know if WWH is effecting everything like for example Mighty Avengers and so) and let's mess up our comic universe some more after Civil War crap...

xmarksthespot
So we take that Kitty has dialogue when phased to mean that therefore matter and energy still affects her eardrums, lungs, vocal cords, diaphragm etc even though her powers allow her to pass through matter and energy. And since she has dialogue underground obviously these parts of her body are sheared out of her when she swims through solid matter while talking. Who would have thunk it, that all any character needs to do is pass their hand through her head when she's phased to beat her.

snoopdogg
Does adamantium giver her troubles while phasing? I know the metal on Breakworld does.

xmarksthespot
When did the metal on Breakworld actually give her any trouble in the same way that adamantium (and basically only adamantium) has been shown to? It's been several months since the last AXM came out... and the same amount of time since I've read it.

Entity
I would say since she can choose when to be partially phased and unphased for things like walking and gabbing things she should be able to do the same for both talking and hearing.

llagrok
Originally posted by Entity
I would say since she can choose when to be partially phased and unphased for things like walking and gabbing things she should be able to do the same for both talking and hearing.

She doesn't get partially phased smile

Sometimes phasing through dense characters affect them instead of her, and sometimes it really affects her. It's weird. In this AU she knocked out the white dwarf simply by phasing through him, since he was so dense. That was an alternate universe, but I still think it's slightly relevant.

Entity
Originally posted by llagrok

Sometimes phasing through dense characters affect them instead of her, and sometimes it really affects her. It's weird. In this AU she knocked out the white dwarf simply by phasing through him, since he was so dense. That was an alternate universe, but I still think it's slightly relevant. Then how does she walk on the ground while going through walls?

snoopdogg
When did the metal on Breakworld actually give her any trouble in the same way that adamantium (and basically only adamantium) has been shown to? It's been several months since the last AXM came out... and the same amount of time since I've read it. Issue #20 I think. She got dizzy after she phased through it I think.

How does she react to adamantium?

llagrok
Then how does she walk on the ground while going through walls?

No idea.

She doesn't touch the ground, that's not how she moves while phasing.

llagrok
Issue #20 I think. She got dizzy after she phased through it I think.

How does she react to adamantium?

She almost vomits after phasing through it.

Entity
Then how does she walk on the ground while going through walls? bottom of page!

llagrok
bottom of page!

I replied to it.

Entity
I replied to it. I know I just wanted to make sure everyone else saw it too. wink

Tyrant
When did the metal on Breakworld actually give her any trouble in the same way that adamantium (and basically only adamantium) has been shown to? It's been several months since the last AXM came out... and the same amount of time since I've read it. Shit... I'll try to find the comic, where Shadow Cat fazes Wolverine...

llagrok
Originally posted by Tyrant
Shit... I'll try to find the comic, where Shadow Cat fazes Wolverine...

She phased X-23 in a comic and nearly vomited. Can't remember if it's uncanny x-men or new x-men.

Tyrant
She phased X-23 in a comic and nearly vomited. Can't remember if it's uncanny x-men or new x-men. I remember reading a comic, where she fazed Wolverine when he was about to be cranked in a Danger Room exercise when Xavier was bad.

snoopdogg
So could Logan actually beat Kitty?

llagrok
So could Logan actually beat Kitty?

Not according to himself smile

Validus
She almost vomits after phasing through it.
Wow, what a hindrance.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Tyrant
Shit... I'll try to find the comic, where Shadow Cat fazes Wolverine... There are several times thats happened even I think even quite recently. The adamantium thing is a retcon (probably intended so that Wolverine can beat her).

I know the metal on Breakworld makes her feel odd, but she had no problems phasing through a crapload of it on recon when Colossus was revived.

StyleTime
I can't believe I actually had to break a tie between these two.

Also, who voted stalemate?

xmarksthespot
I just did... to piss you off. evil face

Polls mean jack anyway. And I'm pretty sure this is a rehash thread.

StyleTime
YOU MEAN JACK! mad

SpunkySmurph

Polls mean jack anyway. I voted for Wolverine.

Creshosk
The adamantium thing is a retcon (probably intended so that Wolverine can beat her). Isn't it like an ancient thing though?

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8402/wolverine12620nw2.jpg

This is from 1998 and it refers to events that took place a long time before that, her having problems with adamantium isn't exactly new.

I've only seen her have problems with adamantium and Harpoon's energy lances personally.

llagrok
Originally posted by Creshosk
Isn't it like an ancient thing though?

This is from 1998 and it refers to events that took place a long time before that, her having problems with adamantium isn't exactly new.

I've only seen her have problems with adamantium and Harpoon's energy lances personally.

She had a problem with adamantium a year or two ago as well.

llagrok

She had a problem with adamantium a year or two ago as well.

X-men 165 I believe.

xmarksthespot

This is from 1998 and it refers to events that took place a long time before that, her having problems with adamantium isn't exactly new.I would say the last decade of a ~40 year history is relatively recent. Regardless it's relatively inconsistent... didn't Deathverine's adamantium pass through her without any effect circa 2000? And there doesn't seem to be a gradation to it, which is what makes it seem a bit plot device; although Whedon tried to introduce a sort of logic to it, with the Breakworld metal and the Kitty-proof box.

Passing through X-23 was odd in that X-23 doesn't actually have an adamantium skeleton.
I've only seen her have problems with adamantium and Harpoon's energy lances personally. There was also the N'Garai demon back in the day.

llagrok
X-23 has claws and attempted to cut her.

Probably why she was close to puke and not about to pass out, like when Wolverine hit her.

Scoobless

Then how did she punch Emma Frost from behind a wall in AXM?

no expression

Creshosk
I would say the last decade of a ~40 year history is relatively recent. Regardless it's relatively inconsistent... didn't Deathverine's adamantium pass through her without any effect circa 2000? And there doesn't seem to be a gradation to it, which is what makes it seem a bit plot device; although Whedon tried to introduce a sort of logic to it, with the Breakworld metal and the Kitty-proof box.

Passing through X-23 was odd in that X-23 doesn't actually have an adamantium skeleton.
There was also the N'Garai demon back in the day. She doesn't have a 40 year history. She has a 27 year history. And I'm pretty sure they were refering to an earlier event. Since you not only don't want to help bring to light what it was but try and down play how long its been around I'll have to find it myself.. I'm pretty sure it took place sometime around wolverine and kitty pryde. 4 years into her 27 year carrer.

xmarksthespot
Bad math on my part. embarrasment

I should have written ~30 year history. During Wolverine and Kitty Pryde nothing happened when Wolverine passed through her phased form. In which case that would make it a retcon.
Originally posted by Scoobless
Then how did she punch Emma Frost from behind a wall in AXM?

no expression
She has shown the ability to phase parts of herself; however using that she has dialogue to mean that she constantly has her tympanic membrane, ossicles, cochlea, lungs, diaphragm, larynx, tongue, mouth, intercostals, scalenes etc. unphased, even when she's swimming through solid matter is idiocy.

Creshosk
Bad math on my part. embarrasment

I should have written ~30 year history. During Wolverine and Kitty Pryde nothing happened when Wolverine passed through her phased form. In which case that would make it a retcon.Indeed. Thank you, that proves the point one way or the other. Remind me did she have problems during the scene I seem to remember where Wolverine killed Northstar?

In any case, this fight should go to Kitty Pryde.

StyleTime
Wow. Would you guys please stop voting stalemate?

........or Thing.

xmarksthespot
Never!

Indeed. Thank you, that proves the point one way or the other. Remind me did she have problems during the scene I seem to remember where Wolverine killed Northstar?

In any case, this fight should go to Kitty Pryde. I don't actually remember but will check later. I just wished that they would make it both a) more consistent; and b) more logical with a better correlation between density and difficulty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.