Drax vs Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Well the match seems interesting enough, plus I always wondered how the man who raped Thanos would do agaisnt the guy who killed Supes.

On that note, im referring to the most powerful iteration of both characters and there r duking it out on some random planet devoid of any life.

darthgoober
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Well the match seems interesting enough, plus I always wondered how the man who raped Thanos would do agaisnt the guy who killed Supes.
Which version of DD and which version of Drax?

charlemagne9746
Doomsday ftw

guy222

On that note, im referring to the most powerful iteration of both characters and there r duking it out on some random planet devoid of any life.

classic or current drax

Symmetric Chaos
DD. Drax lacks the adaptability to keep up and his combat speed never impressed me.

golem370
My favorite Drax was the one with the power gem. He can fly at near-light speed and is pretty much indestructible. He also had blasts that could destroy a large asteroid.

Tyrant
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
DD. Drax lacks the adaptability to keep up and his combat speed never impressed me. How can he not keep up?
Plus, it's not like both aren't comparable in both of what you said.

What Drax lacks, is the ability to keep focused.

Mider999
yes but doomsday will eventually become immune to anything drax throws at him.

Tyrant
Originally posted by Mider999
yes but doomsday will eventually become immune to anything drax throws at him. For some reason, DD has never shown the ability to completely adapt past punches... ever.

darthgoober
Originally posted by darthgoober
Which version of DD and which version of Drax?

Tyrant

Juntai
Doomsday.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Tyrant

Ah...thanks bran, I didn't notice that particular edit.

Given those stipulations, DD takes this.

Symmetric Chaos
How can he not keep up?

Cause he's like Hulk but with flying.

Plus, it's not like both aren't comparable in both of what you said.

Drax has a good flying speed but he's not exactly nimble.
Drax doesn't evolve on the fly. At all. It's completely no contest in that area.

What Drax lacks, is the ability to keep focused.

Forum rules say the combatant's want to win. Drax can focus emotionally.

Tyrant
Cause he's like Hulk but with flying.

Drax has a good flying speed but he's not exactly nimble.
Drax doesn't evolve on the fly. At all. It's completely no contest in that area.

Forum rules say the combatant's want to win. Drax can focus emotionally. And Doomsday is what now, on this forum?
Flash?

He doesn't have to be nimble, because neither are.

You said adaptability to keep up, and, he can keep up.
Plus, the more rage he focuses into the Power Gem, the more power he gains.

Well, just going by how Drax normally fights.

Although, I'll say Drax loses, but some of this is overplayed. Like DD's superspeed.
He's fast ya, but not too fast for people like Drax.

Symmetric Chaos
And Doomsday is what now, on this forum?
Flash?

No but he does have some legit speed feats.

Although, I'll say Drax loses, but some of this is overplayed. Like DD's superspeed.
He's fast ya, but not too fast for people like Drax.

Perhaps but it still gives DD an edge. Unless you have a good example of Drax fighting at high speeds erm

The Problem
No but he does have some legit speed feats.

Perhaps but it still gives DD an edge. Unless you have a good example of Drax fighting at high speeds erm

Such as?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Drax will Get some wins. DD isn't going to evolve from Superior Fire power ever. And one Thing drax will have more of is strength and durability. DD will evolve eventually, but the pG adapts in kind. Even moondragon commented and said that the user of the PG will just continue to sap it for strength and Stamina and invulnerability. So This fight will come down to who adapts more and faster. Drax does his subcoinciously and DD does his according to how the battle goes. So that is a toss up. I'm giving DD 7/10 wins based onthe fact that Drax isn't using the PG on purpose. If he was, he could very much control the fight and make it go how he wants it to.

Tyrant
No but he does have some legit speed feats.That put him in the overwhelming Drax with speed, range?

Perhaps but it still gives DD an edge. Unless you have a good example of Drax fighting at high speeds erm Well, Drax can already fly at light speeds, and he has also been shown to be able to intercept upgraded Surfer's straight flight path with a punch (we all know how fast Surfer is).
Also, he's never been shown to fight like you put it, but he's always been shown to be fast enough for almost any occasion, so...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Problem
Such as?

He impressed Superman with his speed, he attack a group of JLAers in DOS (GL compared him to Flash, not that he's on that level of speed but still shows that he's quick on his feet)

The Problem
He impressed Superman with his speed, he attack a group of JLAers in DOS (GL compared him to Flash, not that he's on that level of speed but still shows that he's quick on his feet)

IIRC back when none of them could hit light speed?

llagrok
Current Drax has some pretty decent feats. Killing off Lunatik and one of the blood brothers quickly.

I'd say Doomsday would eventually beat the old Drax, current one could go either way.

The Problem
Originally posted by llagrok
Current Drax has some pretty decent feats. Killing off Lunatik and one of the blood brothers quickly.

I'd say Doomsday would eventually beat the old Drax, current one could go either way.

Current Drax is weaker than his former self......

llagrok
Current Drax is weaker than his former self......

Yes, so it seems. However, has anyone actually beaten the current Drax? I haven't seen anyone knock him unconscious.

Priest
Dumb Drax ftw

The Problem
Yes, so it seems. However, has anyone actually beaten the current Drax? I haven't seen anyone knock him unconscious.

Well thats horrible logic. sad

llagrok
Well thats horrible logic. sad

Not really.

He has faced a lot of strong opponents, no one's beaten him smile

quanchi112
current drax to me is tougher becuz he has a brain. he thinks on his feet and that makes anyone more dangerous. he may lack the raw power of the original but the new one is more dangerous.

llagrok
Originally posted by quanchi112
current drax to me is tougher becuz he has a brain. he thinks on his feet and that makes anyone more dangerous. he may lack the raw power of the original but the new one is more dangerous.

Exactly.

The current Drax is probably far durable than the old one, yet somehow he's able to kill hordes of enemies. So either his hand to hand skill is insane, or he's got some powers we don't know of. Brains probably won't save the day against Doomsday though.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I wonder How current Drax would do with the PG. Who would be able to give him agood fight?

llagrok
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I wonder How current Drax would do with the PG. Who would be able to give him agood fight?

I'm sorry, what's PG?

It's really getting late.

quanchi112
Exactly.

The current Drax is probably far durable than the old one, yet somehow he's able to kill hordes of enemies. So either his hand to hand skill is insane, or he's got some powers we don't know of. Brains probably won't save the day against Doomsday though. i think drax would fall to doomsday. doomsday is very tough and he keeps coming. drax cant hang with him forever. drax is no joke but doomsday is a maniac. no plot device would save drax. unless the writer had him able to kill doomsday. and come up with some crappy plot device like in some other story. hint hint. damn u keith.

Tyrant
I'm sorry, what's PG?

It's really getting late. Power Girl.

quanchi112

On that note, im referring to the most powerful iteration of both characters and there r duking it out on some random planet devoid of any life. he did not rape thanos. he cheapshotted him. gigantic difference.

Symmetric Chaos
Exactly.

The current Drax is probably far durable than the old one, yet somehow he's able to kill hordes of enemies. So either his hand to hand skill is insane, or he's got some powers we don't know of. Brains probably won't save the day against Doomsday though.

"I bet he has powers no one knows about that will save him." Great logic.

h1a8
For some reason, DD has never shown the ability to completely adapt past punches... ever.
Yes he has.
You must read Hunter Prey then.
It states and shows that he can evolve on the fly.
Why do you think he survived the omega effect?
Either he evolved on the fly to it or he was completely immune to energy projection (as told by the battle against the Radiant) anyway.
The former is more scarier though.
And he's not unmovable. Anyone can punch him away.
They just can't damage him.

Tyrant
Originally posted by h1a8
Yes he has.
You must read Hunter Prey then.
It states and shows that he can evolve on the fly.
Why do you think he survived the omega effect?
Either he evolved on the fly to it or he was completely immune to energy projection (as told by the battle against the Radiant) anyway.
The former is more scarier though.
And he's not unmovable. Anyone can punch him away.
They just can't damage him. I said punches, not blasts.
Blasts have never really been shown to seriously effect him (other than when Radiant beat him the first time).

Punches have always been the most effective, although, nothing really effects him, in better forms.
Plus, in Hunter Prey, he didn't evolve past anything really, it's just that nothing really affected him in that comic to begin with (other than when Superman cut him with a sword).

Plus, it's doubtful that he evolved past the OE, since not even DD can adapt past being erased in a second. I just don't think it affected him too much, to begin with.

batdude123
Anyway, Doomsday for the win.

quanchi112
I'm sorry, what's PG?

It's really getting late. power gem i think he means.

Nikkolas
Stupid Johns, bringing back Doomsday to last all of a few pages.

What the hell was he doing there anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.