Ryu vs Kim Kaphwan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
This is for dramatic purposes.

Ryu. Ansatsuken warrior...First World Warrior champion...writer?

Ryu has published his autobiography, Reflections in a Dragon's Eye, in which he talks about his friendship with Ken, his rivals, being Capcom's posterboy, facing his personal demons, the women he chased (from Chun Li to Juli) and his recovery from his pill-popping addiction (he has been clean since 3rd Strike).

Within several weeks his autobiography is number one on nearly all the bestsellers' lists.

As Ryu signs his books inside a store in South Korea, Kim Kaphwan appears. Kaphwan has long heard about Ryu's personal redemption and wished to thank him for not giving in.

Of course, that is not the only reason he came by. He wants to see just how much Ryu has improved since the last tournament. Ryu, being Ryu, accepts the match.

Each person is at their strongest version.

Sado22
Ryu. he's stronger and Kim tends to attack too much with too many openings. besides he's got too many ariel attacks for his own good.
i see Kim jumping straight into a well timed shinkuu-hadouken.

~Sado

colonelf40
This is a great match-up!
Even though kim is my favourite snk character alongside joe, ryu should take this 7/10.

Ryu has more experience with fighting top-tier fighters such as ken, sagat, m.bison and akuma. Kim could pull-out a victoyr if ryu gets careless as did when he fought ken, but other than that i give this to ryu.
This fight would be simular to the fight betwwen ryu and fei-long in sf2 the animated movie and kim is way cooler than ryu.

BTW
Animated Ryu vs Animated Kim would be a cool fight!

StyleTime
Kim looses, but he will look cool hell while he does.

lightness
kim does have lots of experience fighting terry who is high tier. kim may pull it off since he's managed to beat terry in the past and ryu's lost to ken.

Sado22
good point.
F--k Ryu mad

Superboy Prime
Kim will not be beating Ryu.

Beating Terry does not equal beating Ryu.

Being beaten by Ken does not equal being a pussy.

Besides people need to understand that Ken & Ryu have been sparring and training for their entire lives. They know each other better than anyone else. And as such they know each other's tendencies and weaknesses. Kim does not have this luxury.

Emperor Ashtar
Terry never lost to Kim or anyone for that matter.

StyleTime
Yeah I was wondering about that comment concerning Terry vs Kim.

Sado22
you both aren't the only ones...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.