Bruce Hanging Upside Down in Batman 1989

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SelinaAndBruce
Wow I just noticed that on like the second time I viewed it recently. I guess if you look away for a second you miss it but man how was Vicki Vale NOT freaked out to wake up and see him hanging like that. Was he sleeping like that, or was he working out? I thought he couldn't sleep in a bed or something so he slept upside down after Vicki fell asleep, lol

Mr Parker
its been a long tiem since I seen it but Im pretty sure vickie wasnt there at that time when that happened.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Mr Parker
its been a long tiem since I seen it but Im pretty sure vickie wasnt there at that time when that happened.
The scene was Vicki waking up to an empty bed after they slept together then cut to Bruce hanging upside down with no shirt on and some pajama pants swinging back and forth on some piece of work out equipment or something.

Unless I misinterpreted and Bruce was in another room. But I thought it was the same one. I'll go check my dvd

SelinaAndBruce
I just rewatched the scene. It is as I remember. Bruce and Vicki in bed. Vicki is asleep and Bruce is awake. Then it shows Vicki alone in bed and she wakes up to a creeking noise. When she opens her eyes we see Bruce hanging upside down on some sort of apparatus rocking back and forth moving his arms.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Wow I just noticed that on like the second time I viewed it recently. I guess if you look away for a second you miss it but man how was Vicki Vale NOT freaked out to wake up and see him hanging like that. Was he sleeping like that, or was he working out? I thought he couldn't sleep in a bed or something so he slept upside down after Vicki fell asleep, lol

Loved that scene.

Juntai
He could have either been working out, doing situps from that position, or just as likely, those devices are used simply to relieve pressure from the back similar to a more current inversion bench.

Mr Parker
yeah that was my thoughts back then was that if she did see him doing that,she more than likely just thought what most people would,that he was just doing some morning exercises.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Juntai
He could have either been working out, doing situps from that position, or just as likely, those devices are used simply to relieve pressure from the back similar to a more current inversion bench.
That's a good point. But it just seemed so eerie coupled with the fact he couldn't fall asleep in bed with her. But she later woke him up on the couch so I guess there went my theory he could only sleep hanging upside down big grin

Alfheim
He was working out.

amity75
I bet Kim Basingers seen some weirder sights than THAT when she wakes up in the morning...

braz
Yeah, I couldnt tell if he was working out or if he was trying to sleep like a bat, because he's...Batman batman

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by amity75
I bet Kim Basingers seen some weirder sights than THAT when she wakes up in the morning...
LOL maybe so but I wonder if Vicki Vale has? big grin

Ultimate Hulk43
It's no big deal, he was just working out, nothing for her to be freaked out about.

Locard
"Morning exercises" thats what she thought
I wonder if its even possible to sleep hanging upside down for a person

SelinaAndBruce
See i don't think it is possible if it is it would prolly be highly uncomfortable.

Locard
After a couple of hours, the headache must be unbearable, think in all the blood from the body going to the head.

Scythe
Originally posted by Juntai

Or maybe he was asleep instead of working out. I do that all the time. I'm typing this while asleep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.