darthgoober Amalgam Tourney match- Joey Stacks vs Scoobless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Scoobless vs Joey Stacks

BIGFOOT
1.(Mind) Moonstone II
2.(Body) Sasquatch
3.(Powers) Yellow Jacket

vs

1.(Mind) Karate Kid
2.(Body) Invincible*
3.(Powers) Post-Crimson Dawn Psylocke

Location- The bridge of the Death Star, where Luke and Vader have their duel. Opposite ends and such.

darthgoober

darthgoober

batdude123
Good luck to both Scoobless and Joey Stacks.

grey fox
Question : Isn't the actual bridge that Luke/Vader fought on INSANELY thin ?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by grey fox
Question : Isn't the actual bridge that Luke/Vader fought on INSANELY thin ?

The bridge of the ship...not a traditional bride. Liek the "Bridge of the Enterprise" ....ya know, "All Hands on the Bridge". That sort of thing.

Anyway, pinned.

Scoobless

illadelph12
Wait a minute, Vader and Luke didn't fight on the bridge, it was a spire that the Emperor resided in while he was on the space station (like an observation deck), and there was a shaft within the spire that led directly to the reactor core (that Vader threw the Emperor down to kill him). I'm assuming that's the battle field that was intended for this battle, right?

Also, if it's the Reeturn of the Jedi Death Star it's incomplete and about 40% of the structure is exposed to space and sealed by forcefields to maintain life support.

And I'm a f*ckin nerd for even knowing that...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by illadelph12
Wait a minute, Vader and Luke didn't fight on the bridge, it was a spire that the Emperor resided in while he was on the space station (like an observation deck), and there was a shaft within the spire that led directly to the reactor core (that Vader threw the Emperor down to kill him). I'm assuming that's the battle field that was intended for this battle, right?

Also, if it's the Reeturn of the Jedi Death Star it's incomplete and about 40% of the structure is exposed to space and sealed by forcefields to maintain life support.

And I'm a f*ckin nerd for even knowing that...

All correct (especially the nerd part stick out tongue ), but that doesn't really change anything...the rest of the DS is attached to the spire/bridge/whatever, so Scoob's tactic is interesting but very legal.

illadelph12
I know, I was just making sure the dimensions of the battlefield were nerdtastically accurate...

(now I need to go bump some Canibus to wash away the nerd).

Joey Stacks

Scoobless

illadelph12
How could you not see Star Wars???

thumb down

SpunkySmurph
How could Scoob coin one of Trickster's phrases???

thumb down

Joey Stacks
Not necessarily, Moonstone can fire energy blasts while phased

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/34...yblast01bi4.jpg

All your scan shows is that she unphased her hand to blast her which is easily shattered by a well placed super speed punch from the Invincible Kid.

What's the farthest Psylocke has been from anyone that she's managed to take down with a mental attack? .... has she ever even done it from 1 mile away? I doubt it.

In the first issue of the Onslaught saga Psylocke was able to detect the Juggernaut attacking the X-mansion, from Europe, with the Magneto blocks in place.

No, but I was referring to the other scans you used, the ones showing Omni-Man detecting problems, dealing with them then returning before Invincible even knows what's going on.

You're talking about when Invincible watched his dad repair the dam with no noticable problems and then called him a showoff.

80,000 maybe, but 8,000,000? ... no chance.

"Bigfoot = Moonstone, Sasquatch & Hank Pym" - Scoobless

"Meemoo = Karate Kid, Psylocke AND Invincible." - Joey Stacks

If Karate Kid were using his normal human body you'd have a point, but he isn't. In fact, I'd say 8,000,000 is a reasonable number considering people were saying that Invincible is stronger then Wonder Man (who's max is like 50,000) in all actuality (given that you were one of the main people who said Wonder Man and Invincible are around the same strength level) the striking force number should be around 4,000,000,000 (50,000x80,000) tons. Yeah, you let Meemoo hit you, you're screwed buddy.

BF being solid is "extraordinary"? .... really? ..... seems doubtful.

Considering in all your matches you're keeping him phased, not doubtful at all.

You're actually comparing Invincible to a Superman level character after you

Apollo? Superman level? laughing out loud

Hell I've gone on record SAYING that Apollo is barely stronger then a fresh Namor (I could link you to the topic matter of fact).

No, you're wrong there again. BF is close to 130,000 tons in weight when at 500 ft tall, putting that behind his multi-million ton strength level and the force applied is staggering, even compared to someone like Invincible.

What force? You're mostly intangible brother and can't even move unphased without destroying something. And then again there's that whole 50,000 ton thing that puts my hitting force up there with Superman and such.

Except that Invincible doesn't get any flight power in this tourney whatsoever

No, but he does give Karate Kid (who's single character cap is at 200 mph) the DURABILITY to reach max speeds and we all know he does have it in him to reach speeds of MUCH greater then Mach 10.

First off, Psylocke's accuracy with teleporting was abysmal to begin with

Were you in the topic where I showed her teleporting from across a city to right behind Storm? Were you in the topic where I showed her teleporting a group of X-Men from New York into a Kenyan village where Shadow King was waiting to ambush her while simultaneously dropping herself and Wolverine into a jungle to flank the rear? Yeah you were and for the judges here's a link http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=454339 .

... as that's a skill part of that power there's no way Karate Kid is going
to end up where he wants to go

See this is the beautiful part, Karate Kid doesn't have to think of a specific location all he has to think is get me as far away as possible.

.... and a continent away is not going to be far enough to escape a blast wave that's around the size of a planet.

I've seen bits and pieces of the first Star Wars and the Deathstar was NOWHERE NEAR a planet (well at least Earth sized planet) sized object even then Karate Kid won't have to completely escape the blast as Invincible is more then durable enough to survive the outer edges of it.

Actually that's only my opening attack (and it's not a ship, it's a space station) ... I was waiting to see if you could survive that before going any further ... even now it's extremely doubtful that you'll survive but I'll cover my bases anyway in case any judges disagree.

Looks like your opening attack backfired and you've lost sight of a potent telepath who's unchecked by normal psi dampeners and has the lethal skills of Karate Kid in Invincible's body.

Yet another reason why he shouldn't have been allowed in to the tourney to begin with .... if that's true I mean.

Abomination could survive nukes too.

1) Intangible characters have always been harder to detect/read/attack for telepaths (Emma Frost couldn't tell Kitty Pryde was about to attack her recently in AXM)

Kitty Pride is the ONLY example you have and Kitty Pride=/=Moonstone.

2) Characters with heightened electrical activity within their brains also possess enhanced mental defences due to the interference (such as
Storm),

Storm's mental defenses have NEVER been stated as heightened because of her electrical activity (in fact, in the ONE instance that is being referenced, the Jean Grey instance with the ice cream, it was merely hinted at) she's just always had a assload of willpower.

3) the sheer size of the brain/mind being attacked will cause huge difficulties as it would be extremely different from the norm for Psylocke (and Karate Kid doesn't get her experience/skill with those powers)

When has size mattered to a telepath?

4) the energy fields being produced by the Death Star will cause some interference with long range TP.

And your proof is?

any one of those would be helpful, all 4 together would make it immensely difficult, if not impossible, for a TP attack (or even mind reading) to work here.

Not even close

Um ... I disagree.

And I disagree that 2+2=4, still doesn't make it right.

More like 50% sure ... but I'm being cautious and staying large & phased once I reach Endor just in case.

Yeah and you have WAYYYYY more knowledge on the characters durability then Karla Softon, who's a natural pompous ass that wouldn't think of double checking.

no expression .... you've never seen Star Wars?

I've seen bits and pieces of the first one with the deserts and stuff and thought it was boring. That also brings up another interesting point, how do you know Softon has seen Star Wars?

Summary:

He can't escape the DS blast wave
His telepathy is not going to affect this match
His physical strength is insufficient to harm BF
He is arguing that one of his individual draft characters is Superman level
HE HAS NEVER SEEN STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg_smilie

Summary:

I still have my teleportation.
My telepathy still will own him.
Thanks to Scoobless's belief of Invincible's strength being at Wonder Man level (I agree actually) I now hit with 4,000,000,000 tons of force (instead of the moddest 8,000,000 I put out earlier) thanks to Karate Kid being able to optimize damage potential with his learned Karate skills.
Bigfoot growing actually helps me because he increases pain receptors allowing for nerve strikes to do more damage then they naturally cause (worst come to worse I could just use telepathy to increase the sense of pain in fact that's not a bad tactic if by some miracle, which won't happen, Bigfoot is unscathed by his attacks hell that's a powerful tactic period).
Apollo is Superman level, might as well argue that Captain America is Spiderman level.
Thanks to the merger of Karate Kid and Invincible I'm allowed to reach speeds over the caps (hell Karate Kid by himself, who's the single character speed called into question, has a max of only 200 mph)
KARLA SOFTON HASN'T SEEN STAR WARS EITHER.

Joey Stacks for president ladies and gents. Joey Stacks for president.

cool

Joey Stacks
Unofficial post

I've never seen Star Wars because from what I have seen (Episode 2 and bits and pieces of Episode 4) it sucked.

Joey Stacks
Unofficial post #2

in my haste I noticed a scan of Invinicible's reaction and speed being messed up.

So anyway here he's just randomly walking and sees a normal line and finds out a famous comic writer is signing comics. So he MAINTAINS A CONVERSATION WITH SOME RANDOM GUY IN THE LINE WHILE RUNNING TO HIS HOUSE AND GETTING HIS BOOKS (I know it says car but that's what he said to cover it up, Invincible doesn't even have a car)

http://img467.imageshack.us/my.php?image=comics1a104xl.jpg

illadelph12
This fight is actually developing quite nicely. thumb up

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
Hell I've gone on record SAYING that Apollo is barely stronger then a fresh Namor (I could link you to the topic matter of fact).

Which is utter crap. Kid has thrown down with Cpt. Atom and done well, not to mention half a dozen other feats Namor couldn't come close to matching.

...anyway, good match. I like what Stacks has been doing, but I felt the need to debunk this particular comment since it doesn't have a direct bearing on the match.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Which is utter crap. Kid has thrown down with Cpt. Atom and done well, not to mention half a dozen other feats Namor couldn't come close to matching.

Wait wait, I must defend my favorite character's honor. mad

Namor has thrown down with the likes of Hulk, Hercules and Thor. The battles they have had, even on land, have lasted for pages. That ranks up there with going toe to toe with Captain Atom.

Unofficial post

I've never seen Star Wars because from what I have seen (Episode 2 and bits and pieces of Episode 4) it sucked.

That's...

I...I wasn't aware that there still are people that haven't seen the Classic Star Wars. Even once.

I must go and deal with this crushing information for a second.

DigiMark007
I respect Namor. He's just not Apollo. Apollo has surprisingly few bad showings, so I've never really understood why he always jobs on the forums and people think he's closer to, say, Iron Man than Superman.

Anyway:
*leaves thread, in fear of taking over the thread with DC*

Tyrant
Either way... Namor is stronger than Iron Man...

Scoobless

What's the farthest Psylocke has been from anyone that she's managed to take down with a mental attack? .... has she ever even done it from 1 mile away? I doubt it.

In the first issue of the Onslaught saga Psylocke was able to detect the Juggernaut attacking the X-mansion, from Europe, with the Magneto blocks in place.

So what? detecting isn't harming .... and is Onslaught era even close to crimson dawn era (or whatever it was you drafted)?

You're talking about when Invincible watched his dad repair the dam with no noticable problems and then called him a showoff.

I'm talking about Invincible barely realising the dam was in danger before his dad fixed it.

If Karate Kid were using his normal human body you'd have a point, but he isn't. In fact, I'd say 8,000,000 is a reasonable number considering people were saying that Invincible is stronger then Wonder Man (who's max is like 50,000) in all actuality (given that you were one of the main people who said Wonder Man and Invincible are around the same strength level) the striking force number should be around 4,000,000,000 (50,000x80,000) tons. Yeah, you let Meemoo hit you, you're screwed buddy.

Uh, no, You're entire amalgam could maybe hit with 80,000 tons of force when maxed out ... and I never said Invincible was as strong as Wonderman, I just agreed with others when they compared the two as I didn't want any ridiculous >>> Iron Man abilities to sneak into the tourney after Invincible was OKed.

Apollo? Superman level? laughing out loud

erm

Why not? He's in Majestic's strength class and has shown FTL flight speed as well as extremely high level durability and energy projection.

Apollo would kill almost any Iron Man level character without much effort.

What force? You're mostly intangible brother and can't even move unphased without destroying something

Being out of phase doesn't change his strength/mass, the force is all there and building up while remaining untouchable and only a tiny portion of the character has to un-phase to release that force

Except that Invincible doesn't get any flight power in this tourney whatsoever

No, but he does give Karate Kid (who's single character cap is at 200 mph) the DURABILITY to reach max speeds and we all know he does have it in him to reach speeds of MUCH greater then Mach 10.

No, you're wrong there, that would still be just using Karate Kid's flight ring (without any mesh amping) to exceed the caps put on single character abilities.

Looks like your opening attack backfired and you've lost sight of a potent telepath who's unchecked by normal psi dampeners and has the lethal skills of Karate Kid in Invincible's body.

Not really, Meemoo is either dead or badly hurt by the explosion, either way he's in no condition to go into battle.

Abomination could survive nukes too.

Abomination was only allowed in because he's fairly one-dimensional ... if he could fly at superspeed he would have been banned (just like Invincible should have)

Kitty Pride is the ONLY example you have and Kitty Pride=/=Moonstone.

Kitty was the main example because she's the only phaser I've seen who has fought a telepath.

Storm's mental defenses have NEVER been stated as heightened because of her electrical activity (in fact, in the ONE instance that is being referenced, the Jean Grey instance with the ice cream, it was merely hinted at) she's just always had a assload of willpower.

Willpower does not block telepathy.

I disagree that 2+2=4

That partially explains your ridiculous calculations regarding your character's strength.

Karla Softon, who's a natural pompous ass that wouldn't think of double checking.

She may act superior but she's trained with the best and fought the toughest villains/heroes, she doesn't take things for granted in battle.

Invincible's strength being at Wonder Man level (I agree actually) I now hit with 4,000,000,000 tons of force

Your math is retarded (and that's putting it nicely)

Bigfoot growing actually helps me because he increases pain receptors allowing for nerve strikes to do more damage then they naturally cause

Skin density, armour thickness and overall durability also increase exponentially, your attacks are meaningless.

Apollo is Superman level, might as well argue that Captain America is Spiderman level.

If Cap started showing those abilities I would

Thanks to the merger of Karate Kid and Invincible I'm allowed to reach speeds over the caps (hell Karate Kid by himself, who's the single character speed called into question, has a max of only 200 mph)

Nothing Invincible adds to your character increases his ability to fly, the single character speed cap still applies here.

If you even manage to survive the explosion of the DS then Meemoo will be badly damaged and in no shape for a fight.

The explosion would also be likely to damage/destroy your flight ring which would leave you stranded in space.

If you attempt to strike BF then you would also destroy your flight ring.

There is no evidence of Invincible possessing significant superhuman reaction/movement speed in any area other than flight (which he doesn't even have for this tourney)

Karate Kid is a precision instrument, the fact that he's been shoved into a body he's unfamiliar with will throw off his abilities as his reach/height/balance/etc/etc/etc will all be different than what he is used to.

As for BF's TP defense, it's about reasonable doubt, all the factors I mentioned have hampered TP at one time or other, having all of them together can only work to my advantage.

There is no doubt that BF is vastly stronger than MM, he also has vastly superior durability and flight speed.

You have little or no long range powers and can't strike me when up close due to phasing.

BF has hugely powerful energy blasts and a single strike would crush MM.

You're either injured or dead from the start, your ring is destroyed so you've lost maneuverability, you can't hit BF, you couldn't hurt BF even if you did land a punch, you can't make it through BF's energy blasts as they would be far too wide to avoid and moving at light speed.

I have all the advantages .... Meemoo is screwed.

leonidas
This fight is actually developing quite nicely. thumb up

indeed. smile

leonidas
so . . . when does this end? it started late, right, so i assume it goes until at least midnight tonight or tomorrow night? confused

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
so . . . when does this end? it started late, right, so i assume it goes until at least midnight tonight or tomorrow night? confused

We were only a few hours late, we've had the full time limit already.

Also, I'm not going to be at my comp after this post for a while so I doubt I'll be posting again tonight.

Joey Stacks

Joey Stacks
If you attempt to strike BF then you would also destroy your flight ring.

That’s only if Val idiotically decides to hit you with a closed fist. Open hand slaps, knife thrusts, palm thrusts, punching with the OPPOSITE HAND, kicks, debris slappery, kneestrikes and head butts are all still viable moves that I’m fairly sure I can EASILY oneshot Bigfoot with.

There is no evidence of Invincible possessing significant superhuman reaction/movement speed in any area other than flight (which he doesn't even have for this tourney)

I JUST POSTED HIM RUNNING INTO HIS HOUSE, UNPACKING HIS COMICS AND RUNNING BACK TO A COMIC BOOK SIGNING. Oh and FLIGHT ring = flight.

Call me Mr. Stacks from now on Scoobless, anything else in unacceptable after that weak tactic.

Karate Kid is a precision instrument, the fact that he's been shoved into a body he's unfamiliar with will throw off his abilities as his reach/height/balance/etc/etc/etc will all be different than what he is used to
Karate Kid has had a fight with an enhanced Dragon Man and 2 hyperspeed prep training sessions to work out the kinks, let’s not forget that he makes his living showing fighters LIKE INVINCIBLE how to control their blows (oh and the fact that he and Invincible have similar physiques). This new body won’t do anything but give him a game-breaking power boost.

As for BF's TP defense, it's about reasonable doubt, all the factors I mentioned have hampered TP at one time or other, having all of them together can only work to my advantage

No they haven’t, all you’ve done is misquote scans and out of context events, hell one of the factors you mentioned DOESN’T EVEN APPLY TO THE CHARACTER YOU ARE USING.

There is no doubt that BF is vastly stronger than MM, he also has vastly superior durability and flight speed.

Flight speed is irrelevant as we all know Sasquatch and Moonstone do not react nearly as fast IN BATTLE as Karate Kid and Invincible have, being stronger is irrelevant when Meemoo has the precision to hit harder then you can even dream.

You have little or no long range powers and can't strike me when up close due to phasing.
My telepathy is far more powerful, dangerous, potent and deadly then any long range attack you posses and you STILL have to unphase a part of your body (which my TELEPATHY allows me to predict to happen and react to before you can counter) to create offense.

IN Conclusion:

Scoobless has once again played nothing but defense, I still hit harder then him, my telepathy still owns him, I’m still able to survive the explosion, I’m still unhittable, Apollo still sucks, yada yada yada. His only hope, enhanced durability, enhanced speed/reaction, teleporting and telepathic plot-device Val Armorr has been taken down by some pathetic explosion with which there is no evidence to the amount of power incased in the explosion nor distance. Ladies and Gentleman we all know Val Armorr by himself could pull a method out of his ass to survive that explosion, Val + Steroids + Telepathy + TELEPORTATION? He’ll survive this blast and pull off a stylish move in the process..

My telepathy still owns him
I still hit harder then he can fathom
I’m still far faster
He still can’t touch me with my TP, speed, teleportation + skill
I’ve still countered his only possible way of victory.
Calculators are, in fact, retarded.

Joey Stacks for Pope Folks
Joey Stacks for Pope

Joey Stacks
I thought matches lasted a week? That should give us two more days :/

Scoobless
Nope they last monday to saturday, everything you just posted was after the match ended.

PS, lifting strength does not = punching force.

erm

Joey Stacks
Match was over as far as i can see, unless Goober protests, i won't be resetting the post...

Pr

Scoobless
The match started on a Tuesday.

The match started on Monday night around 4-5 hours after it was supposed to start which was all explained well in advance of the first post.

Everything you posted after Leo made a couple of posts should actually be deleted as the same happened in other matches when people posted after the time limit had expired.

pr1983
i removed the posts, unless goober protests i'll leave them as they are now...

any further discussion should either be unrelated to the match itself or taken elsewhere...

Ethereal
That's BS

pr1983
Originally posted by Ethereal
That's BS

What is?

Blight
Your FACE is!!! BUUUUUUUUURN!!

Man! That NEVER gets old stick out tongue

pr1983
Originally posted by Blight
Your FACE is!!! BUUUUUUUUURN!!

Man! That NEVER gets old stick out tongue

har de har har...

leonidas
so . . . is anyone gonna vote on this match? confused

leonidas
er, correction -- do we even know yet who's JUDGING this match . . .? confused

illadelph12
Actually, I think a mistake was made. This thread was opened Monday, 7/9, at about 45 minutes to midnight (PST) by Goob. Sunday would have been day 6. So long as Stacks got his posts in Sunday, 7/15, before midnight, the posts should in fact be legal.

illadelph12
Also, normally the matches are posted Sunday at midnight and arguments begin Monday.

In this case the thread was opened late on Monday.

It's Goobs call though.

Personally I think Stacks is getting shafted.

DarkCrawler
Same here.

pr1983
Actually, I think a mistake was made. This thread was opened Monday, 7/9, at about 45 minutes to midnight (PST) by Goob. Sunday would have been day 6. So long as Stacks got his posts in Sunday, 7/15, before midnight, the posts should in fact be legal.

if they are, i'll reset them... anyone seen goober?

Also, normally the matches are posted Sunday at midnight and arguments begin Monday.

In this case the thread was opened late on Monday.

It's Goobs call though.

Personally I think Stacks is getting shafted.

i'll let goober have final say... i still have copies of stacks' posts (well, the two large ones anyway), so i can revert them to their original state...

Scoobless
Matches were always Monday - Saturday ... even accounting for the few hours late it began Stacks posted well after the time limit.

Joey Stacks
What's irritating is how quick the trigger was pulled based on SCOOBLESS'S match length opinion. I don't know what timezone you're in, but here (Illinois) match started on Tuesday. Even if a week magically becomes 6 days I still made the time limit in spades.

pr1983
What's irritating is how quick the trigger was pulled based on SCOOBLESS'S match length opinion. I don't know what timezone you're in, but here (Illinois) match started on Tuesday. Even if a week magically becomes 6 days I still made the time limit in spades.

i've already said, if goober says to change it back, it'll be changed... simple as that...

Roldz
sorry wrong thread..

Badabing
Judge's Vote
I'll make this short and sweet. Joey Stacks made a good debate but he seemed to be trying to discount Scoobless' amalgam more than making his own case.

Scoobless did a better job backing up his claims with scans. He stayed the course with his plan. I thought Joey's scans (the scans that I was able to see) were more of a leap of faith regarding some of his claims.

My vote goes to Scoobless. He made a better case and had better support for his claims.

Scoobless

Galan007
Judges vote..

Alright, you all know I'm not one for writing an essay on why I picked who I did.... So here ya go. smile

Joey:
You seemed to waste most of your posts trying to discredit Scoobles character, rather then mounting a good strategy for yourself... I personally didn't see much from you that really stood out.. I'm not trying to be mean here, just fair.

Scoobles:
Your strategy was one of the best I've seen so far. Your posts were able to not only discredit Joey's discredits lol, but you were very methodical with your tactics, everything seemed to be well thought out and planned..

Because of this, my vote goes to Scoobles.

Good job to both of you. thumb up

Citizen V
JUDGE'S VOTE

Let's keep this short and sweet, I agree with both Galan and Badabing here; Stack's spent too long trying to prove Scoobless wrong, leaving his amalgam and tactic lacking. Whereas Scoobless (as usual) had a very clever and well though out strategy, he backed it up very well aswell.

This match dragged out wayyy too long, so yeah.. I might aswell finish it with this:

SCOOBLESS

DigiMark007
K, congrats to Scoob.

I'd ask pr or ill to unpin this now. Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.