Superman vs Thanos (feat war)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
Out of curiosity.

Thanos is accepted as having a much higher threat level than Superman.

However in terms of feats who has actually shown greater levels of speed, strength, energy projection etc while operating under his own power?

quanchi112
easy thanos. rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

panthergod
Featwise, strength and speed go to Superman.

Energy projection and durabililty go to Thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by panthergod
Featwise, strength and speed go to Superman.

Energy projection and durabililty go to Thanos.

Energy Projection I dont' know. Thanos doesn't have feats persay only Battle feats against Opponents. But sake of argument, Thanos has limitless supply or nearly according to Odin.

The one that is the kicker is Durability. Given Superman's rediculous history and DC's cock suckin of the S shield, I'd say Superman is equal to if not Thanos's better if You take both of thierbest Durability Feats.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Out of curiosity.

However in terms of feats who has actually shown greater levels of speed, strength, energy projection etc while operating under his own power?
Depends on what you're talking about. Supes has more in the way of sheer numbers due to his having more appearances than any other character in comics, but Thanos's high end feats are much more consistent than Supes which puts him at a significantly higher level IMO.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by darthgoober
Depends on what you're talking about. Supes has more in the way of sheer numbers due to his having more appearances than any other character in comics, but Thanos's high end feats are much more consistent than Supes which puts him at a significantly higher level IMO.

I don't mean numbers I mean if, for the sake of argument, we were to take just the highest showings from the two (PostCrisisSuperman of course) who would have the overall edge?

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't mean numbers I mean if, for the sake of argument, we were to take just the highest showings from the two (PostCrisisSuperman of course) who would have the overall edge?

Superman would. Speed Kills. He's more mobile and his showings on high end are as good or better thanos'. But If they had a fight, Supers would surely Lose. He isn't strong enough to just knock Thanos out. He couldn't even KO Diana with his strongest enraged blow. He for sure isn't going to knock out Thanos. And That would be all Thanos needed to sense Superman's connection to the sunlight. Solar Suck wrapped in k night and Hit with red sun light and it's the death of Superman part deux.

guy222
Out of curiosity.

thanos

batdude123
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman would. Speed Kills.
And once again... you think Kyle is over Superman, yet you think Superman takes 9/10 over Quasar and owns Thanos?

panthergod
Superman would. Speed Kills. He's more mobile and his showings on high end are as good or better thanos'.

Speaking as a person who is actually knowledgable about Superman-that's false.

Superman is not superior to Thanos. at his very best he can hang with him.

He's not superior in anything other than speed.

LOL. He already knocked her out with one punch and even shattered her bracelts in another instance again an alternate version.

Since he's never done any of those things, it's basically irrelevant. this'll be a slugfest/blasting fight, primarily, and against an all-out Darkseid stomping Superman Thanos takes 6-7/10 after a war.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by batdude123
And once again... you think Kyle is over Superman, yet you think Superman takes 9/10 over Quasar and owns Thanos?

Heh . . . someone managed to miss most of Nvr's post.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Speaking as a person who is actually knowledgable about Superman-that's false.

Superman is not superior to Thanos. at his very best he can hang with him.

He's not superior in anything other than speed.

LOL. He already knocked her out with one punch and even shattered her bracelts in another instance again an alternate version.

Since he's never done any of those things, it's basically irrelevant. this'll be a slugfest/blasting fight, primarily, and against an all-out Darkseid stomping Superman Thanos takes 6-7/10 after a war.

You using him breaking her bracelets in an alter time line as a feat? WTF. And I was talking about the instance where he was enraged and sun amped, and still didn't ko her. She blinked for less than a second. You are very confontational and don't bother to read. you just look for shit to disagree with. You suck.

batdude123
He couldn't even KO Diana with his strongest enraged blow.

Actually, she was indeed knocked the f*ck out. She was brought back from unconsciousness due to the heat of reentry.

darthgoober
Going by their highest showings, I think Thanos takes it. He's done things like take on Tyrant(yes there was a powerup involved, but since it was an energy source that Thanos planned to use to increase his strength and walked away with, I think it's logical that he's at least that powerful now), survive the wrath of Odin, nearly defeat Galactus in a telepathic battle, AND he defeated the Maker in a strait up fight(no tech or outside powerups involved).

quanchi112
Depends on what you're talking about. Supes has more in the way of sheer numbers due to his having more appearances than any other character in comics, but Thanos's high end feats are much more consistent than Supes which puts him at a significantly higher level IMO. thats what i said. darthgoober i applaud ur opinion. it is what i said basically to symmetric earlier. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Actually, she was indeed knocked the f*ck out. She was brought back from unconsciousness due to the heat of reentry.

If she was knocked out, Nothing should her brought her back anything. Especially A sun amped angry as hell with grief superman. AS I stated and I'll state it again. Superman couldn't KO diana as in you know down for the count, So he for sure as hell isn't KO ing Thanos. I stand by it and It won't change.

panthergod
You using him breaking her bracelets in an alter time line as a feat? WTF. And I was talking about the instance where he was enraged and sun amped, and still didn't ko her. She blinked for less than a second. You are very confontational and don't bother to read. you just look for shit to disagree with. You suck.

lmao, kid, she was knocked out and sent thousands of miles at FTL speed. It took the incredible heat of re-entry to wake her up from unconsiousness from his single punch.

Please, read the actual comics some time instead of relying on internet descriptions.

Symmetric Chaos
Going by there highest showings, I think Thanos takes it. He's done things like take on Tyrant(yes there was a powerup involved, but since it was an energy source that Thanos planned to increase his strength and walked away with, I think it's logical that he's at least that powerful now), survive the wrath of Odin, nearly defeat Galactus in a telepathic battle, AND he defeated the Maker in a strait up fight(no tech or outside powerups involved).

Tyrant I'll give you

Against Odin he was surviving nothing else. It really says very little except that he's a glutton for punishment and has good durability.

When had Galactus even used TP before?

When he fought the Maker he knew exactly how to attack her. And took her down with one move that was probably within the abilities of any good telepath.

nvrbeenwthagirl
lmao, kid, she was knocked out and sent thousands of miles at FTL speed. It took the incredible heat of re-entry to wake her up from unconsiousness from his single punch.

Please, read the actual comics some time instead of relying on internet descriptions.

Your talking to ww's biggest fan *****. I own EVERy comic she's appeared in. You silly twit. He didn't Kill her,and with a punch that strong, She should have awoken at all. Anyone else would have been killed or KO's for eternity.

panthergod
If she was knocked out, Nothing should her brought her back anything. Especially A sun amped angry as hell with grief superman. AS I stated and I'll state it again. Superman couldn't KO diana as in you know down for the count, So he for sure as hell isn't KO ing Thanos. I stand by it and It won't change.

She got woken up by the heat of reentry. which is like thousands of degrees due to friction.

Stop lying.

You didn't read the comic, yet again, so don't you dare try to act like you have a clue, kid.

Wonder Woman got knocked out with one punch by Superman.

You have no point here.

Next.

nvrbeenwthagirl
She got woken up by the heat of reentry. which is like thousands of degrees due to friction.

Stop lying.

You didn't read the comic, yet again, so don't you dare try to act like you have a clue, kid.

Wonder Woman got knocked out with one punch by Superman.

You have no point here.

Next.

You are an idiot that known no bounds. i have already given my summation. Your talking to one of th ebiggest WW fans on the board. I have the comic. Now kiss my ass while I take a dump. You shit starting lame. And the punch in question Was after several that she took. Also wasnt' he on the surface of the sun and angry? Um yeah. STFU.

panthergod
Your talking to ww's biggest fan *****.

That figures, ******.

lmao.

Except that she wouldn't have, if she hadn't been woken up by the incredible frction caused by entering earth's atmosphere at faster than light speeds.

Idiot.

Apparently not.

Fool.

quanchi112
superman could be one shotted by odin. surfer was dismissed like nothing against odin. most of us here know silver surfer could dismantle superman for the solid majority. thanos has hung with people superman would need to fight in the sun.

panthergod
You are an idiot that known no bounds.

You are a pathetically ignorant rabid fanboy who consistently lies and is proven wrong in every post you ever wrote.

You're an amusing clown, nothing more.

Which proves that you never read the comic, where Diana directly states that she was knocked out and was woken up by thousands of degrees of heat from re-entry at FTL speeds.

Keep that wonder woman fan shit the **** outta here, you degenerate freak of nature.

Says the resident Darkseid fetishist.

Tell me, you have fun wearing your Darksied skirt?

Actually, it was the very first punch of the fight. and no he wasn't on the sun, he was in space, near Venus, accorsing to the writer Rucka. the Sun, in case you were too stupid to realize, is pretty big whle in space near Venus.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You are a pathetically ignorant rabid fanboy who consistently lies and is proven wrong in every post you ever wrote.

You're an amusing clown, nothing more.

Which proves that you never read the comic, where Diana directly states that she was knocked out and was woken up by thousands of degrees of heat from re-entry at FTL speeds.

Keep that wonder woman fan shit the **** outta here, you degenerate freak of nature.

Says the resident Darkseid fetishist.

Tell me, you have fun wearing your Darksied skirt?

Actually, it was the very first punch of the fight. and no he wasn't on the sun, he was in space, near Venus, accorsing to the writer Rucka. the Sun, in case you were too stupid to realize, is pretty big whle in space near Venus.

Let me explain this,There once was a comic where Superman got stronger just being closer to the sun. I can't remember the details, but He pwned the league. So um yeah, he was close to the sun. That is a sun amp. Especially on Fukcing Venus. And I dont' give a damn what you say, Superman angry, and trying to kill someone, getting a sun amp, should have killed her, or knocked her out for ever. Reentry or Not. All that other shit you were spouting is just something that comes out of the toilet. Your mouth.

panthergod
Originally posted by nvrbeenarealman

Let me explain this,There once was a comic where Superman got stronger just being closer to the sun. I can't remember the details, but He pwned the league. So um yeah, he was close to the sun. That is a sun amp. Especially on Fukcing Venus.

More BS excuses from a known Superman hating Darkised worshipper.

You have me confused with your fantasies of your god Darkseid seeing as though you dream of burying your face under that leather skirt you love so much while wearing a Wonder Woman costume.

The facts are the facts, nvrbeenarealman. Superman knocked Diana the **** out with one punch,s ending her across planets at FTL speeds into the Earth, and Diana was then woken up by the heat of entering the Earth's atmosphere at those speeds.

It's clear that you never read the comic, a usual, so you can stop pretending like you know anything about these characters that you are so ignorant of.

quanchi112
Let me explain this,There once was a comic where Superman got stronger just being closer to the sun. I can't remember the details, but He pwned the league. So um yeah, he was close to the sun. That is a sun amp. Especially on Fukcing Venus.

You have me confused with your fantasies of your god Darkseid seeing as though you dream of burying your face under that leather skirt you love so much while wearing a Wonder Woman costume.

The facts are the facts, nvrbeenarealman. Superman knocked Diana the **** out with one punch,s ending her across planets at FTL speeds into the Earth, and Diana was then woken up by the heat of entering the Earth's atmosphere at those speeds.

It's clear that you never read the comic, a usual, so you can stop pretending like you know anything about these characters that you are so ignorant of. even without this comic taking place there is no way diana could even compete with superman. supes has her beaten badly in a fight.

batdude123
Nvr... she was knocked out. There's really no denying this. She even says as much, and she also said the heat of reentry woke her up from unconsciousness. You really do need to reread Sacrifice. You also thought WW broke his ribs during the fight. lmao

nvrbeenwthagirl

It's clear that you never read the comic, a usual, so you can stop pretending like you know anything about these characters that you are so ignorant of.

You ****ing idiot. I own the trade paper back becuz the store sold out of the orginal. And if you equate my sexual orientation to being a real man, then sadly you aren't one. It's sad that the pussy you dream about, I turn down daily and can have at any time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nvr... she was knocked out. There's really no denying this. She even says as much, and she also said the heat of reentry woke her up from unconsciousness. You really do need to reread Sacrifice. You also thought WW broke his ribs during the fight. lmao

I have the fight. and I took the crack sound of her hitting him in the ribs as a break. Or what ever the hell it was. I have the damned book. You know I'm not going to read a book a hundred times like some comic geek. And As I said, She blinked out for less than a second. Even you cannot deny that a sun amped crazy with grief superman would kill anyone else with the same punch. or they would be in a coma for ever. Period. Superman is NOT knocking Thanos out.

darthgoober
Tyrant I'll give you
Cool. That feat in and of itself says a lot considering the fact that Tyrant had just own a team of herald level characters.

Against Odin he was surviving nothing else. It really says very little except that he's a glutton for punishment and has good durability.
But even if you only take it as a showing of durability, it still says a lot in matchup with Supes. Think about it, Thanos survived Odin's best shots when Odin was in Asgard and was using Gunger(or whatever the Hell it's called). That easily puts his durability on par with Supes, and likely ahead of him in that category. That's not even counting his force fields(which are standard equipment for him) that can withstand a shot from Galactus.

And while I'm thinking that encounter(which I'd forgotten), Thanos energy blast was enough to send Galactus through the hull of his ship a good ways, and he even destroyed pieces of Big G's armor(a feat that almost NEVER happens). That puts his energy blast a good deal ahead of Supes as well.

He's got some showings here and there, but he doesn't normally need it. But it IS Galactus after all...

When he fought the Maker he knew exactly how to attack her. And took her down with one move that was probably within the abilities of any good telepath.
He may have finished her off with tp, but he had her on her knees helpless from energy blast as a set up. That was also a fight with NO tech involved, it was all purely his own power.

Tyrant
He's never had to really, since his TP defenses are high enough, to stop Mags, and Xavier from even getting his attention.

Same as when Xavier burnt himself out implanting memories into his head (Skrull memories, so you can bet a lot of fear went into his head), and Galactus didn't even acknowledge it, and I believe he then continued to eat the planet.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tyrant
He's never had to really, since his TP defenses are high enough, to stop Mags, and Xavier from even getting his attention.

Same as when Xavier burnt himself out implanting memories into his head (Skrull memories, so you can bet a lot of fear went into his head), and Galactus didn't even acknowledge it, and I believe he then continued to eat the planet.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.