(DoV) Spectre vs. (BCS) Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Day Of Vengeance Spectre

vs.

Black Celestial Saga Galactus

guy222
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Day Of Vengeance Spectre

vs.

Black Celestial Saga Galactus

spectre

starlock
I want to say spectre ...but since the stipulations are specific...i will think this over and get back

BobbyD
Spectre will smiteth Galactus so bad that Galactus will say "uncle".

laughing out loud

hush
Spectre stomps him. ps whos the Black Celestial?

King Kandy
Spectre actually loses this time... DoV Spectre had hard times with Skyfathers, wheras this Galactus absorbs universes.

guy222
Originally posted by hush

Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial

Superherovandal
You do know he transformed PS into a mouse with no problem at all. and he defeated Shazam pretty easily as well. and transformed a Captain Marvel powered by all the magicians into Billy and destroyed the Rock of Eternity, all without God's permission or a host.

King Kandy
He did not beat Shazam easily at all, it was a very intense battle.

Superherovandal
no he was absorbing every attack. and he himself said that Shazam's trinkets were merely distraction or something like that.

Merlyn
Isn't Galactus "weak" to magic?

BobbyD
^^^ Hmm, not sure.

In any event, I think we can all agree that if it's a direct order from You Know Who, Spectre clearly wins this.

Nikkolas
Spectre wasn't taking orders from You KNow Who in DoV. He was an insane force being controlled by a *****.

And a weak Galactus fought Aggomoto, one of the strongest MU mages in his own realm.

Tyrant
Originally posted by Merlyn
Isn't Galactus "weak" to magic? He doesn't understand it.
Not to say he's weak to magic though, since he stalemated the top (or one of them) magic user in Marvel.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Spectre wasn't taking orders from You KNow Who in DoV. He was an insane force being controlled by a *****.

And a weak Galactus fought Aggomoto, one of the strongest MU mages in his own realm.

Hmmm....think you just may have something there, Nikko. smile

Avalonofthewind
Spectre...at most Galan would hold it down for a while...like in the DOV arc..but Spectre will at some point tire and destroy him as he made it clear to Nabu.."It's doesn't matter how long it takes..as long as it gets done."

Kutulu
I'm going to go with BCS Galactus on this one. Not only did he absorb the power of a Celestial, he was able to easily kill the entire Celestial host with no problems. His very existing was threatening to the multiverse as he would have continued eating universes after that one was consumed.

DOV Spectre didn't have god's backing, so it's not going to be an instant defeat like it would be normally with Spectre against Galactus. While he did win against Shazam it wasn't an instant defeat; it took a while. This version of Galactus would destroy Shazam in a blink of an eye.

Kutulu
Originally posted by hush

I love how you answer without even knowing who the opponents are. Classic.
laughing

Here is a link which sums up the story:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/timebubblegalactus.htm

starlock
Man i am undecided...

I think what will sway me is spectre had to absorb magic and it was stated in desperation(or duress?) he needed to repower himself and galactus does not have the magic he needs....

I will go with Galactus for the majority

guy222
Originally posted by Kutulu
I'm going to go with BCS Galactus on this one. Not only did he absorb the power of a Celestial, he was able to easily kill the entire Celestial host with no problems. His very existing was threatening to the multiverse as he would have continued eating universes after that one was consumed.

DOV Spectre didn't have god's backing, so it's not going to be an instant defeat like it would be normally with Spectre against Galactus. While he did win against Shazam it wasn't an instant defeat; it took a while. This version of Galactus would destroy Shazam in a blink of an eye.

If he killed the host, why have the Celestials returned

If he consumed Tiamut, then why the fear when Tiamut awoke

Galactus isn't defeating the Spectre

Kutulu
Originally posted by guy222
If he killed the host, why have the Celestials returned

If he consumed Tiamut, then why the fear when Tiamut awoke

Galactus isn't defeating the Spectre

This wasn't 616 universe, it was an alternate universe.

In that universe, Tiamut was consumed as well as the entire celestial host destroyed. Given that one Celestial can slap around a skyfather, this version of Galactus destroyed and consumed every last one of them like it was nothing.

They clearly stated in the comic book that if he didn't die before the universe was consumed he would have begun on a multivesal rampage consuming universes.

batdude123
Spectre.

guy222
Originally posted by Kutulu
This wasn't 616 universe, it was an alternate universe.

In that universe, Tiamut was consumed as well as the entire celestial host destroyed. Given that one Celestial can slap around a skyfather, this version of Galactus destroyed and consumed every last one of them like it was nothing.

They clearly stated in the comic book that if he didn't die before the universe was consumed he would have begun on a multivesal rampage consuming universes.

I have the issues. Alternative futures always differ.

Reed and the UN

Galactus will never consume 616 Earth

Endless Mike
Originally posted by guy222
I have the issues. Alternative futures always differ.

Reed and the UN

Galactus will never consume 616 Earth

He did in "The Last Galactus story"

guy222
Originally posted by Endless Mike
He did in "The Last Galactus story"

Is it canon

I can post the scans where Doom destroys Galactus

kevdude
To be fair to Spectre he was having his powers drained away by Alex to power up his cannon. If he wasn't having his powers drained then he could easily take on big G.

Superherovandal
No he wasn't he used Black Adam's lightning in a purified form to power his tower. and Alex didn't have a cannon.

Nikkolas
My Spectre/Galactus thread rules.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.