Best Franchise of the 00's so far?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

exanda kane
Just the big and the brash. Beg your pardon if I missed something.

AstroFan
Pirates are the movies I have enjoyed the most, so that gets my vote.

jaden101
i prefered the matrix but wasnt the 1st one in 1999

AstroFan
Thats wht I was thinking, same with SW. lol

exanda kane
Yes, yes, the Phantom Menace and the first Matrix were from the 90's but might as well add them.

EDIT: I could also have added Batman Begins, seeing asthe Dark Knight is filming as of now, same for Narnia, but didn't.

AstroFan
I would of definatly voted for Batman. big grin

PONG_MASTER
All of a sudden I just felt a little disgusted that I've lived in the 00s.

FistOfThe North
I'd say "Marvel" comics movies, without a doubt. In film, this decade was the decade of comicbook movies.

sithsaber408
SW. cool

Mr Parker
I voted for Harry Potter.it is one of those few rare movie franchises where the sequals just keep better and better all the time.Lord of the rings would be second.we really cant say Batman yet since there has only been one movie of that franchise so far.needs to be at least a trilogy before it can be there.

LoneUnknown
I'm a big fan of the LOTR Trilogy... so LOTR.

AstroFan
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I'd say "Marvel" comics movies, without a doubt. In film, this decade was the decade of comicbook movies.

I dont know, a good chunk of those Marvel movies are crap. Since they put out movie for every character they can find.

exanda kane
My personal opinion is all for Lord of the Rings. Exceptional in my book. Pirates of the Carribbean is hugely enjoyable though.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by AstroFan
I dont know, a good chunk of those Marvel movies are crap. Since they put out movie for every character they can find.

they sure are.Fantastic 4 part two was pretty good though.surprising to me since the first one was so horrible.

FistOfThe North

'00 comic book movies have been 100 times better than anything in the '80's and 90's and '00 comic book movies have been more good than bad but good or bad, the Marvel franchise has been the most popular this decade, imo.

Mr Parker
your trying to be funny right Fist? laughing laughing superman 1 and 2 and conan the barbarian are by far 100 times better than any of the comicbook movies that have been made in the 00's except for Batman Begins of course.Its right up there with them.Astro fan knows what he is talking about.He hit the nail right on the head.

Solo
LOTR

exanda kane
'00 comic book movies have been 100 times better than anything in the '80's and 90's and '00 comic book movies have been more good than bad but good or bad, the Marvel franchise has been the most popular this decade, imo.

While I hate to drag this further into the world of Mr.Parker's hateful sermons on the Spiderman franchise, I really don't believe much of worth has come out of Marvel this decade, despite its huge output.

I'm glad that DC comics have revised their characters and made something solid such as Batman Begins (and Superman Returns in my sole opinion).

smoker4
I would of definatly voted for Batman. big grin

chillmeistergen
Lord of the rings, definitely. Fvck comic book movies.

ragesRemorse
I would have to say the most impressively ambitious and consistant is lord of the rings.

Harry potter would be next in its consistancy of delivering a decent translation of the books, as well as advancing the character development. It has also been interesting seeing the children grow into their own as actors. The first two movies showcased poor to better than average child acting. I believe the first two were saved by the directing, but the next three installments featured great improvements in the casts acting.

Lastely i would say the matrix was the most bold and original. Even though droves of people were dissapointed in the films sequal. You have to appreciate that the brothers told their story and not a story influenced by a studio.

exanda kane
I have never actually watched the sequels to the first Matrix properly, but it all looked a little silly. They did show that ol' Keanu has improved slightly since his Point Break days in the acting department though.

AstroFan

I dont know, I think DC is doing things right, they seem to be going with quality over quantity. Marvel just seems to push out every possible marketable name they can to make a buck.

Even the Spiderman movies which I liked went way down hill with #3. Other than the first 2 Spideys and the first 2 Xmen, Marvel movies havent been that great. Some can be enjoyable, but none are really special.

EDIT: Im talking recent, 2000's. Because I know DC movies, mainly the big 2 franchises went to hell in the 80s and 90s. roll eyes (sarcastic)

exanda kane
So, 30 years from now, the trilogy/franchise most remembered? Lord of the Rings?

Count Makashi
Star Wars PT for me, it was awesome. Yea, Exanda, i said it.

exanda kane
Fair enough, for you. Still a crap trilogy though.

Mr Parker
I dont know, I think DC is doing things right, they seem to be going with quality over quantity. Marvel just seems to push out every possible marketable name they can to make a buck.

Even the Spiderman movies which I liked went way down hill with #3. Other than the first 2 Spideys and the first 2 Xmen, Marvel movies havent been that great. Some can be enjoyable, but none are really special.

EDIT: Im talking recent, 2000's. Because I know DC movies, mainly the big 2 franchises went to hell in the 80s and 90s. roll eyes (sarcastic)

okay I'll give you that man-spidey 2 was decent,it had some pretty amazing special effects,but seriously,the third could not possibly be worse than the first one -which looked like it was written by a 5 year old. sick second one was written much better.I wont argue that one.Thats why I go easy on the second one,but come on, the first one? yuck. sick sick that one was a disgrace to the comicbook.thats why most spidey fans agree the second one was much better because the first was just plain dog doo. sick just like the third one I have heard is.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by exanda kane
While I hate to drag this further into the world of Mr.Parker's hateful sermons on the Spiderman franchise, I really don't believe much of worth has come out of Marvel this decade, despite its huge output.

I'm glad that DC comics have revised their characters and made something solid such as Batman Begins (and Superman Returns in my sole opinion).

Okay then lets go down my hateful sermons of those crapfest Burton/schumacher batman movies.LOL.Well Fantastic Four Rise of the silver surfer was done pretty well-which really surprised me since the first one was so god awful.I would have to say thats something marvel has to brag about. smile very loyal and faithful to the comicbook.

as far as D.C goes,I give them a hug for their great acheivement in erasing that crapfest horrible nightmare of a franchise,the Burton/Scumacher Batman movies.Batman Begins was very much a neccessary movie that HAD to be made because it is the ONLY loyal and faithful Batman movie thats been made so far that shouldnt be burned.Like I said,I am so glad that horrible nightmare vision of those Burton/schumacher batman movies are over with.Thanks to Batman Begins,it was all a bad dream. Happy Dance

Batman Begins if any comicbook movie ever needed to be made,is the one that absolutely HAD to be made to get it done right FINALLY.But Superman Returns,that movie should have stayed dead and never made it to filming.It does not have the magic or charm the first two had back in the early 80's and it was only done because of how successful batman begins was.it was totally unnessary for them to make ANOTHER Superman movie since superman unlike Batman already had two great comicbook movies made.Superman Returns is like king kong 2006 or the omen remake,a waste of a film and unnessary unlike the case of batman begins.Now they got to torture us some more and make Another superman returns sequal. mad god hollywood just does not know when to quit. mad

exanda kane
But like King Kong, Superman Returns is a good film, albeit unsung.

pinkfloydkor
no, superman returns was not good at all

i hated it

as well as i hated spiderman 3 and Xmen 3

i think the dark knight will be pretty good, but not as good as batman begins, that movie was just phenomenal

and mr.parker, i agree with you somewhat, but spidey 3 sucked HARD. waaaaay worse than spidey 1

and this is just me, but i hated the 4th HP movie, and the 3rd was okay. 1st 2 were just ok as well

so overall, i would go with LOTR as being remembered as the most popular and best in 30 years

followed by Pirates

Mr Parker
Dont know where you get that but I will concede that its at least not in the same catagory as those crapfest dog doo movies that the man-spider movies and the Schumacher/Burton batman movies are. That compared to those movies at least,its pretty good. big grin

exanda kane
Superman Returns was indeed, a well made film with an interesting story. You can say you didn't like it at the end of the day, but it's merits are obvious.

ragesRemorse
If we are talking which franchise will be remembered most in 30 years. Harry potter hands down. Lord of the rings was more of an un expected event that doesnt happen often in cinema to that degree of quality.

harry potter however, will be 7 films, showcasing a cast that many people have grown up with. Forgetting the grip that the books have on society, this aspect alone will make harry potter the most remembered.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by exanda kane
Superman Returns was indeed, a well made film with an interesting story. You can say you didn't like it at the end of the day, but it's merits are obvious.

I agree that the movie was very well done. I do however regret the recycled subject content that was chosen for the film. If quality is ever overshadowed by a failed opportunity Superman returns is a prime example. Had Singer told everyone we were going to see a remake, and not an advancement into the superman universe, the dissapointment would have been replaced by satisfaction.

Captain REX
Lord of the Rings, most definitely.

BlaxicanHydra
I was incredibly torn between the PT and Lotr, but I chose the PT via coin flip smile

Strangelove
Lord of the Rings

sithsaber408
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor

so overall, i would go with LOTR as being remembered as the most popular and best in 30 years

followed by Pirates Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If we are talking which franchise will be remembered most in 30 years. Harry potter hands down. Lord of the rings was more of an un expected event that doesnt happen often in cinema to that degree of quality.

harry potter however, will be 7 films, showcasing a cast that many people have grown up with. Forgetting the grip that the books have on society, this aspect alone will make harry potter the most remembered.

In 30 years only LOTR will be remembered much. (sorry Potter fans, they're really only good for 1 or 2 viewings in the cinemas. And Pirates... laughing out loud )

Starwars will be forever.

Let's wait and see what's still around and remembered as the best franchise of this decade in 60 years.... it will be the StarWars saga (of which the PT is a part) for sure. ninja

Wolfie
Matrix.

exanda kane
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

After seeing the Order of the Phoenix I am beginning to change to your meld of thought. Harry Potter, despite the first lukewarm efforts rightfully overshadowed by LOTR at the time, is really shifting up a few gears; two whole films still remain, that's alot of space for deliverance.

Peter Jackson's LOTR was a remarkable achievement, but with two more Harry Potter films to come, Harry and chums will outstrip competition. The Harry Potter films may end up in 30 years looking as remarkable as LOTR, if not more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.