What should my summer purchase be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da Rev
Usually, during the summer time, I like to treat myself to a little gift. Ever since I get the 10,000 bucks a year, I like to go all out for one thing during the summer. Last year, I got a 500 TV, which is beautiful. What should my next one be?

TRH
Video Camera

Darth Extecute
Voted "A nice Camera"..

Kram3r
Video camera.

Naz
nice camera

Da Rev
interesting hmm

Lana
DS Lite big grin

Bloigen
Video Camera.

Handheld consoles suck.

Tattoo
Originally posted by Da Rev
Usually, during the summer time, I like to treat myself to a little gift. Ever since I get the 10,000 bucks a year, I like to go all out for one thing during the summer. Last year, I got a 500 TV, which is beautiful. What should my next one be?

I would say Guitar Hero 2, but wait for Rock Band.

Da Rev
I have a video camera. A shitty one, but i have one.

Darth Extecute
Photos are worth more, most of the time.. And easier to deal with and look at than a video..

Da Rev
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
Photos are worth more, most of the time.. And easier to deal with and look at than a video.. True. But a good digital camera is somewhat out of my price range

Tattoo
Photos are worth more, most of the time.. And easier to deal with and look at than a video..

Most photos are forgotten over time unless you know a damn about good photography.

A video gives you something to remember people exactly as they were, how they looked, how they sound, how they act. A photo can only give you so much.

Not to mention with a good video camera you can make short films for fun.

Da Rev
Originally posted by Tattoo
Most photos are forgotten over time unless you know a damn about good photography.

A video gives you something to remember people exactly as they were, how they looked, how they sound, how they act. A photo can only give you so much.

Not to mention with a good video camera you can make short films for fun. All true. I have a decent video camera. I need to just trick it out, again. I've lost all the cables to hook it up to my TV/Computer and i've lost the software that came with it. I need to get all of that back, somehow.

Barker
DS + Pkmn. 131

Tattoo
Alex, if you buy Pokemon like Barker wants...I will smack you in the face with a tire iron repeatedly.

Da Rev
Originally posted by Barker
DS + Pkmn. 131 Pkmn = suXXorzOriginally posted by Tattoo
Alex, if you buy Pokemon like Barker wants...I will smack you in the face with a tire iron repeatedly. Valid point.

Lana
You could buy a DS and Guitar Hero 2 stick out tongue

Da Rev
Originally posted by Lana
You could buy a DS and Guitar Hero 2 stick out tongue hmm I like that idea.

I need GH2. I had it, and some drunken idiot messed it up. No, it wasn't me.

Barker
Alex, if you buy Pokemon like Barker wants...I will smack you in the face with a tire iron repeatedly.
haermm
Pkmn = suXXorz
I don't know any other DS games. no expression

Tattoo
Originally posted by Lana
You could buy a DS and Guitar Hero 2 stick out tongue

Wait for Rock Band, I'm telling you, it's going to rock so hard! I was watching it on the Microsoft Press Conference last night. 131

Röland
What about a whole entertainment system to go along with your TV?

Surround sound and such?

Da Rev
Wait for Rock Band, I'm telling you, it's going to rock so hard! I was watching it on the Microsoft Press Conference last night. 131 Ha. I just watched it for Halo 3 footage.

I've seen rock band stuff, though. Looks BAMF

Da Rev

Bloigen
Originally posted by Barker
haermm

I don't know any other DS games. no expression

Brain training. tongue_ss

Tattoo
Ha. I just watched it for Halo 3 footage.

I've seen rock band stuff, though. Looks BAMF

BAMF = Badass Mother****er?

The Halo footage was pretty good, but I'm more excited about Assasin's Creed, they just need to fix that whole techy looking character focus.

Röland
No, my TV is out in the living room of my apartment. Unless my roommates want to invest, they wont get the honor of me essentially buying them an entertainment system.

I see.

I'd say go for the video camera then.

Or like a pool table?

Da Rev
BAMF = Badass Mother****er?

The Halo footage was pretty good, but I'm more excited about Assasin's Creed, they just need to fix that whole techy looking character focus. The game looks sweet, its just not my type of game. I'm not a fan of the 3 person fighter games. FPS all the way for me.

Da Rev

Röland
Pool Table would be sweet. I have no place to put it, though. Plus I have friends that own a pool hall about a mile away from where I live.

Damnit. All my good ideas are sucking.

Do you and your roommates play poker?

I'm pretty sure you can buy your own poker table like the kind you see at Las Vegas or on the WSOP like I do.

But if that idea doesn't work out, then yeah, go for the video camera.

Da Rev

Tattoo
The game looks sweet, its just not my type of game. I'm not a fan of the 3 person fighter games. FPS all the way for me.

I'm the opposite, I'm not very good at FPS's.

Right now though, I'm going to be getting more for my Wii, just watched the Nintendo Press Conference.

Röland
Your ideas do indeed suck.

They love poker. I don't. So, no thanks.

I respect your honesty.

Darth Extecute
True. But a good digital camera is somewhat out of my price range Originally posted by Tattoo

Not to mention with a good video camera you can make short films for fun.

Well, a good camera can also record videos..

Tattoo
Well, a good camera can also record videos..

Yes, but not good videos. happy

Da Rev

Röland
I respect your trying to give me advice.

Just don't listen to Barker. Nobody likes Barker, Barker is an ahoo.....look at this. I like this!

Tattoo
So did I. That WiiFit thing was nuts. And that Wheel for the new Mario Kart. I wish i had my Wii back. We sold it due to my lack of funds and an upcoming rent check due. I respect your trying to give me advice.

Yeah, I'll definitely be getting WiiFit, that's ****ing awesome and it'll help me with staying interested in my work outs.

How about that Wii Zapper?

Darth Extecute
Yes, but not good videos. happy

Most of the time, not really.. But with the right kind of camera, they actually look pretty good.. Too bad those is way over what's an acceptable price sad

Da Rev
Yeah, I'll definitely be getting WiiFit, that's ****ing awesome and it'll help me with staying interested in my work outs.

How about that Wii Zapper? I nearly got an erection with the Zapper. That thing is so fricken bad ass.

Thank god for G4. Sony better bring the butter. Nintendo's press conference was sweet.

Back to the Microsoft Press conference. Resident Evil 5.

Tattoo
I nearly got an erection with the Zapper. That thing is so fricken bad ass.

Thank god for G4. Sony better bring the butter. Nintendo's press conference was sweet.

Back to the Microsoft Press conference. Resident Evil 5.

I was pissed off at G4 last night when they kept going to commercial and we'd miss out on so much stuff!

Today I'm watching them live online so I get everything.

Resident Evil 5. droolio Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for Wii. droolio

Da Rev
I was pissed off at G4 last night when they kept going to commercial and we'd miss out on so much stuff!

Today I'm watching them live online so I get everything.

Resident Evil 5. droolio Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for Wii. droolio Its almost too much droolio

RE 5 looked amazing.

Tattoo
Its almost too much droolio

RE 5 looked amazing.

30 minutes until Sony. w00t I don't even have a Sony console anymore but I'm still excited because competition drives the industry. I want Sony to have something kick ass so Microsoft will have to step up their game too.

Da Rev
30 minutes until Sony. w00t I don't even have a Sony console anymore but I'm still excited because competition drives the industry. I want Sony to have something kick ass so Microsoft will have to step up their game too. Agreed. Maybe Microsoft will come up with some sort of Hardware for the 360. Something newer. I'm thinking, motion sensor controller? No? Yeah, that probably wouldn't work. I would like something cool, though. Not just new face plates.

Tattoo
Agreed. Maybe Microsoft will come up with some sort of Hardware for the 360. Something newer. I'm thinking, motion sensor controller? No? Yeah, that probably wouldn't work. I would like something cool, though. Not just new face plates.

How about this one...for Halo and other FPS/3rd Person Shooters...light guns, and for Halo you can have dual light guns...droolio

Da Rev
How about this one...for Halo and other FPS/3rd Person Shooters...light guns, and for Halo you can have dual light guns...droolio That would be rock and rollage, right there.

I'm wondering what Sony is bringing to the table. Should be good stuff.

Tattoo
That would be rock and rollage, right there.

I'm wondering what Sony is bringing to the table. Should be good stuff.

We already know about the price drop...so they probably have something even bigger under the table since they released that big news already.

Maybe some more information on games which will use the new Eye Toy.

Da Rev
Lets hope they try to revolutionize their "Home" online multiplayer garb, to try to compete with Xbox Live.

Did you hear the rumors that they're making free gold memberships to live?

Tattoo
Lets hope they try to revolutionize their "Home" online multiplayer garb, to try to compete with Xbox Live.

Did you hear the rumors that they're making free gold memberships to live?

I'm not excited about Home, it's too gimmicky and looks like a knock off of The Sim's...but it's only a glorified menu.

No I hadn't heard that. It would be nice and save me money each month.

Da Rev
I'm not excited about Home, it's too gimmicky and looks like a knock off of The Sim's...but it's only a glorified menu.

No I hadn't heard that. It would be nice and save me money each month. Didn't the PS2 have some sort of online play? Am I pulling that out of my ass?

Yeah. Saving all that money could get me one tank of gas.

Tattoo
Didn't the PS2 have some sort of online play? Am I pulling that out of my ass?

Yeah. Saving all that money could get me one tank of gas.

PS2 did have online play, but it was a major pain in the ass.

Da Rev
PS2 did have online play, but it was a major pain in the ass. Yeah, thats what I heard.

I'm pretty pumped for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I like the COD games.

Pandemoniac
All depends on what you really like. Personally, I would invest in home-entertainment instead of hand-held consoles. Costs a bit more, but big screen, 3d sound, couch-comfort and just better games seem worth it.
Camera's are great too, but only if you really use em. Video-cams can be even better, but again only if you really find a use for one.

Tattoo
*goes off to watch Sony PC*

Da Rev
I missed it. I went out to eat. doh

Grinning Goku
I'd say a video cam or laptop (if you don't have one). Perhaps you can fix Betsy (your car) up; either three options would be great.

Da Rev
My car is lame, and I like it that way. I have a laptop/video cam.

Grinning Goku
What do you drive, Rev?

Da Rev
Mercury Mystique flex

Tattoo
I missed it. I went out to eat. doh

It sucked.

Grinning Goku
Mercury Mystique flex

What year and engine type?

Da Rev
1997. I believe its a v4

silver_tears
I have both a great digital camera and a great video camera, and to be honest I get more joy from the digital camera.

Da Rev
I don't really have a need for Video/Camera, except for naked pictures to send to random underage girls on myspace.

Ahem.

Honestly, though. I'm not much of a photographer.

haermm

silver_tears
Why don't you adopt an African village or something then? mhm

Da Rev
Originally posted by silver_tears
Why don't you adopt an African village or something then? mhm That sounds racist. mhm

LoneUnknown
I bought a digital camera thinking I would try my hand at photography but it went **** up. I use it all the time though to take photos of my friends and family and stuff. If you don't think you'll use it that much buy a DS Lite, Guitar Hero or maybe... a giant Pacman machine!

Da Rev
Shit, if I had that much room, I would buy a pinball machine. My friend is selling me a nearly new one for 150. Sunnuvabetch

LoneUnknown
laughing Pretty good deal, well depending on the condition. I used to play on a little handheld pinball game when I was a kid all the time... I was a lonely child.

Grinning Goku
I got a 98 Honda Legend, V6 engine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.