Sub-Mariner #3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rewmac
Sub-Mariner 03 - Namor versus Wolverine...

So who is interested in the outcome...

What do you guys think?

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/599/submariner233hm4.jpg

Tyrant
Namor either gets sold out, or he KO's that b*tch with no doubt left in people's minds.

jasonk3
I bet they wont even fight...covers are so damn misleading...

NiņoAraņa
that art makes me want to do evil things no expression

jasonk3

CasanoVa

Tyrant
Originally posted by jasonk3
like? blink Hand sex.

llagrok
I hope Namor beats Wolverine silly.

Wouldn't mind seeing Namor plow through the x-men.

jasonk3

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I hope they actually fight.

DigiMark007
Thumbnails.

no expression

Badabing
Originally posted by Tyrant
Namor either gets sold out, or he KO's that b*tch with no doubt left in people's minds. Agreed.

Estacado
Poser......313

Disappear
let's recap their more recent fights. in wolverine's civil war tie-in, namor won the fight. in the new invaders, wolverine won. apparently, the winner is the one the book's not based around. my hopes aren't too high for a righteous, atlantean beatdown.

Estacado
I really doubt that Namor would lose against Wolverine in his own book.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by jasonk3
like? blink Originally posted by CasanoVa
Please tell me you mean anything but masturbate? no expression. Originally posted by Tyrant
Hand sex. you guys are dirty as hell. no expression

i meant things like punching babies.

CasanoVa

Badabing
Originally posted by Estacado
Poser......313 durfist!

laughing

unknowable
One of my favorite characters of all time.

jinzin
you know it never ceases to amaze me how little respect Wolverine gets around here..

Namor beat him in Civil War? pshaaa! Yeah by cheating his ass off, Wolverine had him dead to rights in that fight, just like he did in the fight they had later in that comic, just like he did in New Invaders and just like he did in Global Jeopardy.. the only time Namor's faired decently against Wolverine is when he was being whacked out mind controlled and they stalemated eachother, AND EVEN THEN Namor admitted that if Logan wasn't being mind controlled he probably would have lost. erm

But the Wolverine can't win legit here?

bleh, my thoughts are basically, there will be no fight.
If there is, it will probably go in Namor's favor, because it's his own mini series, and it's a MINI series, he doesn't have a lot of comics to make him look good, only six, so he's gotta get with the atlantean ass kickings and fast too.
I don't really mind though, personally I think it's about damned time Namor DOES what DarkCrawler used to like to tell me he could do all the time and actually straight beat Wolverine for once. Then at least you Wolverine hate-mongering nuisances can have some validity in thinking Namor can beat him in a fight.

willRules
Originally posted by jinzin

That's right he can't, got a problem with that stick out tongue

Battlehammer
you know it never ceases to amaze me how little respect Wolverine gets around here..

Namor beat him in Civil War? pshaaa! Yeah by cheating his ass off, Wolverine had him dead to rights in that fight, just like he did in the fight they had later in that comic, just like he did in New Invaders and just like he did in Global Jeopardy.. the only time Namor's faired decently against Wolverine is when he was being whacked out mind controlled and they stalemated eachother, AND EVEN THEN Namor admitted that if Logan wasn't being mind controlled he probably would have lost. erm

If there is, it will probably go in Namor's favor, because it's his own mini series, and it's a MINI series, he doesn't have a lot of comics to make him look good, only six, so he's gotta get with the atlantean ass kickings and fast too.
I don't really mind though, personally I think it's about damned time Namor DOES what DarkCrawler used to like to tell me he could do all the time and actually straight beat Wolverine for once. Then at least you Wolverine hate-mongering nuisances can have some validity in thinking Namor can beat him in a fight.
cosigned

Though I seceritly hope Logan curf stomps him.

llagrok

Go cry emokid eek!

Namor one shots Wolverine.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by llagrok
Go cry emokid eek!

yes just like he been able to do in all ther eother fights.............oh wait your right he has never been able to one shot Logan..........

llagrok
Originally posted by Battlehammer
yes just like he been able to do in all ther eother fights.............oh wait your right he has never been able to one shot Logan..........

Sure he was.

Estacado
Namor won't lose to the likes of Wolverine in his own book......

llagrok
Namor won't loose to the likes of Wolverine in his own book......

This is Estacado.

He's buff.

He'll beat up any Wolvie fanboy.

Run fanboys!

Estacado
Can't wait to see Logan getting creamed by Hulk in Hulk - X-men 2...haermm

llagrok
Can't wait to see Logan getting creamed by Hulk in Hulk - X-men 2...haermm

That's it, you've crossed the line.

Namor's beating Wolverine, Hulk will lose!

Estacado
Nah this Hulk kicks ass....

You got The Darkness yet?sly

roughrider
I really doubt that Namor would lose against Wolverine in his own book.

Namor shouldn't lose to Logan period; unless he's jumped from behind.

llagrok
Nah this Hulk kicks ass....

You got The Darkness yet?sly

Check with the store today, apparently they've got it but they're not allowed to sell it until the 13th.

Estacado
Check with the store today, apparently they've got it but they're not allowed to sell it until the 13th.
The single player part is great the multiplayer is pretty good but most of the servers have huge lag problems.....

jinzin
Go cry emokid eek!

emo? pffft.. There's no crying there, just tellin it like it is.

And no Namor doesn't one shot Logan, he's tried, and failed, tried and failed, tried and well you get the picture.

jinzin
Namor won't lose to the likes of Wolverine in his own book......

basically what I'm thinking, not if he's gonna be taking the entire thunderbolt crew in the next issue that's for damned sure.

AcousticDoc

llagrok
emo? pffft.. There's no crying there, just tellin it like it is.

And no Namor doesn't one shot Logan, he's tried, and failed, tried and failed, tried and well you get the picture.

Wolverine can handle punches from Iron Man, Namor's taking care of business.

Battlehammer
Wolverine can handle punches from Iron Man, Namor's taking care of business.
what............how does wolverine handling punches from iron man mean Namor will beat wolverne...........

llagrok
Wow, I meant to write "Wolverine can't handle punches from Iron Fist" I was reading New Avengers while typing XD

Battlehammer
Wow, I meant to write "Wolverine can't handle punches from Iron Fist" I was reading New Avengers while typing XD
when has wolverine been unable to handle a punch from Iron Fist..........becuase I own all the new avenegers issue's and they have not fought.

llagrok
when has wolverine been unable to handle a punch from Iron Fist..........becuase I own all the new avenegers issue's and they have not fought.

I was reading about Iron Man while typing, I wasn't referring to an event from New Avengers.

Battlehammer
I was reading about Iron Man while typing, I wasn't referring to an event from New Avengers.

OK so you think Namor beats wolverine/ KO him in a single hit because IF can even though IF has never done it. Not to mention the fact Namor has had problems KO wolverine in every single encounter.........your arguement is kinda funny.

llagrok
OK so you think Namor beats wolverine/ KO him in a single hit because IF can even though IF has never done it. Not to mention the fact Namor has had problems KO wolverine in every single encounter.........your arguement is kinda funny.

I was referring to the skrull Iron Fist copy who had Wolverine bleeding, staggering and almost unconscious after one hit.

Disappear
in the civil war fight, logan put between six and nine claws into namor's torso he punched namor, kicked namor, and put all of his claws through his chest and upper back. namor punched him and kneed him. then, after logan would've had more than sufficient time to heal and with namor's pectorals significantly damaged, he took logan out in one hit.

that just sounds like he lost, to me. i mean, if injured he can knock logan out in one punch, he obviously wasn't going full steam while uninjured with his short barrage of hits earlier.

anyway, like i said, in their history the winner is the one who isn't a starring character in the title. invaders was relatively namor-heavy, especially compared to its wolverine appearances, and wolverine is logan's title book. so my hopes aren't up. i doubt that, in a non-partisan title with a non-partisan writer, logan would win because of oily claws; if at all.

strengthkills
I hope Namor beats Wolverine silly.

Wouldn't mind seeing Namor plow through the x-men. ^^Class A hypocrite

jinzin
Originally posted by Disappear
in the civil war fight, logan put between six and nine claws into namor's torso he punched namor, kicked namor, and put all of his claws through his chest and upper back. namor punched him and kneed him. then, after logan would've had more than sufficient time to heal and with namor's pectorals significantly damaged, he took logan out in one hit.
Wolverine didn't have his claws drawn until the last two hits through Namor's chest,
And you totally don't have any grasp on how Logan's healing factor works if you think the fact that he healed the physical damage caused by Nitro's blast, Janus' attack, and Namors' follow up attacks means that he was operating at a suffecient forum worthy 100% level. no expression

that just sounds like he lost, to me. i mean, if injured he can knock logan out in one punch, he obviously wasn't going full steam while uninjured with his short barrage of hits earlier.

Obviously my ass, he hit Logan from behind when Logan was in a HORRIBLE state to begin with, he got cheap shotted after having to regen 99% of his body mass simple as that. If Namor's Royal Guard hadn't been there to distract from Logan's attack, if Logan had followed up with that drop, Namor would be dead.

I hate how people try to convince themselves that he did it with "one punch" because it totally scews the perspective of the CONTEXT in which it happened. Read the issue before that, the Atlantean girl even comments how Logan doesn't look like he's in great shape while fighting Janus, and he admits that he isn't.

anyway, like i said, in their history the winner is the one who isn't a starring character in the title. invaders was relatively namor-heavy, especially compared to its wolverine appearances, and wolverine is logan's title book. so my hopes aren't up. i doubt that, in a non-partisan title with a non-partisan writer, logan would win because of oily claws; if at all. every encounter the two have had says different.

Wolverine2006
Wolverine has beaten Namor before...Wolverine is way more skilled and he is faster too. Namor doesn't hit as hard as Hulk and isnt as big as the Hulk either. All Wolverine really has to do is fight smart and counter attack. A hit to the head, throat or heart will take Namor out and Wolverine is one of the most accomplished fighters on Earth. Either that or too many body shots from Wolverine and Namor will bleed to death. But if the fights under water like it shows on the cover than Wolverine loses all his advantages and will probably drown.

ankur29
if you think about it sentry's strength must be way over namors, he practically took logan out in panels

jinzin
Logan just healed from having his throat buzzsawed while fighting three guys wearin suits designed to take down venom. erm.
Sentry also cheap shotted Wolverine.

Disappear
nothing's ever going to count as a legitimate win to you until someone says "logan, i'm going to punch you, get ready" just after logan had his breakfast and a good night's sleep, is it? i guess logan's throat being sawed open really changed the tensile strength of the tendons in his hand, meaning the move the sentry used to virtually paralyze logan with pain was a cheap shot, too.

the fact that logan is capable of healing from a skeleton is a good implication that he doesn't rely strictly on caloric factors for his energy; meaning he shouldn't be any worse for wear after regenerating an entire body from nothing than he would be with a spear through the gut. THAT'S how his healing factor works, according to the comics. whether he's sleepy or cranky when he comes back doesn't really make a huge difference for someone with virtually limitless endurance.

roughrider
Namor's enemy, Tiger Shark, nearly killed Logan by dragging him underwater and embedding his claws in a boulder. Logan would have drowned if Tiger Shark hadn't swum away.

What's to stop Namor from doing the same thing?
Oh, right...Marvel editorial. wink

Grimm22
Logan just healed from having his throat buzzsawed while fighting three guys wearin suits designed to take down venom. erm.
Sentry also cheap shotted Wolverine.

Not to mention weapons that were supposed to cut the Thing whistle

llagrok
Yeah, Wolverine attacked Sentry first but it was definitely a cheap shot!

Everyone automatically assumes that Namor was at full power when fighting Wolverine? lal

Battlehammer
I was referring to the skrull Iron Fist copy who had Wolverine bleeding, staggering and almost unconscious after one hit.
thats never happened..........Logan never foughten a skrull IF to my knowledge nor is that reasonable evidence since skrull's on average are many times stronger then any human with out chi amping.

Battlehammer
Yeah, Wolverine attacked Sentry first but it was definitely a cheap shot!

Everyone automatically assumes that Namor was at full power when fighting Wolverine? lal
he had just left the ocean............

as for sentry.....did you read the issue? Sentry hit wolverine from behind and Logan got back up and attacked sentry.

Symmetric Chaos

And you totally don't have any grasp on how Logan's healing factor works if you think the fact that he healed the physical damage caused by Nitro's blast, Janus' attack, and Namors' follow up attacks means that he was operating at a suffecient forum worthy 100% level. no expression

Nonetheless you will still claim that his HF will keep him in optimal physical condition in a fight no matter how long it lasts or what his opponent is capable of.

Tyrant
Sentry also cheap shotted Wolverine. How?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by roughrider
Namor's enemy, Tiger Shark, nearly killed Logan by dragging him underwater and embedding his claws in a boulder. Logan would have drowned if Tiger Shark hadn't swum away.

What's to stop Namor from doing the same thing?
Oh, right...Marvel editorial. wink
yet when tiger shark fought Logan out of water just like namor does he got curb stomp in like two pannels was it.

Symmetric Chaos
How?

His healing factor can remove accuracy from history in order to make Logan look more powerful.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Grimm22
Not to mention weapons that were supposed to cut the Thing whistle
.............what??

llagrok
he had just left the ocean............

as for sentry.....did you read the issue? Sentry hit wolverine from behind and Logan got back up and attacked sentry.

Really now? He hit Wolverine from behind? confused

I remember Wolverine trying to kick, then cut and Sentry grabbing a hold of his claws before bending them back. That and the comment "me and pain go way back"

Battlehammer

I remember Wolverine trying to kick, then cut and Sentry grabbing a hold of his claws before bending them back. That and the comment "me and pain go way back"
Sentry hits Logan from behind while Logan is fighting a groupd of shield agents. Then Logan gets back up attacks sentry and sentry hits logan again................what so hard to understand..........

llagrok
Sentry hits Logan from behind while Logan is fighting a groupd of shield agents. Then Logan gets back up attacks sentry and sentry hits logan again................what so hard to understand..........

Don't be rude you little dipshit.

I wasn't having a hard time understanding it, I was having a hard time remembering it.

Battlehammer
Don't be rude you little dipshit.

I wasn't having a hard time understanding it, I was having a hard time remembering it.
bite me your a little turd. I really could care less if I am rude to you. I find you annoying and useless.

llagrok
bite me your a little turd. I really could care less if I am rude to you. I find you annoying and useless.

Right back at ya fanboy.

Nothing's more useful than a Wolverine fanboy.

Battlehammer
Right back at ya fanboy.

Nothing's more useful than a Wolverine fanboy.
lol at least I know what I am talking about unlike some one I know roll eyes (sarcastic)

you still whining about the whole WWH thing.

llagrok
lol at least I know what I am talking about unlike some one I know roll eyes (sarcastic)

you still whining about the whole WWH thing.

Oh right, I forgot one move that the Sentry made, I have no f*cking idea what I'm talking about, because that one move made such a big difference.

You're right, we should support the jobbing. God knows you cry out your little fanboy heart whenever Wolverine gets his ass kicked. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything now that Jessica owned him hardcore.

Tyrant
Umm... Sentry only grabbed Wolverine by the neck, right after Wolverine completely ignored his orders, and then threw him.

grey fox

Eh dont feel so bad 'rok , all i can remember is Sentry grabbing Wolverines claws and throwing the little bastard out of a plane like the trash that he is.

Battlehammer
Oh right, I forgot one move that the Sentry made, I have no f*cking idea what I'm talking about, because that one move made such a big difference.

You're right, we should support the jobbing. God knows you cry out your little fanboy heart whenever Wolverine gets his ass kicked. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything now that Jessica owned him hardcore.
Oh I could careless about the sentry crap. You just seem to always be wrong.

I don't care what jessica did to him in new avenegers. I really don't care when wolverine gets beaten nor do I whine about it. It comics he bound to lose some and have low showings no use caring about them.

Not to mention he spank jess twice before that and she a skrull. There also no telling how powerful she gotten. Also every one elese was KO by the plane crash including Cage. That would mean Logan would have taken come serous damage prior to the fight.

not that it matters.

llagrok
Umm... Sentry only grabbed Wolverine by the neck, right after Wolverine completely ignored his orders, and then threw him.

Looks like Capt was wrong after all.

Gee what a shock roll eyes (sarcastic)

Battlehammer
Looks like Capt was wrong after all.

Gee what a shock roll eyes (sarcastic)
I said he hit him from behind which he did........how was I wrong?

Then Logan comments on how sentry hits like galactus.............so please I am beggign to see how I was proven wrong?

llagrok
I said he hit him from behind which he did........how was I wrong?

Then Logan comments on how sentry hits like galactus.............so please I am beggign to see how I was proven wrong?

Grabbing someone's the same as hitting them?

Battlehammer
Grabbing someone's the same as hitting them?
He slammed wolverine to the ground and Logan states that sentry hits like galactus..........so ya im gunna have to assume Logan was hit since well he went flying and even stated he was hit.

llagrok
He slammed wolverine to the ground and Logan states that sentry hits like galactus..........so ya im gunna have to assume Logan was hit since well he went flying and even stated he was hit.

Wolverine lost, time to let it go.

Battlehammer
Wolverine lost, time to let it go.
I love how wheny ou get proven wrong you try and change the subject and act like im complaining that wolverine lost. I don't care that wolverine lost im simply not allowing people such as your self to misrepersent what had occured which you often do.

Disappear
when was it confirmed jessica drew was a skrull, by the way?

and being able to get up after being hit by a super-strong character doesnt mean that character can't still beat him up. not every punch the sentry throws is at full strength. super-strong characters are capable of gauging their strength, and often do.

remember when this thread was about namor?

Battlehammer

and being able to get up after being hit by a super-strong character doesnt mean that character can't still beat him up. not every punch the sentry throws is at full strength. super-strong characters are capable of gauging their strength, and often do.

I think she a skrul, but we will all find out soon.

did I ever say sentry could not beat wolverine? I never argued that. I only commenting on other people post who have misrepersented the events they have brought forth.

Oh and by the way sentry states that he knows he can't kill wolverine so he has no need to hold back.

I know this threads about namor. Not my fault people misrepresent events that they present as evidence.

llagrok

Ever since Capt posted it has been about Wolverine, it's always about Wolverine after he posts.

And no, in Capt's world Sentry uses his full power ALL the time!

Battlehammer
Ever since Capt posted it has been about Wolverine, it's always about Wolverine after he posts.

And no, in Capt's world Sentry uses his full power ALL the time!
This whole thread is about wolverine vs namor.............

No it has nothing to do with me that people are tlaking about wolverine since well thats what the thread was made for..............

Oh and by the way stop attacking me and acting like you know what I am thinking.

sentry full powered in my opinion would kick the shit out of superman..........wolverine would last a second if he was lucky.

Disappear
it is your fault that you jump in like wolverine, a fictional character with no feelings, honor or sentience, needs some sort of defense against what you consider to be misrepresentation. we're all guilty of it, but it happens all the time, man. if someone says somebody oneshotted wolverine, and you then say they didn't, and they then say they did, it's a waste of time. let's all just move on. we all know logan's tough. case closed.

also, the iron fist copy wasn't a skrull. the doppleganger was a h'ylthri, a plant race from the same dimensional plane as k'un-l'un.

llagrok
it is your fault that you jump in like wolverine, a fictional character with no feelings, honor or sentience, needs some sort of defense against what you consider to be misrepresentation. we're all guilty of it, but it happens all the time, man. if someone says somebody oneshotted wolverine, and you then say they didn't, and they then say they did, it's a waste of time. let's all just move on. we all know logan's tough. case closed.

also, the iron fist copy wasn't a skrull. the doppleganger was a h'ylthri, a plant race from the same dimensional plane as k'un-l'un.

I see. The fact that it was a Skrull wasn't my main point though, but I assume that the h'ylthri doppelganger was/is tougher than the original Iron Fist?

Battlehammer
I really jsut wanna see this issue. what the titles and issue number. So I can looik it up and buy it.

Disappear
tough to say. they don't really have a big history of doing much in the marvel universe. apparently the h'ylthri have a natural level of super-strength, but who knows how that translates into a replica of a human?

"rand" "died" at the end of the power man and iron fist series back in 86. in 1990, when he "came back" it was revealed it'd been a h'ylthri doppelganger. don't know the issue numbers, but it'd probably be easy to find.

also, apparently the super-skrull was promenading at as iron fist for a while, while danny himself was in the h'ylthri world/dimension curing his cancer.

Battlehammer
wow lol.

llagrok
retcons galore

Battlehammer
ya lol

Disappear
indeed...

so anyway, namor, huh?

Battlehammer
I like IF though. New avengers roster was one I always wanted to see. Having IF, Wolverine, Spiderman and doctor strange all on one team.

Battlehammer
indeed...

so anyway, namor, huh?
dude you do know this is about wolverine and namor and what you think about the out come of there next fight. It not just about namor.

llagrok
Anyone surprised about namora defying Namor? I mean, her biggest fantasy was sleeping with him, she's messing up her chances!

Battlehammer
Anyone surprised about namora defying Namor? I mean, her biggest fantasy was sleeping with him, she's messing up her chances!
when was this? arnt they cousins and dident namora die lol?

llagrok
when was this? arnt they cousins and dident namora die lol?

I'm sorry, do I like you?

Find it out yourself.

Just kidding, it's in Agent of Atlas.

strengthkills
Anyone surprised about namora defying Namor? I mean, her biggest fantasy was sleeping with him, she's messing up her chances! He would know this......

strengthkills
I'm sorry, do I like you?

Find it out yourself.

Just kidding, it's in Agent of Atlas. nice edit smile

Disappear
alright, let me amend my statement.

indeed...

so anyway, namor and/or wolverine, huh?

ankur29
PREVIEWS NAMOR VS WOLVERINE VS VENOM:

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=10125

Disappear
looks to be a disappointing fight. wolverine threatening namor, namor hitting wolverine, an attempted resolve, wolverine hitting namor, namor hitting wolverine again, repeat.

srankmissingnin
Wow... those backgrounds are REALLY inconsistent. sad

llagrok
Wolverine punched Namor off the roof? pssssh

jinzin
laughing

Namor: "wait here I need to run aw-- er I mean jump in some water. If I don't you might kick my ass again...."

Wolverine: "Wait, won't that make you stro......oh hell...."

willRules
laughing

Namor: "wait here I need to run aw-- er I mean jump in some water. If I don't you might kick my ass again...."

Wolverine: "Wait, won't that make you stro......oh hell...."

laughing

It's funny because there was the implication Wolverine stood a chance against Namor no expression stick out tongue

Tyrant
Wolverine punched Namor off the roof? pssssh He sliced through Namor's body... and then punched him.

Wolverine looked hurt after two hits also. smile

jinzin
Originally posted by willRules
laughing

It's funny because there was the implication Wolverine stood a chance against Namor no expression stick out tongue

mad

outavodka
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wow... those backgrounds are REALLY inconsistent. sad The Namor fighting Wolverine is Skrull and the one with Charlie is real

but thats just my thought on it

Jack Harkness

I don't really mind though, personally I think it's about damned time Namor DOES what DarkCrawler used to like to tell me he could do all the time and actually straight beat Wolverine for once. Then at least you Wolverine hate-mongering nuisances can have some validity in thinking Namor can beat him in a fight. laughing

How the hell can a guy who knocks around Iron Man and Hulk lose to Logan. The brain of some people never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people can be.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Jack Harkness
laughing

How the hell can a guy who knocks around Iron Man and Hulk lose to Logan. The brain of some people never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people can be.

Because he lacks any sort of ranged option, the durability to turn Wolverine's claws, or a healing factor fast enough to compensate for the damage Wolverine doles out? He has to engage Wolverine in melee combat, he has no other options; and in melee combat he is outclassed. Wolverine is more dangerous to Namor then Namor is to him. He can potentially end the fight in one hit. A severed limb, decapitation, piercing of a major artery, opening a major blood vessel will end the fight in seconds... and thats only things that are immediately fatal. Namor needs to be on the defensive to avoid getting killed, and he also needs to try to mount some sort of offense. Wolverine has the skill, speed and reach advantage... to think that Namor is going to engage Wolverine in melee and not only win, but win the majority is ridiculous.

... and Hulk has smacked around Namor every time they have fought. He has even smacked around Namor and the Avengers in one go. The only time Namor holds his own is when they fight under water.

The real Captain Jack Harkness would already know all of this. smile

Tyrant
... and Hulk has smacked around Namor everytime they have fought. He has even smacked around Namor and the Avengers in one go. The only time Namor holds his own is when they fight under water. That was when Hulk was stronger, and mindless.

Otherwise, Namor has KO'ed Hulk three times, and Hulk hasn't beaten him once...

srankmissingnin
That was when Hulk was stronger, and mindless.

Otherwise, Namor has KO'ed Hulk three times, and Hulk hasn't beaten him once...

Haven't read the 1998 (or maybe 99?) Hulk/Namor annual I guess eh? Hulk kicks Namors ass... underwater no less. Every fight Hulk and Namor have had has started with Hulk laying an incredibly one sided beat down on Namor... and three times Namor has managed to drag the fight into the water and incapacitate the Hulk. He has never been a match for the Hulk.

And I'm pretty sure Hulk was weakened from his seperation from Banner when he was kicking the crap out of Namor and the Avengers at the same time... but I'd need to check to be sure.

llagrok
Haven't read the 1998 (or maybe 99?) Hulk/Namor annual I guess eh? Hulk kicks Namors ass... underwater no less. Every fight Hulk and Namor have had has started with Hulk laying an incredibly one sided beat down on Namor... and three times Namor has managed to drag the fight into the water and incapacitate the Hulk. He has never been a match for the Hulk.

So according to you, it's only fair to consider the fights where Namor is in an environment where his strength and durability is slowly diminishing?

Careful friend, your bias is showing smile

srankmissingnin
So according to you, it's only fair to consider the fights where Namor is in an environment where his strength and durability is slowly diminishing?

Careful friend, your bias is showing smile

Hulk can hold his breath for longer then most but he can't breathe under water. Namor can breath on land and in the sea. The one time Hulk could breathe underwater... he beat up Namor. Coincidence?

And How long to you think it takes for Namor to become dehydrated? Its not like his fights with the Hulk last more then a few minutes. You are under estimating Namor if you think he doesn't have the endurance to fight for a few minutes on land. His advantage underwater comes from a speed and maneuverability boost... and speed and maneuverability debuff on those he is fighting.

Tyrant

And I'm pretty sure Hulk was weakened from his seperation from Banner when he was kicking the crap out of Namor and the Avengers at the same time... but I'd need to check to be sure. That was Gravage.
Plus, he never really kicked his ass, unless you count blow for blow, and then him charging Namor into a ship as "ass kicking".
Or wait, am I thinking of another time?
I might be...

He has been a match for Hulk on land though. That's why the majority of their fights are stalemates.

Hulk isn't taking on Thor, Herc, Namor, Iron Man, Wonder Man, etc, while in a weakened state, I'm afraid...

srankmissingnin
That was Gravage.
Plus, he never really kicked his ass, unless you count blow for blow, and then him charging Namor into a ship as "ass kicking".
Or wait, am I thinking of another time?
I might be...

He has been a match for Hulk on land though. That's why the majority of their fights are stalemates.

Hulk isn't taking on Thor, Herc, Namor, Iron Man, Wonder Man, etc, while in a weakened state, I'm afraid...

The only time Namor proved to be anything even resembling a "match" for Hulk on land was when Hulk was possesed... and even then Banner was fighting for control and I think Strange was involved. Most everything else has been a pretty one sided ass kicking. The majority of their fights are stalemates because the majority of all hero fights start from a misconception and end before a winner can be decided.

Tyrant
The only time Namor proved to be anything even resembling a "match" for Hulk on land was when Hulk was possesed... and even then Banner was fighting for control and I think Strange was involved, most everything else has been a pretty one sided ass kicking. The only times Namor hasn't been a match on land, was when Hulk was in Mindless state, and in the Order 4 (and anytime when Surfer's involved, since Surfer gets downplayed in fights with others against Hulk), I'm afraid.

Other than those, I haven't really saw Namor not hold his own.

srankmissingnin
The only times Namor hasn't been a match on land, was when Hulk was in Mindless state, and in the Order 4 (and anytime when Surfer's involved, since Surfer gets downplayed in fights with others against Hulk), I'm afraid.

Other than those, I haven't really saw Namor not hold his own.

And in Avengers 3, and in Tales to Astonish 100. confused

In all the really fights they've had, Hulk has dominated on land.

Tyrant
And in Avengers 3, and in Tales to Astonish 100. confused

In all the really fights they've had, Hulk has dominated on land. The first two fights?
Also, forgot about Avengers 3, was just thinking about how that one ended...
So, that's three.

The only thing Hulk really did in Tales to Astonish was throw Namor when they were on land...
That's not dominating.

Disappear
From DC's newest herochat Namor Respect Thread:
------------------------------------------
Track Record against Hulk

Wins: 2
Losses: 0
Stalemates: 15

The thread's here: http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,144124.0.html

judge for yourselves

jinzin
Originally posted by Jack Harkness
laughing

Like yours for instance?

You ARE aware that Wolverine Tangos with Hulk on a semi regular basis right?

If It wasn't for IM's range Wolvie may very well beat him as well... He's had him dead to rights in Civil War, Black Panther, AND The Infinity War....

So while you sit there and laugh, your comparisons are HORRIBLE.

jinzin
From DC's newest herochat Namor Respect Thread:
Track Record against Hulk

Wins: 2
Losses: 0
Stalemates: 15

The thread's here: http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,144124.0.html

judge for yourselves

Judgement: Namor's a badass.

Martian_mind
Well....Wolverine could NEVER beat Marian Manhunter....I don't say Superman only because he could maybe pull it off under a Red sun...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.