Metallica singer stopped at airport for 'Taliban' beard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crimson Phoenix
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/45044107

Metallica frontman James Hetfield was stopped by security officials at London's Luton Airport for allegedly having a "Taliban-like" beard.

The band was on its way to perform at Live Earth on Saturday (July 7).

Hetfield was briefly questioned by airport officials until they realised who he was. No explanation was given for why he was stopped, but his bandmates speculated that it was due to his beard.

Meanwhile, Metallica's new album is due out in early 2008, with bassist Robertt Trujillo telling Blabbermouth: "There's a lot of everything, man. There's speed on this. There's a couple of tracks where you're gonna go, 'Wow!' and I know you're gonna like it because it has the flavor of the old. But it has this kind of groove and power behind it that I think is us today."

This whole airport security is getting so stupid, and somewhat scary. I'm going to be in luton airport at the end of this month, and i'm afraid of someone stopping me because of my taliban like skin sad

botankus
I stopped listening after the Black Album. Do they still make lethargic, 3 mph gems like Sad But True?

Secretus
I stopped after And Justice .. Blah, they should have arrested him for making bad music.

exanda kane
I suspect they stopped them because they're crap.

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by exanda kane
I suspect they stopped them because they're crap.

laughing

I can just see it: "Excuse me sir, I'm going to have to stop and search you because you're crap"

Schecter
they should send him and hetfiled to guantonimo as suspected pussies

Schecter
oops, i mean him and lars.

Darth Extecute
So Metallica isn't coming to sweden? oh Not that I'm going anyway stick out tongue

Strangelove
Umm...that's kind of like racial profiling....

smoker4
Thats kind of ironic cause Hetfield is a complete racist, so lolz at your jihad you cockstain Hetfield

WrathfulDwarf
I find it rather odd that this would happen to Metallica...out of the people travelling to the UK.

publicity stunt

Fishy
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I find it rather odd that this would happen to Metallica...out of the people travelling to the UK.

publicity stunt

Probably, can't hurt now that they have a new album on the way. Guess they figured just preforming at live earth alone wasn't enough publicity.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by smoker4
Thats kind of ironic cause Hetfield is a complete racist, so lolz at your jihad you cockstain Hetfield

+1 point for Hetfield and his shitty band.

dadudemon
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
+1 point for Hetfield and his shitty band.

"Sad but true."

chillmeistergen
Shame he wasn't shot on sight.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/45044107

Metallica frontman James Hetfield was stopped by security officials at London's Luton Airport for allegedly having a "Taliban-like" beard.

The band was on its way to perform at Live Earth on Saturday (July 7).

Hetfield was briefly questioned by airport officials until they realised who he was. No explanation was given for why he was stopped, but his bandmates speculated that it was due to his beard.

Meanwhile, Metallica's new album is due out in early 2008, with bassist Robertt Trujillo telling Blabbermouth: "There's a lot of everything, man. There's speed on this. There's a couple of tracks where you're gonna go, 'Wow!' and I know you're gonna like it because it has the flavor of the old. But it has this kind of groove and power behind it that I think is us today."

This whole airport security is getting so stupid, and somewhat scary. I'm going to be in luton airport at the end of this month, and i'm afraid of someone stopping me because of my taliban like skin sad

Its a crying same that they didnt accidently shoot him. Metallica's music has become a terroristic threat upon music

Violent2Dope
Metallica used to be good but they just got, old. Oh, and chillmeistergen, is it really necessary for him to be shit just because you dislike his music?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Fishy
Probably, can't hurt now that they have a new album on the way. Guess they figured just preforming at live earth alone wasn't enough publicity.

I really don't follow Metallica since 1992. I'm more of a Megadeth listener.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Metallica used to be good but they just got, old. Oh, and chillmeistergen, is it really necessary for him to be shit just because you dislike his music?

Yes.

botankus
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I really don't follow Metallica since 1992. I'm more of a Megadeth listener.

Same here. Part of your sig is a Fear Factory slogan.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yes. That's stupid. I thought you were better than that. Wishing death on someone because you don't like his music is ignorant. I don't like 50 Cent(matter of fact I absolutely detest him) but I don't want him dead for that.

Fishy
That's stupid. I thought you were better than that. Wishing death on someone because you don't like his music is ignorant. I don't like 50 Cent(matter of fact I absolutely detest him) but I don't want him dead for that.

Sure you do, you are just not able to admit it yet.

exanda kane
That's stupid. I thought you were better than that. Wishing death on someone because you don't like his music is ignorant. I don't like 50 Cent(matter of fact I absolutely detest him) but I don't want him dead for that.

As stupid as taking his bait? wink

chillmeistergen

Originally posted by exanda kane
As stupid as taking his bait? wink

That pretty much sums it up, just replace 'his' with 'my'.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
That pretty much sums it up, just replace 'his' with 'my'. eek!

inimalist
So what, the only thing people get stopped for is being a terrorist?

not possible that he fit a description of a suspect they might have been looking for, or that they might have been looking for drugs. Clearly any time security is involved at an airport they are wrong and racist roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fishy
Originally posted by inimalist
So what, the only thing people get stopped for is being a terrorist?

not possible that he fit a description of a suspect they might have been looking for, or that they might have been looking for drugs. Clearly any time security is involved at an airport they are wrong and racist roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well of course, something else wouldn't get any publicity.

Czarina_Czarina
my favorite song, mostly b/c of the lyrics moreso then the sound. i'm not a matallica fan, i just like this one song (esp. for the ego-lobbies, they know who they are):

New blood joins this earth
And quickly he's subdued
Through constant pained disgrace
The young boy learns their rules

With time the child draws in
This whipping boy done wrong
Deprived of all his thoughts
The young man strugggles on and on he's known
A vow unto his own
That never from this day
His will they'll take away
Chorus

What i've felt
What i've known
Never shined through in what i've shown
Never be
Never see
Won't see what might have been
What i've felt
What i've known
Never shined through in what i've shown
Never free
Never me
So i dub (edit) you UNFORGIVEN

They dedicate their lives
To running all of his
He tries to please then all
This bitter man he is
Throughout his life the same
He's battled constantly
This fight he cannot win
A tired man they see no longer cares
The old man then prepares
To die regretfully
That old man here is me
Chorus

You labeled me
I'll label you
So i dub (edit) you UNFORGIVEN

Bicnarok
Every time I go to the UK I get searched and questioned, one time I was very dark with a mega sun tan from working abroad and one cop said "The queue over there is for non Europeans and Indians"

a compliment to my tan but also annoying.

chillmeistergen
You should have complained. Where was it? Heathrow?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.