Vivaldi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cyber tuff guy!
Anyone else enjoy Baroque music?

Bardock42
Whirly does.

cyber tuff guy!
Originally posted by Bardock42
Whirly does.

Really? Where is he?

PONG_MASTER
I really enjoy the music I hear from the Baroque era. I haven't listened to a lot of Antonio Vivaldi, but what I've heard I love. Recently, I've been endulging in Jean-Philippe Rameau and Domenico Scarlatti. I believe I favor the Romantic era though. Don't get me wrong - Baroque is great and I can and will listen to it, but I don't know. The Romantic era is a lot more appealing to me. I've grown up around my family's grand piano, and over the years it's become an instrument that I have a true fascination with sometimes - With how much sound and music one person can make with the two hands and ten fingers they're given.

Yeah.

cyber tuff guy!
Originally posted by PONG_MASTER
I really enjoy the music I hear from the Baroque era. I haven't listened to a lot of Antonio Vivaldi, but what I've heard I love. Recently, I've been endulging in Jean-Philippe Rameau and Domenico Scarlatti. I believe I favor the Romantic era though. Don't get me wrong - Baroque is great and I can and will listen to it, but I don't know. The Romantic era is a lot more appealing to me. I've grown up around my family's grand piano, and over the years it's become an instrument that I have a true fascination with sometimes - With how much sound and music one person can make with the two hands and ten fingers they're given.

Yeah.

I like Rachmaninoff, who I find very accesible, Elgar and Dvorak most as far as Romantic Compsers go. I have to agree ameau and Scarlatti are both excellent. I am so into Baroque at the moment though. I also love French avant garde choral stuff at present. I go through phases though. Some contemporarystuff is great, like Jenkins.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by cyber tuff guy!
Anyone else enjoy Baroque music?

Some of my favorite composers:

Tomaso Albinoni
Jean-Baptiste Lully
J.S. Bach (of course)
Giuseppe Tartini
Heinrich Ignaz Von-Biber
Arcangelo Corelli

The Baroque era, in my humble opinion, is the most beautiful and wonderful era in music history.

cyber tuff guy!
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Some of my favorite composers:

Tomaso Albinoni
Jean-Baptiste Lully
J.S. Bach (of course)
Giuseppe Tartini
Heinrich Ignaz Von-Biber
Arcangelo Corelli

The Baroque era, in my humble opinion, is the most beautifull and wonder era in music history.

Corelli is awesome.

2D_MASTER
Corelli is awesome.

Hahah sounds lame but I plan to name my first born son Archangelo. laughing out loud

cyber tuff guy!
Hahah sounds lame but I plan to name my first born son Archangelo. laughing out loud

Doesn't sound lame at all.

2D_MASTER
Doesn't sound lame at all.

Speaking of Vivaldi, my favorite piece by him is his variation on Corelli's "Violin Sonata in D Minor (La Folia". That piece simply makes my hairs stand up on end.

cyber tuff guy!
Speaking of Vivaldi, my favorite piece by him is his variation on Corelli's "Violin Sonata in D Minor (La Folia". That piece simply makes my hairs stand up on end.

Good choice, I prefer Concerto for strings in G "Alla Rustica", but it's all personal preference, all his music is great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.