Death of the New Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathstroke
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=120379

Jim Starlin is good at cosmic stories, but this makes me sad. I hope they bring them back at some point. Well, I hope they bring Darkseid back at some point.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3863/deangcv1ml1.jpg

llagrok
Man is Nvr going to cry his heart out.

jumpmann
they all look so gay lol

Validus
I hope they die in embarrassing fashion.

NRAMA: If the end is nigh for the New Gods, where do Darkseid and Apokolips weigh in? Or are they in danger as well?

JS: I'm not sure why folks keep asking me questions like this. The name of the series is The Death of the New Gods, not The Death of Some of the New Gods.

Sounds like a nice guy....

llagrok
Originally posted by Validus
I hope they die in embarrassing fashion.

When you look at how they're dressed, an embarrassing death is inevitable.

WrathfulDwarf
After this event...I officially drop DC comics.

It's gone way too far...bringing back the New Gods just to kill them.

This is just plain disrespectful to the memory of Jack Kirby.

Validus
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
After this event...I officially drop DC comics.

It's gone way too far...bringing back the New Gods just to kill them.

This is just plain disrespectful to the memory of Jack Kirby.
Personally I like the way Starlin put it.

JS: Dan's the boss. Myself, I sort of think of this project as putting an ending to Jack's New Gods' saga. Since Kirby's initial run on the characters others have presented them with mixed results. Looking back I'd say at least half of the past New Gods series have done more harm than good. So for me, Death of the New Gods is half honoring Jack Kirby, half mercy killing.

Simonson's Orion series was the only good thing to come from the New Gods camp since Kirby wrote it himself. Quite frankly, I'd rather they go out in style rather than keep them around just so we can have our semi annual Superman/Orion fight.

Only problem I see is DC's contiuned stance that the only thing to do with stale characters is to kill them off or replace them with new and rather uninteresting characters.

Mider999
maybe what you say about there cloths is an embarresment on this board its not any better or worse then what they have worn all these years or better or worse then what anyone else in comics wears anyway what kinda marking ploy is DC up to lets kill everyone who's been in comics for the last few years and the people will be happy? Is this some kinda responce to how marvel killed captain america

WrathfulDwarf
Personally I like the way Starlin put it.

JS: Dan's the boss. Myself, I sort of think of this project as putting an ending to Jack's New Gods' saga. Since Kirby's initial run on the characters others have presented them with mixed results. Looking back I'd say at least half of the past New Gods series have done more harm than good. So for me, Death of the New Gods is half honoring Jack Kirby, half mercy killing.

Simonson's Orion series was the only good thing to come from the New Gods camp since Kirby wrote it himself. Quite frankly, I'd rather they go out in style rather than keep them around just so we can have our semi annual Superman/Orion fight.

Only problem I see is DC's contiuned stance that the only thing to do with stale characters is to kill them off or replace them with new and rather uninteresting characters.

But killing them is not the answer. Putting the characters on exile till a good writer comes along works fine. It's stupid gimmick to kill characters and it's wearing very thin. It's clearly that killing character and to bring them back is becoming the rule nowadays.

Truth be told the characters do belong to DC. They can do whatever they want. That doesn't mean WE fans don't have to accept it.

This is bad decision and it stinks to high heaven. No matter how honorable both Dan and Starlin want to ice the cake. It's just lame. Even if they're trying to reboot the Universe...it really looks severely flawed. Things were looking REALLY good with the Sinestro Corps. Now this announcement is like an off switch.

Now don't think I'm closing my thoughts. I'm riding this all the way to the end. However, depending on the story it maybe my last ride for good.

Juntai
Why get worked up about it? They'll be back, just like everyone else.

Validus
I'm not the type that thinks killing is the answer either so don't get wrong on that. Still, even Kirby never intended for the New Gods to be around forever. He was going to kill them himself had DC not told him no so I just don't think it's spitting on Jack's memory or anything like that.

Superherovandal
I hope to GOD ALMIGHTY that this is not what countdown is leading up to. Didio i hate you. I hate you.

TricksterPriest

Endless Mike
The Source is someone's father? WTF?

jumpmann
If they don't kill off the New Gods I'm dropping DC.

Validus
As if any of you are actually dropping DC. Drama queens. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superherovandal
seriously all was well in DC with the euphoria of the Sinestro Corps and they ruin it.

Superherovandal
As if any of you are actually dropping DC. Drama queens. roll eyes (sarcastic) I can't drop it. i only read it online. but i can stop reading it. but i highly doubt that would happen.

jumpmann
I might if the next All-Star Batman and Robin turns out bad. I haven't heard anything about it but its got Frank Millar and Jim Lee so I'm sure it's the greatest comic of all time. Hope I'm not disappointed.

tjcoady
if I had a dollar for every time I've hear/read someone say "if marvel/dc does this, I'm dropping them"....

well, I'd have a lot of dollars.

Rorschach

Badabing

Evil_Ash
dur

tjcoady
plus:

NRAMA: Got it. Finally, then, will this project lead to a re-iteration of the New Gods in the foreseeable future? Or do you think it is time to close the final chapter on an old idea and try a new concept?

JS: DC owns the rights to the character's names. There's some great names there. What do you think?

Badabing
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
dur eek! Happy Dance

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by tjcoady
if I had a dollar for every time I've hear/read someone say "if marvel/dc does this, I'm dropping them"....

well, I'd have a lot of dollars.

Well, you won't get a dollar for me. I had NO problems dropping Marvel Comics books back in 1995 and dropping DC is not a challenge either.

tjcoady
Well, you won't get a dollar for me. I had NO problems dropping Marvel Comics books back in 1995 and dropping DC is not a challenge either.

dropping Marvel in 1995 was probably a good call. that's when I stopped reading comics originally.

Validus
Isn't that when Marvel went bankrupt?! stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
dropping Marvel in 1995 was probably a good call. that's when I stopped reading comics originally.

Thinking back...it was more of a hiatus...I did picked up the New Daredevil series of the late 90's.

Then I drop them back when Punisher was ressurected only to be an angel weapon with that awful symbol in the forehead....yuck!

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Deathstroke
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3863/deangcv1ml1.jpg

Why is Thanos in the background? ermmgay

Validus
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Why is Thanos in the background? ermmgay
Because your man love for Thanos is so strong, you see his image when you look at Darkseid.

Evil_Ash
Because your man love for Thanos is so strong, you see his image when you look at Darkseid.

zoolander

Martian_mind
NO,NOT BIG BEAR!!!

WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT DS OR ORION,SCREW SCOTT FREE,BUT LEAVE BIG BEAR ALONE!!

Symmetric Chaos
I figure if they make a series called "Death of the New Gods" at the very least (especially with Starlin writing) they're going to look completely awesome on the way out.

Validus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I figure if they make a series called "Death of the New Gods" at the very least (especially with Starlin writing) they're going to look completely awesome on the way out.
Cosmic Odyssey was awful but I'll still give Starlin the benefit of doubt.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The New Gods need to be reinvisioned and come back with cooler costumes, better powers, and better stories. better to kill them off and bring them back as one of the premier forces in the universe. I give DC a year to bring them back. If they dont, I'll go back to reading marvel. which was my first comic company anyway. I left marvel after they started ****ing with the avengers and the xmen. I may have to leave comics altogether if the companies don't get thier acts together. i can just be a game head again.

batdude123
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The New Gods need to be reinvisioned and come back with cooler costumes, better powers

What the f**k?

What the f*ck more do you want from them? They're powerful enough. Besides, who cares about power? Someone can be the most powerful guy in comics, but if his character sucks and is boring, nobody is going to want to read his titles.

draxx_tOfU
i can just give head again.

huh

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by batdude123
What the f**k?

What the f*ck more do you want from them? They're powerful enough. Besides, who cares about power? Someone can be the most powerful guy in comics, but if his character sucks and is boring, nobody is going to want to read his titles.

You think Bernadeth and that chick on the skates have cool powers? OMG. The forever people just suck suck suk. Thier costumes and powers. Cosmic Cartriges? LMAO. Those are the guys that need better powers. Not more Power. Better powers. I'd rather someone with half a brain like Mark Waid write the new Gods. Jim Starlin ****ed up cosmic oddessy and probably will **** up the death of the New Gods.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
huh

Reported for sexual harrasment.

Martian_mind
What the f**k?

Way too easy.....

batdude123
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Way too easy.....

???

Yeah, I know. Your mom is pretty easy.

batdude123
You think Bernadeth and that chick on the skates have cool powers? OMG. The forever people just suck suck suk. Thier costumes and powers. Cosmic Cartriges? LMAO. Those are the guys that need better powers. Not more Power. Better powers. I'd rather someone with half a brain like Mark Waid write the new Gods. Jim Starlin ****ed up cosmic oddessy and probably will **** up the death of the New Gods.

Just as long as the story is great...

Martian_mind
???

Yeah, I know. Your mom is pretty easy.

I should quote the joke bombing thing you did in the smizache thread,but i can't be assed.

SpunkySmurph
???

Yeah, I know. Your mom is pretty easy. Unless you just referred to yourself as his mom, your joke has no correlation, and therefore fails.

batdude123
I should quote the joke bombing thing you did in the smizache thread,but i can't be assed.

I think the fact that you lost to TricksterPriest in the tourny is insult enough. crylaugh

Martian_mind
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Unless you just referred to yourself as his mom, your joke has no correlation, and therefore fails.

So it's nothing new erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
I think the fact that you lost to TricksterPriest in the tourny is insult enough. crylaugh

trickster seemed to be on his game. Why is it an insult for someone to just improve. No insult to MM.

Martian_mind

Is that all you can come up with?

very disappointed,not surprised,but disappointed.

SpunkySmurph
I think the fact that you lost to TricksterPriest in the tourny is insult enough. crylaugh Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
your joke has no correlation, and therefore fails.

So it's nothing new erm Apparently not. ermmnone

Validus
Damn, that was cold blooded.

Martian_mind
Damn, that was cold blooded.

meh,twas dealt with.

batdude123
Is that all you can come up with?

very disappointed,not surprised,but disappointed.

Yeah, yeah... go ahead and play it off like that didn't sting, b*tch. 313

batdude123
meh,twas dealt with.
laughing out loud @ your definition of "dealt with."

SpunkySmurph
meh,twas dealt with. So, moving on past Batdude's embarrassment...

Are you getting a pink avatar?

Martian_mind
laughing out loud @ your definition of "dealt with."

Hey,if you care this much i'll placate you.

OHHH I WAS BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNT

WOW,YOU PWNT ME HARD!!!

SERIOUSLY,SNAAAAAAPPP.

Will that help you compensate for the things your lacking?

Martian_mind
So, moving on past Batdude's embarrassment...

Are you getting a pink avatar?

Red and i have idea'sbut he hasn't been on yet.

SpunkySmurph
Red and i have idea'sbut he hasn't been on yet. You and Red have ideas, now, huh?

You two-timing ****.

batdude123
Hey,if you care this much i'll placate you.

OHHH I WAS BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNT

WOW,YOU PWNT ME HARD!!!

SERIOUSLY,SNAAAAAAPPP.

Will that help you compensate for the things your lacking?

No reason to get upset. We're all friends here. smile

Martian_mind
You and Red have ideas, now, huh?

You two-timing ****.

I was gonna share with you,honest!

besides,he was on at the time and you weren't,you weren't here when i needed someone,he was cry

Martian_mind
No reason to get upset. We're all friends here. smile

i wasn't the one who double posted an insult hon,or who started it cuddle

SpunkySmurph
I was gonna share with you,honest!

besides,he was on at the time and you weren't,you weren't here when i needed someone,he was cry You use the hamster cry?

You say "placate"?

Clearly he's had some sort of horrible influence on you. furious

Martian_mind
You use the hamster cry?

You say "placate"?

Clearly he's had some sort of horrible influence on you. furious

he made a woman out of me stick out tongue

so,wanna hear the sig idea's?thier relevant,and will have pink but not kinda

SpunkySmurph

so,wanna hear the sig idea's?thier relevant,and will have pink but not kinda Over PM. furious

batdude123
i wasn't the one who double posted an insult hon,or who started it cuddle

Care to elaborate on the "way too easy" comment?

batdude123

ermmnone

Martian_mind
Care to elaborate on the "way too easy" comment?

i was gonna make a Superman/Silver Surfer crack,but then stopped Intentionally stopping a confrontation,so you started it stick out tongue

now i'm talking to smurf,so run along or actively participate,it's over.

batdude123
i was gonna make a Superman/Silver Surfer crack,but then stopped Intentionally stopping a confrontation,so you started it stick out tongue

I don't really like Silver Surfer, and I don't read Superman for his powers, so I don't get it. confused

Martian_mind
I don't really like Silver Surfer, and I don't read Superman for his powers, so I don't get it. confused

Not directly at you,but i was gonna say how both Supes and Surfer are stale,but with powers and people still buy their comics.

I just knew that some fanboy(not you) would kick up shit abouty it.

SpunkySmurph
I don't really like Silver Surfer, and I don't read Superman for his powers, so I don't get it. confused *coughmagnetocough*

But we're avoiding confrontation.

Nowadays, we're supposed to kick up shit in Comic Vs., not this one.

Martian_mind
*coughmagnetocough*

But we're avoiding confrontation.

Nowadays, we're supposed to kick up shit in Comic Vs., not this one.

too true.

batdude123
Not directly at you,but i was gonna say how both Supes and Surfer are stale,but with powers and people still buy their comics.

I just knew that some fanboy(not you) would kick up shit abouty it.

O, IC. shock

batdude123
*coughmagnetocough*

Magneto is one of the most well developed and interesting characters in all of comics. smile

Deathstroke
Anyway...does anyone think the young New Gods that showed up in Superman are going to have anything to do with the future of the New Gods? There are currently two of them that stayed in Metropolis after the rest went back to New Genesis.

I was just thinking actually, in the current Superman story Arion tells Superman that he'll be responsible for some kind of disaster, and I wonder if the disaster and the death of the New Gods tie in with each other.

SpunkySmurph
Magneto is one of the most well developed and interesting characters in all of comics. smile But that's never what you talk about. smile

Martian_mind
Magneto is one of the most well developed and interesting characters in all of comics. smile

and movie Doom was a character with interesting abilities and lots of depth big grin

jumpmann

I was just thinking actually, in the current Superman story Arion tells Superman that he'll be responsible for some kind of disaster, and I wonder if the disaster and the death of the New Gods tie in with each other.
Highly unlikely.

batdude123
But that's never what you talk about. smile

What's that have to do with anything? Nobody ever takes the time to talk about a characters personality in the vs. forum. It's always "who can beat who," so that comment really applies to everyone who posts there.

I don't read X-Men titles for Magneto's powers. smile smile smile smile smile

Symmetric Chaos
Anyway...does anyone think the young New Gods that showed up in Superman are going to have anything to do with the future of the New Gods? There are currently two of them that stayed in Metropolis after the rest went back to New Genesis.

I'll bet that whatever is going to kill the NG will get those two and bring Superman racing to save everyone else.

batdude123
and movie Doom was a character with interesting abilities and lots of depth big grin

laughing out loud

SpunkySmurph
What's that have to do with anything? Nobody ever takes the time to talk about a characters personality in the vs. forum. It's always "who can beat who," so that comment really applies to everyone who posts there.

I don't read X-Men titles for Magneto's powers. smile smile smile smile smile So much for this lack-of-confrontation.

rolling on floor laughing

batdude123
So much for this lack-of-confrontation.

rolling on floor laughing

I know, and we're doing this so passive-aggressively. doped

Deathstroke
Originally posted by jumpmann
Highly unlikely.

I just figured since Starlin said Superman would be involved with the Death of the NG mini that the young NGs are in his current book might be a connection. The young NGs are currently following Arion and spying on him so I was just seeing some possible connections.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
huh

Cut out the post-editing, especially when it's derogatory.

roughrider
What a shock. Jim Starlin does another big story about death. roll eyes (sarcastic) Does he have skulls decorating his house, I wonder?

I bet he'd get Thanos involved in this event, if he could. evil face

WrathfulDwarf

That would be quite a spin.

Superman tries to save the day (as always in the DCU) and screws up and ends up killing The New Gods.

I'll go with that....

Symmetric Chaos
That would be quite a spin.

Superman tries to save the day (as always in the DCU) and screws up and ends up killing The New Gods.

I'll go with that....

That would be hysterical laughing out loud

Especially if he found out that he was actually a NewGod in th process no expression

DigiMark007
That's it. I'm giving up DC!

Oh wait....that already happened.

no expression

...actually, I picked up the last few issues of Countdown. I'm a sucker for large-scale crossovers.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I"m seriously considering giving up DC if they dont' get thier shit together. THey lack in cosmics and to destroy like half of thier cosmic Mythos is just dumb as ****. Superman will be even more of a pain in the ass now. Cuz most everything else cosmic comes from his adventures. He gets more cosmic adventures than green lanters fro christ sake.

llagrok

Burn...

Validus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
That's it. I'm giving up DC!

Oh wait....that already happened.

no expression

...actually, I picked up the last few issues of Countdown. I'm a sucker for large-scale crossovers.
You founded the KMC GLC and don't even read it or any DC book? Can we demand you step down from leadership?

llagrok
Originally posted by llagrok
Man is Nvr going to cry his heart out.

I"m seriously considering giving up DC if they dont' get thier shit together. THey lack in cosmics and to destroy like half of thier cosmic Mythos is just dumb as ****. Superman will be even more of a pain in the ass now. Cuz most everything else cosmic comes from his adventures. He gets more cosmic adventures than green lanters fro christ sake.

I'm psychic

jumpmann
You founded the KMC GLC and don't even read it or any DC book? Can we demand you step down from leadership?
Impeachment alert.

DigiMark007

laughing out loud

I followed the Corps up through about the first 5 issues of their re-launch (but then stopped), and plan on picking up the Sinestro Corps War stuff. That, and I read almost every pre-IC JSA issue out there....though I stopped following it since the Crisis. So I'm not exactly a DC guru (or a Corps guru...I'm mostly just an Alan Scott fan), but it should be enough to justify it.

Also, I guess Kyle's going to be in Wildstorm soon, and that's where my true loyalties lie (screw the big companies), so I'll have that as well.

batdude123
Yo.

Originally posted by DigiMark007
laughing out loud

I followed the Corps up through about the first 5 issues of their re-launch (but then stopped), and plan on picking up the Sinestro Corps War stuff. That, and I read almost every pre-IC JSA issue out there....though I stopped following it since the Crisis. So I'm not exactly a DC guru (or a Corps guru...I'm mostly just an Alan Scott fan), but it should be enough to justify it.

Also, I guess Kyle's going to be in Wildstorm soon, and that's where my true loyalties lie (screw the big companies), so I'll have that as well.

Quite dissapointing.

batdude123

DigiMark007
Batdude has a sig where Hal gets beat up.

*motions to kick bd out as well*

Nikkolas
Superman, Son Of The Source, defeats Darkseid once and fall for:

Orion: But..the prophecy that I kill Darkseid....
Superman: Here's your prophecy!! *punches his head offf*

Martian_mind
Big bear is endless and eternal,he can't die.

jumpmann
I just figured since Starlin said Superman would be involved with the Death of the NG mini that the young NGs are in his current book might be a connection. The young NGs are currently following Arion and spying on him so I was just seeing some possible connections.
Yeah I was just joking...

It's likely they're connected haha.

long pig
It's sad that Orion was the only good character out of the whole bunch. And damn was he a good character.

But, the way they've written him lately, it's time to let him die before he's one shotted by Batman.

kevdude
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Superman, Son Of The Source, defeats Darkseid once and fall for:

Orion: But..the prophecy that I kill Darkseid....
Superman: Here's your prophecy!! *punches his head offf*

haha thats good.

Goodbye New Gods, till they bring you back better then ever hopefully.

Supermanluv

TricksterPriest
Now that's an interesting idea. It's possible, but I forget if Seven Solders is canon. srug

I have no problem with them taking a hiatus. I just don't want them dead permanently. durwank

Supermanluv
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Now that's an interesting idea. It's possible, but I forget if Seven Solders is canon. srug

I have no problem with them taking a hiatus. I just don't want them dead permanently. durwank

Its definitely cannon as Shiloh Norman, the Mister Miracle in the series recently appeared in Firestorm. Father Time, Frankenstein and Clarion the Witch boy have all had recent cameo's.

Recently Dan Didio also passed on the opportunity to explain why there seemed to be two pantheons of New Gods. I kind of got the impression he was trying to hide something.

I like the idea of the New Gods having human like incarnations (Look the word up if you don't understand what it means). Its similar to Niel best selling Gaimains American Gods book.

TricksterPriest
Wait a minute. Two pantheons? blink And I get the idea of incarnations...... hey wait a sec. This helps me out. Because Darkside (the businessman who seems to be the human incarnation of Darkside) is obviously an avatar, which is canonical proof of him directly using avatars. Heh heh. evillaugh

Supermanluv
Wait a minute. Two pantheons? blink . evillaugh

If there's an entire multi verse now its not hard to imagine there being more than one pantheon now?

roughrider
With all the big publicity & media coverage about the death of Captain America, I wonder if Jim Starlin is feeling scooped.

JS: "Hey, hey listen! I'm going to kill off the New Gods!"

The Media: "Who?"

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Supermanluv
If there's an entire multi verse now its not hard to imagine there being more than one pantheon now?

That's not good enough. The 4th world is outside the regular DC multiverse. If Didio actually said something about two pantheons, then something strange is going on. confused

roughrider
That's not good enough. The 4th world is outside the regular DC multiverse. If Didio actually said something about two pantheons, then something strange is going on. confused

True. There should be no multi-versions of these characters.

nvrbeenwthagirl
DC is a bunch of idiot writers and crap editors with cool characters at the helm. Marvel is a bunch of retarded writers and money hungry editors with cool characters at the helm. I'm seriously thinking about pouring my money into a comic book online to see if I can do better. They just make me aaaaaaaaarg. I should make a dumb shit DC and marvel has done thread.

Supermanluv
I'm seriously thinking about pouring my money into a comic book online to see if I can do better.

I can save you a bit of money and put you out of your misery by stating that to be a really stupid idea !

tjcoady
DC is a bunch of idiot writers and crap editors with cool characters at the helm. Marvel is a bunch of retarded writers and money hungry editors with cool characters at the helm. I'm seriously thinking about pouring my money into a comic book online to see if I can do better. They just make me aaaaaaaaarg. I should make a dumb shit DC and marvel has done thread.

If only there were comics not put out by DC and Marvel...

Symmetric Chaos
If only there were comics not put out by DC and Marvel...

Yes, if only . . .

Mider999
seriously maybe im just insane at the moment (i might be) or marvel and DC are gonna do something really dumb and there gonna have riots outside there HQ

Martian_mind
i wouldn't bother rioting.

i just read past issues...

C. Jack Harness
No not Mr Miracle. He is the man. sad

Juntai

C. Jack Harness
If only there were comics not put out by DC and Marvel... Its called Image. It is the best company out.

cool

Authority. (Used to and originated from there) Spawn. Invincible. dragon.

Juntai
Originally posted by C. Jack Harness
Its called Image. It is the best company out.

cool

Authority. Spawn. Invincible. dragon. Authority is published by DC these days.

C. Jack Harness
Originally posted by Juntai
Authority is published by DC these days. Shit. I knew I made a mistake there. stick out tongue

But they originated from there with Stormwatch. Which always pwned.

Juntai
Originally posted by C. Jack Harness
Shit. I knew I made a mistake there. stick out tongue

But they originated from there with Stormwatch. Which always pwned. Stormwatch is also a DC published title now.

C. Jack Harness
Stormwatch is also a DC published title now.

Thats why I said originated from there. wink

Juntai
Same with Wildcats and Deathblow, etc, of Image fame.
I'm sure its just a matter of time before a full buyout happens.

C. Jack Harness
Same with Wildcats and Deathblow, etc, of Image fame.
I'm sure its just a matter of time before a full buyout happens.

Back in the day I could read almost all Image comics. Its a shame there's less hero's now but they have the best quality I think.

I just wish every character was like Invincible (Best new comic in years)

So we could have crossovers without all the shit.

I remember the first years of Wildcats. Maybe I should make a respect thread. I have them all.

Juntai
Most of those though are merely because they were published under Jim Lee, and he moved his company from under Image's wing, to under DC's wing.

C. Jack Harness
Most of those though are merely because they were published under Jim Lee, and he moved his company from under Image's wing, to under DC's wing. It is kinda sad but at least they have time to become a national phenomenon (In the comic world anyway) stick out tongue

Supermanluv
thumb up Welcome to the forum.

Reading the final issues of Firestorm though, reads as if Seven Soldiers already happened. Mr Miracle appeared and talked about people coming for Dr Stien, and Orion came busting through saying he needed Dr Stien before the secrets of the Anti-Life fall into the wrong hands. Mr Miracle - having been in Seven Soldiers already replied "BUt it already HAS fallen into the wrong hands", Motherbox said otherwise.

But Mister Miracle was sent through a black hole. Its possible that he's gone back in time and space ! smile

Rorschach
First issue comes out next week.

Symmetric Chaos
w00t

or

sad

Martian_mind
I'd say 3 cheers for the end.

I mean after the NGs have been treated the past couple of years,this is a mercy killing.

Rorschach
Barda is dead

batdude123
Originally posted by Rorschach
Barda is dead What comic?

Not that I actually care...

Symmetric Chaos
Barda is dead

I heard Did it happen outside of Countdown?

Validus
Death of the New Gods #1

Came out this week and apparently nobody cared. Shows how important the New Gods are...

Symmetric Chaos
Death of the New Gods #1

Came out this week and apparently nobody cared. Shows important the New Gods are...

*goes to find it*

Rorschach
What comic?

Not that I actually care...

Death of the New Gods #1.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I heard Did it happen outside of Countdown?

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4893/deathofthenewgods01pageev5.jpg

batdude123
Death of the New Gods #1.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4893/deathofthenewgods01pageev5.jpg

What's ghey is...

Being so powerful and all, they should be able to resurrect her and Lightray.

Validus
Mr. Miracle said he could use the ALE to resurrect her but that isn't what she would have wanted.

As if he asked her or anything.

Symmetric Chaos
Perusing now. Metron invented the MotherBoxes? Sweet smile

Oh yeah some other people were doing stuff, folks died.

batdude123
Mr. Miracle said he could use the ALE to resurrect her but that isn't what she would have wanted.

As if he asked her or anything.

He's probably not doing it so he can meet new women.

King_Mungi
They also mentioned it in the recent Countdown Barda was dead.

batdude123
Haven't gotten around to go get #28 yet.

King_Mungi
Wasn't really that good.

Validus
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Wasn't really that good.
Shocking.

batdude123
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Wasn't really that good.

I could've told you that without reading it.

King_Mungi
Yeah Countdown has been a let down thus far, apparently DC wants to get rid of the writers and get a new batch in

Harry Fingerman
I got all the comics I wanted this week. I saw this and decided to pick it up.
It was OK... I mean, they killed off three people already. Off to a good start.

I can't wait till Hulkion takes on Supes in the next one though.

Validus
Hulkion laughing out loud

I noticed the artist went way overboard with his size.

Galan007
Yeah.... Issue #1 sucked.

My only hope is that Mr. Miracle will finally use the ALE.

HueyFreeman
Its been a while since I have seen Darkseid with a cape.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>