Comic Characters that JUST NEED TO DIE!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kai3345
My List:

Iron Man: Tony's been a real douche latley. I hope he either dies, or it's another skrull and the old Iron Man that I knew and loved would come back.

The Sentry: He's jsut to strong of a character. He's pretty gay to.

Maria Hill: Do I even need to explain?

Hawkeye: He needs to fricken stay dead. Theres gotta be some like law that you can't kill or bring a character back that fricken much, in that short amount of time.

Mac Gargan: Bring back Eddie, this Venom just palin sucks. I mean pretty much the only word he says is "KIIIIILLLLLLLLL!!!!!!" and he says it like every 4 panels! (Thunderbolts)

Endless Mike
Wolverine

llagrok
Originally posted by kai3345
My List:

Iron Man: Tony's been a real douche latley. I hope he either dies, or it's another skrull and the old Iron Man that I knew and loved would come back.

The Sentry: He's jsut to strong of a character. He's pretty gay to.

Maria Hill: Do I even need to explain?

Hawkeye: He needs to fricken stay dead. Theres gotta be some like law that you can't kill or bring a character back that fricken much, in that short amount of time.

Mac Gargan: Bring back Eddie, this Venom just palin sucks. I mean pretty much the only word he says is "KIIIIILLLLLLLLL!!!!!!" and he says it like every 4 panels! (Thunderbolts)

Sentry's one of the few good powerhouses out there, if you're going to kill off him for being too strong then there's a couple of others you gotta remove as well. They're still developing him and you want him gone?

I agree with Mac though, not satisfied with the new Venom.

Superherovandal
apparently the New Gods by the way Didio is leading DCU.

outavodka
Every Superman
Current Venom host
Spectre
Wonderwoman
TimDrake
LexLuthor
Vulcan
Hawkman
KyleRayner

llagrok
Originally posted by outavodka
Every Superman
Current Venom host
Spectre
Wonderwoman
TimDrake
LexLuthor
Vulcan
KyleRayner

Co-signed.

Deathstroke
Spider-man. I have my reasons. shifty

Morridini
Kill off the Spectre? Is that even doable?
And what's wrong with Tim drake (haven't read any DC comics since Infinite Crisis though, he might have changed)?

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by kai3345
My List:

Tony being a skrull just seems way too obvious for marvel to actually use.

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok
Sentry's one of the few good powerhouses out there, if you're going to kill off him for being too strong then there's a couple of others you gotta remove as well. They're still developing him and you want him gone?
I'm sorry, but it's just sad that after 7 years now, Marvel is still developing Sentry's character.

llagrok
Originally posted by batdude123
I'm sorry, but it's just sad that after 7 years now, Marvel is still developing Sentry's character.

He's been around THAT long?

batdude123
He's been around THAT long?

Since 2000. erm

outavodka
Originally posted by Morridini
Kill off the Spectre? Is that even doable?
And what's wrong with Tim drake (haven't read any DC comics since Infinite Crisis though, he might have changed)? I just want spectre/superman to go away forever, and as far as tim goes ITS JUST HIS TIME TO GO....TRUST ME!

llagrok
Since 2000. erm

His fist appearance was in 2000, he hasn't been appearing in comics like he's doing now since 2000. When he appeared in New Avengers wasn't that 04/05 ?

tjcoady
his first appearance outside his minis was like... new avengers 8... and it's only up to 32. He really hasn't had much time to develop. I don't know why everyone is freaking out about that.

llagrok
Originally posted by tjcoady
his first appearance outside his minis was like... new avengers 8... and it's only up to 32. He really hasn't had much time to develop. I don't know why everyone is freaking out about that.

And why is it so horrible to have him around?

Nobody's whining about Molecule man, who sorely needs some development.

DigiMark007
Deadpool. NO ONE would see it coming.

no expression

Morridini
Molecule Man is still around? I liked him during Secret Wars and Secret Wars 2 but after that I didn't really manage to keep track of where he went.

llagrok
Originally posted by Morridini
Molecule Man is still around? I liked him during Secret Wars and Secret Wars 2 but after that I didn't really manage to keep track of where he went.

No one did xD

He somehow merged with the Beyonder and parts of the cosmic cube. After that was sorted out he somehow ended up in the raft and is now on the loose.

batdude123
His fist appearance was in 2000, he hasn't been appearing in comics like he's doing now since 2000. When he appeared in New Avengers wasn't that 04/05 ?

2000 was when his mini series came out.

llagrok
2000 was when his mini series came out.

Either way it's completely ridiculous to simply want him dead because they haven't developed him quickly enough.

batdude123
Either way it's completely ridiculous to simply want him dead because they haven't developed him quickly enough.

True, but you have to admit that it's pretty damn slow.

Validus
24 issues of NA and an 8 issue solo mini isn't enough to develop a character? laughing out loud

Badabing
Meh, I wouldn't mind Sentry gone.....now that Thor's back. I just never thought Sentry was a good character.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Validus
24 issues of NA and an 8 issue solo mini isn't enough to develop a character? laughing out loud

well, when he appears in about six of the twenty four issues of NA and the eight issue solo isn't really about the character at all so much as a concept... well, yea, it isn't enough to develop a character.

the sentry started out as a metaphorical way of exploring the idea of superheroes. Jenkins' original mini, in my opinion, really wasn't supposed to introduce a new character to the marvel universe.

Validus
the sentry started out as a metaphorical way of exploring the idea of superheroes. Jenkins' original mini, in my opinion, really wasn't supposed to introduce a new character to the marvel universe.
No but the 2nd mini was. It's pathetic that after New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, a mini series and random guess spots that nobody has a clue what Sentry can do in a fight much less who he is as a person. We're still seeing Sentry Vs threads that devolve into, "Well, if Sentry is as powerful as they say he is...."

WrathfulDwarf
All those atrocious Spidey Clones.

tjcoady
No but the 2nd mini was. It's pathetic that after New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, a mini series and random guess spots that nobody has a clue what Sentry can do in a fight much less who he is as a person. We're still seeing Sentry Vs threads that devolve into, "Well, if Sentry is as powerful as they say he is...."

yeah, I agree with you. I think the original sentry mini was just amazing... and he should never have been brought into the mainstream universe as a normal character.

llagrok

Yeah, those 24 issues were ALL about him.

You can't really say they did nothing. He hasn't developed any more since the first issue? We learned who the void was, we got to know that he had an arch nemesis, we found out that he was close with Reed Richards, Emma told us about his powers and how he made everyone forget.

I think we learned a lot about the Sentry in those issues. He developed from a locked away super hero no one had heard about to one of the biggest Marvel Hyperbole's ever 131

I agree though, he should've been kept in his own miniseries. There was too much going on with Marvel at the time, bringing him back right before civil war wasn't a good idea.

Validus
Yeah, those 24 issues were ALL about him.

You can't really say they did nothing. He hasn't developed any more since the first issue? We learned who the void was, we got to know that he had an arch nemesis, we found out that he was close with Reed Richards, Emma told us about his powers and how he made everyone forget.

I think we learned a lot about the Sentry in those issues. He developed from a locked away super hero no one had heard about to one of the biggest Marvel Hyperbole's ever 131

I agree though, he should've been kept in his own miniseries. There was too much going on with Marvel at the time, bringing him back right before civil war wasn't a good idea.
We already knew who the Void was from the first mini. We did find out Sentry enjoys a passionate kiss with his dark half so thats new I guess.

What Emma told Robert about how his powers worked was directly contradicted in his mini. Did he himself make the world forget or was it Cloq? Who cares at this point? Why does his exploding sun hyperbole count change from 1000 to 1 million every time it's brought up?

No, the 24 issues weren't about him but mainly because writers don't seem to have a clue what to do with him.

And I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm saying he should have been kept to his own mini. The point was obviously to make him Marvel's Superman. Guess what though? Superman has a character to speak of.

llagrok
We already knew who the Void was from the first mini. We did find out Sentry enjoys a passionate kiss with his dark half so thats new I guess.

What Emma told Robert about how his powers worked was directly contradicted in his mini. Did he himself make the world forget or was it Cloq? Who cares at this point? Why does his exploding sun hyperbole count change from 1000 to 1 million every time it's brought up?

No, the 24 issues weren't about him but mainly because writers don't seem to have a clue what to do with him.

Which is why I think killing him is a horrible solution.

A year or two a good writer will pick him up, resurrect him and actually have great things in mind for him. But then everyone will hate it, because whenever Marvel resurrects someone "it's destined to fail"

I think he deserves more development, but I don't think we need to kill off every poorly or underdeveloped hero.

Martian_mind
I've always seen Thor as MU's Superman,not a copy by any means,but filling in the same roll essentially.

llagrok
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I've always seen Thor as MU's Superman,not a copy by any means,but filling in the same roll essentially.

Agreed.

I think I would've liked Sentry a little more if he didn't have the god damn S on him.

Validus
Which is why I think killing him is a horrible solution.

A year or two a good writer will pick him up, resurrect him and actually have great things in mind for him. But then everyone will hate it, because whenever Marvel resurrects someone "it's destined to fail"

I think he deserves more development, but I don't think we need to kill off every poorly or underdeveloped hero.
Granted but you can't blame anyone for thinking he's useless when his own creator can't seem to think of anything to do with him.

shksprtx
Captain Amer...

Oh, nevermind...

batdude123
It's not really the issue count that's important when concerned with Sentry. It's the fact that he's been around for 7+ years now, and the writers still have no f*cking clue how to develop his character. He's still an enigma, and after all this time, Marvel still has us scratching our heads about him. They don't know what to do with him, which I find hilarious. Joey Q ftw!!! At this rate, by the time we truly get a grasp of his character, people are just gonna say "**** it," and not care about the son of a ***** anymore. Personally, I haven't cared since the end his first mini series, but that's just me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Right now I'm having a fit just learning about the death of the New Gods. The Only light is that there is going to be a revamp of them. They need it. Those costumes and some of those names are just God fcuking aweful. I must retire from DC when The New Gods die until they make thier comback. Or WW gets some decent feats going.

batdude123
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Or WW gets some decent feats going.

That's not the way to look at comics. no

If you enjoy her titles, then who cares about her feats?

Creshosk
If you enjoy her titles, then who cares about her feats? People with feat fetishes I guess. Though I much prefer her titles to her feats...

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Creshosk
People with feat fetishes I guess. Though I much prefer her titles to her feats... herbvin

batdude123
Originally posted by Creshosk
People with feat fetishes I guess.

The forums can get pretty annoying with that sometimes.

Grinning Goku
Vulcan. I don't like him very much, at all.

tjcoady
that's what really bothers me about these forums... that who a character can beat determines whether or not a title is worth reading, rather than the story, writing, characterization, and art.

Anubiz632
Kill Off The Following:

Wolverine: Great Character ---DONE TO DEATH! His Death would Renew Marvel & get them away from this endless loop they're on.

New X-Men (Entire Group) WHY NOT?! I mean I LOVE the New Xmen don't get me wrong. It's just that that seem to be killing the whole damn group member by member every other issue anyway! Stop pissing on me & just end the title!

Galactus: Useless. LOL Nah but seriously, he's useless.

Mary Jane: Read My Galactus Post

Ok Let Me Sprew off a little list here..

Lex Luthor
Jay Garrick
New Blue Beetle
Screw it this would take forever to finish.

llagrok
Originally posted by Anubiz632
Kill Off The Following:

Wolverine: Great Character ---DONE TO DEATH! His Death would Renew Marvel & get them away from this endless loop they're on.

New X-Men (Entire Group) WHY NOT?! I mean I LOVE the New Xmen don't get me wrong. It's just that that seem to be killing the whole damn group member by member every other issue anyway! Stop pissing on me & just end the title!

Lex Luthor
Jay Garrick
New Blue Beetle

lol.

Yeah, let's kill off Galactus. **** you universal balance, Galactus isn't interesting anymore!

Tyrant
Wonder Woman.
Darkseid.
Mxy.

grey fox
Originally posted by Anubiz632
Kill Off The Following:

Lex Luthor
Jay Garrick
New Blue Beetle

Phail.

TricksterPriest
Scarlet *****. Wanda has had it coming for HoM. Also: Warbird. I just don't like her very much. stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Deadpool. NO ONE would see it coming.

no expression

*Assasinates Digi* stick out tongue

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Scarlet *****. Wanda has had it coming for HoM. Also: Warbird. I just don't like her very much. stick out tongue

Meh , she's eyecandy. Gotta have eye-candy on a avengers team.

willRules

I thought his first appearance was NA #1 which came out in late 2004?????? confused

llagrok
Originally posted by willRules
I thought his first appearance was NA #1 which came out in late 2004?????? confused

That's what I used to think, but apparently he appeared in a mini series before that.

batdude123
Originally posted by willRules

No.

Mider999
thanos oops nvm they killed him off ugh they will probably bring him back ANYONE WANNA BET five bucks

silver surfer another WAY to strong guy oops he's already dieing i bet he'll find a cure though

superman yeah it wont ever happen

batman this guy is a pain in the ass, i mean hitting the hulk and hitting amazo and actually effecting them? WTF a bomb that the red hood used didnt even hurt mr freeze to bad and yet a bomb bats used almost blew amazos leg off WTF! maybe he'll end up getting it on with orions wife and orion will tear him a new one

current venom why would they give the symboit to someone other then eddie brock.

why would you want luthor dead that would be way hard to get superman a new nemesis wouldnt it.

they need to kill the hulk off or show him kicking someones butt and i dont mean earth i mean someones major butt needs to get kicked by this guy to prove he's the strongest.

heh thats a weird list aint it i guess im in a bad mood today

batdude123
Originally posted by Mider999
batman this guy is a pain in the ass, i mean hitting the hulk and hitting amazo and actually effecting them? WTF a bomb that the red hood used didnt even hurt mr freeze to bad and yet a bomb bats used almost blew amazos leg off WTF! maybe he'll end up getting it on with orions wife and orion will tear him a new one

No.

Tyrant
Originally posted by Mider999
thanos oops nvm they killed him off ugh they will probably bring him back ANYONE WANNA BET five bucks

silver surfer another WAY to strong guy oops he's already dieing i bet he'll find a cure though

superman yeah it wont ever happen

current venom why would they give the symboit to someone other then eddie brock.

why would you want luthor dead that would be way hard to get superman a new nemesis wouldnt it.
Spawn.

Martian_mind
Deadpool,no one would see it coming

no expression

The Fake Macoy
Mr. Immortal, he if he doesn't constantly die and come back to life, he's not really fulfilling his character. He's just got to die!

willRules
No.

You mean you don't want Batman to die? You of all people? I would have never thought it! roll eyes (sarcastic)

tjcoady
That's what I used to think, but apparently he appeared in a mini series before that.

two actually. The first one is brilliant. The second one, not so much.

Wally West
Jason Todd. Again.

Dinalfos
Marvel should just get rid of the entire cosmic department. It's been fun, but leave them out. They don't have to kill them, just let them.....'be'.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Vulcan. I don't like him very much, at all.

Nah.

He has the potential to be a great character if he would stop being written as this angry emo jerkoff.

llagrok
Originally posted by Grimm22
Nah.

He has the potential to be a great character if he would stop being written as this angry emo jerkoff.

Agreed.

However, given his history (which was obviously written in order to make Xavier look like a bad guy) I don't think he has much choice.

kenobi
Drax the destroyer needs to stay dead. Superman needs to stay dead too. He is the most uninteresting character in comics. That is why his character is constantly being reinvented.

Juntai
Originally posted by kenobi
Superman needs to stay dead too. He is the most uninteresting character in comics. That is why his character is constantly being reinvented. thumb down

Supermanluv
Any character whose believed to have more power than Galactus.

kai3345
Clint Barton- cuz then he'll probly set a new record with the most deaths and revivals in the shortest amount of time.lol

then they should bring him bac cuz hes an awsome character.

Jyppe
IMO they should really kill of Hulk. I can't find another good way they could end the WWH. If he just left? That would suck. If he just changed his mind? That would suck even harder.

They'll need to have someone powerful, yet unlikely to kill him. (like Xavier or Dr.Strange.) Then they could bring back Grey Hulk, if they would find a plausible way to resurrect him.

Smurf's Martian
Originally posted by Wally West
Jason Todd. Again.

maybe you should again mr. weirdo

The big EH
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Marvel should just get rid of the entire cosmic department. It's been fun, but leave them out. They don't have to kill them, just let them.....'be'. i think simarly with DC except they should kill everyone, especially superman, even when he dies he comes back with no explanation just comes back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.