Infinity Being Vs. Mr. Mxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok So The Ig is supposed to be this multiversal power. It's power comes from the IB right? So what exactly is the IB's top power lvl? Can it beat Mr. mxy in a str8 up fight?

charlemagne9746
If the IB is supposed to be the former Supreme Being of Marvel...then, I'd say it could beat Mxy effortlessly. The LT could beat Mxy....and the IB is supposed to have been around TOAA level.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
If the IB is supposed to be the former Supreme Being of Marvel...then, I'd say it could beat Mxy effortlessly. The LT could beat Mxy....and the IB is supposed to have been around TOAA level.
It doesn't seem to be. I thought it was born out of the universe. It's origin was retconned right?

Mr Master
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
It doesn't seem to be. I thought it was born out of the universe.

IB created the Omniverse, with it's death.

Imbued the Infinity Gems with his power and consciousness.

It's origin was retconned right?

Nah.

charlemagne9746
It doesn't seem to be. I thought it was born out of the universe. It's origin was retconned right?

I don't know...I think Galactic Storm and Mr. Master were arguing about that before.

Mr Master
I don't know...I think Galactic Storm and Mr. Master were arguing about that before.

Because the New Updated IG Bio doesn't mention the IB creating everything,

but it does state everything else like,

the IB was alone, it was the only Sentience in the Universe, so it died.

Same story as before minus the and from his Death everything was created,
like it's stated On Panel by Thanos - Mephisto and Diana of the Ultraverse.

The IB was alone because everything that was, was him.

On Panel it's just more detailed, but the stories (On Panel and Bio) are nearly identitical.

Had it been retconned (the IB would not have been the only Sentience in existence)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr Master
IB created the Omniverse, with it's death.

Imbued the Infinity Gems with his power and consciousness.

Nah.

Show me the IB creating the Omniverse. I thought it created the Universe with it's death. I seem to rememmber reading that story a LOOOOONg Time ago. Was there a retcon?

charlemagne9746
Because the New Updated IG Bio doesn't mention the IB creating everything,

but it does state everything else like,

the IB was alone, it was the only Sentience in the Universe, so it died.

Same story as before minus the and from his Death everything was created,
like it's stated On Panel by Thanos - Mephisto and Diana of the Ultraverse.

The IB was alone because everything that was, was him.

On Panel it's just more detailed, but the stories (On Panel and Bio) are nearly identitical.

Had it been retconned (the IB would not have been the only Sentience in existence)

I see where you are coming from.

The only thing that confuses me about the whole thing is the origin of TOAA. A truly Supreme Being should be Self-Existing...having no beginning or no end. I understand the IB was a Supreme Being based on his description; however, I'm just trying to fathom where the TOAA was during that time. TOAA should be Self-Existing also. I don't think he came from some outside reality...a reality outside what was to become the Marvel Omniverse. Again, a Supreme Being would be Omniscient in all things....being aware of any other presence...even if it was in some other reality.

laughing

I put too much thought into these things...when I know there is really no explanation for it.

Nikkolas
^ a lot of Marvel origin stories seem to conflict.

Mr Master
Show me the IB creating the Omniverse. I thought it created the Universe with it's death. I seem to rememmber reading that story a LOOOOONg Time ago. Was there a retcon?

It hasn't been depicted in action sad ... I wish.

Only Thanos, Mephisto and Diana talking about it.

In any case you're right too though, cause he did create a Universe that's still expanding today.

Like all things that grow it begins at a single point and then balloons outward.

Since the Omniverse is Infinite it's been expanding ever since.

Mr Master
The only thing that confuses me about the whole thing is the origin of TOAA. A truly Supreme Being should be Self-Existing...having no beginning or no end. I understand the IB was a Supreme Being based on his description; however, I'm just trying to fathom where the TOAA was during that time. TOAA should be Self-Existing also. I don't think he came from some outside reality...a reality outside what was to become the Marvel Omniverse. Again, a Supreme Being would be Omniscient in all things....being aware of any other presence...even if it was in some other reality.

I see what you mean.

IMO,

TOAA/God from FF#511 is the true God, he actually drew the Infinity Being creating the Omniverse, and everything else we read in Marvel Comics, and it's all Canon.

It's a little strange, but basicaly God, in Marvel comics, is an Artist, and he's just drawing everything we read, and he has a "collaborator" that we can only speculate on.

I put too much thought into these things...when I know there is really no explanation for it.

I think that's dope, I'm also hungry to understand the madness in the Marvel Cosmichood. smile

Mr Master
I'm just trying to fathom where the TOAA was during that time. TOAA should be Self-Existing also. I don't think he came from some outside reality...a reality outside what was to become the Marvel Omniverse. Again, a Supreme Being would be Omniscient in all things....being aware of any other presence...even if it was in some other reality.

I was just having this discussion in my thread with fellow posters, here's the relevant piece:

Canon appearance by the God of Marvel in Comics.

God/TOAA

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/637/gdka7.th.jpg

(excerpt from the Fantastic Four Ultimate Guide)

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8196/ffheavenyx6.th.jpg

(excerpt from the Official Marvel Handbook)

quanchi112
ib wins this

Mr Master
I'm just trying to fathom where the TOAA was during that time. TOAA should be Self-Existing also. I don't think he came from some outside reality...a reality outside what was to become the Marvel Omniverse. Again, a Supreme Being would be Omniscient in all things....being aware of any other presence...even if it was in some other reality.

I figured yall appreaciate this:

The Fantastic Four go to Marvel's Heaven and meet God.

Enjoy.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2374/fantasticfour51113au1.th.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6646/fantasticfour51114nh7.th.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6166/fantasticfour51115bo6.th.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6615/fantasticfour51116ja5.th.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5513/fantasticfour51117kp6.th.jpg

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5587/fantasticfour51118yp4.th.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/338/fantasticfour51119rx9.th.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1552/fantasticfour51120kk4.th.jpg

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/7287/fantasticfour51121rx9.th.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5651/fantasticfour51122ks2.th.jpg

quanchi112
I was just having this discussion in my thread with fellow posters, here's the relevant piece:

Canon appearance by the God of Marvel in Comics.

God/TOAA

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/637/gdka7.th.jpg

(excerpt from the Fantastic Four Ultimate Guide)

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8196/ffheavenyx6.th.jpg

(excerpt from the Official Marvel Handbook) i get a kick out of when you prove ur points. its like you lay it all out as evidence. so detailed. smile so thorough.

guy222
Infinity Being

Galan007
this is not a creation contest, this is a battle. that being said, mxy ftw.

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
Infinity Being Agreed.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Galan007
this is not a creation contest, this is a battle. that being said, mxy ftw.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
Ib has complete mastery over time,space,power,mind,soul,and reality. Thats why I give the win to IB.

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ib has complete mastery over time,space,power,mind,soul,and reality. Thats why I give the win to IB.
And Mxy doesn't? Mxy can retcon. The IB can't even do that.

Enyalus
And Mxy doesn't? Mxy can retcon. The IB can't even do that.

Good point. If all else fails, he can go talk to the editors. Maybe convince them to depower IB. wink

quanchi112
And Mxy doesn't? Mxy can retcon. The IB can't even do that. Mxy doesnt have mastery over these aspects.

If you have proof feel free to post it.

fangirl101
Mxy doesnt have mastery over these aspects.

If you have proof feel free to post it.
Please. Go read Emporer Joker. Joker would kill batman every day and then ressurect him to relive it. Master over soul. Mxy's power changed the quintessence. he bent thier minds to his will. Joker went on to shape creation into a cube. power over reality. Mxy has travelled in time. stopped time to talk to superman. He can bend space to his will. being anywhere at anytime he wishes. what do you mean he doesn't have power over those aspects? Are you kidding? He's done stuff like pulling multiversal beings back into creation AFTER they have been destroyed in the crisis.

Knowsbleed33
IB easily.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
IB easily.
And exactly what has the IB done? Please do tell.

Knowsbleed33
Did you not go through this entire thread? Created this omniverse with its death. Mxy has no feats that come close.

fangirl101
Did you not go through this entire thread? Created this omniverse with its death. Mxy has no feats that come close.
Mxy has wiped the entire DC reality and reset it. He's taken a blast from DC's version of the Embodiment of all reality and then managed to Defeat said entity.

Knowsbleed33
Wow and that's better how?

fangirl101
Wow and that's better how?
Everything that the IB has created, Mxy has done an equiv of and then superceded such by also destroying said creation. Facing a being who is the embodiment of all is teh uber.

Philosophía
Mxy.

RageOfTheGods
Wasn't the Infinity Being a Universal Being but with his Death he created the Omniverse.......but wasn't that retconned.........

Anyways in a battle Mxy could be able to do it.........he can create and destroy Realities on a whim as well............

I think Mxy can do it........in a battle.....he did take a blast from a creature that is the emboidment of all realities and Universes unharmed......

I think Mxy can take him until someone convinces me otherwise which should not be to hard........the Infinity Being is one of the rare beings I do not know that much about actually but I think I know enough to say that Mxy can hang with him.........

But if the Infinity Being is TOAA level then he should win no doubt...

quanchi112
Please. Go read Emporer Joker. Joker would kill batman every day and then ressurect him to relive it. Master over soul. Mxy's power changed the quintessence. he bent thier minds to his will. Joker went on to shape creation into a cube. power over reality. Mxy has travelled in time. stopped time to talk to superman. He can bend space to his will. being anywhere at anytime he wishes. what do you mean he doesn't have power over those aspects? Are you kidding? He's done stuff like pulling multiversal beings back into creation AFTER they have been destroyed in the crisis. This doesnt prove he has mastery over it.

Being anywhere he wants doesnt mean he has mastery over time. That just means he can teleport. Thanos could be everywhere and nowhere.

The gems gave you mastery over these aspects while I have seen Mxy depowered while I have never seen that happen to Thanos here and he opposed abstracts all at once.

Mxy is indeed powerful but cant defeat the IB who has mastery over these aspects(proven) while Mxy does not.

Utrigita
Infinity Being for the win.

fangirl101
This doesnt prove he has mastery over it.

Being anywhere he wants doesnt mean he has mastery over time. That just means he can teleport. Thanos could be everywhere and nowhere.

The gems gave you mastery over these aspects while I have seen Mxy depowered while I have never seen that happen to Thanos here and he opposed abstracts all at once.

Mxy is indeed powerful but cant defeat the IB who has mastery over these aspects(proven) while Mxy does not.
Dude WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? Read Emporer Joker. The Joker had power over all aspects of reality and then was able to totally break reality and mold it to his wishes. Superman even says that Mxy has never been omnipotent. And mxy says basically that he always was but he knows better than to destroy the cosmos.

psycho gundam
And exactly what has the IB done? Please do tell. whats the point of this thread then, more research?

Utrigita
And exactly what has the IB done? Please do tell.

Apparently created the Infinity Gems, when they was collected (with the Ego gem too) Nemesis a lower version (I think) of IB was formed, Nemesis if I recall correctly destroyed two multiverses and began to remold them afterwards.

But will have to check up on it, hope that is okay?

Utrigita
Sorry my bad not two multiverses but the prime universe of each multiverse.

Galan007
Did you not go through this entire thread? Created this omniverse with its death. please tell me how this feat would give the IB any sort of advantage over mxy. please, do tell smile.

quanchi112
Dude WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? Read Emporer Joker. The Joker had power over all aspects of reality and then was able to totally break reality and mold it to his wishes. Superman even says that Mxy has never been omnipotent. And mxy says basically that he always was but he knows better than to destroy the cosmos. Yes he is a reality warper. I am not saying he isnt but the gems are a part of IB and they have control over all of these aspects which include reality,etc.

occultdestroyer
Mr. Mxy punched Paul Dini.
Something no other comic book character has ever done.

Mindset
no expression

King Kandy
Impossible Man beat up the marvel writing staff, and Dr. Doom held Stan Lee hostage.

Galan007
^

they ever get the actual script for upcoming comics, just to see what will happen? they ever retcon other comic characters on a whim?

King Kandy
What kind of point is that? All i'm saying is that for the purpose of comedy weak characters will often make the writing staff look like fools. If such showings were taken seriously, then Dr. Doom>TOAA.

Knowsbleed33
^

they ever get the actual script for upcoming comics, just to see what will happen? they ever retcon other comic characters on a whim?

Mxy can do this anytime he wants? He can just enter the real world and retcon characters the same way writers do on a whim?

Mindset
this is stupid

Enyalus
You know...if Mxy did use the writers to retcon IB, then he'd have left the field of battle. Self-BFR. IB wins.

wink Yay technicalities.

Galan007
sometimes it's purely for the sake of comedy, like in the instances KK mentioned. other times, it's for the sake of both comedy and the actual plot - like the instance i mentioned. what i mean is, during said instance the only reason mxy went to the 'real world' and grabbed the script, is because he had a feeling superman was going to die, so he wanted some bullet proof clarification .

that instance isn't something i'd normally use in a debate but venturing into the 'real world' and chatting with the DC staff is something mxy has done quite regularly.

joesdabest1
IB 1 shots. Mxy sucks.

Knowsbleed33
If Mxy has that power anytime he wants it's pointless ever debating against him.

Mindset
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/evey826/hahahah.gif

King Kandy
sometimes it's purely for the sake of comedy, like in the instances KK mentioned. other times, it's for the sake of both comedy and the actual plot - like the instance i mentioned. what i mean is, during said instance the only reason mxy went to the 'real world' and grabbed the script, is because he had a feeling superman was going to die, so he wanted some bullet proof clarification .

that instance isn't something i'd normally use in a debate but venturing into the 'real world' and chatting with the DC staff is something mxy has done quite regularly.
Impossible Man does so regularly as well. But if you're going to keep insisting that a fictional character is as powerful as a real human, you have to remember that Mike Carlin brought Mxy back from the dead.

Galan007
Originally posted by King Kandy
Impossible Man does so regularly as well. But if you're going to keep insisting that a fictional character is as powerful as a real human, "keep insisting?" i never started insisting. did you even get what i was saying? srsly

you have to remember that Mike Carlin brought Mxy back from the dead. mxy allowed himself to die. he then met "god" , then was resurrected. nothing i ever read has implied that it was carlin who "brought him back."

KK the Great
If Mxy has that power anytime he wants it's pointless ever debating against him.

I think to think that about basically all of the "omnipotent character vs. omnipotent character" threads that crop up on a daily basis.

As soon as you start crafting semantic arguments as to why one omnipotence is more omnipotent than another omnipotence, you're pretty well into "WTF?" territory.

guy222
http://www.imagewaiter.com/images/se6501ga2c60csxbt6y_thumb.jpg

celestialdemon
Breaking the 4th wall is generally done for comedic effect only and shouldn't be considered an actual feat. She-Hulk has torn off a page in her book to get rid of a villain and has locked her own writer in a closet. Deadpool is aware of how many pages are in his comic and has answered his own fan mail. He even knows that Tobey Maguire played Spider-Man in the movie. Yet neither one of them are nearly as powerful as Mxy.

I think when discussing feats, all 4th wall events should be left out since they aren't meant to be taken seriously.

guy222
Mxy is a cartoon character meant for fun

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
Mxy is a cartoon character meant for fun He causes nothing but heartache here though guy.

Damn you mxy damn you.

GalacticStorm
Mxy without a doubt.

I Being has never done anything particularly impressive on panel. It is a flawed being, the feats achieved by the Infinity Gauntlet cannot be attributed to the I Being as though the power source is the same, the ability to utilise said power source differs greatly between the two.

skyfather
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Mr. Mxy punched Paul Dini.
Something no other comic book character has ever done.

big deal, she hulk did the same thing and tore up the comic

fangirl101
Originally posted by skyfather
big deal, she hulk did the same thing and tore up the comic
She-Hulk hasn't done any retcons, restructured reality, or ressurected her self from the dead.

celestialdemon
She-Hulk hasn't done any retcons, restructured reality, or ressurected her self from the dead.

True, which is why Mxy is far more powerful than She-Hulk. The point is using 4th wall feats as examples of power is pointless since far lesser beings than Mxy have similar feats.

fangirl101
Originally posted by celestialdemon
True, which is why Mxy is far more powerful than She-Hulk. The point is using 4th wall feats as examples of power is pointless since far lesser beings than Mxy have similar feats.
Yes. But it's part of Mxy's powerset. No where is she hulk listed in any hand book as being able to break the 4th wall.

King Kandy
Dr.Doom>TOAA. He did kidnap Stan Lee after all.

fangirl101
Dr.Doom>TOAA. He did kidnap Stan Lee after all.
Doom also stole the beyonder's power.

celestialdemon
Yes. But it's part of Mxy's powerset. No where is she hulk listed in any hand book as being able to break the 4th wall.

If people wish to continue to use the feats, that's fine, but I think their argument would get more credibility by stating "Mxy could beat (insert name) because he's destroyed all of DC before" rather than "Mxy could beat (insert name) because he punched Paul Dini before."

fangirl101
If people wish to continue to use the feats, that's fine, but I think their argument would get more credibility by stating "Mxy could beat (insert name) because he's destroyed all of DC before" rather than "Mxy could beat (insert name) because he punched Paul Dini before."
I haven't seen anyone who is seriously arguing for mxy use that as a feat have you? Point me in the right direction so I can see for myself.

quanchi112
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Mxy without a doubt.

I Being has never done anything particularly impressive on panel. It is a flawed being, the feats achieved by the Infinity Gauntlet cannot be attributed to the I Being as though the power source is the same, the ability to utilise said power source differs greatly between the two. How can you say that IB doesnt have the same ability to use the power source?

I would think IB would be better than any ig user as well. Id like to hear your thoughts on this.

quanchi112
Doom also stole the beyonder's power. That was a futuristic Doom.

celestialdemon
I haven't seen anyone who is seriously arguing for mxy use that as a feat have you? Point me in the right direction so I can see for myself.

Just pointing out occult's earlier post.

GalacticStorm
How can you say that IB doesnt have the same ability to use the power source?

I would think IB would be better than any ig user as well. Id like to hear your thoughts on this.

Because on panel the Infinity Beings performance was shambolic. As an entity the individual gems were in constant conflict with each other.

In its attempt to create a reality, the Infinity Being had to take bits and pieces from the Ultraverse and 616 and ended up with an unstable creation a few thousand miles wide and a few metres deep whose structure shortly snapped.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3523/ultraforceavengers27ig6.th.jpg

The Infinity Being is flawed due to the multiple consciouness' contained within its being. This impairs its abilities:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/64/ultraforceavengers36dx2.th.jpg

The feats of the gauntlet in light of this, cannot be attributed to the Infinity Being. Same power source, different ability to harness it.

occultdestroyer
Just pointing out occult's earlier post.
Just like what fangirl said, Mr. Mxy punching Paul Dini is clearly within Mxy's powerset.

She-Hulk tearing pages from a comic book is only for shits and giggles.

BTW don't call out my name if you intend to bash on me *****.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Just like what fangirl said, Mr. Mxy punching Paul Dini is clearly within Mxy's powerset.

She-Hulk tearing pages from a comic book is only for shits and giggles.

BTW don't call out my name if you intend to bash on me *****.

Did I bash you at all? No. If you post in the thread, then I will use your name all I want. I simply posted that using 4th wall feats as proof of someone's power level is ridiculous because lesser beings can do them also.

Both She-Hulk and Deadpool have done it consistently, regardless of the reason, just as Mxy has. However, Mxy has far greater feats to use in his defense than something like this.

quanchi112
Because on panel the Infinity Beings performance was shambolic. As an entity the individual gems were in constant conflict with each other.

In its attempt to create a reality, the Infinity Being had to take bits and pieces from the Ultraverse and 616 and ended up with an unstable creation a few thousand miles wide and a few metres deep whose structure shortly snapped.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3523/ultraforceavengers27ig6.th.jpg

The Infinity Being is flawed due to the multiple consciouness' contained within its being. This impairs its abilities:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/64/ultraforceavengers36dx2.th.jpg

The feats of the gauntlet in light of this, cannot be attributed to the Infinity Being. Same power source, different ability to harness it. When the gems were separated they were in and of themselves sentient and in conflict with each other. But before Ib committed suicide there were no gems so saying that the IB was in conflict with itself is entirely incorrect.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos_Quest_2_13.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos_Quest_2_14.jpg

Now to compare any incomplete ig user to the IB is faulty as well. Saying the IB didnt know how to wield his own power properly doesnt make one bit of sense. He also wouldnt be in conflict within himsel fbecause there were no gems only him.

GalacticStorm
When the gems were separated they were in and of themselves sentient and in conflict with each other. But before Ib committed suicide there were no gems so saying that the IB was in conflict with itself is entirely incorrect.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos_Quest_2_13.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos_Quest_2_14.jpg

Now to compare any incomplete ig user to the IB is faulty as well. Saying the IB didnt know how to wield his own power properly doesnt make one bit of sense. He also wouldnt be in conflict within himsel fbecause there were no gems only him.

Can you tell me what feats the I Being has?

The I being you speak of existed only according to Thanos' long dated speech because it was retconned many moons ago.

So either Nemesis is accepted as the I Being considering the I Beings essence was split into the gems, or debating the I Being is as pointless an exercise as debating Superman Prime(the original) or any other character who was practically non existent on panel. erm

KK the Great

one tiem he shot this big energe blast and was exploded like a billion multiverses. and he lifted biggest rock of them all.

Philosophía
That wasn't funny the first time either.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by KK the Great
one tiem he shot this big energe blast and was exploded like a billion multiverses. and he lifted biggest rock of them all.

smokin'

KK the Great
Originally posted by PhilosophÃ_a
That wasn't funny the first time either.

Reported.

Please stop with the insults, please.

Thank you.

quanchi112

The I being you speak of existed only according to Thanos' long dated speech because it was retconned many moons ago.

So either Nemesis is accepted as the I Being considering the I Beings essence was split into the gems, or debating the I Being is as pointless an exercise as debating Superman Prime(the original) or any other character who was practically non existent on panel. erm Does the presence need feats also?

Are you really asking for feats from a being that committed astral suicide and in his destruction the gems were formed which gives one total mastery over all of the elements of the universe.

The Ibeing isnt nemesis. If this thread was the Nemesis youd have a point but since you it isnt you dont have a point.

Asking for feats for the Infinity Being is as pointless as asking for feats from the presence against Mr. Mxy imho.

GalacticStorm
Does the presence need feats also?

Are you really asking for feats from a being that committed astral suicide and in his destruction the gems were formed which gives one total mastery over all of the elements of the universe.

The Ibeing isnt nemesis. If this thread was the Nemesis youd have a point but since you it isnt you dont have a point.

Asking for feats for the Infinity Being is as pointless as asking for feats from the presence against Mr. Mxy imho.

Given that the I Being is not the supreme being, given that its power is by canon stated to derive from the energies of the Big Bang, it is of a level where feats are required to measure its standing against other cosmic beings.

Your honest opinion is flawed. erm

The closest thing we have to the original I Being is Nemesis. Outside of that we have nothing, therefore a debate about its power based on non existent feats is a futile exercise.

Either way, by canon the I Beings power stems from the universes Big Bang. Any being demonstrating power greater than that of a universal source is greater than the I Being.

Mxy FTW.

joesdabest1
Given that the I Being is not the supreme being, given that its power is by canon stated to derive from the energies of the Big Bang, it is of a level where feats are required to measure its standing against other cosmic beings.

The closest thing we have to the original I Being is Nemesis. Outside of that we have nothing, therefore a debate about its power based on non existent feats is a futile exercise.

Either way, by canon the I Beings power stems from the universes Big Bang. Any being demonstrating power greater than that of a universal source is greater than the I Being.

Mxy FTW.

Mxy gets 1 shotted.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by joesdabest1
Mxy gets 1 shotted.

Pay a visit to Mxys respect thread, because your comment suggests you dont know anything about the character.

The I Beings power derives from the Big Bang. It is a universal force. Mxy is far greater than that. Mxy by canon is far greater than any 3rd dimensional cosmic being.

erm

King Kandy
How can the I-Being derive from the big bang if it caused the big bang?

GalacticStorm
How can the I-Being derive from the big bang if it caused the big bang?

It never. That is not canon. The origin and nature of the I Being were retconned.

King Kandy
Since when?

quanchi112

Mxy FTW. Are you saying that the I being cant do what an incomplete set of the ig can?

The Infinity Being doesnt have to be supreme to defeat Mxy. There are many threads created where we as posters must use our imaginations. This is one of them. We know what the Ibeing can do though so how does it lose?

Do you really think the Ibeing couldnt replicate what the dov Spectre
did to Mxy? Really?

The whole argument of multiversal vs universal has no merit whatsoever. This battle takes place in one universe and the IBeing has complete mastery over time,space,reality,soul,mind,and power. There isnt any conceivable way for Mxy to take this imo.

GalacticStorm
Are you saying that the I being cant do what an incomplete set of the ig can?

The Infinity Being doesnt have to be supreme to defeat Mxy. There are many threads created where we as posters must use our imaginations. This is one of them. We know what the Ibeing can do though so how does it lose?

Do you really think the Ibeing couldnt replicate what the dov Spectre
did to Mxy? Really?

The whole argument of multiversal vs universal has no merit whatsoever. This battle takes place in one universe and the IBeing has complete mastery over time,space,reality,soul,mind,and power. There isnt any conceivable way for Mxy to take this imo.

The IG has peroformed no feat on panel that places it on Mxy's level. Mxy by canon is beyond any 3rd dimensional being so pitting him against one is futile.

The Spectre is an aspect of DC's supreme being, so a comparison between him and his capabilities and the I Being, just one of many Marvel cosmics is similarly futile. erm

GalacticStorm
Since when?

I've posted it before.

The I Being was retconned into a being OF the universe as opposed to being all that is. This happened in the Ultraforce comics which are canon for Marvel.

On top of that, Adam Warlock who is an authority on the nature of the gems said their power derives from the Big Bang(in She Hulk v3 #8 i believe) a point that was referenced in Champions last bio.

King Kandy
The Spectre is an aspect of DC's supreme being, so a comparison between him and his capabilities and the I Being, just one of many Marvel cosmics is similarly futile. erm
Maybe that's true for regular Spectre, but DoV Spectre had trouble with all manner of wizards and heroes and nearly died to an amped Captain Marvel, but he depowered mxy. I hope you don't think this means that Captain Marvel>any marvel abstract, like you just said Spectre was.

GalacticStorm
Maybe that's true for regular Spectre, but DoV Spectre had trouble with all manner of wizards and heroes and nearly died to an amped Captain Marvel, but he depowered mxy. I hope you don't think this means that Captain Marvel>any marvel abstract, like you just said Spectre was.

I said no such thing.

That situation was a contradiction of all of Mxys past encounters with 3rd dimensional beings. Its always been canon for him that he is greater than them.

On top of that, Spectre never outpowered Mxy directly did he? I thought it was down to the Spectres disruption of magic across reality.

King Kandy
As you would say about IB, Mxy being above Spectre seems retconned, and that was a weak Spectre to boot.

GalacticStorm
As you would say about IB, Mxy being above Spectre seems retconned, and that was a weak Spectre to boot.

That is feasible because Spectre is after all an aspect of DCs supreme being.

Now how is that relevant to the I Being who is not? confused

King Kandy
No it is not feasible. Spectre may be God's wrath, but this Spectre<Amped Captain Marvel, and it's the version that depowered Mxy.

joesdabest1
The IG has peroformed no feat on panel that places it on Mxy's level. Mxy by canon is beyond any 3rd dimensional being so pitting him against one is futile.

This is incorrect. IB wins. 1 shot.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by joesdabest1
This is incorrect. IB wins. 1 shot.

Explain how its incorrect. Dont just cast your vote.

Right now it just seems like you're biased. You prefer one character over the other and thats that erm

KK the Great

Right now it just seems like you're biased. You prefer one character over the other and thats that erm

Yeah, he must be a huge Infinity Being fanboy.

Probably been collecting his comics since way back with Infinity Being #1 in 1968.

fangirl101
Originally posted by KK the Great
Yeah, he must be a huge Infinity Being fanboy.

Probably been collecting his comics since way back with Infinity Being #1 in 1968.
Bias can come in the form of what company a character comes from.

KK the Great
Bias can come in the form of what company a character comes from.

You don't say?

Philosophía

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=userid%3A108768

Yeah, he is a troll. laughing out loud

quanchi112

The Spectre is an aspect of DC's supreme being, so a comparison between him and his capabilities and the I Being, just one of many Marvel cosmics is similarly futile. erm Again you didnt answer my question.

Are you saying the Infinity Being cant do what we have seen an incomplete ig do on panel?

Huh? The Spectre depowered him when he was on his own in dov. He was hostless and under eclipso's spell.

By the same logic I could say that I have never seen the Presence perform a single feat on panel. So I guess unless a character has feats then they stand no chance against Mr. Mxy. Correct?

GalacticStorm
Again you didnt answer my question.

Are you saying the Infinity Being cant do what we have seen an incomplete ig do on panel?

Huh? The Spectre depowered him when he was on his own in dov. He was hostless and under eclipso's spell.

By the same logic I could say that I have never seen the Presence perform a single feat on panel. So I guess unless a character has feats then they stand no chance against Mr. Mxy. Correct?

Nope. Im saying that the I Being has no feats on panel so how can you pit him against anything?

Spectre never fought Mxy directly, his actions disrupted magic in DC and that affected Mxy. Thats different.

You cant liken a universal cosmic(by canon) to a supreme being. It goes without sayingthat the Presence is literally omnipotent and can only feasibly fail against another comic labels supreme being. I Being is another cosmic whose power derives from the universe.

Big difference.

Feats are required.

quanchi112
Nope. Im saying that the I Being has no feats on panel so how can you pit him against anything?

Spectre never fought Mxy directly, his actions disrupted magic in DC and that affected Mxy. Thats different.

You cant liken a universal cosmic(by canon) to a supreme being. It goes without sayingthat the Presence is literally omnipotent and can only feasibly fail against another comic labels supreme being. I Being is another cosmic whose power derives from the universe.

Big difference.

Feats are required.

Your theory is comprised of the notion that if a being lacks feats then it cant beat a being with feats. Then your rationale for excusing the presence from this bizarre set of logic is simple. He is supreme and doesnt need feats? Am I right?

Again even suggesting the Ibeing cant do what the gems did in the infinity gauntlet is ignorant.

GalacticStorm
Your theory is comprised of the notion that if a being lacks feats then it cant beat a being with feats. Then your rationale for excusing the presence from this bizarre set of logic is simple. He is supreme and doesnt need feats? Am I right?

Again even suggesting the Ibeing cant do what the gems did in the infinity gauntlet is ignorant.

Its a standard here that Supreme beings are omnipotent and the top of their respective comic labels therefore they dont need feats.

When you're dealing with lower rungs of the hierarchy then of course ou need feats to illustrate where characters stand in relation to each other.

I Being has no feats. Im not saying that means he cant beat a being with feats. Im saying you cant really argue with him effectively as you have nothing to draw on. It would all just be unsupported opinion and therefore a waste of time.

quanchi112
Its a standard here that Supreme beings are omnipotent and the top of their respective comic labels therefore they dont need feats.

When you're dealing with lower rungs of the hierarchy then of course ou need feats to illustrate where characters stand in relation to each other.

I Being has no feats. Im not saying that means he cant beat a being with feats. Im saying you cant really argue with him effectively as you have nothing to draw on. It would all just be unsupported opinion and therefore a waste of time. So your saying that an incomplete set of gems can perform these feats while the Ibeing cant? So Nebula with the ig would wield this power more effectively against the Ibeing herself?

And I guess all threads of this nature down below here are undebatable. Because we have no feats to help decide that Magneto could do here.
Originally posted by Sup3rman1521
Magneto with Mr. Mxyzptlk's powers has no rest between fights. How far does he make it? evil face

1) Odin
2) 80% powered Tyrant
3) 95% powered Galactus
4) Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet
5) Lucifer Morningstar
6) Phoenix Force itself + Parallax Creature itself
7) Joker if he had Cosmic Cube
8) All celestials + Elders of the Universe (with their gems) + Living Tribunal

Sorry if this is unorganized and the levels are not in correct order sad Thank goodness for feats.

GalacticStorm
So your saying that an incomplete set of gems can perform these feats while the Ibeing cant? So Nebula with the ig would wield this power more effectively against the Ibeing herself?

And I guess all threads of this nature down below here are undebatable. Because we have no feats to help decide that Magneto could do here.
Thank goodness for feats.

What is all of this talk about an incomplete IG. Why do you keep blabbing on about that? How is that relevant to a discussion about you not being able to debate about a character who has no feats? confused

I've explained myself quite clearly. Feel like being fallacious?

As you wish smile

quanchi112
What is all of this talk about an incomplete IG. Why do you keep blabbing on about that? How is that relevant to a discussion about you not being able to debate about a character who has no feats? confused

I've explained myself quite clearly. Feel like being fallacious?

As you wish smile Then if you feel you cant debate for a character that has no feats you shouldnt post against him or for him. The point is we know what the Ibeing is capable of without seeing it on panel. But you refuse to answer my question obviously because you realize how off your logic and reasoning is here.

GalacticStorm
Then if you feel you cant debate for a character that has no feats you shouldnt post against him or for him. The point is we know what the Ibeing is capable of without seeing it on panel. But you refuse to answer my question obviously because you realize how off your logic and reasoning is here.

Not the case.

Wielders of Cosmic Cubes use the power differently to Cube Beings. Wielders of the Cube have done more impressive things than the likes of Shaper of Worlds and Kubik.

What im saying is that you cant use feats accomplished with the IG as direct representations of what the I Being can do. We haven't seen the I Being do anything on panel so how can you have a debate about him? Surely versus debates need to have feats for you to base your opinions on otherwise its going to be an endless back and forth with people just supporting their favourite character no matter what. erm

quanchi112
Not the case.

Wielders of Cosmic Cubes use the power differently to Cube Beings. Wielders of the Cube have done more impressive things than the likes of Shaper of Worlds and Kubik.

What im saying is that you cant use feats accomplished with the IG as direct representations of what the I Being can do. We haven't seen the I Being do anything on panel so how can you have a debate about him? Surely versus debates need to have feats for you to base your opinions on otherwise its going to be an endless back and forth with people just supporting their favourite character no matter what. erm So now you are comparing cosmic cube beings to the ig/Infinity Being?

We know that the gems gave a user power over and since his suicide formed the gems then he has mastery over time,space,mind,soul,reality, and power. He takes this hands down.

Ill drop this if you change your stance from Mxy winning to undebatable.

GalacticStorm
So now you are comparing cosmic cube beings to the ig/Infinity Being?

We know that the gems gave a user power over and since his suicide formed the gems then he has mastery over time,space,mind,soul,reality, and power. He takes this hands down.

Ill drop this if you change your stance from Mxy winning to undebatable.

I have no problem carrying on. I wont compromise my opinion, because you choose to continuously respond to me with nothing much to say wink

The whole point of my comparison was that you cant necessarily equate an inanimate tool formed from the essence of a power, to that power itself.

The cube beings and the cosmic cubes have different levels of feat.

As did the IG and Nemesis the sentient I Gems.

Where does I Being fit into all of thise? Who knows? He's never done anything on panel. So how do we know if he'd perform more like the IG manned by Thanos, or Nemesis?

All we know is that his power stems from a universal source, so whilst its likely that he can defeat beings Eternity level and below. Anything thats shown power substantially beyond that level is likely to be his superior.

Mxy FTW laughing out loud

quanchi112
I have no problem carrying on. I wont compromise my opinion, because you choose to continuously respond to me with nothing much to say wink

The whole point of my comparison was that you cant necessarily equate an inanimate tool formed from the essence of a power, to that power itself.

The cube beings and the cosmic cubes have different levels of feat.

As did the IG and Nemesis the sentient I Gems.

Where does I Being fit into all of thise? Who knows? He's never done anything on panel. So how do we know if he'd perform more like the IG manned by Thanos, or Nemesis?

All we know is that his power stems from a universal source, so whilst its likely that he can defeat beings Eternity level and below. Anything thats shown power substantially beyond that level is likely to be his superior.

Mxy FTW laughing out loud The nemesis isnt the same as the Ibeing so quit acting like they are one in the same.

Your whole argument is based on the notion of the Infinity Being being worse than Nebula with the gems. She had trouble adjusting to this newfound might. Mxy can be depowered quite easily too I might add. Spectre,Prime with Annataz also accomplished depowering Mxy. And yet you still think a being with complete mastery over time,space,reality,etc. loses? How? Give me one good reason to believe this being had no idea how to use his powers. Keep in mind these are powers he always existed with.

GalacticStorm
The nemesis isnt the same as the Ibeing so quit acting like they are one in the same.

They basically are im afraid. Different mental state, but all of the I Beings essence was contained within those gems and they went on to reform into a being with crap feats.

Where does I Being fit in?

Thanos with IG or Nemesis?

Who knows? And thats my point.

Your whole argument is based on the notion of the Infinity Being being worse than Nebula with the gems.

No its not. I haven't mentioned Nebula once. I also haven't mentioned incomplete gems so why you keep connecting both with my posts i really dont know.

She had trouble adjusting to this newfound might. Mxy can be depowered quite easily too I might add. Spectre,Prime with Annataz also accomplished depowering Mxy. And yet you still think a being with complete mastery over time,space,reality,etc. loses? How? Give me one good reason to believe this being had no idea how to use his powers. Keep in mind these are powers he always existed with.

Spectre is a representation of the supreme being. He can be a deus ex machina at times. That makes his defeat of Mxy feasible. Mxys 5th dimensional nature and the requirement for an interesting story also makes his defeats of Spectre both understandable and feasible.

Going by canon, I Being taps into the energies of the universe. He is not beyond the universal by his very nature. So whilst we have no feats from him, we can at least establish some of his superiors based on his nature.

Mxy wins.

quanchi112
They basically are im afraid. Different mental state, but all of the I Beings essence was contained within those gems and they went on to reform into a being with crap feats.

Where does I Being fit in?

Thanos with IG or Nemesis?

Who knows? And thats my point.

No its not. I haven't mentioned Nebula once. I also haven't mentioned incomplete gems so why you keep connecting both with my posts i really dont know.

Spectre is a representation of the supreme being. He can be a deus ex machina at times. That makes his defeat of Mxy feasible. Mxys 5th dimensional nature and the requirement for an interesting story also makes his defeats of Spectre both understandable and feasible.

Going by canon, I Being taps into the energies of the universe. He is not beyond the universal by his very nature. So whilst we have no feats from him, we can at least establish some of his superiors based on his nature.

Mxy wins. The Ibeing isnt the Nemesis. You do realize they arent the same being. Nebula,Warlock,and Thanos all possess the ig. Nebula obviously was the least impressive with the gems. She easily defeated all who opposed her in direct combat. But you are saying that because you havent seen the Ibeing on panel that this somehow could mean that maybe just maybe, he isnt as good as Nebula. I am asking for you to compare Nebula with the ig to the Infinite Being. Who would wield this power more effectively?

I am not talking about the Spectre here only. I also referred to Prime and Annataz easily depowering him and snatching him from his 5th dimension. Anntaz isnt even universal and she sure seemed with the help of Prime to depower Mxy. So again why you are so intent on saying only a multiversal being can defeat Mxy when we have seen other beings do so. These beings were also less than universal in power,far less.

GalacticStorm
The Ibeing isnt the Nemesis. You do realize they arent the same being. Nebula,Warlock,and Thanos all possess the ig. Nebula obviously was the least impressive with the gems. She easily defeated all who opposed her in direct combat. But you are saying that because you havent seen the Ibeing on panel that this somehow could mean that maybe just maybe, he isnt as good as Nebula. I am asking for you to compare Nebula with the ig to the Infinite Being. Who would wield this power more effectively?

The essence of the I Being is the essence of Nemesis. Whilst im assuming that their mentalitys were different, other than that they were the same. All that is the I Being became the gems. The gems became Nemesis. Simple.

I never once said that the I Being couldnt do what Nebula did with the Gauntlet. I dont know and neither do you which is my point.

You cant be so outraged at my comments when you yourself dont know what its capable of.

What would it be like, Nemesis, or an Infinity Gauntlet wielder. WHO KNOWS?

We cant debate feats with this character in light of that, however we can debate by its nature. It draws power from the Big Bang. It therefore cannot stand up to an entity who has demonstrated greater than universal power.

For those reasons i'd go with Mxy personally.

You beg to differ? Cool. Thats your cjoice.

Just tell us what the I Being can conclusvely do? shifty

I am not talking about the Spectre here only. I also referred to Prime and Annataz easily depowering him and snatching him from his 5th dimension. Anntaz isnt even universal and she sure seemed with the help of Prime to depower Mxy. So again why you are so intent on saying only a multiversal being can defeat Mxy when we have seen other beings do so. These beings were also less than universal in power,far less.

And what exactly have you seen Mxy do since his depowering that confirms that his full powers have returned?

Is it or is it not the case that magic in DC has not returned to a stable state and instead remains wild?

King Kandy
GS stop saying that Spectre can beat Mxy because of the Presence, this was DoV Spectre not any of the higher versions, this version of Spectre can't even beat an amped Captain Marvel. Not to mention that Annataz easily depowered mxy and after his magic returned Mxy was so scared of Superman Prime that he ran away to the fifth dimension and said he'd never return.

GalacticStorm
GS stop saying that Spectre can beat Mxy because of the Presence, this was DoV Spectre not any of the higher versions, this version of Spectre can't even beat an amped Captain Marvel. Not to mention that Annataz easily depowered mxy and after his magic returned Mxy was so scared of Superman Prime that he ran away to the fifth dimension and said he'd never return.

Not saying that. I said it would be feasible that he could beat Mxy because of the nature of his being. Look back and you'll see for yourself. I also argued for Mxy versus Spectre, so calm down and look back.

Have you read my response to Quanchi? Can you confirm for me that Mxys full powers have been returned? I was under the impression that the magic situation in DC hadnt vastly improved from the position it was in which saw Mxy depowered in the first place. erm

King Kandy
Mxy was repowered once he entered the fifth dimension again, it was as simple as that in the Spectre incident. It's the Annataz incident that is truly damning because then she easily removed his magic, and he was already back to full power and immortal, which he clearly wasn't when he was nearly killed after his first depowerment.

fangirl101

Wait. Mxy returned right at the end of the story. He's reading a story about himself in the very same comic. Did you miss that?

And Annataz didn't depower Mxy. She sapped his will to summon his power. And the Spectre fought how many beings before he fought the UBEr amped captain marvel? Was the spectre fresh or had he been going around using up vast amounts of power.

GalacticStorm
Mxy was repowered once he entered the fifth dimension again, it was as simple as that in the Spectre incident. It's the Annataz incident that is truly damning because then she easily removed his magic, and he was already back to full power and immortal, which he clearly wasn't when he was nearly killed after his first depowerment.

And where were you told all of this? If a 5th dimensional being can be depowered by the disruption of magic, then how can running back to the 5th dimension return him to full power when the magic situation in reality is still comparatively unstable?

If you have confirmation that all magic has become stable again then can you refer me to the source please?

King Kandy
Galan is the one that told me that Mxy was fine once he got to the fifth dimension, you'll have to ask him.

Galan007
mxy was only 'depowered' in the first place, because he happened to be in the 3rd dimension when spectre's rant took place. unless of course one believes mxy was somehow affected whilst in the 5th dimension, then for reasons unbeknownst to myself, came to the 3rd dimension? and if one believes this, then one must also believe every imp was subsequently 'depowered' whilst in the 5th dimension as well. and surely if one believes that, one would have solid proof of it. and if one has said proof, i'd sure like to see it.

what i do know is that upon mxy's 'depowerment' complete depowerment, mind you], and subsequent 'death' at the hands of ruin - he did return to the 5th-d, where he did regain his former powers - as there's nothing i've seen suggesting otherwise. hell, he seemed to be back to his normal self in the most recent issue of superman/batman.

anyhow, i'm done with this particular part of the debate. mxy ftw.

bbrem123
it depends what I being we r using here...if it was the one thanos talks about he wins in a shit stomp...but if it is nemesis then mxy wins

quanchi112
The essence of the I Being is the essence of Nemesis. Whilst im assuming that their mentalitys were different, other than that they were the same. All that is the I Being became the gems. The gems became Nemesis. Simple.

I never once said that the I Being couldnt do what Nebula did with the Gauntlet. I dont know and neither do you which is my point.

You cant be so outraged at my comments when you yourself dont know what its capable of.

What would it be like, Nemesis, or an Infinity Gauntlet wielder. WHO KNOWS?

We cant debate feats with this character in light of that, however we can debate by its nature. It draws power from the Big Bang. It therefore cannot stand up to an entity who has demonstrated greater than universal power.

For those reasons i'd go with Mxy personally.

You beg to differ? Cool. Thats your cjoice.

Just tell us what the I Being can conclusvely do? shifty

And what exactly have you seen Mxy do since his depowering that confirms that his full powers have returned?

Is it or is it not the case that magic in DC has not returned to a stable state and instead remains wild? Uhm you are assuming the worst here and therefore basing the victor off of that when you yourself dont know. So if you stuck to your theory youd tell me I dont know who wins here but instead you want to give a being with mastery over time,etc. the loss because Mxy has some impressive feats?

The Ib easily takes Mxy's will from him and stops him from using magic faster than Annataz. Unless you feel that Annataz>IBeing. erm

JoeyfromHolland
I don't think IB's death created the Omniverse. In that scan I'm not permitted to quote Thanos states it's "Infinity and forever", not "Infinity beyond forever" or "infinity beyond infinity" (Mr. Master's definition of the Omniverse through various scans wink ). I do believe it's death led to the birth of LT, which got appointed as a representative of TOAA.

It's death may have led to a multiverse (or megaverse), like one of those purple dots you can see when Adam Warlock travels through the vortex. Which could explain various council of Reed members wearing IG and the IG not working when Darkseid wore it in that JLA/Avengers crossover.

It makes as much sense (to me at least) as Thanos with HOTU not being able to absorb everything/Omniverse.

If things are confusing I'm sorry. there is a little thing called the language barrier lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.