Windu & Dooku vs. Yoda & Jango Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Foodster
Quite unlikely situation, but in my opinion they are quite tied.
As much as I hate, I'll have to go with Yoda and Jango on this one.
I think that Yoda is stronger then they, but only if he fights them one at a time. If they are combined they would destroy Yoda.
But don't forget about Jango, and his arsenal of weaponry...Flamethrowers can be nasty.... big grin

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Team one.

darthsith19
Team one wins, no question. Dooku already proved himself capable of putting up a decent fight against Yoda while in the film Mace pwns Jango. Jango's jetpack was broken, in this case it isn't, but the fight still wouldn't last to long - Kenobi would have beaten Jango if Boba hadn't been helping from inside the Slave 1 and Mace is far stronger than AOTC Kenobi is. He would kill Jango far more quickly than Yoda could kill Dooku. Or else Dooku could just fry Jango with lightning while Mace holds off Yoda.

Once Jango is demolished, Mace and Dooku together beat Yoda comfortably or even easily. Dooku could just fight to the death while Mace watches and then Yoda would be to tired to beat Mace, who is nearly as strong as Yoda in the first place. Or else they could switch off, as soon as Yoda nearly gets past Dooku's defenses Dooku runs away and Mace charges in and if Yoda nearly beats him then he switches with Dooku. Yoda would get tired this way but yeah, team one wins for sure.

Foodster
Yeah...But on the other hand it's quite hard to fight against the strongest Jedi, and at the same time watch for Jango's missiles.
Even Dooku's form of fighting doesn't do well against the missiles from blaster weapons, in other words it isn't even designed to do that.

Yeah...Now, that you stated the whole scenario what would happen, I guess my money would also go with the team 2. But it would be quite a fight big grin

Quark_666
I agree that Mace can take Jango, and I agree that Yoda can't take Mace and Dooku at the same time. But there is only a 50% chance that the scenario will be like that. The rest of the 50% chance is that it will be Yoda vs. Mace and Dooku vs. Jango. Then Dooku is stuck with Jango, and I have my doubts about the ability of any makashi user to fight Jango. Dooku might loose. Then it would be Jango and Windu vs. Yoda. That would be an even closer fight then the other scenario. I don't see any possible way to decide who would win that one. It would be another fifty-fifty fight.

Since that scenario only has a fifty-fifty chance anyway, though, I'd still give Windu and Jango a 75% chance, give or take.

Foodster
Well...I like to think, that it would be something like this.

Yoda would try to hold his own against the 2 Jedi masters, and Jango would be above them...All over the place anyway, because of the jets. So he would be giving Yoda backup with his precise shots...
The problem is, that he has no real defense against force, so he is open to any lightning, grabbs...

tulakhordpwns
Mace and Dooku

both Mace and Dooku could hold off yoda while the other kills Jango
then it would be a two on one fight that yoda would lose

darthsith19
They wouldn't need to. One of them fight the strongest Jedi while the otehr pwns Jango, and then they double-team against the strongest jedi and take him down hard.he

Then he could fight Yoda while Mace pwns Jango, and then they double-team Yoda and take him down hard.

You mean team 1, right?

That's absolutely riduculous. For one thing, yes, Makashi isn't as good against blaster wielding opponents as, say, Soresu or Djem So are, but just because one used Makashi doesn't mean they can't block blaster bolts, Dooku's still probably just as good as blocking blaster bolts as AOTC Kenobi is, and he blocked them fine from Jango. And he wouldn't have to use hsi saber, he could just fry Jango's ass with lightning. To even think that Jango > Dooku is riduculous.

Yes, and there's just one problem with that scenario - Mace and Dooku wouldn't be dumb enough to engage Yoda 2 on 1 while Jango's still alive. And Dooku/Mace/Yoda would be moving so fast that Jango might do as much damage as he'd do good, shooting at them, and his missle would likely doom all of them. Bad idea. A better idea would have been to put Maul in this fight or Sora Bulq or something, General Grievous ect. Cause Jango won't last more than 30 seconds against either Dooku or Mace.

Gideon
Team one probably wins, but you have to understand that Mace's Vaapad will not work in the same fashion that it did against Darth Sidious. Yoda is a Jedi, therefore he will not fall susceptible to the dark side properties as Sidious did.

I could see Yoda and Jango winning, because Yoda is - as AC, Advent, and myself have proven - a firm two or three steps above Dooku. If Jango is on his A-game, he could prove to be a sizeable distraction enough to incapacitate or occupy the combatants. Remember: Mace pwned Jango in a melee confrontation. If Jango has his jetpack, he is capable of mobility that would keep him as a threat.

Assuming that Dooku or Mace did crush Jango, though, they would be hardpressed to defeat Yoda. One of 'em might even die.

darthsith19
Dude, Dooku could just zap Jango or Mace could Force Crush him, there's no way Jango and Yoda even have a chance. The sw.com databank says that Yoda and Mace are "on par", aka equals. And Dooku >>> Jango.

kamhal
Yeah, i think that team 1 may win but if them, it would be a VERY hard fight. First, mace can't just use yoda's power against him, which is a huge disadvantage... Hmm, i think this is a really tough fight, i mean, yoda with boba fett helping him, flying around, sending blasts and missiles... I don't know, really.

darthsith19
Originally posted by kamhal
Yeah, i think that team 1 may win but if them, it would be a VERY hard fight. First, mace can't just use yoda's power against him, which is a huge disadvantage... Hmm, i think this is a really tough fight, i mean, yoda with boba fett helping him, flying around, sending blasts and missiles... I don't know, really.
Okay, yes, Yoda isn't a darksider, but that doesn't mean Mace is way weaker against him than against Sidious, it only makes a small difference.

And it's Jango, not Boba. And, as I already stated before, Yoda will NOT be fighting Dooku and Mace 2 on 1 while Jango shoots at them:

Gideon
Proof?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Gideon
Proof?
Well, why can't Mace use Yoda's power against him anyways, Yoda still fights offensively. Proof that it makes a huge difference?

kamhal
Because yoda is not a darksider... Also, windu said yoda was quite better then himself both with the force and with his lightsaber. I agree that windu is not that far from yoda, but without his vaadpad, windu's lightsaber skill would be closer to dooku's one rather then closer to sidious or yoda's one.

tulakhordpwns
it is also possible that Mace and Dooku would team up right away to kill yoda, since they would all be in close combat together it would be hard for Jango to shoot them without risking hitting yoda
after they would easily kill Jango

darthsith19
Where does it say that only dark siders can have their power used against them?

He also states that Depa is stronger than he is, yet when they fight he is injured and trying not to hurt her and is still the last one standing. He also states that he couldn't beat Kar Vastor on his best day, yet he does beat Kar on what he calls one of his worst days. To top it off, in the ROTS script/novel 9can't remember which one) he states that Kenobi has better saber skills than he does. The point is, Mace is very humble about his skills and just because he says someone is stronger than him doesn't mean that it's true. The databank, on the otehr hand, says that Mace and Yoda are on par, aka, their equals.

Even if that was true, he and Dooku would still win.

Gideon
I'll copy the book's statements when I get back.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
Mace and Dooku

both Mace and Dooku could hold off yoda while the other kills Jango
then it would be a two on one fight that yoda would lose

I think you are underestimating Jango's marksmanship, one of them would need to pay attention to Jango or he could easily shoot one of them in the back. Plus Yoda's size would make it a little harder for Jango to team kill. But I do agree Mace and Dooku takes this.

tulakhordpwns
but the three saberist aren't going to be standing in 1 spot, they will be moving around very fast

Darth Hord
I know that but Yoda is like up to their knees cool he wont get in the way. But if they both IMMEDIATELY focus their attention on Yoda as you say than Jango can easily take them down.

tulakhordpwns
true

darthsith19
Sorry, what I meant by "both Mace and Dooku could hold off yoda while the other kills Jango" was that both Mace and Dooku are strong enough to hold off Yoda while the other pwns Jango (one on one). I didn't mean for them both to fight Yoda and fend off Jango at the same time. My bad, it did sound confusing, huh?

Good point, but notice that Yoda usually leaps around near the head of his opponent when he fights someone. Also, there's no way Jango could use his rocket or flamethrower without very possibly getting Yoda.

Gideon
The likelihood of that is very slim, DS. Jango is a superb marksman, and he's attacking two large humans. Humans that are slower than Yoda by miles.

Yoda has about a 0.32 percent chance of getting hit.

tulakhordpwns
doesn't really matter because they would just deflect the blaster bolts away or at yoda anyways

darthsith19
Gideon, Mace and Yoda are able to move fast enough that their blurs, and Dooku is likely nearly as fast as they are. I don't give a damn how good of a marksman Jango is, if he's shooting at 3 blurs he has about a 25% chance of hitting the one that is on his team.

But there's no point in discussing that scenario, as they wouldn't figth Yoda 2 on 1 until after Jango is dead.

Foodster
I think well aimed rocket would kill all three of the Jedi...
If Jango would fly up at the start of the fight, rendering himself rather jediproof...I don't know to be honest...

Ad yea...I was thinking team 1 back there on the first page big grin

Rampant ox
Whats to stop Dooku throwing debris - or even the roof - at Jango ala AotC? Jango is very much susceptible to the force, and Dooku and Mace are two of the best force users in history. In RotS Dooku annihilated Kenobi with the force. "He gathered the Force once more in a single indrawn breath that summoned power from throughout the universe; the slightest whipcrack of that power, negligent as a flick of his wrist, sent Kenobi flying backward to crash hard against the wall." Also note that Dooku did this while fending off Anakin. So excuse me if im skeptical that Jango has a hope in Hell at beating Dooku or Mace.

While one occupies Yoda then the other takes out Jango. Then they double team Yoda and win.

Foodster
Hm...So...If Scaramanga and the others are right, let's make the fight a little more interesting...

Let's take Dooku out of the fight, and on he's place we'll put Jedi master Coleman Trebor(the guy who was once alredy killed by Jango's blaster, altough he was unprepaired).

So now it goes like this:
Mace & Trebor vs Jango & Yoda

Still 2 sabers against 1...But coleman is much weaker then Dooku...

Well...I could just open a new thread but there's no nead for that.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by darthsith19
Sorry, what I meant by "both Mace and Dooku could hold off yoda while the other kills Jango" was that both Mace and Dooku are strong enough to hold off Yoda while the other pwns Jango (one on one). I didn't mean for them both to fight Yoda and fend off Jango at the same time. My bad, it did sound confusing, huh?
What? I said that as a response to what tulakhordpwns remark about having Dooku and Mace go directly after the start of the match and he said if they focus ALL of their attention on Yoda they would win quickly. BUT I said if they did that then Jango can easily snipe them down.

Even with Yoda leaping around he could still find his target and hit him. Yoda would usually either be in the middle of the two or one side Jango would just need to wait to Yoda moves to a side which gives him a clear shot something Yoda would do without realizing what Jango is doing(sort of like jumping and fighting are natural instincts) Would Jango even care if he killed all 3 with his rocket?

Quark_666
I agree with Darth Sith, marksmanship doesn't matter when you are trying to shoot three blurs.

But then, marksmenship doesn't really matter when you intend to blow up all three blurs, too.

darthsith19
Mace and Dooku have more chance of dodging the missle though than Yoda, who is in the middle of the two of them, pand only one of them would need to escape it anyways. But like I said already several times, they wouldn't fight Yoda 2 on 1 until after Jango is dead.

Coleman Trebor instead of Dooku? I think he's stronger than he gets credit for, after all, he did intend to challenge Dooku to a duel and Jango only got him so easily because he was prepared for a saber duel and Jango caught him by surprise. Still, either Mace fights Yoda, Trebor fights Jango, Trebor dies (even prepared he couldn't beat Jango, no way) and then Yoda and Jango kill Mace. Or else Mace fights Jango, Yoda pwns Trebor in around 5 -10 seconds, and then Jango and Yoda kill Mace.

I'll show ya a close battle. king

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/457350_1-Jango-and-Yoda-vs-Mace-and-AOTC-Kenobi

vader11
Team one wins for sure! Mace or Dooku would just crush Jango immediately and then they kill Yoda.

0°Mandalore°0
Yeah, team 1 probably takes this, but I must say, some people are understimating Jango. Don't forget what Jango was able to do against Kenobi in Kamino, with all his arsenal. He will not be as easy to take down as some of you people say.

darthsith19

vader11
^Agree.
Jango can just die in a few seconds if Mace and Dooku want to do so.

Count Makashi
Yup, team 1, Jango goes down easily and then Mace and Dooku team up against Yoda.

Council#13
Dude, I have no idea what this blabbering about Jango hitting Yoda and the three Force-users moving as a blur is all about, but Mace's superiority to Jango has been proven already. Alright, so his rocket wasn't working. That doesn't matter. Mace could easily Force-crush it. Jango firing the rocket? I think that Mace would be able to redirect it. After that, it would be mere seconds before Jango looses his head again.

Dooku, as Darthsith already said, has already shown that he could put up a tough fight against Yoda. I say that Jango holds off Mace for a short while before Mace uses the Force to remove all of his advantages, then Mace and Dooku close in on Yoda. Yoda would put up a tough fight, but he can't hold off against both of them.

Darth Hord
If part of that was to me i was arguing what someone said about Dooku and Mace immediately going after Yoda in the begining of the duel and focusing only on Yoda because if they forget about Jango like that person who posted did then there is a chance that Jango could shoot one of them in the back.

Quark_666
If you argued really well, you might convince me that Dooku would forget about Jango. But not Windu. Windu didn't underestimate Jango's skills. He has described Jango as the deadliest killer in the Galaxy. He believed that his chance to assasinate Dooku on Geonosis would have ended his own life because the split second required for beheading Dooku would have been all the time Jango needed to kill Windu. When fighting Jango, he had decided that he should probably bring two or three other Jedi to kill Jango, and would probably have stuck to that plan if he hadn't seen a shatterpoint in Jango's armor and defense. On Haruun Kal, Windu still admitted that Jango had been the "deadliest killer in the galaxy", even though he knew he had been able to kill Jango in onder a minute.

Mace can take Jango, and he knows it. But he would never overlook him. Not even when he's got Yoda trying to stick a lightsaber down his throat.

Jango is too good to go unnoticed, and not good enough to survive this fight.

vader11
Originally posted by Darth Hord
If part of that was to me i was arguing what someone said about Dooku and Mace immediately going after Yoda in the begining of the duel and focusing only on Yoda because if they forget about Jango like that person who posted did then there is a chance that Jango could shoot one of them in the back. That's silly. How could they forgot about Jango? Jango would be killed first so they can team up to fight Yoda.

kiddo44
Dooku and Mace, easily. Count Dooku or Mace alone would be a hard match for Yoda. Dooku could get rid of Jango with very little trouble, b/c of his force powers.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by vader11
That's silly. How could they forgot about Jango? Jango would be killed first so they can team up to fight Yoda.

That's what the dude who posted saying they would immediately focus all their attention on yoda. If they did that Jango should be able to shhot them in the back.

vader11
^I don't think that would happen.

Darth Hord
Neither do I but I said that because he was underrating Jango's markmanship.

Janus Marius
Glad to see that this myth still perpetuates itself thanks to KotOR and WoM (Word of Mouth).

Last I checked Jedi were quite capable of deflecting blaster bolts and projectiles irregardless of what styles they were using. Jedi of all races, all styles and all levels of training regularly hold their own against armed groups, thugs, and more. In The Cestus Deception, Kit Fisto, a Form I practitioner, regularly outperforms crack troops in melee and defense. In Cloak of Deception, Jedi such as Vergere, Yaddle, and even padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi survive gunfights surrounded by mercenaries and even at one point being strafed by a gunship.

I'm really not sure where people get this misconception that Forms has anything to do with basic Jedi training and capability. They lived in a society that had wielded blaster bolt technology longer than our own has had running water.

They knew what to do with it.

There. Sorry. I just had to bury that myth, it was irritating me.

Spartan ll
Windu and Dooku easily. Mace alone would give Yoda a hard fight, but add Dooku in, and Yoda pretty much gets his ass handed to him. Jango isn't even a factor, since all Dooku or Mace has to do is Force Pull him into one of their saber's.

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Windu and Dooku easily. Mace alone would give Yoda a hard fight, but add Dooku in, and Yoda pretty much gets his ass handed to him. Jango isn't even a factor, since all Dooku or Mace has to do is Force Pull him into one of their saber's. My status! nuts

ThoraxeRMG
Holy Shit, Guilty Gear is in the Star Wars section!
big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.