Link vs Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
http://ernesto.chez-alice.fr/thomas/link_h7.jpgvshttp://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/02/gow_kratosslashes.jpg

No Tri-Force for Link. Kratos is not the god of war.

Discuss.

Emperor Ashtar
I believe link can take this.

FortressXRuler
Damn, this is a good fight. But I say Kratos wins, more magic, more damaging combos, a slight bit more agile.

Superboy Prime
And I thought Link & Kratos fighting would catch people's attention.

*Sigh* Unless you're Hayabusa or a 2d fighter you're non-existant in this forum.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
And I thought Link & Kratos fighting would catch people attention.

*Sigh* Unless you're Hayabusa or a 2d fighter you're non-existant in this forum.

Not even, people are just tired of games versus.

Superboy Prime
IMO people are tired of looking at the same versus matches all the time.

Emperor Ashtar
IMO people are tired of looking at the same versus matches all the time.
That and the debators turn people off. Also, the stipulation for the threads lack imagination.

Superboy Prime
What the hell can we do to make it better?

I like this place...I want it alive.

Emperor Ashtar
What the hell can we do to make it better?

I like this place...I want it alive.

-Better stipulations: We need more versus threads that involve twist instead of the standard one on one versus.

-Better Discussions: Too many debates turn into flame wars, and there were just too many fanboys at one point. Honestly, one of the biggest problems when it comes to discussions and trust me I should know since I've done this many times is that people just simple answers.

For instance, how many times have you been in a forum where people just say there characters win without explaining why? By doing this we handicap any form of a serious discussion.

-Less Spamming: There's been a ridiculous amount of spamming lately on threads, and they simply kill discussions

etc. . .

I'm waiting for Shin Remy to help me with idea's because he feels the same way.

General Kaliero
I really just think the whole vs. thing is past it's heyday...

The greatest thread of the lot was the old epic Samus vs. Master Chief thread. Most viewed it as a serious debate and it was dozens upon dozens of pages filled with proper point-counterpoint discussion. Just doesn't seem like people are into it enough for the same thing nowadays.

Emperor Ashtar
Well said, I also feel it might be because of the games that are out now. Honestly, many of the new games that are coming out aren't memorible like games of old. Really, who's going to make a versus about CJ or Tommy Versiti from GTA?

Most of the populated threads feature game characters from old franchises, the only exception is Master Cheif and Kratos.

Rascaduanok
Do you happen to have a link to the MC vs Samus thread?

FortressXRuler
Just use the search engine.

Rascaduanok

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Rascaduanok
Do you happen to have a link to the MC vs Samus thread?

Here you go. big grin I was just looking at it myself. Man, some of the things said... There's serious debate in there, but it's punctuated by several less professional arguers, as well.

Superboy Prime
I wonder why Lana felt the need to bash Halo and then close the thread making her statement the last one.

Oh well.

Emperor Ashtar
I wonder why Lana felt the need to bash Halo and then close the thread making her statement the last.

Oh well.

Just another reason why people stay away from games versus.

Rascaduanok

Superboy Prime
And yet this thread is suffering from the same problem that plagues the Games vs Forums.

On topic: Link vs Kratos. Who wins?

My money is on Link since I know about his abilities, but since I haven't played any of the 2 GOW games I will not state an opinion until someone makes a case for Kratos.

Xenogears
Kratos.

Lana
I wonder why Lana felt the need to bash Halo and then close the thread making her statement the last one.

Oh well.

I closed the thread because, despite it being one of the longest running ones in the forum at the time, it had been ruined by petty squabbling and off-topic posting. I said that Halo sucks because that is my opinion, that it sucks. I am allowed to express my opinion, since that's all this forum is about, people's opinions.

And I've been saying it since I took over this forum. A lot of the matches here are the same tired thing seen over and over. There are literally thousands upon thousands of games and thus characters that can be used. And yet the same characters are constantly seen - SF, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and the occasional Halo, Metroid, FF or Zelda character thrown in. Come on guys, I KNOW you play more games than just those.

What I think WOULD be greatly helpful for people, though, is if you give links to a wiki article or something like that about the characters. Not everyone knows who every character is, and if they can quickly read up on some info, it might help the threads that use characters that aren't the same well-known ones that are always seen.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Just another reason why people stay away from games versus. It seems you have a point.

BlaxicanHydra
hahaha, that MC vs. Samus thread was annoying. Probably the most prolonged debate I've ever been in. And I spent more then half fo that fighting a fanboy...

Violent2Dope
I remember when I used to read these threads a long time ago(yes, I'm that big a loser). Most people were good debaters. I decided to sign up to KMC and I find out the threads I used to read no longer had the great debates I wanted. The best debate I've had so far was the Kratos vs. Sora thread, it was the the only one worth debating since my opponent was actually a good debater.

Well, on topic Kratos wins.
Strength: Kratos, it's not even close, I don't give a rat's ass what gauntlets Link has. Kratos lifts giant pillars, slabs of earth and other extremely heavy objects and he is strong enough to force a giant monster like the Hydra's head through a large pike on a ship.

Speed: Well, it seems about even as far as running speed goes. Sword striking speed goes to Link.

Equipment: Link has more equipment to be sure, but as Kratos' different weapons would be more effective in this fight. Kratos has his chain blades which have great range for melee weapons and are fast strong, and on fire. Artemis' Blade is a large weapon that hews enemies to pieces, Barbarian's Hammer is a large hammer that can cause a shockwave blast in front of him and can summon undead souls to attack enemies for him, Spear of Destiny is a fast weapon that can extend during combos and shoots a large blast, Blade of Olympus is a large sword that shreds enemies and can shoot a powerful blast. His Golden Fleece can deflect any projectile(like Light Arrows) and can block melee attacks and counter with his chain blades.

Magic: As far as offensive magic goes Kratos has the advantage. His Poseidon's Rage and Atlas quake cause devastation around him, Euryale's Head can turn him to stone, he can throw thunderbolts, he can summon invincible minions from Hades, Cronos' Rage sets electric traps, Typhon's Bane can rapidly fire extremely fast and hard to dodge wind arrows and can cause a mini cyclone, and that's it.

Brutality: If you know ANYTING about Kratos you know the answer to this.

Experience: Kratos was raised since a small child to fight and has ever since.

Pimpness: Kratos, in GOWII two girls he never met were having a bath in a spa and he had a threesome with them.cool

DracotheDragon
Link wins.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Xenogears
Kratos.

Please elaborate.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by DracotheDragon
Link wins.

How does Link win?

Rascaduanok

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I remember when I used to read these threads a long time ago(yes, I'm that big a loser). Most people were good debaters. I decided to sign up to KMC and I find out the threads I used to read no longer had the great debates I wanted. The best debate I've had so far was the Kratos vs. Sora thread, it was the the only one worth debating since my opponent was actually a good debater.

Well, on topic Kratos wins.
Strength: Kratos, it's not even close, I don't give a rat's ass what gauntlets Link has. Kratos lifts giant pillars, slabs of earth and other extremely heavy objects and he is strong enough to force a giant monster like the Hydra's head through a large pike on a ship.

Speed: Well, it seems about even as far as running speed goes. Sword striking speed goes to Link.

Equipment: Link has more equipment to be sure, but as Kratos' different weapons would be more effective in this fight. Kratos has his chain blades which have great range for melee weapons and are fast strong, and on fire. Artemis' Blade is a large weapon that hews enemies to pieces, Barbarian's Hammer is a large hammer that can cause a shockwave blast in front of him and can summon undead souls to attack enemies for him, Spear of Destiny is a fast weapon that can extend during combos and shoots a large blast, Blade of Olympus is a large sword that shreds enemies and can shoot a powerful blast. His Golden Fleece can deflect any projectile(like Light Arrows) and can block melee attacks and counter with his chain blades.

Magic: As far as offensive magic goes Kratos has the advantage. His Poseidon's Rage and Atlas quake cause devastation around him, Euryale's Head can turn him to stone, he can throw thunderbolts, he can summon invincible minions from Hades, Cronos' Rage sets electric traps, Typhon's Bane can rapidly fire extremely fast and hard to dodge wind arrows and can cause a mini cyclone, and that's it.

Brutality: If you know ANYTING about Kratos you know the answer to this.

Experience: Kratos was raised since a small child to fight and has ever since.

Pimpness: Kratos, in GOWII two girls he never met were having a bath in a spa and he had a threesome with them.cool

Well put. Sounds convincing.

Emperor Ashtar
How does Link win?
Which version of link is this, and I'll elaborate in a bit.

Superboy Prime
When I made the thread I was originally going to use Twilight Princess Link, but I couldn't find a small picture of that variant so I used the OoT pic.

Ocarina of Time Link just to respect the image.

kamikz
Originally posted by Lana
I closed the thread because, despite it being one of the longest running ones in the forum at the time, it had been ruined by petty squabbling and off-topic posting. I said that Halo sucks because that is my opinion, that it sucks. I am allowed to express my opinion, since that's all this forum is about, people's opinions.

And I've been saying it since I took over this forum. A lot of the matches here are the same tired thing seen over and over. There are literally thousands upon thousands of games and thus characters that can be used. And yet the same characters are constantly seen - SF, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and the occasional Halo, Metroid, FF or Zelda character thrown in. Come on guys, I KNOW you play more games than just those.

What I think WOULD be greatly helpful for people, though, is if you give links to a wiki article or something like that about the characters. Not everyone knows who every character is, and if they can quickly read up on some info, it might help the threads that use characters that aren't the same well-known ones that are always seen.

I just gotta say, that is EXACTLY what I think. (Not the HALO part, just about this forum).
It is totally run over by FF, Tekken and SF etc. (Not saying those are bad, just that it gets a little much I think, cause I ain't a very big fan of them, and when a thread of mine gets 0 posts it's kinda dull).
I left this forum, and now that the new MGS4 trailer showed up and SBP made threads that were interesting for me, I came back after a long time of not posting regularly if at all.

I think it's exactly what we need, a little difference. Post other fights, new characters not used often or something like that, or scenarios which are more fun, like a "Hyrule vs Termina" or something.

About the fight, well, I haven't played God of War, so I'm clueless. He seems to pack quite a punch in all his weapons though, in a straight out fight with their weapons I don't think Link matches him.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by kamikz
I just gotta say, that is EXACTLY what I think. (Not the HALO part, just about this forum).
It is totally run over by FF, Tekken and SF etc. (Not saying those are bad, just that it gets a little much I think, cause I ain't a very big fan of them, and when a thread of mine gets 0 posts it's kinda dull).
I left this forum, and now that the new MGS4 trailer showed up and SBP made threads that were interesting for me, I came back after a long time of not posting regularly if at all.

I think it's exactly what we need, a little difference. Post other fights, new characters not used often or something like that, or scenarios which are more fun, like a "Hyrule vs Termina" or something.

About the fight, well, I haven't played God of War, so I'm clueless. He seems to pack quite a punch in all his weapons though, in a straight out fight with their weapons I don't think Link matches him.

I'm trying to start a revolution. We need to make this forum fun with variety again.

Emperor Ashtar
Let's see here

Power: I'm going to give this to kratos, even though I haven't play much God of War. I've played enough to know that Kratos has enough raw power to: Dismemeber organisms barehanded, Knock Sea-monsters around, and fight any adversary head on. Link can't really do that, he has to utilise Hit n' Run tactics just to supress his enemy. He cannot take kratos in a straight sword fight, and I believe Link is smart enough to realise this.

Speed: I haven't seen anything remarkabale from both competitors. So, I'll give neither an advantage here.

Evasion: Link, hands down is much more agile than Kratos. His evasive movements should be enough to keep him from any kratos's heavy rushdowns. They also compliment his Hit N' Run strategy quite well. If link is in an open space, then it make it difficult for Kratos.

Defense: Link.

-Mirror Sheild
-Nayru's Love
-Evasion Skills

I could go on, but you see the point. Kratos will not be able to hit link as easily as he can hit him, IMO. Kratos will be hard pressed to strike link down with, and even if he can Rush him down I think link can hold him down. His defense is comparable to Kratos's power, IMO.

Magic: Hm, well link has more versatile magic

Nayru's Love: That should sheild him from most of kratos heavy guns

Faroe's Wind: I dunno if this can be used for a battle situation, but it can give link great breathing space. especially if Kratos is pressurring Link.

Din's Fire: A good area affecting attack that can hit Kratos for the most part.

Xenogears
Please elaborate. Please answer my pms.

Violent2Dope
Evasion: Link, hands down is much more agile than Kratos. His evasive movements should be enough to keep him from any kratos's heavy rushdowns. They also compliment his Hit N' Run strategy quite well. If link is in an open space, then it make it difficult for Kratos.
I just had to point this out, Kratos can dodge things far more effectively than Link with one move, his dodge roll. Basically he rolls surprisingly quickly in some direction about 15-20 feet away to dodge many attacks and is used mostly when fighting giants that possess superior strength.

FortressXRuler
Originally posted by Xenogears
Please answer my pms.

I answered your pms. That website is actually cool.

Emperor Ashtar
I just had to point this out, Kratos can dodge things far more effectively than Link with one move, his dodge roll. Basically he rolls surprisingly quickly in some direction about 15-20 feet away to dodge many attacks and is used mostly when fighting giants that possess superior strength.

Yeah, but link has much more evasive tactics than kratos. One roll isn't going to cut it.

Xenogears
Originally posted by FortressXRuler
I answered your pms. That website is actually cool. But I was not saying that to you. 13jockey
Yeah, but link has much more evasive tactics than kratos. One roll isn't going to cut it. emoemuashtar

Violent2Dope
Yeah, but link has much more evasive tactics than kratos. One roll isn't going to cut it. Yes, and thay are all not as effective. Also after dodging Kratos can slam his chain blades in front of him about 10-15 feet long and while doing this attack the blades are enveloped in scorching fire.

Emperor Ashtar
Yes, and thay are all not as effective.

Your claiming that one roll makes Kratos more evasive, comapred too: a Back flip, Side swipes, and a roll?

Violent2Dope
Your claiming that one roll makes Kratos more evasive, comapred too: a Back flip, Side swipes, and a roll? Yes. Kratos' roll can go in any direction, goes farther, is faster, and has a powerful follow up attack right after. Quality not quantity my friend.

Emperor Ashtar
Yes. Kratos' roll can go in any direction, goes farther, is faster, and has a powerful follow up attack right after. Quality not quantity my friend.

Rolling father is not really a good evasion for attacks. it's best to evade at a short distance in order to follow up your attack better. Though, if your trying to get out of a situation it is good.

Well, links roll is slow, but his side step and Back flip are not.

The roll is omni directional, but so are links evasion tactics.

I don't believe Kratos's roll is better overall. They seem to be on par in some respects. Though, links seems better by a margin due to distance.

Violent2Dope
Rolling father is not really a good evasion for attacks. it's best to evade at a short distance in order to follow up your attack better. Though, if your trying to get out of a situation it is good.

Well, links roll is slow, but his side step and Back flip are not.

The roll is omni directional, but so are links evasion tactics.

I don't believe Kratos's roll is better overall. They seem to be on par in some respects. Though, links seems better by a margin due to distance. The point about how rolling farther is bad would be a good point if it were not for the fact that Kratos has no need to be close to Link to attack him, he has a follow up attack with his chain blades that hit him from like 15 feet away and causes a fiery shockwave.

Emperor Ashtar
The point about how rolling farther is bad would be a good point if it were not for the fact that Kratos has no need to be close to Link to attack him, he has a follow up attack with his chain blades that hit him from like 15 feet away and causes a fiery shockwave.

True, his roll does give him positional advantage and is better suited for his type of combat. Personally, I say they are about even now that I really think about. They both allow for maximum attack potential.

But, Kratos has a much more efficient position advantage than link.

Superboy Prime
I am giving OoT Link the ability to parry/counter ala Wind Waker.

Violent2Dope
Really, even with his health items and defense magic, Kratos will outlast him. And if Link dares to shoot a Light Arrow he's dead as Kratos will Golden Fleece the crap out of it.

Emperor Ashtar
I am giving OoT Link the ability to parry/counter ala Wind Waker.

Still, Kratos still has better position advantage. When he evades he will always be in a better position since he can always attack from mid range. Link sucks at mid-range, while Kratos dominates it.

Really, even with his health items and defense magic, Kratos will outlast him. And if Link dares to shoot a Light Arrow he's dead as Kratos will Golden Fleece the crap out of it.

I disagree, if link gets long range: He can hit him with arrows that will not only stun kratos (Ice & Light arrow), but damage him too.

At close Range: Deku nut's can stun kratos allowing link to attack, and at close range his evasion is beastly. Then theirs his wind waker parry, which will give him an even better close range advantage. The only real problem is Kratos's power at close range, but with hit & run tactics link can win

Mid range: Link is screwed, those chains will wear him out, and the only mid range attack he has that can fair is "Dins Fire" which is slow. He's not taking Kratos out at that range and with little options like those. He can esacpe with faroe's wind if he's getting creamed by Kratos's mid-range advantage, But he certainly will not beat him at that range.

Also, Kratos cannot outlast link because he has a superior defense.

-Nayru's Love
-Faries
-Mirror Sheild

Link will need to keep out of the Mid-Range to win, and with Navi's help he can track Kratos easily.

Superboy Prime
Still, Kratos still has better position advantage. When he evades he will always be in a better position since he can always attack from mid range. Link sucks at mid-range, while Kratos dominates it.

I just wanted him to have that ability. I thought about making it WW Link as well...but I predicted people would just use this stupid argument:

"Please Link is a kid. He does not have any experience and he can't match anyone's strength as a kid."

God forbid the fact he has been trained as a swordsman etc.

Emperor Ashtar
Lol

Violent2Dope

I disagree, if link gets long range: He can hit him with arrows that will not only stun kratos (Ice & Light arrow), but damage him too.

At close Range: Deku nut's can stun kratos allowing link to attack, and at close range his evasion is beastly. Then theirs his wind waker parry, which will give him an even better close range advantage. The only real problem is Kratos's power at close range, but with hit & run tactics link can win

Mid range: Link is screwed, those chains will wear him out, and the only mid range attack he has that can fair is "Dins Fire" which is slow. He's not taking Kratos out at that range and with little options like those. He can esacpe with faroe's wind if he's getting creamed by Kratos's mid-range advantage, But he certainly will not beat him at that range.

Also, Kratos cannot outlast link because he has a superior defense.

-Nayru's Love
-Faries
-Mirror Sheild

Link will need to keep out of the Mid-Range to win, and with Navi's help he can track Kratos easily. I take it you don't know what the Golden Fleece is? Kratos can use it almost instantaneously to deflect ANY ranged attack, or block a melee attack and follow up with a powerful counter to hurt Link and get him back to mid range. They might even work on Deku Nuts. Fairies and Nayru's Love are the real problems here but Kratos won't go down before they are used up.

Xenogears
Yeah, and Link's a pussy.

Emperor Ashtar
I take it you don't know what the Golden Fleece is? Kratos can use it almost instantaneously to deflect ANY ranged attack, or block a melee attack and follow up with a powerful counter to hurt Link and get him back to mid range. They might even work on Deku Nuts. Fairies and Nayru's Love are the real problems here but Kratos won't go down before they are used up.

How's is golden fleece gonna keep him from teleporting outta mid range, though? He can teleport with faroe's wind out of said range, and if the terrain permitts it he can use the Long Shot to gain higher ground to use his bow efficeintly.

Link has the advantage on:

-High Ground
-Long Range

And, their roughly even on close, but with Links enhancements he will definetly outlast him at said range.

Kratos:

-Mid-Range Beast
-Powerful defense via golden fleece

Link is has too much defense and versatility amongst ranges. Kratos cannot relect all his attacks, and with Navi he can track/analyze Kratos.

It's a hard fight, but he's to versatile:

Link 7/10

Violent2Dope
How's is golden fleece gonna keep him from teleporting outta mid range, though? He can teleport with faroe's wind out of said range, and if the terrain permitts it he can use the Long Shot to gain higher ground to use his bow efficeintly.

Link has the advantage on:

-High Ground
-Long Range

And, their roughly even on close, but with Links enhancements he will definetly outlast him at said range.

Kratos:

-Mid-Range Beast
-Powerful defense via golden fleece

Link is has too much defense and versatility amongst ranges. Kratos cannot relect all his attacks, and with Navi he can track/analyze Kratos.

It's a hard fight, but he's to versatile:

Link 7/10 No, I mean arrows will be useless against the Golden Fleece. Oh, and Kratos has a bow too, called Typhon's Bane which almost rapidly fires extremely fast hard to dodge wind arrows and can cause mini cyclones. The real threat for Link in Kratos' arsenal is howver, Head of Euryale. With it he can turn Link to stone, normally it takes a few seconds to work but a special attack called Euryale's blast INSTANTLY turns anything in front of Kratos to stone. After Link is stone, Kratos can bash him to pieces. For more on Kratos' arsenal of magic and equipment read my first post on page 1 as it would take to long to type again.

Emperor Ashtar
No, I mean arrows will be useless against the Golden Fleece.

I disagree, unless he somehow manage to deflect every arrow fired by Link he's screwed. Also, if he fires light arrows, the light might still stun him giving link more time for a follow up.

Oh, and Kratos has a bow toocalled Typhon's Bane which almost rapidly fires
extremely fast hard to dodge wind arrows and can cause mini cyclones.

Kratos does not use Typhon's Bane effectively enough at long range for him to compete with link. If they were to both go at long range for the remainder of the bout, Link would dominate.

The real threat for Link in Kratos' arsenal is howver, Head of Euryale. With it he can turn Link to stone, normally it takes a few seconds to work but a special attack called Euryale's blast INSTANTLY turns anything in front of Kratos to stone. After Link is stone, Kratos can bash him to pieces.

That attack has a slow start up, and at short range wouldn't be a too much of problem. At mid range however, link is screwed like I said. But, the start up would still allow link to escape with faroes wind.

For more on Kratos' arsenal of magic and equipment read my first post on page 1 as it would take to long to type again.

Ok, thanks smile

Violent2Dope
I disagree, unless he somehow manage to deflect every arrow fired by Link he's screwed. Also, if he fires light arrows, the light might still stun him giving link more time for a follow up.

Kratos does not use Typhon's Bane effectively enough at long range for him to compete with link. If they were to both go at long range for the remainder of the bout, Link would dominate.

That attack has a slow start up, and at short range wouldn't be a too much of problem. At mid range however, link is screwed like I said. But, the start up would still allow link to escape with faroes wind.

Ok, thanks smile It's not like Link could just shoot arrow after arrow, each time he catches an arrow with the Golden Fleece it's deflected back at him. Your Light Arrow theory is null since nothing of the sort happened when he deflected lightningbolts back at Zeus, lightingbolts are pure light and also he doesn't really deflect the arrows back he kinda absorbs them into the fleece and shoots them back at him. Can't use Typhon's Bane effectively at long range? It automatically locks one, fires almost rapidly, and lasts as long as Kratos' magic reserves does. I agree that Euryale's Blast is not the end all, but if he were to pull it off, Link would be dead unless he used his mirror shield, then Kratos can in turn use his Fleece and they'd have a game of Gorgon Volleyball! You're welcome.big grin

EDIT: Before I forget how do you break apart posts like you did mine?

Emperor Ashtar
It's not like Link could just shoot arrow after arrow, each time he catches an arrow with the Golden Fleece it's deflected back at him.

Link could easily aim an arrow at the the ground to illuminate the area and Blind Kratos for a follow up attack. Also, link can set up an arrow fairly quickly. Regardless of Golden fleece's relfecting ability, Kratos will not relfect every arrow shot at him.

Your Light Arrow theory is null since nothing of the sort happened when he deflected lightningbolts back at Zeus, lightingbolts are pure light and also he doesn't really deflect the arrows back he kinda absorbs them into the fleece and shoots them back at him.

Lightining bolts are not pure light or even comparable to light itself. Light arrows contain light and can be used specifically for stunning an opponent.

Can't use Typhon's Bane effectively at long range? It automatically locks one, fires almost rapidly, and lasts as long as Kratos' magic reserves does.

When has Typhons Bane been used at extremely Long Ranges like Links bow?

I agree that Euryale's Blast is not the end all, but if he were to pull it off, Link would be dead unless he used his mirror shield, then Kratos can in turn use his Fleece and they'd have a game of Gorgon Volleyball! You're welcome.big grin

Yes, but Link could reflect indefinetly, unless Kratos can do the same with Golden fleece he's screwed.

Emperor Ashtar
You have to copy and paste my Id tag.

Violent2Dope
You have to copy and paste my Id tag. Your what?

Emperor Ashtar
When you quote me there should be a item like this :Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar

Put your information under it, and then end quote.

Violent2Dope
LOL I SUCK!

Emperor Ashtar
Just post like you normally do.

Violent2Dope
Link could easily aim an arrow at the the ground to illuminate the area and Blind Kratos for a follow up attack. Also, link can set up an arrow fairly quickly. Regardless of Golden fleece's relfecting ability, Kratos will not relfect every arrow shot at him Well I think that's only a gameplay mechanic as the Fleece is always on his arm and should be able to be used indefinately.

Violent2Dope
I hate myself. Can you read my above post?

Xenogears
LMFAO!

Failed attempt.

Emperor Ashtar
There's not really any proof Light Arrows blind anything. If there is show me.

You want me to prove that an arrow containing pure concentrated light can stun an individual?

I think common sense should tell you that it could.

The longest range I used it at was like 200+ feet and you act like Kratos will stand there letting Link snipe him with arrows. If Link is farther away it will be harder for him to hit him.

Your underestimating link here, he can hit targets on horse back at a range of over 100 yards. He's demonstrated better accuracy peroid.

Yes, but Link could reflect indefinetly, unless Kratos can do the same with Golden fleece he's screwed.

But, he cannot do the same indefinetly.

Violent2Dope
You want me to prove that an arrow containing pure concentrated light can stun an individual?

I think common sense should tell you that it could.

Your underestimating link here, he can hit targets on horse back at a range of over 100 yards. He's demonstrated better accuracy peroid.

But, he cannot do the same indefinetly. The Light Arrows were not made to stun people, rather they pierce through an destroy them, and never have stunned anything, so yes I am led to believe they wouldn't. I'm not underestimating Link, but if Link is that far away from Kratos who would be moving and trying to dodge them, and Kratos isn't just some beast flunky with the brain of a rat, he's a veteran warrior who has been in countless battles and has fought with Gods. He won't be as easy to hit. And realistically Kratos should be able to use the Fleece indefinately as it's always equipped, it's only a gameplay mechanic that he has to press R1 when the blow hits.

Emperor Ashtar
The Light Arrows were not made to stun people, rather they pierce through an destroy them, and never have stunned anything, so yes I am led to believe they wouldn't.

Light Arrows contain pure concentrated light, and last I check immense light triggers a reflex that causes an individual to cover their eye's no matter what they are doing. Unless, there is some property that contradicts the nature of light in Zelda:OOT. I assume it works how light always works, and wether it stuns in-game is irrelevant. Can fire arrows light the terrain ablaze in game? The answer is no because of a game restriction.

Also, Light arrows can stun enemies in OOT.

I'm not underestimating Link, but if Link is that far away from Kratos who would be moving and trying to dodge them, and Kratos isn't just some beast flunky with the brain of a rat, he's a veteran warrior who has been in countless battles and has fought with Gods. He won't be as easy to hit. And realistically Kratos should be able to use the Fleece indefinately as it's always equipped, it's only a gameplay mechanic that he has to press R1 when the blow hits.

I'm aware that he's a veteran warrior, but that doesn't mean he's superior top link in archery. Link has demonstrated superior archery skills, and can handle Kratos at long range.

Also, I doubt Golden Fleece can repel light otherwise kratos would be blind when he uses it.

Also, Golden Fleece can be broken with sufficient attack power.

Emperor Ashtar
Honestly, if Kratos's "Golden Fleece" is always on to reflect any attack forever than he wins. But, if he has to conjur it by force of will then link takes a slight majority.

Xenogears
Can Link defeat Emperor Ashtar? 13jockey

Emperor Ashtar
Blasphemy!!

Violent2Dope
Light Arrows contain pure concentrated light, and last I check immense light triggers a reflex that causes an individual to cover their eye's no matter what they are doing. Unless, there is some property that contradicts the nature of light in Zelda:OOT. I assume it works how light always works, and wether it stuns in-game is irrelevant. Can fire arrows light the terrain ablaze in game? The answer is no because of a game restriction.

Also, Light arrows can stun enemies in OOT.

I'm aware that he's a veteran warrior, but that doesn't mean he's superior top link in archery. Link has demonstrated superior archery skills, and can handle Kratos at long range.

Also, I doubt Golden Fleece can repel light otherwise kratos would be blind when he uses it.

Also, Golden Fleece can be broken with sufficient attack power. Well I see your point so I'll concede the Light Arrow argument. I never said he was a superior archer, but Kratos has other things than Typhon's Bane to use at long range. Let ma ask you this, can Link dodge lightning? I doubt it, and it just so happens thet Kratos can throw lightning bolts. If the Golden Fleece can repel the gaze of a gorgon, which in GoW is just concentrated beams of green or red light from their eyes, he can repel light. And do you have ANY proof Golden Fleece can be broken? If it can survive a mass lightning assault by Zeus, I don't see Link breaking it.

Violent2Dope
Honestly, if Kratos's "Golden Fleece" is always on to reflect any attack forever than he wins. But, if he has to conjur it by force of will then link takes a slight majority. Golden Fleece is always on and I thought of an instance that proves it is, at the end of the game Zeus becomes a giant and shoots powerful continuous streams of lightning at Kratos, Kratos used the Golden Fleece to block the lightning but since he was under constant assault he wasn't deflecting it back. I would post a vid but I can't watch vids on this computer or else it'll get all slow so you'll have to wait.

Emperor Ashtar
Let ma ask you this, can Link dodge lightning? I doubt it, and it just so happens thet Kratos can throw lightning bolts.

He doesn't have to dodge it my friend, Mirror Sheild can simply repel it easily. Or he can use Nayru's love to sheild himself.

If the Golden Fleece can repel the gaze of a gorgon, which in GoW is just concentrated beams of green or red light from their eyes, he can repel light.

That doesn't sound like light to me, because if gorgons beam was light when Kratos uses Golden Fleece to repel it he would go blind. We need light in order to see, and by blocking light all around his body he cannot see.

Golden Fleece is always on and I thought of an instance that proves it is, at the end of the game Zeus becomes a giant and shoots powerful continuous streams of lightning at Kratos, Kratos used the Golden Fleece to block the lightning but since he was under constant assault he wasn't deflecting it back. I would post a vid but I can't watch vids on this computer or else it'll get all slow so you'll have to wait.

I see, so it can only reflect attacks one at a time. If it's always on, that means he can never ever die. That's a bit hard to swallow.

Violent2Dope
He doesn't have to dodge it my friend, Mirror Sheild can simply repel it easily. Or he can use Nayru's love to sheild himself.

That doesn't sound like light to me, because if gorgons beam was light when Kratos uses Golden Fleece to repel it he would go blind. We need light in order to see, and by blocking light all around his body he cannot see.

I see, so it can only reflect attacks one at a time. If it's always on, that means he can never ever die. That's a bit hard to swallow. Mirror Shield reflects beams, a lightning bolt is not a beam, so that argument is null. As for Nayru's love it doesn't last forever and if it is long range then Link would be limited to normal arrows would be much easier to block than a light arrow. The Golden Fleece is only on his arm, it's not some armor that wraps his whole body, otherwise that argument would be true, and Fleece is always on and can always be used to block and absorb damage, but he needs to want to deflect it. I probably should have made that clear.He can always block, but reflects one at a time. Well, I gotta go for now, but I'll be back later.

Emperor Ashtar
Mirror Shield reflects beams, a lightning bolt is not a beam, so that argument is null.

I never said he was going to reflect it, my friend. I said he could repel it, since Mirror Shield does more than just reflect stuff. It's a powerful shield that is highly resistant.

As for Nayru's love it doesn't last forever and if it is long range then Link would be limited to normal arrows would be much easier to block than a light arrow.

I know it doesn't last forever, but it last as long as he has magical energy and I said he would use his light arrows to blind Kratos then follow up with a normally arrow.

The Golden Fleece is only on his arm, it's not some armor that wraps his whole body, otherwise that argument would be true, and Fleece is always on and can always be used to block and absorb damage, but he needs to want to deflect it. I probably should have made that clear.He can always block, but reflects one at a time. Well, I gotta go for now, but I'll be back later.

Oh, ok, but if it's always on does that mean he never can take damage?

Superboy Prime
I am liking these arguments.

Sandai Kitetsu
I am liking these arguments.
Links at a disadvantage here, Kratos has all his gear from both games while link has weapons from one gameplus a parry.

Superboy Prime
Hmm...So every GOW gear has been put in combat. Well...lets make it fair and restrict Kratos' arsenal to what he had in the first God of War game.

Sandai Kitetsu
Isn't Kratos the God of War in part II? So, how would this have been a fair fight?

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by emoemuashtar
Isn't Kratos the God of War in part II? So, how would this have been a fair fight? You know what, I'm not sure. 13jockey

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
Isn't Kratos the God of War in part II? So, how would this have been a fair fight?

Because I stated in the intro that Kratos is not the God of War for this fight. And in GoW2 his godhood is taken away.

Guilty Gear
Hello Spartan Prime.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Hello Spartan Prime.

*Nods with battle rifle in hand*

Sandai Kitetsu
Is Golden Fleece an infinite sheild?

Violent2Dope
Well, it doesn't really matter Emp. Fleece is GOWII exclusive. Thanks for f*ckin up my arguments Prime. Now I gotta start from scratch.

Sandai Kitetsu
Well, it doesn't really matter Emp. Fleece is GOWII exclusive. Thanks for f*ckin up my arguments Prime. Now I gotta start from scratch.
It's iight, because I'm bailin' out, too much B.S. in gameversus. Let's just agree to disgree. smile

Violent2Dope
No don't leave.sad

Sandai Kitetsu
No don't leave.sad
It was a great debate, but I'm gonna jump ship.

Violent2Dope
Alright, see ya.

Sandai Kitetsu
I'm still gonna post, just not debate.

Violent2Dope
Oh ok. I'll still debate if a topic that interests me like this one shows up.

quanchi112
kratos kicks his ass

Violent2Dope
I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.