Samus Aran/Master Chief vs Dark Samus/Arbiter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/samus_1.jpg

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00173/Master_Chief__Halo__173063a.jpg

vs

http://lock07.free.fr/Metroid/Dark%20Samus.jpg

http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/leyk/arbiter1.jpg

Battle takes place in Delta Halo.

Blast on!

Lazy MFer
The good guys.

Superboy Prime
Arbiter is a good guy!

Who else?
Originally posted by Lazy MFer
The good guys. The good guys?

What proof is there of that?

They seem equal to me.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Who else?
The good guys?

What proof is there of that?

They seem equal to me.

Agreed.

Unless you just believe the good guys win because...well they are the good guys and therefor they must win.

Besides Arbiter is a good guy, so that argument is flawed in his regard since we will have to discuss actual abilities & accomplishments for the Chief & Arbiter before coming to any conclusion.

The Arbiter is not your ordinary elite. During Halo: Combat Evolved Arbiter was the Supreme Commander of the fleet of Particular Justice(the armada that gets wiped out after Halo's destruction) Elites are typically promoted on the number of enemies they have killed and casualties inflicted on the opposing force. It's safe to bet he has a killed whole lot of peeps throughout his lifespan.

BlaxicanHydra
Master Chief takes out Arbiter while Samus beats dark Samus for... the third time? In a row?

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Master Chief takes out Arbiter while Samus beats dark Samus for... the third time? In a row?

How will John take out the Arbiter?

BlaxicanHydra
Because he's better. He also has a much better track record.

Superboy Prime
Because he's better. He also has a much better track record.

Master Chief being better than the arbiter is just your opinion. I am certain other people think the Arbiter is better than John.

Like I said earlier the Arbiter is not one of the bazillion other elites the Chief has slain. The rank this guy had implies he is a beast in combat. The Prophers made the statement that the missions they were going to give him were suicidal, and yet he is still alive and kicking it.

BlaxicanHydra
The people who say the Arbiter is better are fools, then.

Since when has the Arbiter actually put fear into an army of billions the way the Chief has? Since when has has cybernetic implants that make him near indestructible? The only thing the Arbiter has over the Chief is that he has a more impressive rank. Other then that your left with the fact that he is nothing more then an above average Elite. He has no cybernetic implants to make faster then the Chief, he has no high tech armor (His arbiter armor is actually older then the other Elite's armor) and so far has no actual feats that are impressive, at least compared to the Chief, who near single handedly destroyed the entire Halo by himself and fought whole armies armed with nothing more then an assault rifle and M6D pistol.

The only thing we've seen the Arbiter do is retrieve the key to Halo's activation and essentially getting punked by Tarterus and the Prophets. Feel free to point out anything that puts Arbiter above the Chief. Actually, you already agree that the Chief would kill the Arbiter in the Halo 3 thread. So why bother?

Superboy Prime
The people who say the Arbiter is better are fools, then.

Since when has the Arbiter actually put fear into an army of billions the way the Chief has? Since when has has cybernetic implants that make him near indestructible? The only thing the Arbiter has over the Chief is that he has a more impressive rank. Other then that your left with the fact that he is nothing more then an above average Elite. He has no cybernetic implants to make faster then the Chief, he has no high tech armor (His arbiter armor is actually older then the other Elite's armor) and so far has no actual feats that are impressive, at least compared to the Chief, who near single handedly destroyed the entire Halo by himself and fought whole armies armed with nothing more then an assault rifle and M6D pistol.

The only thing we've seen the Arbiter do is retrieve the key to Halo's activation and essentially getting punked by Tarterus and the Prophets. Feel free to point out anything that puts Arbiter above the Chief. Actually, you already agree that the Chief would kill the Arbiter in the Halo 3 thread. So why bother?

Heh. I was waiting for you to point that out. In the Halo 3 thead I am just spiting General G because of his undying devotion to a member of an alien race that has had no trouble dismembering humans whenever they encounter them.

Spartans and Elites are dead even in every physical aspect. They are as fast, strong, durable and cunning. In fact Elites have an advantage IMO...they are naturally that strong. The Spartans without the MJOLNIR Mark V armor are not as strong or durable as an Elite. It's true that the Arbiter wears an archaic armor, but the shields work the same way as Master Chief's. The only difference between Arbiter's armor and a regular Elite's is that the camo does not last as long.

However I think an actual fight between the 2 of them would be dead-even. Not only did the arbiter kill the Heretic who was using holograms that somehow can actually hurt him, but he also killed Tartarus at the end of Halo 2. The Chief did not almost single-handedly destroy the entire Halo...all he did was help Cortana make the Pillar of Autumn go boom.

And yes...I'll be rooting for m1ster ch3F throughout the entire fight.

Violent2Dope
Well, I think that Arbiter and Samus take it. Dark Samus from what I can tell is more powerful than Samus, only less intelligent. The Arbiter had a high rank which not only implies he has a high kill record, but since he actually controlled the fleet and led it to battle he was likely at least a competant tactician. As Prime has stated, physically Arbiter and MC are dead even. Samus beats Derk Samus primarily because she is smarter IMO, so I think combine DS's power with Arbiter's brain and they would come out on top. Clever thread by the way Prime.

DracotheDragon
The Arbiter. Hands down. He's a badass, and that's why.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Well, I think that Arbiter and Samus take it. Dark Samus from what I can tell is more powerful than Samus, only less intelligent. The Arbiter had a high rank which not only implies he has a high kill record, but since he actually controlled the fleet and led it to battle he was likely at least a competant tactician. As Prime has stated, physically Arbiter and MC are dead even. Samus beats Derk Samus primarily because she is smarter IMO, so I think combine DS's power with Arbiter's brain and they would come out on top. Clever thread by the way Prime.

Thanks. Just trying to make this place interesting, man.

Superboy Prime
Does anyone have a possible scenario for either team's victory?

Violent2Dope
I can make a scenario if you give me more details about the fight, like where the combatants start off or what weapons or something.

Superboy Prime
Hmm...

They will be fighting in Shadaloo headquarters. Samus Aran has the phazon suit and all the powerups she acquired in Metroid Prime.

Dark Samus will have...well everything it had in Metroid Prime Echoes.

Master Chief starts with a battle rifle, shotgun and 2 frag grenades. Chief's also got a bubble shield.

The Arbiter starts with a covenant carbine, energy sword and 2 plasma grenades. The arbiter has a motion sensor jammer.

Every Halo 2 multiplayer weapon is available for them in the battlefield, but they will have to look for them if they want to use them.

Xenogears
Master Chief would pwn Arbiter.

I think Samus and Dark Samus are pretty equal.

I give it to team ugly lol jk MC and Samus FTW.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Hmm...

They will be fighting in Shadaloo headquarters. Samus Aran has the phazon suit and all the powerups she acquired in Metroid Prime.

Master Chief starts with a battle rifle, shotgun and 2 frag grenades. Chief's also got a bubble shield.

The Arbiter starts with a covenant carbine, energy sword and 2 plasma grenades. The arbiter has a motion sensor jammer.

Every Halo 2 multiplayer weapon is available for them in the battlefield, but they will have to look for them if they want to use them. MC and Samus stick together and scout the area looking for Arb and DS. Arbiter comes up with a plan to use DS's superior power with Arb's stealth and brains, DS finds MC and Samus and relentlessly attack, you know, like it always does. With her great power and resilience she distracts them long enough for Arb with his camo on and Carbine equipped sneaks behind Samus(or MC whoever you prefer) he whips out his Energy Sword and kills whoever he targeted in one swipe and DS and Arb team up and kill the one left alive.

Superboy Prime
Sounds possible...but whatever happened to Master Chief's bubble shield? It will make Dark Samus relentless attack uneffective.

Violent2Dope
Sounds possible...but whatever happened to Master Chief's bubble shield? It will make Dark Samus relentless attack uneffective. How long does the bubble shield last?

Superboy Prime
It lasts for quite a while.

Violent2Dope
It lasts for quite a while. An actual estimate please.smile

Superboy Prime
I don't remember because I haven't played the beta in a while...*Tears* Somewhere in between 45 seconds and 1 minute and 30 seconds. Maybe more, maybe less.

Xenogears
I don't remember because I haven't played the beta in a while...*Tears* Somewhere in between 45 seconds and 1 minute and 30 seconds. Maybe more, maybe less. Remember that Team Slayer match we were in on Coagulation you were being pretty wild.

Superboy Prime
Oh hell ****ing yeah!

Xenogears
"Blue Idiot are you really an idiot?"

"Hell yeah Chico!"

Violent2Dope
You guys play XBOX Live together? Oh and Dark Samus is uber powerful she can stall them for more than 1 minute 30 seconds.

Superboy Prime
Samus & Chief can definitely come up with good plan to put Dark Samus down in the time it takes the bubble shield to disable. Unfortunately I am currently obsessing over KOS-MOS and am spending time learning more about her.

Xenogears
KOS-MOS RULZ!

Violent2Dope
Dark Samus has a lot of durability so she would last longer than a minute in a half.

Superboy Prime
And the Chief and Samus have a lot of durability as well. Besides all I said was that they could just sit there pointing and laughint at Dark Samus while they come up with a plan to dismantle it.

Violent2Dope
And the Chief and Samus have a lot of durability as well. Besides all I said was that they could just sit there pointing and laughint at Dark Samus while they come up with a plan to dismantle it. Samus is also fast and can dodge shots, but they would have to come up with a quick plan if the shields only last a minute in a half. Remember, DS is only a diversion from the real threat, Arbiter's stealthy beam sword kill.

Superboy Prime
That would be a problem if Samus didn't have so many visors.

Violent2Dope
That would be a problem if Samus didn't have so many visors. I anticipated that. They would be focused on DS and while Arb would be hiding behind a wall while they were behind the shield and then when DS is able to fight them while they are focused on DS Arbiter runs up with camo on and carbine out, switches to sword and takes one of the two out in one move. She won't have any visor that will allow her to see Arb on while fighting DS.

Superboy Prime

Violent2Dope

BlaxicanHydra
Yeah I think that Arbiter's energy sword could give him the win. Too damn powerful.

Violent2Dope
Yeah I think that Arbiter's energy sword could give him the win. Too damn powerful. Basically the scenario in my mind is that Arbiter comes up with a plan for the less intelligent DS to follow. DS ambushes MC and Samus while MC uses a bubble shield to buy time and attack DS while it's up, the minute in a half it's up won't be enough to take DS down of course and when it's gone DS will attack them relentlessly causing a distraction for Arb camo up sword put away to sneak up on them and whip out the sword to one shot one of the opponents and DS and Arb will team the remaining one and kill them.

Superboy Prime
But I don't recall giving either team prep. BTW the Shotgun can easily fend off the energy sword.

BlaxicanHydra
Now that I have a good idea of there equipment here's my scenario.

Master Chief uses his bubble and shield and holds out against Dark Samus long enough for Samus, the walking tank/strongest character here, takes out Arbiter. In about a minute. Now they're left only with the retarded Dark Samus, Samus flanks her while the Chief uses a combination of grenades and bullets until she dies.

Superboy Prime
ROFL@retarded Dark Samus. I haven't played Echoes...why is Dark Samus considered to be so stupid?

BlaxicanHydra
She's powerful but kind of more animalistic then sentient, I think.

Superboy Prime
***SPOILERS***

Isn't Dark Samus Metroid Prime?

Violent2Dope
Yes. Also, I was confused and thought that the teams would start out in different rooms or sumthin. Thanks for f*ckin up my scenario Prime!mad

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Yes. Also, I was confused and thought that the teams would start out in different rooms or sumthin. Thanks for f*ckin up my scenario Prime!mad

How did I do that when I was pretty clear in the stipulations of the fight?

dur

Xenogears
^I am the only one who posted in your Machinima topic and the link is in your sig.

Superboy Prime
Yeah...don't remind me.

Xenogears
Did you really type all that?

And I sent you a pm.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Xenogears
Did you really type all that?

And I sent you a pm.

Of course I did not.

No you didn't send me a pm.

Xenogears
I knew it!

I speculated that there was some kind of issue with the pming system. I was once criticized for not having responded to a pm which was supposedly sent to me, though actually wasn't...

I'll try to send it to you again.

TricksterPriest
This is a closer fight than you'd think. Dark Samus isn't nearly as stupid as people are making her out. She's primal, but she does have basic tactics and some understanding of technology. Which version of her are they fighting?

Btw, it took everything Samus had to beat her final form. Her invulnerability is almost perfect, except for Phazon particles.

Violent2Dope
That's why I think that with Arbiter at her reins they win.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
This is a closer fight than you'd think. Dark Samus isn't nearly as stupid as people are making her out. She's primal, but she does have basic tactics and some understanding of technology. Which version of her are they fighting?

Btw, it took everything Samus had to beat her final form. Her invulnerability is almost perfect, except for Phazon particles.

Hmm...

Every Halo 2 multiplayer weapon is available for them in the battlefield, but they will have to look for them if they want to use them.

Hope this helps, TP.

Guilty Gear
Why do some people attempt to prove characters' invulnerablities by using game mechanics that incorporate no logic whatsoever?

Violent2Dope
If you're talking about DS I'm sayin that it just seems to me that she has more power than any of the other combatants, but just isn't as intelligent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.