Best Summer Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

captblack
Which movie deserves the title BEST SUMMER MOVIE?

Röland
I'm going to vote for a movie that is not in your list that's going to be released later this month; Sunshine.

I've seen nothing but good things about it on the net.

exanda kane
Sunshine was a great film. Came out over here a few months back though.

Röland
Originally posted by exanda kane
Sunshine was a great film. Came out over here a few months back though.

Not till the 28th for the US. sad

captblack
sorry i could only add 10 slots so i put up the big blockbusters. i heard sunshine it was good also

=Tired Hiker=
Transformers.

MildPossession
Sunshine was rather good.

mitchum
Out of the choices, Transformers by far. Spider-Man 3 I felt wasn't as good as the last two. POTC 3, it was just all over the place. And as for all the other ones, I haven't seen them, but I'm more than certain they don't top Transformers.

And I've never heard of Sunshine, quick summary please?

Röland
Originally posted by mitchum
Out of the choices, Transformers by far. Spider-Man 3 I felt wasn't as good as the last two. POTC 3, it was just all over the place. And as for all the other ones, I haven't seen them, but I'm more than certain they don't top Transformers.

And I've never heard of Sunshine, quick summary please?

From IMDB.com

Its due out the 27th of this month to all markets in the U.S. (I was wrong before about the 28th)

mitchum

Röland
Originally posted by mitchum
Thanks. (one day big whoop)

Hey what day did Transformers come out for you guys(Americans).

Not sure, let me check..

It was released on the 3rd.

mitchum

ADarksideJedi
Pirates all the way!jm

vinz07
Harry Potter...best for all season...

Myth
For me Live Free or Die Hard out of the ones listed, but I'm guessing Rescue Dawn will be my favorite of the summer (not much of a big budget movie fan).

InnerRise
Spider-Man 3

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

sithsaber408
Transformers, easily.

Tyranno-Chris
You left out Disturbia sad , anyway SM3 was my fav smile

exanda kane
I revise my opinion. Although I have not seen Transformers yet (Michael bay, eugh) I'd say Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was a bloody good film.

captblack
Originally posted by Tyranno-Chris
You left out Disturbia sad , anyway SM3 was my fav smile

SORRRRYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! i loved that movie how could i Forget it dang.

Myth
Originally posted by exanda kane
I revise my opinion. Although I have not seen Transformers yet (Michael bay, eugh) I'd say Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was a bloody good film.

I hate Michael Bay as much as the next guy, but Transformers was alright (yes, just alright, no better, no worse). Although Bay had an advantage going into something many of us were biased to in the first place making it easy to overlook plot holes and poor character development.

Solo
I wouldn't really consider Ratatouille and Knocked Up blockbusters. That said, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is my favorite blockbuster yet.

Myth
Who said best Blockbuster? It says best "movie".

exanda kane
Originally posted by Myth
I hate Michael Bay as much as the next guy, but Transformers was alright (yes, just alright, no better, no worse). Although Bay had an advantage going into something many of us were biased to in the first place making it easy to overlook plot holes and poor character development.

He really did. The sly dog. Good luck to him, really, and I hope he makes a movie we can't say "bit cheesy though" too. He's like the most dilute form of creative talent Hollywood has to offer.

SnakeEyes
To be honest, I probably enjoyed Knocked Up more than any other movie I've seen this summer. I laughed my ass off the whole time.

Second place goes to either Transformers or Live Free or Die Hard.

Both were very entertaining, which is the main aspect of what I look for in a summer flick.

Myth
Knocked Up beats most of these movies IMO as well. I'm trying to think of what else I've seen this summer, because I'm surprised if Die Hard was the best I've seen so far.

Edit: Well, I just looked up what was released since May (summer really kind of started for me in May), and not much of anything that I really liked have came out.

1. Live Free or Die Hard
2. Knocked Up
3. Spidey-3/Transformers (I'm tempted to say I'm leaning towards Spidey but neither of these I found to be anything special)

Solo
Originally posted by Myth
Who said best Blockbuster? It says best "movie".
When I think of summer movies, I don't think of quality films. I think of blockbusters - movies that draw you in because of explosions or large fan bases.

I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Myth
Its what I think of too, but it doesn't mean the other ones aren't summer movies. So what is your overall favorite in this case?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.