One thing the prophecy does fortell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zombieman
I was thinking about the wording of the prophecy the other night while watching OOTP. It occurred to me that, because of the way it is worded, Harry CANNOT possibly be a Horcrux.

Neither can live while the other survives.

Surely if Harry was a Horcrux and he survived, then Voldemort would survive too as part of the dark lord's soul would be stored safely.

Anyone else think that the wording of the prophecy disproves the Harry as a Horcrux theory?

ndfreak
there are many threads on the prophecy or if not that the deathly hallows discussion threads... please use those.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by zombieman
I was thinking about the wording of the prophecy the other night while watching OOTP. It occurred to me that, because of the way it is worded, Harry CANNOT possibly be a Horcrux.

Neither can live while the other survives.

Surely if Harry was a Horcrux and he survived, then Voldemort would survive too as part of the dark lord's soul would be stored safely.

Anyone else think that the wording of the prophecy disproves the Harry as a Horcrux theory?

In other words, Harry would have to destroy himself, and then destroy Voldemort.

This is true, and the main reason I don't believe Harry is a Horcrux.

miss_swann
I don't think Harry is a horcrux, can we just rattle of the suspected horcruxes:
slytherins ring
the snake
the diary
huffelpuffs cup
slytherins locket
something of ravenclaws???
something of gryfindors???
and then it's voldemort himself

is that right?

Lana
Originally posted by miss_swann
I don't think Harry is a horcrux, can we just rattle of the suspected horcruxes:
slytherins ring
the snake
the diary
huffelpuffs cup
slytherins locket
something of ravenclaws???
something of gryfindors???
and then it's voldemort himself

is that right?

Not quite.

Voldemort split his soul into 7 parts (or so they assume), but the last part would still reside in his body. So there'd be 6 horcruxes. Slytherin's ring, locket, the diary, and Hufflepuff's cup are ones they know for sure, Nagini is an educated guess, and then the last is believed to be something that had belonged to either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor.

It was said that the only remaining relic of Gryffindor's that they know of is the sword, which is accounted for, so the last is likely to be something of Ravenclaw's.

Syren
*rubs eyes*

Doth mine eyes deceive me? Is that Lana? eek!

Lana
Yes it's me stick out tongue we all know I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, I just don't generally post in this forum because...well...I have my reasons.

And I made a bit of a mistake by saying that Gryffindor's only known relic is accounted for (the sword) - there's actually two that are known of, but as the other is the Sorting Hat that's also accounted for and thus not a Horcrux.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.