The Punisher Or The Hulk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Both are heavily criticized "heroes."

People see The Hulk as a wild, dnagerous monster.
Others see him as a being who just wants to be left alone and if humanity was better to The Hulk, The Hulk would be better to them.

People also see The Punisher as a homicidal lunatic with no real conscience of morals in how he dispenses HIS justice to the world.
Others see a man who merely takes the law into his own hands because the law fails.

Which, in the end, is worse?

AcousticDoc
Hulk because he kills out of pure rage. There's no telling how many innocents an enraged hulk would kill because his rage over takes his empathy and logic completely. Whereas the punisher can control his anger and rage to only those who really deserve it.

grey fox
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Hulk because he kills out of pure rage. There's no telling how many innocents an enraged hulk would kill because his rage over takes his empathy and logic completely. Whereas the punisher can control his anger and rage to only those who really deserve it.

Yes but Punishers amorality makes up for that , He'd let you out of a cage and then kill you if he found out that you had committed even a (reasonably minor ) crime.

Martian_mind
Hulks mnd is barel civil,and he has showed mercy.when Punisher is killing does he?

NoFate007
To an extent, Hulk is worse. Punisher doesn't harm innocent people really, but Hulk wouldn't take it into consideration during a rage. If Banner himself could control it, obviously Hulk would have no morality problem, but since he can't, Hulk's a touchy hero. He's able to decipher right and wrong, it seems, but not to the extent that he needs to in order to be classified as a true hero. Punisher is a hero in the sense that he's trying to better the world, but he's ruining himself in the process. Hulk is worse, but he's certainly no villain.

Dinalfos
Well, Hulk has a history of peacefulness and relative innocence, as well as horrible, relentless violence.

Frank is a little more on the violent side, although he's far less of a threat to mankind.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Hulks mnd is barel civil,and he has showed mercy.when Punisher is killing does he?

Maybe...but I meant more along the lines of collateral damage. If someone hulk hated was riding in a public bus, hulk would smack it aside to get to that person without worrying about the other people inside getting hurt. If frank was in the same situation he would never risk hurting the other people just to get to his target.

willRules
Originally posted by Nikkolas

Others see him as a being who just wants to be left alone and if humanity was better to The Hulk, The Hulk would be better to them.

People also see The Punisher as a homicidal lunatic with no real conscience of morals in how he dispenses HIS justice to the world.
Others see a man who merely takes the law into his own hands because the law fails.

Morally, how can one be worse than the other if they are both responsible for the deaths of others ?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by willRules
Morally, how can one be worse than the other if they are both responsible for the deaths of others ?

Frank is a sadistic nutcase who gets off on killing criminals.
Hulk is usually a scared child who kills only accidentally or in self defense.

There's a huge difference IMO.

Badabing
Hulk just wants to be left the f**k alone.

jgiant
Two of my favorite characters...but in the end hulk will cause more bad than good...punisher kills those who have it coming to them...hulk might accidentally kill an innocent...tho he might not mean to, it doesn't change the fact.

NiņoAraņa
i see Hulk worse because he's far more potent in causing damage. though i really think that Punisher is less morally bound then Hulk.

Originally posted by Badabing
Hulk just wants to be left the f**k alone. thumb up

Morridini
Well Punisher can resist killing if he want to, if u notice War Journal 1-3 and his appearences in Civil War. And he never go after innocents, so I would say Hulk is worse.

willRules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Frank is a sadistic nutcase who gets off on killing criminals.
Hulk is usually a scared child who kills only accidentally or in self defense.

There's a huge difference IMO.

One is moreso to blame than the other due to killing through choice, granted but both are responsible for many deaths. Both are morally wrong.

Symmetric Chaos
One is moreso to blame than the other due to killing through choice, granted but both are responsible for many deaths. Both are morally wrong.

Technically because Hulk is retarded (using Savage who's caused the most damage) he can't be held morally accountable for his actions, at least not at the level that Frank can, because he doesn't know what he's doing. There's a huge moral difference between murdering a person and killing them because you're scared or don't realize how fragile they are.

If anyone is in the extreme moral wrong out of Hulk and Punisher it would probably have to be Banner erm

llagrok
I think the Punisher is worse.

Hulk isn't particularly smart, he's driven by rage and feelings. You can't blame him any more than you can blame an animal or a child for tipping over your grandma's ming vase.

Punisher's a bit different, he's much more of a hypocrite.

Juntai
Technically because Hulk is retarded (using Savage who's caused the most damage) he can't be held morally accountable for his actions, at least not at the level that Frank can, because he doesn't know what he's doing. There's a huge moral difference between murdering a person and killing them because you're scared or don't realize how fragile they are.

If anyone is in the extreme moral wrong out of Hulk and Punisher it would probably have to be Banner erm I think you mean Castle, jugding by the context of your post?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Juntai
I think you mean Castle, jugding by the context of your post?

No, I actually mean Banner. He's responsible for allowing Hulk to keep on hurting people. As much as he tries to keep from hurting others he has to be aware that there's no way he can actually control the Hulk.

llagrok
Technically because Hulk is retarded (using Savage who's caused the most damage) he can't be held morally accountable for his actions, at least not at the level that Frank can, because he doesn't know what he's doing. There's a huge moral difference between murdering a person and killing them because you're scared or don't realize how fragile they are. /B]

Co-sign.

That doesn't go for World War Hulk though.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by llagrok
Co-sign.

That doesn't go for World War Hulk though.

True.

willRules

If anyone is in the extreme moral wrong out of Hulk and Punisher it would probably have to be Banner erm

I'd disagree due to how morally accountable I think the Hulk or Banner should be but I nonetheless respect your opinion yes

llagrok
I'd disagree due to how morally accountable I think the Hulk or Banner should be but I nonetheless respect your opinion yes

He's not more morally accountable than the punisher.

jgiant
I think the Punisher is worse.

Hulk isn't particularly smart, he's driven by rage and feelings. You can't blame him any more than you can blame an animal or a child for tipping over your grandma's ming vase.

Punisher's a bit different, he's much more of a hypocrite. How is he a hypocrite???

Nikkolas
I guess because he's committing a crime by executing criminals, thus in fact making himself a criminal.

But who cares.

Martian_mind
Punisher should excecute himself big grin

Nikkolas
Punisher fans would burn down Marvel Headquarters to prove that violent comics don't cause violence in real life.

....ikilling off favorite characters does.

willRules
He's not more morally accountable than the punisher.

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear, I don't think one is more morally accountable than the other (By my own beliefs I don't consider that possible) but I think that both characters are nonetheless morally accountable yes

llagrok
Oh sorry, I wasn't clear, I don't think one is more morally accountable than the other (By my own beliefs I don't consider that possible) but I think that both characters are nonetheless morally accountable yes

That's frighteningly narrow minded no expression

You'd execute a 4 year old for killing his baby sister in a fit of rage?

Symmetric Chaos

He's Texan shifty

willRules

confused

You mean killing four year olds is wrong? confused

You guys and your jokes laughing confused

llagrok
confused

You mean killing four year olds is wrong? confused

You guys and your jokes laughing confused

eek! For year olds are the devil!

jgiant
I guess because he's committing a crime by executing criminals, thus in fact making himself a criminal.

But who cares. He kills people that cause harm to innocent...he doesn't kill people who kill bad people, he kills people that stand to harm the innocent, he doesn't do it to protect the innocent, he does it because he hates scum...and i really don't think he cares or thinks twice about what he does.

AcousticDoc
What Frank did in Punisher #49 was morally wrong and disturbing.

llagrok
For the record, Wolverine found "men swimsuit" magazines in Frank's bag one time, in their crossover :=

Symmetric Chaos
For the record, Wolverine found "men swimsuit" magazines in Frank's bag one time, in their crossover :=

morally wrong and disturbing.

stick out tongue

jgiant
Wat did he do that was morally distubing in issue 49? Are u talking about the last page?

Alfheim
Nice sig J. thumb up

Meh apart from that there is no other indication to say that his sexual preference.

Nikkolas
I think he's been known to tap the ass of the wives of criminals and so on.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by jgiant
Wat did he do that was morally distubing in issue 49? Are u talking about the last page?

The whole thing. ****ing that woman who had her nipples sliced off when she was covered with blood and guts as well...after watching her beat to death another person. How the hell can a guy even get it up in that scenario!? Must have been kind of weird to have his dick still in her after she shot her brains out.

Symmetric Chaos
The whole thing. ****ing that woman who had her nipples sliced off when she was covered with blood and guts as well...after watching her beat to death another person. How the hell can a guy even get it up in that scenario!?

If you have to ask . . .

Must have been kind of weird to have his dick still in her after she shot her brains out.

Doubt he cared. The body tenses up momentarily during a traumatic death. For hanging victims it's even been known to cause orgasms.

Citizen V
The whole thing. ****ing that woman who had her nipples sliced off when she was covered with blood and guts as well...after watching her beat to death another person. How the hell can a guy even get it up in that scenario!? Must have been kind of weird to have his dick still in her after she shot her brains out.

Believe me, I've got it up in far worse situations haermm.

That ain't nothing..

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by Citizen V
Believe me, I've got it up in far worse situations haermm.

That ain't nothing..

... sick

Nikkolas
Which issue of Punisher is this again...?

Sounds MAX to me. That's Ennis' twisted, non-canon bullshit where Frank is some supernatural destruction machine instead of a very human and real vigilante with reasoning.

jgiant
Originally posted by Alfheim
Nice sig J. thumb up

Meh apart from that there is no other indication to say that his sexual preference. Thanx...

Sounds MAX to me. That's Ennis' twisted, non-canon bullshit where Frank is some supernatural destruction machine instead of a very human and real vigilante with reasoning. Are you implying that MAX series is non-canon? That is farthest from the truth, u might be thinking of marvel knights. Give Ennis a break.

Nikkolas
MAX isn't canon. From what I hear, Frank's family's death is completely different. They aren't murdered by Bruno Costa but are caught in a mob war or something. Also, Micro is alive in the MAX series and he was killed in continuity and is still very much dead in continuity.

AcousticDoc
I have only picked up a few max issues. Is micro a badguy in Max? I never really did understand why Frank killed him in 616.

Passione

The hulk. He acts out of uncontrolable rage while Frank Castle just seeks out for Justice.

Badabing
Originally posted by Passione
The hulk. He acts out of uncontrolable rage while Frank Castle just seeks out for Justice. I agree.

Citizen V
'Uncontrollable' being the primary word, he can't control it, whereas Punisher purposely goes out of his way to murder and kill people (whether they're good or bad doesn't really matter, its still murder).

Whereas for several decades, Hulk NEVER killed, until Bendis screwed it up with that retcon.

Punisher's far worse.

Badabing
Originally posted by Citizen V
'Uncontrollable' being the primary word, he can't control it, whereas Punisher purposely goes out of his way to murder and kill people (whether they're good or bad doesn't really matter, its still murder).

Whereas for several decades, Hulk NEVER killed, until Bendis screwed it up with that retcon.

Punisher's far worse. Umm, Frank's Italian...Nuff Said! Those people all deserved to get whacked.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Badabing
Umm, Frank's Italian...Nuff Said! Those people all deserved to get whacked.

He's Sicilian IIRC.

Whoooooole different kettle of fish.

jgiant
MAX isn't canon. From what I hear, Frank's family's death is completely different. They aren't murdered by Bruno Costa but are caught in a mob war or something. Also, Micro is alive in the MAX series and he was killed in continuity and is still very much dead in continuity. Exactly what i wanted, you admitting you don't know just hear say about Punisher MAX series...Just kidding, i guess i didn't use non-cannon and cannon correctly, i usually think they are associated with crossovers and stuff like that...sure it isn't marvel 616 continuity but its still MAX continuity, which is far more realistic than having frank fight superhero's all day. Micro was alive in the first MAX arc until frank blew his head off with a shotgun.

Alfheim

Sounds MAX to me. That's Ennis' twisted, non-canon bullshit where Frank is some supernatural destruction machine instead of a very human and real vigilante with reasoning.

Well boy Punisher used to kick ass back in the day until some stupid idiots decided that Frank was just a guy with a gun. They should get Brubaker to write Punisher, he seems to bless every character he writes.

jgiant
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well boy Punisher used to kick ass back in the day until some stupid idiots decided that Frank was just a guy with a gun. They should get Brubaker to write Punisher, he seems to bless every character he writes. He still kicks ass in MAX, and his current run in War Journal is a little slow now but he kicked rino's ass and killed stilts man, it looks like this next issue will have him kicking Hate Mongers ass!

Alfheim
Originally posted by jgiant
He still kicks ass in MAX, and his current run in War Journal is a little slow now but he kicked rino's ass and killed stilts man, it looks like this next issue will have him kicking Hate Mongers ass!

Yeah but in all fairness Rhino is a big loser. They probably killed Stilt Man because....well look at his name its like DC created him. Ok Hatemenger is better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.