Darksiders: Wrath Of War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
This is a new DMC/God Of War clone where you play as War one of Apocalypse's horseman who stuck on Earth for some reasons.The unique thing about this game that you will be able to use objects against your enemies like picking up cars,statutes,weapons like gatling gun and such.Also it is said that it will have a kind of "free roam" in it.

Trailers:
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5153.html

Estacado
The developers say that the game will a God Of War/Devil May Cry fighting system but the gameplay will be very similar to Zelda with free roam in it....
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21866.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22357.html

IceJaw
Sounds cool.

No gameplay footage?

Estacado
This is from the E3 demo.....they still have much work to do.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21723.html

IceJaw
Yeah, some parts look like crap but I liked the part where those tentacles bend the train cart, looked pretty believable.

Impediment
It looks amazing. Also, I like the fact that Joe Madureira is involved. He is a very talented artist/creator, IMO.

Estacado
Some new videos......

Dark-Jaxx
It angers me that it said DMC/God of War gameplay, which implys they are at all similar in quality.

But yeah it is looking good so far. I will at least rent it.

Estacado
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
It angers me that it said DMC/God of War gameplay, which implys they are at all similar in quality.

But yeah it is looking good so far. I will at least rent it.
Only the fighting is similar but Darksiders is more like an open world adventure game....

Dark-Jaxx
No, I mean that comparing DMC to GoW is advocation of the Devil. Fvck DMC. 131

Estacado
Oh......mmm

Anyways here is the Intro..
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36515.html

Estacado
A preview.....
http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6193696&pid=942006

Some screens.......
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/818/818226/imgs_1.html

Impediment
I just watched the intro. Very cool.

The things I've heard about this game is that it will be more Legend of Zelda-esque in that it will focus on open world exploration and dungeon levels.

Estacado
New gameplay....
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/818226/virgil-games-project/videos/darksiders_spc_commentary.html

Impediment
Still anticipating this game.

I have high hopes for it.

Kazenji
A new DMC/God Of War clone minus a white hair pretty boy

yeah this game looks good from the pictures i've seen.

Kazenji
Gameplay video

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/11/darksiders-instruments-of-destruction/

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Estacado
This is a new DMC/God Of War clone where you play as War one of Apocalypse's horseman who stuck on Earth for some reasons.The unique thing about this game that you will be able to use objects against your enemies like picking up cars,statutes,weapons like gatling gun and such.Also it is said that it will have a kind of "free roam" in it.

Trailers:

GTA-style freedom for the combat fanatics. Also, clone? BS.

~ By the way, someone here was saying the War is going to get bulked down (or needs to be, I forget). Do you know if that's true, or false?

Kazenji
I don't give a shit if it is or is'nt a clone as long as it plays good and has a decent story.

Demonic Phoenix
Good to know.

Ms.Marvel
war looks like one of the most cookie cutter characters ever. laughing out loud

Impediment
Apparently, Pestilence and Famine, the other two traditional Horsemen of the Apocalypse, have been replaced by Fury and Strife. Lame.

The game play looks very solid. Zelda-esque exploration with GOW and DMC fighting combos.

Young_Angel
That's what I thought too.

But I can't wait to play it! Watched the trailers... awesome. With a capital 'A'. big grin

Darth Vicious
One of my boys got it already and he says its a masterpiece. While I take his comment with a grain of salt, im really looking forward to this game even more now.

FistOfThe North
the game's crazy fun. it didn't bore me at all. it's the first time in a while that i've played a game for longer than i did this one. the way war destroys ememies so mercilessly is crazy and has just this wow factor all the time. like the way he does it makes you say "god damn. he killed the sh*t outta that enemy". lol.

can't wait play it again.

FistOfThe North
edit:

i really meant to say:

"it's the first time in a while since i've played a game for more than an hour straight."

and my score on it so far's an 8/10. it can get repetitive at times with the moves but not enough to spoil the game.

Impediment
I'll be buying this game this weekend.

I wish I could buy it tomorrow, but I need to wait for my pay check.

Nemesis X
I'm sick and tired of games having gameplay similar to DMC. Seriously, just saying DMC makes the game feel gay.

Anyways, the idea for the horsemen of apocalypse to be betrayed by Satan does sound awesome but can it be as exciting as we expect it to be? In the past, I used to trust soon-to-be-released games with interesting plots and when that game came out, I was shattered. Which is why I mostly now rely on just renting and checking online reviews.

Phanteros
never trust payed critics reviews they can easly be bribed

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Impediment
I'll be buying this game this weekend.

I wish I could buy it tomorrow, but I need to wait for my pay check. embarrasment same here.

S_D_J
I didn't know anything about this game until I saw this thread... read the review on IGN just now... sounds better than Bayonetta

Impediment
Never played Bayonetta.

Allankles
Played through the first 4 hours yesterday, the game has a lot going for it.

It's a lot like Zelda minus the irritating back tracking in dungeons to get keys. The combat is also pretty intense, I'm liking the unlockable combo moves especially with Chaos Eater.

I'm happy with the purchase so far, a lot of variety and I've only played 4 hrs.

Allankles
And the way I killed the first boss was sick, I hit her with two 28 hit combos with Chaos Eater.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm sick and tired of games having gameplay similar to DMC. Seriously, just saying DMC makes the game feel gay.

I've also read its like the Zelda games.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
I've also read its like the Zelda games.

So pretty much we'll have to solve pain in the ass puzzles, explore a lot of dungeons, fight enemies that will make you feel bored, have a cast of characters we'll find really annoying and come to hate them, have a protagonist who will have everyone provoking him because they think he's queer, cheesy plot devices, and having gamers turn into uncontrollable fanboys who spew mostly lies in Games Versus threads?

Ms.Marvel
your hatred is palpable no expression

Kazenji
So pretty much we'll have to solve pain in the ass puzzles,

Whats your problem with pain in the arse puzzles?

Not everything has to be about shooting and killing things

exploring is good erm

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
Whats your problem with pain in the arse puzzles?

Not everything has to be about shooting and killing things

exploring is good erm

Here's my issue with pain in the ass puzzles. They get me stuck for possibly two days and that's just irritating.

You must be joking...

Yeah exploring is good but not in dungeons. Unless of course it's in an Uncharted game of course. Dungeon exploring in Legend of Zelda was always a nuisance when you have to find the keys, go back to the location you were already at that's far away, and find even more pain in the ass puzzles that weren't even remotely entertaining.

Kazenji

You must be joking...

i'm not joking

sounds like for you almost everything needs to be shoot or killed in your games that you pick....

Was'nt that much of a nuisance depends on which dungeon some of them were piss easy.

Impediment
I just got to Abbadon.

Freaky shit.

Impediment
I'm at the cathedral now. I have to find Tiamat and rip out her still beating heart to give to Vulgrim, I believe is his name.

This game is definitely on par with the likes of Legend of Zelda.

The dungeon I am currently exploring is massive.

The dungeon weapon, the Crossblade, is fun to use, and the mini-boss, The Jailer was AWESOME looking.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a long game to finish, but it will be a very fun experience.

My only gripe is the lack of creativity when swinging War's sword. No variations, so far. It's very repetitive. Still, this game is sold, so far.

Impediment
I just had to make a Darksiders sig. This game is too sick.

Kazenji
This game has been in the UAE

http://gameslatest.com/2010/01/06/darksiders-gets-the-ban-hammer-in-emirates/

That ACDC Chick
this looks like a pretty awesome game
dont know if id ever play it anytime soon cause im not a fan of zombies or dark places in video games

Impediment
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
this looks like a pretty awesome game
dont know if id ever play it anytime soon cause im not a fan of zombies or dark places in video games

It's not zombies, rather the legions of Hell and angels of Heaven. It's dark, but it is exquisitely beautiful.

ares834
Samael is probably the coolest character model I have ever seen.

Impediment
I disagree. He looks to much like The Lord of Darkness from the film Legend. He still looks cool, though.

The Jailer looked f*cking awesome trippy!

Allankles
My only gripe is the lack of creativity when swinging War's sword. No variations, so far. It's very repetitive. Still, this game is sold, so far.

You know you can unlock different skills for the weapons with Vulgrim, right? There's some variation.

Young_Angel
Gonna get the game sometime this week. Hopefully, I can get help from you guys as well. ^^

Joe Mad is totally awesome! big grin

FistOfThe North
I disagree. He looks to much like The Lord of Darkness from the film Legend. He still looks cool, though.

wow, "Legend" with tom cruise. a classic oldie. and come to think of it Samael does look just like the lord of darkness in that film in both the face and the body. sounds like him too.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
wow, "Legend" with tom cruise. a classic oldie. and come to think of it Samael does look just like the lord of darkness in that film in both the face and the body. sounds like him too.

Tiamats' face and death laugh look and sound an awful like the predator as well lol. I thought that was cool.

I've been having a lot of fun with the game. Other than a few sluggish button responses the controls and camera have been so smooth. The crossblades doesn't work nearly as well as the glave in Dark sector but i was pleasantly surprised to acquire the weapon. The story is even pretty interesting. I like how the gameplay focuses heavily on the puzzle and then mini boss battle pacing.

Nemesis X
Is the Watcher voiced by the same guy who voiced Joker in Arkham Asylum? I hear his voice and I'm instantly remembering Joker.

Ms.Marvel
mark hamill aka luke skywalker? thats who does jokers voice.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
mark hamill aka luke skywalker? thats who does jokers voice.

So Watcher is voiced by mark hamill?

Ms.Marvel
i dunno. big grin

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i dunno. big grin

You don't have to know anyway. I just went on a few sites and found out hamill does voice Watcher.

Darth Vicious
Is the Watcher voiced by the same guy who voiced Joker in Arkham Asylum? I hear his voice and I'm instantly remembering Joker.

LOL I noticed that right away. It turns out it is Mark Hamill's voice. The guy is awesome!

Stq_0dgkbO0

Just got the game yesterday. So far the game's pretty good. Here's a cheat code I found. It gives u an extra weapon right away and it doesnt conflict with achievements like most cheat codes.

The Hollow Lord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.