What matters more...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
So I have all guy friends. Seriously. Like... alot of them. My parents are trying to convince me that I need to hang out with more chicks. I don't like the girls here... But anyways. I complain sometimes that no guy is ever interested in me, which my two best friends say is complete bull shit... and it is. But I'm talking about like.. a guy that I'm interested in.

My friends are trying to convince me that it doesn't matter what they look like as long as they have an awesome personality no expression Okay... yea I wouldn't date a hot self centered douche... doesn't mean they don't spark an interest. But I'm not going to date a 'Grade A' Ugo who buys me flowers and candy and confesses his undying love to me every single day *shivers*.

I'm a really complex person happy I don't like mooshy guys but I don't like jackasses either... BUT I think that looks do matter more than personality. They said that thats a really shallow way to look at things but I mean seriously... come on. Who would really want to date a guy who looks like a troll on meth? I need to be attracted to the guy physically.

I think looks matter more than personality. By just a smidge though.

Röland
I think looks matter more than personality as well. But personality still plays a huge role when you are with someone.

When you are single and looking to meet a guy/girl, what do you look for first? You look for a person who is pleasing to YOUR eye. Unless you can read minds, you usually know next to nothing about this person. I think it's natural, when looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend, to look at their physical traits first. People want to enjoy what they can see and touch.

To be honest I can't stand when people label other people as shallow. It makes no sense. I'm single right now and when I go back for my second year of school I'm going to look for girls I find attractive, I'm not going to be like "Well maybe that girl's personality is better then how attractive I find her." How can I say that when I know nothing about said girl? It would be like going all in before the flop blind. You have no idea what cards are going to come up and 90% of the time you get burned.

I bolded the I's and YOUR because I don't like to say people are ugly, rather I like to think different people find different traits attractive.

Da Rev
Hey, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothing. But I think Unicorns Kick ass.

Röland
Originally posted by Da Rev
Hey, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothing. But I think Unicorns Kick ass.

*waits for Barker, Mist, Kramer, Thorinn to call you queer* jockey

Ronny

Ronny
Hey, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothing. But I think Unicorns Kick ass. Hey, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin'. But I'd really like to make love to you tonight.

darthsith19
Personality should matter more, but usually looks matter more when finding someone. But then, if the person with looks has bad personality then that doesn't work, either, so it's kinda a combination.

btw, we have the same birthday. w00t

Da Rev
Originally posted by Ronny
Hey, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin'. But I'd really like to make love to you tonight. I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think Depeche Mode is a sweet band!

Sanctuary
Personality. dancing

Punkyhermy
The biggest part looks play in any relationship are during its begining stages.It is looks that determine whether or not you'd bother approaching a person. It is the physical representation of the said person that we will fully take in upon encountering, guaranteed. It may lead on to something more, and it may be the only thing we see of this person.

After that, the importance of looks in the opposite sex depends on what you want. If its physical activity you're interested in, looks will be THE deciding factor. If its a long serious relationship that you fancy, you'll automatically cut more than enough slack regarding your partner's physical appearance.

Slay
I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think Depeche Mode is a sweet band!
Welcome to the club. You'll receive your pink thong someday during the next two weeks.
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
The biggest part looks play in any relationship are during its begining stages.It is looks that determine whether or not you'd bother approaching a person. It is the physical representation of the said person that we will fully take in upon encountering, guaranteed. It may lead on to something more, and it may be the only thing we see of this person.

After that, the importance of looks in the opposite sex depends on what you want. If its physical activity you're interested in, looks will be THE deciding factor. If its a long serious relationship that you fancy, you'll automatically cut more than enough slack regarding your partner's physical appearance. I agree with this.

Coldplay suck.

Rogue Jedi
So I have all guy friends. Seriously. Like... alot of them. My parents are trying to convince me that I need to hang out with more chicks. I don't like the girls here... But anyways. I complain sometimes that no guy is ever interested in me, which my two best friends say is complete bull shit... and it is. But I'm talking about like.. a guy that I'm interested in.

My friends are trying to convince me that it doesn't matter what they look like as long as they have an awesome personality no expression Okay... yea I wouldn't date a hot self centered douche... doesn't mean they don't spark an interest. But I'm not going to date a 'Grade A' Ugo who buys me flowers and candy and confesses his undying love to me every single day *shivers*.

I'm a really complex person happy I don't like mooshy guys but I don't like jackasses either... BUT I think that looks do matter more than personality. They said that thats a really shallow way to look at things but I mean seriously... come on. Who would really want to date a guy who looks like a troll on meth? I need to be attracted to the guy physically.

I think looks matter more than personality. By just a smidge though. having all guy friends is going to be a roblem down the line. when you do find a BF, how is he gonna react to you hanging out with men all the time? and eventually, one of those men WILL make a move on you, mark my words.

Tattoo

Dude, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think you got a hot ass!

Impediment
Hey, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think Ronny is ****ing sexy. 131

Tattoo
Originally posted by Impediment
Hey, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think Ronny is ****ing sexy. 131

Lights are on. It's stable, Captain, Woohoo! Let's see some ****in' action!

Röland
Originally posted by Impediment

OMFG, you're such a queer! oh

RaventheOnly
Balance between the two will make it stable. But in long run thinking personality matters more. You can always change apperance a little by encouragement but you can't change a persons personality unless you torture them stick out tongue

C. C. Cowgirl
Looks do not last forever smile

A personality on the other hand might wink

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl

A personality on the other hand might wink luckily I have both. wink

Smallville
Regardless of what people say, and I am sure a lot of people will probably think me as shallow and deny it, but looks are important. They are not all that matters, but they are important.

Looks are what attract you to a person in the first place. This does not ring true for EVERY relationship. But, looks are what make you want to talk to and be with that person. A personality is what keeps you there. Sure, trophy wives are nice, but I would probably take my own life if I was to spend my life with somebody who could not carry on a decent or halfway meaningful conversation about real life issues.

So, looks are important, but personality matters more.

Smallville

What do I do?!?

I am Sancho...

TOH
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl

A personality on the other hand might wink

laughing out loud

It's a joke, right? confused

C. C. Cowgirl
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
luckily I have both. wink

Luckily you do big grin

I shall give my opinion about looks and personality now wink

Some people consider look important while others do not. I myself consider look not important at all. As Mr. Smallville here mentioned about approaching the person I sure as water would much rather walk up to some Irish hottie than some Swedish geek looking guy. That is me being shallow, but it is also mainly the me that used to me. A year back I changed and now I walk up to interesting people instead of the ones with the look.

If I see a game of chess between two guys for example. I probably would stop and watch for a minute. I am not a shy person and it would probably end up with me walking over to them and start a conversation. I am not fond in chess but I am fond in people playing chess stick out tongue

Anyway. If speaking to the two, I do not go by look. I go by how talkative and mannered they are. How much they talk and about what stick out tongue

I could go on and tell about all the abilities I seek in a boy but it would only be lengthening a post that probably very few reads anyway and a waste of my time big grin

My point is that look is not what makes me approach a person. Not anymore smile

I do not mind waking up a morning to see someone with facial errors. Someone that is physicaly damaged or.... I could probably even put up with someone bold. For as long as they act nice smile

Falling for the look of a person will only let you down. Inside lasts while look fades smile

C. C. Cowgirl
Originally posted by TOH
laughing out loud

It's a joke, right? confused

I consider myself pretty serious smile

You do not agree? big grin

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Smallville
Regardless of what people say, and I am sure a lot of people will probably think me as shallow and deny it, but looks are important. They are not all that matters, but they are important.

Looks are what attract you to a person in the first place. This does not ring true for EVERY relationship. But, looks are what make you want to talk to and be with that person. A personality is what keeps you there. Sure, trophy wives are nice, but I would probably take my own life if I was to spend my life with somebody who could not carry on a decent or halfway meaningful conversation about real life issues.

So, looks are important, but personality matters more. I agree, but hardly anyone will agree with this. "Why cant I find a nice guy?" women ask. Because they are, either openly or subliminally, looking at the outer package. Men do the same.

Strangelove

I think looks matter more than personality. By just a smidge though. Personality trumps looks, that's for sure. But both is always better.

And you're not complicated darling. That's basically how everyone is.

Except for the weirdos ermm

Röland
I agree, but hardly anyone will agree with this. "Why cant I find a nice guy?" women ask. Because they are, either openly or subliminally, looking at the outer package. Men do the same.

It's because women secretly have a thing for the bad boys.

Röland

Rogue Jedi

Röland
I know this fo sho.

As do I.

Wild-Cherry
Well, I was attracted to my boyfriend by his personality and his looks. Now, though, He looks like the most attractive man in the world to me...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that; If someone has a great personality, it will generally make them look better on the outside as well.

Rogue Jedi
and I lok in the mirror, and look for the badness.

Smallville
Originally posted by Wild-Cherry
If someone has a great personality, it will generally make them look better on the outside as well.

This is very true. Regardless of a persons outward appearance, if they have a personality that compliments yours, then they will grow to be attractive to you.

The same can be said about the opposite. If you have conflicting personalities, then they will become less attractive outwardly. You will notice small things about their physical appearance that you never did before, and they will become pug fugly.

I know this from experience.

Strangelove

Röland
Originally posted by Strangelove
So true ermm

Lies and slander! shakefist

Naz
Originally posted by Smallville
This is very true. Regardless of a persons outward appearance, if they have a personality that compliments yours, then they will grow to be attractive to you.

The same can be said about the opposite. If you have conflicting personalities, then they will become less attractive outwardly. You will notice small things about their physical appearance that you never did before, and they will become pug fugly.

I know this from experience.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Strangelove

Röland
The people have spoken cool

You only make up 0.0001% of the people. 131

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Wild-Cherry
Well, I was attracted to my boyfriend by his personality and his looks. Now, though, He looks like the most attractive man in the world to me...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that; If someone has a great personality, it will generally make them look better on the outside as well.

that is soo true.

biologically, the mind is designed such that repeated exposure of something makes you like it more. So even if the face we behold isn't very fortunately physically proportioned, which visual beauty in its simplest form is supposed to be; symmetrical, over time our sight gets used to the asymmetry and the features look beautiful to us.

that is why the people we love tend to look the most attractive to us, regardless of their objective physical appearance. my mom will always look like the most beautiful woman to me. my baby sis the cutest.

its all in how my brain is used to seeing their faces and is so comfortable and accustomed to them. human condition is more complex than a catagorization of ugly people vs beautiful people. we all come in different shapes and sizes and somehow everyone finds people to love and connect with by the end. happy

Mišt

InnerRise
Who would really want to date a guy who looks like a troll on meth? You must have never seen an episode of "The Flavor of Love." no expression

But seriously, Looks matter just as much as Personality. The first thing that usually draws you to a person is their Looks. You don't know their personality type upon first seeing them. You know their Looks before you know who they really are.

Who wants to know an Ugly's personality anyway. scissors

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Scythe

Vathu

Rogue Jedi
It always helps to be too really really good looking.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Sanctuary
Personality. dancing OMG, you are calling me fugly, aren't you?

Röland
Originally posted by Scythe
Looks don't matter. I'm a firm believer that love is blind and that's how it should be. No one has the right to be shallow and head for looks because in the end it all spells out a broken heart. That's the advantage a long distance relationship has, probably the only. That you get to listen to what's on their minds and in their hearts, without relying on looks.

Now I know that's not the situation you're in Ronny, but regardless, never listen to friends, they don't of your outcome, listen to your heart as well as your best wishes.

Oh and...you're ugly...

sad

Bardock42
GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR FOR GOVERNOUR!!!!

Oh and personality is alright, but damn, a fine ass certainly does its part.

Roulette
Just as others have said, looks do play a role in the beginning....but personality is what matters in the end. I could never date a guy with an ugly personality...no matter how hot he may be.

Rogue Jedi
been there, tried that.

Roulette
been there, tried that.

Haha...you've dated a hot, brain-dead chicklet?

Thorrin
Originally posted by Roulette
Haha...so you're gunna go for the hot, brain-dead type? Yes. herbtouched

Roulette
Originally posted by Thorrin
Yes. herbtouched

laughing out loud Honesty is beautiful.

Rogue Jedi
Haha...you've dated a hot, brain-dead chicklet? yes, briefly.

Roulette
yes, briefly.

Personality FTW jam

Thorrin
laughing out loud Honesty is beautiful. Well, you're beautiful, and I'm honest.

Babies? 13

Rogue Jedi
FTW? I am hung over, be gentle.

Bardock42
Haha...you've dated a hot, brain-dead chicklet? Are you offering?

Roulette
Originally posted by Thorrin
Well, you're beautiful, and I'm honest.

Babies? 13

Haha embarrasment

Sounds good to me 31....where's the stork? oh

FTW? I am hung over, be gentle.

petpet

Originally posted by Bardock42
Are you offering?

laughing out loud You are awful stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Its a fun ride for a while, then you see the depths of their air headedness.

Da Rev
Hey, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin'. But I'd really like to make love to you tonight. I dont wanna sound like a queer or nothing, but I think you got a hot ass!

Roulette
Its a fun ride for a while, then you see the depths of their air headedness.

Yeah...dating a complete brick isn't on my 'To Do' list, hehe.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah...dating a complete brick isn't on my 'To Do' list, hehe. very few people have it both ways, as I do.

Roulette
very few people have it both ways, as I do.

Looks AND personality? Niiiiiiiiice.

Rogue Jedi
Looks AND personality? Niiiiiiiiice. a rare breed, love.

The Grey Fox
A mix of both.

Roulette
a rare breed, love.

Hehe big grin indeedles.

Council#13
It all depends on what you want to do. Marry the person? Personality, of course. One night stand? Looks, no duh. But date? Well, it would be nice to have someone who has a little bit of both at the very least, but if you'll be spending time with the person, I don't think you'd want to be around a self-absorbed, ignorant cheese-stick.

Rogue Jedi
Hehe big grin indeedles. indeedles?

The Grey Fox
Pirate ahoy

Roulette
indeedles?

= indeed 13......I add random letters on the end of words sometimes O.o

Roulette
Originally posted by Council#13
It all depends on what you want to do. Marry the person? Personality, of course. One night stand? Looks, no duh. But date? Well, it would be nice to have someone who has a little bit of both at the very least, but if you'll be spending time with the person, I don't think you'd want to be around a self-absorbed, ignorant cheese-stick.

Well said, pook clap

Council#13
Well said, pook clap

You give stupid people too much credit. petpet

LethalFemme

I think looks matter more than personality. By just a smidge though.

Ronny I don't wanna startle you but, I think you might be a girl.fear

Rogue Jedi
femmey is one of the rare breed too.

Mišt
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Ronny I don't wanna startle you but, I think you might be a girl.fear

You're lucky you have a good personality cause you fail in the looks departmentlaughcry

LethalFemme

Barker
I thank Raz everyday for that. I could be like you ugly, dumb, poor and friendless.laughcry
He still has his personality. jockey

Council#13

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Barker

Kram3r writes all his material.31jockey

Rogue Jedi
That's an insult.nahuh

It is an insult to say that you are gorgeous and that you have a great personality? fine....you are short, ugly, and your mom dresses you funny.

better?

LethalFemme
It is an insult to say that you are gorgeous and that you have a great personality? fine....you are short, ugly, and your mom dresses you funny.

better?

You said I was a rare breed. Only bitches are bred. I can read between the lines.mhm

Mišt
Originally posted by Barker

Thats all that counts touched

Barker
Originally posted by Mišt
Thats all that counts touched
Personality won't get girls to go down under though. jockeyOriginally posted by LethalFemme
Kram3r writes all his material.31jockey
He recycles jokes from the late night shows in Australia from 20 years ago, and adds his nipples and changes all the names to "Mist" and "Baka". jockey

Rogue Jedi
You said I was a rare breed. Only bitches are bred. I can read between the lines.mhm It's a figure of speech. way to take things WAY too literally.

LethalFemme
It's a figure of speech. way to take things WAY too literally.

You're forgiven.schmoll

Rogue Jedi
You're forgiven.schmoll did I ask for forgiveness? no

Scythe

Röland
Oh you know I keed. You're hot stufforz.

ermm

Scythe

Röland
Don't type at me with that expression, I will pull this thread over...

I'm drinking milk at the moment.

Scythe

Strangelove

better? I so wanna date LF now droolio

Rogue Jedi
why? she cant take a compliment.

Scythe
Har har har.

Rogue Jedi
not an attractive quality. and there is always the other thing.

Ronny
Man... 14 so far for personality...

This did not make me feel better.

Makes me feel even more like an ass ninja

Mišt
I clicked the last one if it makes you feel better petpet

Strangelove
Man... 14 so far for personality...

This did not make me feel better.

Makes me feel even more like an ass ninja I honestly forget which one I picked ermm

Ronny

Mišt
Just because you are obsessed with your ass droolio

longsmokes

Rogue Jedi
I honestly forget which one I picked ermm you chose penis size.

ADarksideJedi
I have alot of friends who are girls and some who are boys.And there is nothing wrong with that.Go by your mind not your parents.jm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.