What's so bad about Satan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Grey Fox
Uh, yeah so answer. I don't think there is anything bad about ol' Mr. Devil, apart from the fact that he hates God, but so do I, so...?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Uh, yeah so answer. I don't think there is anything bad about ol' Mr. Devil, apart from the fact that he hates God, but so do I, so...?

Satan is a myth. There is no Satan or demons.

chillmeistergen
He's much more charismatic than God, that's for sure.

The Grey Fox
I know he's not real, I'm just speculating on if he was.

PITT_HAPPENS
I'm going with who ever invented beer big grin

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
He's much more charismatic than God, that's for sure.

And closer to being human; he loves sex and alcohol.

Shakyamunison
I know he's not real, I'm just speculating on if he was.

Well, in that case; he works for god. His is kind of the fall guy. That way god can keep his hands clean. laughing out loud

The Grey Fox
I geuss that would be Man, in Christian terms. So go Humanity!

PITT_HAPPENS
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Well, in that case; he works for god. His is kind of the fall guy. That way god can keep his hands clean. laughing out loud Nope, God created dirt stick out tongue

The Grey Fox
lol

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PITT_HAPPENS
Nope, God created dirt stick out tongue

I thought it was clay. stick out tongue

JesusIsAlive
Satan is a myth. There is no Satan or demons.

Can you prove this empirically?

Boris
Nothing bad about something that doesn't exist.

The Grey Fox
Can ya prove he does!?

Quiero Mota
Can ya prove he does!?

"The Bible says so."

The Grey Fox
The bible is just a book.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Can you prove this empirically?

Are you stupid? I can't prove a negative, no one can. Can you prove empirically that Satan does exist? Wait, don't answer that question, I really don't care.

The Grey Fox
Neither do I!!!

PITT_HAPPENS
Are you stupid? I can't prove a negative, no one can. Can you prove empirically that Satan does exist? Wait, don't answer that question, I really don't care. I have proved it, look!!!

-

It does exist stick out tongue

The Grey Fox
Cool you are right.

Shakyamunison
I have proved it, look!!!

-

It does exist stick out tongue

laughing

The Grey Fox
It is funny

Burning thought
soo, Satan allows us sex, beer and offers gifts wheras God gives us..........burning Hells unless we lay down on our knees, get rid of our possessions and pray to him...how wonderful and even if we do that we get glowing streets of a angelic place where we can happily stroll around without any TV, Sex, Beer, the rest of enjoyment

if they excisted i know the one i would prefer..and no its not god

The Grey Fox
GO SATAN MAN ABOVE ME!! MY THREAD RULES!

lil bitchiness
I'll just assume you're all in the age range of 10-16 years old, shall I.

Satan/Devil has theologically always been a personification of all things unfavourable, such as poverty, suffering, plague, death...etc.

It is not supposed to be a person, jsut as God is a personification of all things which are good.

But I am guessing theology is far too complex for you in philosophical point of view.

Burning thought
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I'll just assume you're all in the age range of 10-16 years old, shall I.

Satan/Devil has theologically always been a personification of all things unfavourable, such as poverty, suffering, plague, death...etc.

It is not supposed to be a person, jsut as God is a personification of all things which are good.

But I am guessing theology is far too complex for you in philosophical point of view.

thats almost insulting :/

many people belive many diffrent things, besides this thread could be whats so bad about the personifcation of Satan/God regardless, Satan and God are often seen as excisting personalities

Rascaduanok

Burning thought
depends what Comic book your thinking of, i think if its Marval they use mephisto or sumfin as the Devil and ime not sure about their god

BIIIIIIIIIIIIID
well ask god. i see it like this. God is an employer and satan is an employee. God fired satan. If you ask god then god will certainly say all the bad things he has done.

If you ask satan about god. Satan will say that God is a bad employer, and how unfair he is. All satan ask is a promotion from god. But god turned it down.

chillmeistergen
God's a tyrant.

Rascaduanok

Symmetric Chaos
I'm going with who ever invented beer big grin

We gonna party with Di-o-ni-sus!

Emperor Ashtar
Ha-Satan is only doing Gods will as said in the Book of Jobs.

Quark_666
Putting aside the question of whether he exists: does it make you a better person to believe Satan exists? Or is it better to deny his existence?

Cause, I mean, you really can't know one way or the other, but which is better to believe?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Always? Hell no.

Alfheim

It has been speculated that Satan actually isnt supposed to be evil. Satan is just another God, see Gnostic Christanity.

Slightly OT but ive noticed that Satan has been associated with some attributes of Norse gods. The concept of selling your soul seems to come from making a oact with Odin and the word Hell is the name of the Norse Godess of Death. Hell in the Bible is calleg Gehanna.

The Fallen angels in the book of Enoch is also a retelling of a Sumerian myth.

Really the issue of the Satan being evil seems to be something we have just been taught.

The Grey Fox
That's what I was thinking, except you've done more research *bows to Alfiem*

Their interesting facts you have there

The Grey Fox
Looks like The Bible just stole a load of old stories!

Bicnarok

The Grey Fox
He doesn't take it out on anyone, though. He's just down there in Hell, being happy.

Alfheim

The Grey Fox
My point exactly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.