Volgin vs. The Boss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Violent2Dope
This fight takes place on top of Mount Olympus as shown in God of War 2. Boss gets a knife and her Patriot Gun, Volgin has his bullets wrapped around his torso like in the game but they are unlimited to make it fair. I say Volgin wins. An argument with Superboy Prime made me make this thread.

Superboy Prime
I was not arguing about who would win in a fight, but...the more MGS threads the better.

Just to clear my point I was telling you that Volgin feared The Boss out of respect. Not to mention that she put him on his ass in a second with 2 moves. I believe my point to be true because of the way he reacts when The Boss approaches him in hostile fashion after he implied she was a traitor.

As for the battle perse there is little doubt that The Boss is leagues above Volgin in skill. But Volgin is insane. I still remember all it took to put the russian mother ****er down.

Violent2Dope
List of things it took to put Volgin down:
1.A confrontation with Snake involving CQC takedowns and bullets
2. Having the indsides of Shagohod explode on his ass
3. being shot up by Snake
4. Being struck by lightning which light him on fire
5. Having the bullets tied around him go off.

Yeah, as far as durability goes, Volgin takes it.

Superboy Prime
He also takes the strength departmet.

FortressXRuler
Volgin's much like Vamp then.

Superboy Prime
Yeah...it's a shame that in MGS the bosses just keep on getting freaker instead of complex.

FortressXRuler
If there was ever a MGS6(which is never gonna happen), the bosses are going to look like the result of what happens when Carnage and Venom get drunk and do it.

Violent2Dope
This is the way I like to do things.

Strength: Volgin was able to punch holes in the hull of the Shagohod, which RPGs couldn't blemish.

Speed: Boss, although not by much.

Striking: Volgin, his punches are very powerful and have good speed as do the occasional kick.

Grappling: Boss certainly exibits more skill with grappling, though Volgin's massive strength would give him some advantage in this department. Also when we see him beating Snake we see some grapples that involve punching too, though Boss has more skill and has a better advantage in this department.

Equipment: Boss has a powerful gun which fires rapid shots with unlimited ammo and a knife, Volgin has bullets that he ignites with his electricity and fires them with his hands, he can also use weak electricity so that he can control multiple bullets and then fire them all by surging them with more electricity.

Brutality: Volgin, he makes Ocelot look like a carebear in terms of cruelty and brutality.

Versatility: Volgin has a constant charge of 10,000,000 volts in his body, fires bullets with his hands, and stuff. He has much more ways to win than Boss.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
This is the way I like to do things.

Strength: Volgin was able to punch holes in the hull of the Shagohod, which RPGs couldn't blemish.

Speed: Boss, although not by much.

Striking: Volgin, his punches are very powerful and have good speed as do the occasional kick.

Grappling: Boss certainly exibits more skill with grappling, though Volgin's massive strength would give him some advantage in this department. Also when we see him beating Snake we see some grapples that involve punching too, though Boss has more skill and has a better advantage in this department.

Equipment: Boss has a powerful gun which fires rapid shots with unlimited ammo and a knife, Volgin has bullets that he ignites with his electricity and fires them with his hands, he can also use weak electricity so that he can control multiple bullets and then fire them all by surging them with more electricity.

Brutality: Volgin, he makes Ocelot look like a carebear in terms of cruelty and brutality.

Versatility: Volgin has a constant charge of 10,000,000 volts in his body, fires bullets with his hands, and stuff. He has much more ways to win than Boss.

IMO a well placed punch can do a lot more than an ultra powerful punch. True Volgin is the power puncher of the two, but The Boss will know where to hit to paralize an opponent. That's the concept of CQC and why it is so dangerous: taking out an opponent with minimal effort, speed and effciency.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
IMO a well placed punch can do a lot more than an ultra powerful punch. True Volgin is the power puncher of the two, but The Boss will know where to hit to paralize an opponent. That's the concept of CQC and why it is so dangerous: taking out an opponent with minimal effort, speed and effciency. Volgin has quite the skill in punching too, Boss' striking style aims for ideal places to hit, Volgin's style as seen in cutscenes is similar to boxing and it really doesn't matter where Volgin hits her, a bone is getting broken.

Superboy Prime
IMO The Boss's strike method >>> Volgin's because of it's effciency, but whatever.

And...I don't think he will be breaking any bones. He did a lot of damage, but he never broke Snake's skull and believe me...he punched him a lot.

Violent2Dope
IMO The Boss's strike method >>> Volgin's because of it's effciency, but whatever.

And...I don't think he will be breaking any bones. He did a lot of damage, but he never broke Snake's skull and believe me...he punched him a lot. In the cutscene he was not trying to kill him or cause mortal wounds, during the fight a punch from Volgin will break a bone, and Volgin punched through the hull of the friggin Shagohod, he can break bones. Also it's true that Boss' strikes are more effective, but Volgin's great strength makes up for it, and he's pretty fast with the punches too.

Superboy Prime
In the cutscene he was not trying to kill him or cause mortal wounds, during the fight a punch from Volgin will break a bone, and Volgin punched through the hull of the friggin Shagohod, he can break bones. Also it's true that Boss' strikes are more effective, but Volgin's great strength makes up for it, and he's pretty fast with the punches too.

I know I would've broken a couple Snake's bones if I was torturing him. But perhaps it's just a matter of taste.

Violent2Dope
I know I would've broken a couple Snake's bones if I was torturing him. But perhaps it's just a matter of taste. Well maybe Kojima didn't have him do that for plot purposes or Volgin is a sick weirdo that refrains from using full strength so it lasts longer. I can't believe I forgot this, Volgin can also charge his punches with electricity to cause damage to where he's punching and throughout his whole body.

Darkstorm Zero
It's entirely up in the air for me... Volgin has electrical and Electromagnetics on his side, he can deflect the Bosses fire from himself, but on that same token, the Boss is incredibly accurate with her Patriot to the point where she can shoot down Snakes fully automatic LMG fire one handed.

Close combat grapples and countermovements belong to the Boss... Striking ability though is Volgins' as well as the occasional "Blanka" trap he uses to thwart grapples. That and his many bullet based techniques, like firing 8+ rifle rounds from hishand, or 5+ bullet electrically charged straight punch, or even better, the circular bullet throw.

Distance atacks are dead even, sinche Volgins bullets can be deflected, and his lightning bolts can be shot down (Ocelot did it with a Revolver easily, and the Boss seems to be a better shot in-game) But Volgin's EM shield will stop Patriot rounds.

Still... I can't shake someof the funnier weaknesses Volgin has, like the Raikov mask, the Frog weakness, the Green Glowcap weakness (This fungus absorbs Volgin';s lightning), or tossing a bucket of water on him (Interrogating one of the goldiers in the Shagohod hangar revealed this to me, it's also why he hates the rain.

I think the Bosses speed and experience would overpower Volgin's electricity and strength.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Still... I can't shake someof the funnier weaknesses Volgin has, like the Raikov mask, the Frog weakness, the Green Glowcap weakness (This fungus absorbs Volgin';s lightning), or tossing a bucket of water on him (Interrogating one of the goldiers in the Shagohod hangar revealed this to me, it's also why he hates the rain.

I think the Bosses speed and experience would overpower Volgin's electricity and strength. She doesn't get those, and her experience is greater and so is her speed, though it's by no means superhuman, I think you forget exactly HOW MUCH punishment Volgin's body took to be put down. I can honestly say Volgin is the most durable character in the series with the exception of Vamp.

Nikkolas
Solidus was a very complex villain and Liquid Ocelot will be too.

Volgin was just the brutish lunatic freak villain to underly the minor Bond theme in Snake Eater.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Solidus was a very complex villain and Liquid Ocelot will be too.

Volgin was just the brutish lunatic freak villain to underly the minor Bond theme in Snake Eater. So who wins?smile

Nikkolas
Depends.

If Volgin keeps up his little forcefield, he can trash Boss. She won't be able to hurt him at all.

However, if he tries to go hand-to-hand with her like he did Snake, he goes down.

Of course, she is not killing him. The guy's durability is sick.

Emperor Ashtar
His forcefield cuts down on his stamina, but anyway I believe boss could take this. Honestly, if she's as good of a soldier as they say than she should figure out a way to defeat Volgin.

Strength: Volgin has more raw power, but Boss uses her power more efficently than Volgin ever will. She could do more damage with less effort by a mile in my opinion. By using CQC she could break every bone in his body.

Speed: Meh, I give it to boss, Volgin wasn't show casing much.

Power: Volgin can discharge what I believe to be around 100,000 volts of raw electricity, Create an electric force field, Has fire arms built into the suit, and can use Electricity in pugilism.

Boss has emense fighting knowlede, and the know how to cripple a human being easily.

Honestly it comes down on who can use their power best, Volgin has more destructive power while boss is more versatile.

Durability: Volgin, no need to explain

Experience: Boss, she isn't called the "Goddess Of The Battlefield" for nothing.

Superboy Prime
Just a question...do you guys agree with me that Volgin feared The Boss?

Emperor Ashtar
Just a question...do you guys agree with me that Volgin feared The Boss?

I know I do.

Nikkolas
Fear doesn't always translate into another being is stronger than you, however.

Superboy Prime
That was not the point I was tyring to make though.

In fact V2D thinking about it like that is the reason why this thread was created in the first place.

My original comment was "I've always liked how Volgin feared The Boss."

And then V2D thought I meant The Boss >>>> Volgin which eventually lead to me proving how it was evident he feared her...and eventually this thread came to existence.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
His forcefield cuts down on his stamina, but anyway I believe boss could take this. Honestly, if she's as good of a soldier as they say than she should figure out a way to defeat Volgin.

Strength: Volgin has more raw power, but Boss uses her power more efficently than Volgin ever will. She could do more damage with less effort by a mile in my opinion. By using CQC she could break every bone in his body.

Speed: Meh, I give it to boss, Volgin wasn't show casing much.

Power: Volgin can discharge what I believe to be around 100,000 volts of raw electricity, Create an electric force field, Has fire arms built into the suit, and can use Electricity in pugilism.

Boss has emense fighting knowlede, and the know how to cripple a human being easily.

Honestly it comes down on who can use their power best, Volgin has more destructive power while boss is more versatile.

Durability: Volgin, no need to explain

Experience: Boss, she isn't called the "Goddess Of The Battlefield" for nothing. Strength: Although Boss' punches are more effective, Volgin has skill in punching too. He punched through the hull of the f*ckin Shagohod!

Speed: Boss but Volgin has nice punching speed.

Power: Boss more versatile? Riiight...

Durability: Yep.

Experience: Yep.

Violent2Dope
Just a question...do you guys agree with me that Volgin feared The Boss? I'm far to big of a fanboy to admit that.

Xenogears
I don't know EITHER character.

Emperor Ashtar
Strength: Although Boss' punches are more effective, Volgin has skill in punching too. He punched through the hull of the f*ckin Shagohod!

Yeah, but he got has arse handed to him by snake in H2H. Boss has a better chance of killing her with CQC than Volgin hitting Boss.

Power: Boss more versatile? Riiight...

I was off on that one, but with prep boss can be IMO.

Violent2Dope
Yeah, but he got has arse handed to him by snake in H2H. Boss has a better chance of killing her with CQC than Volgin hitting Boss. Actually, killing Volgin with CQC might be harder than you think. Punches are useless as shown in the fight, hell the knife was useless against him. His body is like a sponge, it absorbs damage. I mean, in terms of pure durability, not the crap Vamp does, Volgin's is the best in the series. Breaking his bones will be no easy task.

Emperor Ashtar
Actually, killing Volgin with CQC might be harder than you think. Punches are useless as shown in the fight, hell the knife was useless against him. His body is like a sponge, it absorbs damage. I mean, in terms of pure durability, not the crap Vamp does, Volgin's is the best in the series. Breaking his bones will be no easy task.

Not really, his suit drains his stamina. All boss has to do is let Volgin waste his energy utilisizing electric attacks, and follow up with CQC.

Violent2Dope
Not really, his suit drains his stamina. All boss has to do is let Volgin waste his energy utilisizing electric attacks, and follow up with CQC. Volgin's suit drains his stamina? I think you're gettin Volgin's suit confused with The Fear's.

Emperor Ashtar
Volgin's suit drains his stamina? I think you're gettin Volgin's suit confused with The Fear's.

No, play MGS 3 again, whenever he uses his attacks his stamina goes down. That's when he has to recharge on electricity.

Violent2Dope
No, play MGS 3 again, whenever he uses his attacks his stamina goes down. That's when he has to recharge on electricity. Well, for a guy with such low stamina it sure takes a lot of damn punishment to take him down. And I sold it I can't play it again.

Nikkolas
If Volgin can power Shagohod, I don't think he has low stamina. He has to giving that thing every bit of juice he had and even after taking severe amounts of punishment from Snake, he was fully ready to go again. Only the lightning stopped him and even then, he took a lot of those bullets exploding before he went down.

Nikkolas
Cyborg Ninja Fox's is better.

Violent2Dope
Bump. I like this thread, and won't let it die!mad

Nikkolas
If she has her Patriot out, he turns her to a burnt corpse in no time.

Violent2Dope
What do you mean?

Nikkolas
Well, weren't Volgin's attacks drawn to you if you had a weapon out ie. it followed the metal? He has an electrical current of 10,000,000 volts running through his body.

Could Boss survive that?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Well, weren't Volgin's attacks drawn to you if you had a weapon out ie. it followed the metal? He has an electrical current of 10,000,000 volts running through his body.

Could Boss survive that? Yes to first question and no to second.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.