why jedi in the saga....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Hexus
One thing i've noticed as i read comics, books, and watch shows, documentaries and the movies, and of course play the games; is that the jedi in the movies don't seem to be as incredible as the original or golden era jedi...or jedi before the hutts rule or sith rule. why is that? and wouldn't the jedi in the movie be so much better; i mean they should be even better right? teaching methods should be better and so much more should have come to advance the jedi, and more people should have force connections because of genetics and all that...and everyone has some level of the force, so why are they so weak compared to them?

BlaxicanHydra
Because George Lucas had a vision, and in his vision the Jedi and Sith weren't gods. Yet in the EU authors went out of there way to make the Jedi look uber powerful so more snotty kids would buy the books, thus raping Geroge's vision.

Tengu
yes preach on brotha

BlaxicanHydra
I actually don't care about George's vision being raped, because it's contradictory. However I'm sure that's what most OT fanboys will say.

Anyway yeah the whole point of the force is that if you believe and have faith you should be able to do anything with it, even achieve immortality. The EU authors basically took it to the next step, from Luke lifting an X-Wing to Kyp Durron lifting a ship out of the intense gravitational pull of a planet from a thousand miles away. From force lighting causing Luke to writhe on the ground to force storms capable of destroying fleets and ripping open space time.

There's nothing really wrong with it, imo.

ThoraxeRMG
So true..

Atticus
yes

MasterAshenVor
Well here is the Thing George Lucas looked into religions and mythology to make Star Wars as good as it was..but it was based Heavily on the Christian Belif and Jesus Christ...im not gonna go religious on you but ill show yall some of the points to the Movie and yes Star Wars has a religious thing to it and the NJO series made it look more of the Cult then a Religion

Anakin being born through Shema or Sheme Skywalker without haveing sex would be the Equivilant to the Virgin Birth of Mary

The belif in christianity that if you belive only in god which would be the Force will bring you to Heaven which you live in Immortality = Force Ghost and THE FORCE and through faith you can do anything = JEDI POWERS

Now we all know there are Satanics out there so actually in the SW Universe the JEDI are equivilant to Christians and the Sith are equivilant to The Cults of Satan.

and btw i only got on this because Blaxican mentioned SW's religous origins..lol

The Jedi are in there to be like God vs Satan thing...anyway there ya go

exanda kane
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
I actually don't care about George's vision being raped, because it's contradictory. However I'm sure that's what most OT fanboys will say.

Speaking on behalf of them all, I'll tell you plainly that Jedi are just crap.

Captain REX
Thanks, Ambassador...

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Darth_Hexus
One thing i've noticed as i read comics, books, and watch shows, documentaries and the movies, and of course play the games; is that the jedi in the movies don't seem to be as incredible as the original or golden era jedi...or jedi before the hutts rule or sith rule. why is that? and wouldn't the jedi in the movie be so much better; i mean they should be even better right? teaching methods should be better and so much more should have come to advance the jedi, and more people should have force connections because of genetics and all that...and everyone has some level of the force, so why are they so weak compared to them?

While it might seem like they are, in Canon the Skywalker era (PT/OT and after) top Jedi are canonically more powerful then most of the top Pre-KOTOR, KOTOR, and post-KOTOR era Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.