Expensive UMD movies-not sony's fault (sort of)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Intresting interview

http://kotaku.com/gaming/kotakutalku/jack-tretton-on-future-of-umd-278504.php?autoplay=true

Evil Dead
dead format.

even if Sony were to get the licenses to make thier own UMDs at a lower price to appeal to the masses..........the only way I could see them making a profit is if they were to price UMD movies below DVD and came out with a connector to hook the PSP to the PS2 to watch the movies on a tv (which I'm not sure if they currently have one or not). That's the only way I think they could move enough UMDs to compensate for the movie studio licensing fees. Even then their market would me relatively small due to the prerequisites of the customers already owning both a PS2 and PSP.

Nobody is going to pay the same price for a UMD as a DVD. Gee...is the customer going to buy a movie to watch on their 42"LCD with upconverting dvd player or are they going to spend the same amount of money to watch it on a tiny screen. They sure aren't going to pay more (as we've seen)...........

JKozzy
The new Slim PSP has a "video out" capability so you can play PSP games and movies on your TV.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.