Sagat vs Paul Phonenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

colonelf40
who wins this fight?

the so-called toughest fighter in the universe vs the emperor of MT

i say sagat take this 9/10

Xenogears
F@gat may win.

On an unrelated note, Heihachi would stomp his ass.

colonelf40
f*ck you sagat rules
paul is the gay not sagat!

sagat is not gay thats adon!

HonkyTonkMan
Adon's the man. I'll give this to Sagat because he's basically better than him in any way. And he has a huge reach advantage.

Xenogears
Originally posted by colonelf40
f*ck you sagat rules
paul is the gay not sagat!

sagat is not gay thats adon! Calm down...they're fictional characters of creators' imaginations...

StyleTime
When I was like in 3rd grade, people always used to chant "Saggot the F a ggot" when talking about Sagat.

FortressXRuler
LOL

BlaxicanHydra
That's because they were losers who would soon turn in to crack heads smile

.. or they were just kids.

Anyway Sagat takes this. He is better then Paul in every way. And on an unrelated note Ryu would stomp Heihachi's ass via... via... via!

SHOR-YU-KEN!!! *shits in pants*

Xenogears
No...he wouldn't. He'd need Akuma to save his ass like how he would need his daddy against Scorpion. happy

And Jinpachi destroys them altogether. mwahaha

BlaxicanHydra
Heracy! Nothing can beat the all-powerful SHOR-YU-KEN!!! *sprays feces all over the place*

Xenogears
COVER YOUR FACES IN BAGS QUICK! bag

And why the hell are V2D, S. Prime and myself in your sig anyway?

BlaxicanHydra
'cause your like brothers to me. The black people version of one.

Xenogears
I'm not black, though...

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
'cause your like brothers to me. The black people version of one.

rofl

Sado22
sagat wins. he has "feats":
-he is the emperor of mauy thai and that's a "feat"
-he lost to ryu...that's a "feat"
-he put adon in the hospital while unfocused...that's a "feat"

versus paul:
-who only happens to be the unofficial winner of Tekken3. but that's not a feat.
-who can KO bears with one hit. but that's not a feat.
-who can shatter boulder to dust and walls to bits without using his full strength. btu that's not a feat.
-he stalemated with kazuya. but that's not a feat.
-he took on and defeated a god of war. but that's not a feat.

hence Sagat wins since SF fighters always win. i mean, sure paul has been fighting since childhood is a master of brawling and judo, has taken down monsters and gods and part demons while being an ordinary human..............but it doesnt matter since he's up against an SF fighter with multiple "feats".

~The Sarcastic Sado-sama

StyleTime
This isn't related to the fight per se, but Paul doesn't brawl Sado22.

Xenogears
Sado's sig and avatar pwns.

BlaxicanHydra
That guy isn't even black, wtf.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Sado22
sagat wins. he has "feats":
-he is the emperor of mauy thai and that's a "feat"
-he lost to ryu...that's a "feat"
-he put adon in the hospital while unfocused...that's a "feat"

~The Sarcastic Sado-sama

Why must you always twist everything up?

- Sagat fought and beat Dan Hibiki's father. The fight cost him his eye. Dan's father was actually very strong.
- He lost to Adon and yet Adon is the fighter that ends up weeks in a hospital.
- Sagat owned Ryu in SF1. The fight was pretty much over, and then Ryu cheapshotted the crap out of Sagat with the mesatsu go shoryuu.

*Sigh*

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
That guy isn't even black, wtf. So? Don't be racist.
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Why must you always twist everything up?

- Sagat fought and beat Dan Hibiki's father. The fight cost him his eye. Dan's father was actually very strong.
- He lost to Adon and yet Adon is the fighter that ends up weeks in a hospital.
- Sagat owned Ryu in SF1. The fight was pretty much over, and then Ryu cheapshotted the crap out of Sagat with the mesatsu go shoryuu.

*Sigh* Not as impressive as Paul's feats.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Guilty Gear

Not as impressive as Paul's feats.

I don't care. No where in my statement did I say they were more impressive. I simply pointed out his ability to downplay feats to benefit others.

Sandai Kitetsu
I don't care. No where in my statement did I say they were more impressive. I simply pointed out his ability to downplay feats to benefit others.

Another reason why games versus is going down hill.

Guilty Gear
I don't care. No where in my statement did I say they were more impressive. I simply pointed out his ability to downplay feats to benefit others. Alright, though I didn't say you did. 13jockey

I still see Paul having better feats.
Originally posted by emoemuashtar
Another reason why games versus is going down hill. Blame the emu.

Sado22
some of his movements are a little brawlish but hey, maybe that's just me. big grin

i'll just tell you why you are wrong.

you people always talk about feats and proved facts. what is known about Dan's father? nothing. all we know is that he was a good fighter. but how good? at what level could he possibly be if he was beaten to death? and don't even tell me that he's very tough just cuz he took out Sagat's eye. that is not a feat. its like me telling you that Terry is too tough because he scared Geese up.
so its unimpressive.

which is exactly what i said...unfortunately its considered a feat.

it was the metsu shoryuken actually.
and Ryu was a guy who was fighting for the first time outside his box of dojo dorkness, was young, inexperienced, a rookie while Sagat was stronger, faster and everything else. so don't tell me that beating up a 23 year old rookie is a feat.

hence Sagat really has no feats to write home about. Paul on the other hand does.

~Sado

Superboy Prime
i'll just tell you why you are wrong.

Ok.

you people always talk about feats and proved facts. what is known about Dan's father? nothing. all we know is that he was a good fighter. but how good? at what level could he possibly be if he was beaten to death? and don't even tell me that he's very tough just cuz he took out Sagat's eye. that is not a feat. its like me telling you that Terry is too tough because he scared Geese up.
so its unimpressive.

He was a good fighter. That is all we know about him. I can't gauge his level because nothing is known about him.

So...you're right about that.

which is exactly what i said...unfortunately its considered a feat.

I don't think it should be discarded though. Sagat simply let Adon beat him to satisfy Adon's ego.

it was the metsu shoryuken actually.

Thanks for correcting me. I am far from a SF expert and all those special moves are hard to memorize.

and Ryu was a guy who was fighting for the first time outside his box of dojo dorkness, was young, inexperienced, a rookie while Sagat was stronger, faster and everything else. so don't tell me that beating up a 23 year old rookie is a feat.

True. However Ryu did make it to the finals in order to fight Sagat. For a rookie her performed quite well.

hence Sagat really has no feats to write home about. Paul on the other hand does.

I am not trying to change your opinion in regards of Sagat.

Sado22
he lost to adon because he wasn't focused. he was too pissed with ryu and his disgrace. its impressive that he still managed to hospitalize adon but then not TOO impressive since Adon was the guy who Ryu beat in a single move in SF1 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanks for correcting me. I am far from a SF expert and all those special moves are hard to memorize.
try kongou-koku-retsu-zan mad
if i was akuma it'd take me a day to do the move and a month to do with while yelling out the name

not takign anything away from rookie ryu. just stating the difference in their skill levels.
see ya

~Sado

Sandai Kitetsu
Feats:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------

Durability: Sagat survived a metsu Shoryuken from Satsu no Ryu without dying. Note he was caught by suprise meaning he took the maximum damage possible from said attack.

Experience: Sagat became the God of Muay Thai as a teenager, when he defeated the previous God of muay thai Nuah Kahn. Sagat is/was considered the national hero of Thailand. Oh, byw Go Hibiki (Dans father) was a good fighter:

When he was defeated by Ryu, he went on a rampage destroying Street fighters

Adon was the guy who Ryu beat in a single move in SF1 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Adon lost like that because he got too cocky.

Please do not underestimate Adon when he could do this:
http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/sfa2ado.htm

Sandai Kitetsu
Oh, Btw:

Superboy Prime
I thought about Go Hibiki for a while...and I'd say at the very least he was better than Ryu was during the first street fighter tournament. Capcom made it clear Sagat had Ryu defeated without trouble, and Go Hibiki's match with Sagat was so brutal to the point that Sagat lost his eye and Hibiki lost his life.

Sandai Kitetsu
I thought about Go Hibiki for a while...and I'd say at the very least he was better than Ryu was during the first street fighter tournament. Capcom made it clear Sagat had Ryu defeated without trouble, and Go Hibiki's match with Sagat was so brutal to the point that Sagat lost his eye and Hibiki lost his life.

That's because Go kept aiming for Sagat's eye, which was already bad in the first place. When Go Hibiki gouged Sagat's eye out he got mad and beat him so bad that his internal organs were all ruptured. He later died at the hospital.

who only happens to be the unofficial winner of Tekken3. but that's not a feat.
-who can KO bears with one hit. but that's not a feat.
-who can shatter boulder to dust and walls to bits without using his full strength. btu that's not a feat.
-he stalemated with kazuya. but that's not a feat.
-he took on and defeated a god of war. but that's not a feat.

hence Sagat wins since SF fighters always win. i mean, sure paul has been fighting since childhood is a master of brawling and judo, has taken down monsters and gods and part demons while being an ordinary human..............but it doesnt matter since he's up against an SF fighter with multiple "feats".

Cut it out Sado, not one person in this thread said his feats were unimpressive. I for one respect Paul Pheonix and believe he has what it takes to beat Sagat. But, he needs to get close.

-Sagat defeated the God of muay Thai as a teenager
-He's the greatest Muay Thai fighter in the history of the Street Fighter Universe
-Sagat would have one the First Street Fighter tourney had he nnot been robbed by a cheap shot
-He was undefeated before he lost to Ryu
-Survived a Metsu Shoryuken

Also, Juni & Juli have analyzed almost every Street Fighters capabilities in the form of BP & SP

Note:
Sagat: BP 12600 SP 10900
Zangief: BP 11400 SP 12100

Sagat has more biscep power than Zangief, a man who wrestles with bears for fun and breaks barbells. Not saying Sagat can automatically do the same, but it's food for thought.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
That's because Go kept aiming for Sagat's eye, which was already bad in the first place. When Go Hibiki gouged Sagat's eye out he got mad and beat him so bad that his internal organs were all ruptured. He later died at the hospital.

Ok. Do you agree with my assessment? At least he was smart enough to target Sagat's weakpoint. Something Ryu, unless proven wrong, failed to attempt in Street Fighter's final.

Sandai Kitetsu
Ok. Do you agree with my assessment? At least he was smart enough to target Sagat's weakpoint. Something Ryu, unless proven wrong, failed to attempt in Street Fighter's final.

Ryu, sucked in alpha, alot of fighter should have been able to beat him. I dunno if that makes him more skilled than Ryu, but he's skilled nonetheless.

Superboy Prime
Ok. I'll stop trying to gauge Go Hibiki's level.

Sandai Kitetsu
Ok. I'll stop trying to gauge Go Hibiki's level.
You don't have too, because sagat was undefeated back then. We know he's skilled becuase:

-He never lost
-Defeated the previous God of Muay Thai as a teenager. This is a big deal because in Street Fighter, teenagers are always weak.
-He wanted to be the greatest fighter in the world and hosted the first world warrior tournament. He made it to the finals, and would have won.
-Greatest Muay Thai fighter in history of the Street Fighter Universe.
-He's on par with Third Strike Ryu

Sandai Kitetsu
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/sagat-young.jpg

Sado22
Paul survived fighting bears without even a lasting scar...that's impressive aint it not.

Paul's been fighting for 48 years and even after being around 50 he is at the top of his game and was still undefeated till Tekken3...TWENTY YEARS LATER. He was practically unbeaten till T4...at the age of 48 and even that was because he wasn't focused after being ripped off as badly as he was in T3. also Paul is an American national hero and a role model for various dojo (tekken4 ending). He's also not only unbeaten in the Tekken tournaments till Tekken4 but also unbeaten as a street fighter.

he has always been cocky. he lost.

he couldn't even destroy the head properly. don't make me laugh. but fine...at least he's not as much of a puss as i thought he was. granted out of courtsy.

takuma was unbeaten till he met ryo, Geese was unbeaten till he met Ryo, Krauser went on a rampage of beating KNOWN fighters with a NAME and was unbeaten till he met Terry, Rugal was unbeaten till he met Kyo etc. etc. etc.
don't bring up such useless things. oh and Paul was unbeaten for 48 years in ALL tournies that he took part in.

no YOU cut it emp. this thread was made right after the Ken-Paul thread.

...impressive but not really a feat. Jin beat Ogre as a teen...i don't see you giving him props for it. Kyo beat rugal at 18, i hear no props. Terry beat Geese at 20. i hear no props.

*yawn*
Paul one of the hightiers of Tekken

would have been champ of Tekken2 and tekken3 hadn't he been robbed in a worse fashion.

paul has a longer unbeaten streak...48 years and various tournaments.

granted.

~Sado

Sandai Kitetsu
Paul survived fighting bears without even a lasting scar...that's impressive aint it not.

Never claimed it was not impressive, Sado. I know paul is strong, and this fight is close.

Paul's been fighting for 48 years and even after being around 50 he is at the top of his game and was still undefeated till Tekken3...TWENTY YEARS LATER. He was practically unbeaten till T4...at the age of 48 and even that was because he wasn't focused after being ripped off as badly as he was in T3. also Paul is an American national hero and a role model for various dojo (tekken4 ending). He's also not only unbeaten in the Tekken tournaments till Tekken4 but also unbeaten as a street fighter.

Just like Sagat:

-Sagat was undefeated until he fought Ryu and was cheap shotted
-He defeated the God Muay Thai as a teenager
-National Hero just like paul
-Considered the greates Muay Thai fighter in history

he has always been cocky. he lost.
he couldn't even destroy the head properly. don't make me laugh. but fine...at least he's not as much of a puss as i thought he was. granted out of courtsy.

He destroyed the head with one blow and this was right after his fight with Sagat. You know, the one where he spent four months in the hospital.

Oh, and there is no indication that Adon was always cocky.

takuma was unbeaten till he met ryo, Geese was unbeaten till he met Ryo, Krauser went on a rampage of beating KNOWN fighters with a NAME and was unbeaten till he met Terry, Rugal was unbeaten till he met Kyo etc. etc. etc.
don't bring up such useless things. oh and Paul was unbeaten for 48 years in ALL tournies that he took part in.

-Ryo
-Terry
-Takuma
-Geese

Have nothing to do with Paul or Sagat, please cut the Red-Herrings. Your a good debator and you do not need to resort to illogical tactics my friend. smile

...impressive but not really a feat. Jin beat Ogre as a teen...i don't see you giving him props for it. Kyo beat rugal at 18, i hear no props. Terry beat Geese at 20. i hear no props.

Because Jin is a jobber, and I give Paul mad props for beating ogre.
Terry has nothing to do with this, but I feel that terry is jobber as well.

*yawn*
Paul one of the hightiers of Tekken

Yeah, but Namco doesn't care. I do, and I agree.

would have been champ of Tekken2 and tekken3 hadn't he been robbed in a worse fashion.

paul has a longer unbeaten streak...48 years and various tournaments.

granted.

~Sado ok smile

shin_remy
would help the fireballs and other special attacks that Sagat has ?

or his super attacks. Paul has none

yeah a punch

Sado22
really? i was under the impression that it was non-canon since SFA2 takes place around an year after Sf1. oh well, i'll take your word for it.

as for the rest, fine then, we both agree then. Good fight. close fight and i'm fine with whoever you believe will win. Paul and Sagat are both great.

people disagreeing with me doesn't bother me but the underrating of Tekken characters for being 3D fighters is retarded and has to stop. THAT is what i hate.

sorry for being a little cranky but i am alternating between this and the Paul-ken thread where i am being asked to prove a fighter's moveliststick out tongue

~Sado

Sado22
underrating of Tekken characters for being 3D fighters, emp..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

~Sado

Sandai Kitetsu

people disagreeing with me doesn't bother me but the underrating of Tekken characters for being 3D fighters is retarded and has to stop. THAT is what i hate.

I'm going to agree here, Tekken is extremely underrated in this forum.

sorry for being a little cranky but i am alternating between this and the Paul-ken thread where i am being asked to prove a fighter's moveliststick out tongue

~Sado
S'all right Broham, everyone goes through stress. Your only human, and you try. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.