AOL's Top 20 Dorkiest Obessions - Noooo! We're Dorks....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
SOB!!

It's not true!

http://teens.aol.com/entertainment/20-dorkiest-obsessions?photo=1

20. 'Harry Potter'

Sure, everyone loves 'Harry Potter' books and movies ... we're talking about the people who dress up like wizards and witches, or talk about which dorm of Hogwarts they'd live in. Or the kind of people who just corrected us for saying "dorm" instead of "house." It's a great series, but is it really life-ending to not know what Ron's oldest brother does for a living?

19. 'Lost'

It's one thing to watch the show every week, but it's another to burn out your TiVo by pausing it each scene to figure out more clues about the island. Yes, the 'Lost' producers put in little secrets ... but guess what? You won't know anything big until they tell you. Ease off the obsession, people, or we'll leave you for the Others.

18. High School Musical

Go Wildcats! Not that we're not fans of the movie, but you have to admit, 'High School Musical' pretty much out-lames any other musical. So to see people wearing East High School T-shirts or Wildcats hats or whatever, that just makes us sad. And not in a 'When There Was Me and You' sad way, but more of a pathetic 'Bop to the Top' sad way.

17. Anime

Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inu-Yasha, Rurouni Kenshin ... what do these all have in common? They're fun shows. What do the people who dress up like the characters from these shows all have in common? They're huge dorks. Seriously, dressing up like a ninja-in-training makes you a full-on geek master.

16. Celebrity Gossip

We can't exactly judge too harshly here, since we can't resist the pull of Paris Hilton ourselves. But the first step is admitting you have a problem, and that's we're doing. Do we really care what kind of lives the rich and famous are living? Well, usually only when they mess up somehow. But does that make us feel better about OUR lives? ... Yes. And there's our problem.

15. 'The Simpsons'

'The Simpsons' TV show is one of the smartest satires we've ever seen ... but it never fails that a huge 'Simpsons' dork comes along and ruins it for us. You know that person who has a Simpsons line ready for any occasion? "Worst conversation ever."

14. Bobbleheads

So let us get this straight ... they're like little statues of things, only all cartoony. And their heads bounce up and down on little springs? Well, hey, you've won us over right there. We couldn't think up crap this lame, but thankfully, there's always someone around to do it for us. And for all of you out there with a half-million of these, please ... avoid us on the streets.

13. Comic Books

Comic books as a whole might have a more dorky rep than they deserve ... after all, there are lots that are actually high-quality. But superhero comic books can get pretty dorky. And their fans, the ones who argue about who would win, Superman or the Hulk? There's a level of dork hell reserved for those people, and the shower they never used.

sad

12. Disney Mania

This would be another dork obsession that we're pretty into, but why apologize? We love Disney stuff, even if it's made for children three and under. Just because we have eight Mickey ear hats on our desks and an expensive 'Pirates of the Caribbean' snow globe doesn't mean we don't KNOW that we're huge dorks. We do, and we're totally OK with it. If you don't mock us, we'll even send you a postcard from Disney World.

11. 'Lord of the Rings'

Yes, 'Lord of the Rings' introduced us to Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen, but it also made fantasy fans think that things like elves and hobbits were cool again. Sorry, but a.) we still refuse to read the books, and 2.) knowing what an Uruk-Hai is just makes us want to cry for you. Like, big crocodile tears.

10. 'The Sims 2'

It's like real life ... even down to having to go to the bathroom! Wow, who knew video games could be so completely annoying! We mock, but there's lots of other fun stuff you can do in 'The Sims 2': get a job, mow your lawn, walk your dog ... How could you NOT be a huge fan? Given that we know a lot of people who've played long enough to have had GRANDCHILDREN in the game, we sadly don't know.

9. Celine Dion

Our hearts might have gone on at one point, but Celine Dion is much better known for annoying the crap out of anyone in earshot under 65 years old. So why are some people just completely obsessed? Is it the French-Canadian-ism? Is it her being married to a man old enough to be her father? Both good reasons, we guess ... to never speak to her fans again.

8. 'Star Wars'

The force is definitely with us, because we love the three original 'Star Wars' movies like they're the dog we had growing up. And the new movies are like when that dog died. But anyone who dresses up like a stormtrooper or Darth Vader or something 'Star Wars'-ish is just asking for a lightsaber up their Millenium Falcon.

7. 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'

We're still not sure how this concept ever took off, but wow, did it ever. Except just like every other flash-in-the-pan cartoon, 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' pretty soon became lame. Now it's back in both movie and cartoon form, but c'mon people ... that doesn't make it right.

6. 'Transformers'

You know what else is more than meets the eye, 'Transformers'? Our fickle nature. 'Cause we liked the movie and all, and we used to like the cartoon, but we still don't accept anyone walking around with Autobot T-shirts or Decepticon stickers on their cars. And don't ... just DON'T ... make the transforming noise. For any reason. NO.

5. 'Battlestar Galactica'

Look, an updated show from the '70s with robots that look like people! Yeah, yeah, we've heard all the fans moan about how well-written 'Battlestar Galactica' is. But if we hear one more idiot tell us to "frak off" or that some politician is actually a cylon, they're gonna get a little Starbucks in the face.

4. 'World of Warcraft'

Not only is it a massively dorky role-playing fantasy game, but you can amass huge NUMBERS of dorks to play with you! Want to go hunt a huge dragon on a Saturday night? Don't worry, you'll have your pick of players ... they're all free. And yeah, that 'South Park' episode? Much too real.

3. 'He-Man'

OK, not that we're judging here, but it's a cartoon where a buff, high-pitched purple and pink-wearing guy with long hair turns into a half-naked Adonis who rides around on his giant cat. Do we have to paint you a picture here? If you have no idea what we're talking about, no worries ... you're probably already a 'He-Man' fan.

2. 'Dungeons and Dragons'

We're going to roll a savings throw vs. losing any sort of cred we ever had just by talking about this. 'Dungeons and Dragons' has grown so big it covers dice, little miniature elves and crap, computer games, movies and cartoons ... not to mention way too many sleepless dork nights. You're not a lawful evil paladin HERE, my friend, so if you keep talking like Shakespeare, we're gonna stick your +1 Sword of Doom where the two suns of Azararath don't shine.

1. 'Star Trek'

Yes, it's the KING of all dorky obsessions! The 'Star Trek' phenomenon has been around for decades, and while the show might have been halfway decent at the start (cool guy gets it on with alien babes), it quickly evolved into Dorks in Space. Even worse, though, is the craziness: Fans learn alien languages? Fans get MARRIED in costume using alien customs? Fans kill our will to live?! That last part might not be on purpose.

Well, us comic fans didn't do so bad.....

I wonder how they would rank comic fans who post regularly on an Internet forum to discuss comics...

Oh, I'd say about -34.....

Martian_mind
Ha.

who cares.

DigiMark007
laughing out loud

*realizes he's a part of at least 5 of those groups*

no expression

2, 3, 8, 11, 13, and maybe 7 and 15 for me.

*cries*

Validus
I'd like to know what the hell you were doing browsing teens.aol.com.

Draco69
Originally posted by Validus

shifty

Validus
You've said enough. ermmnone

Rufus T Firefly
worst thread ever

laughing

SnakeEyes

laughing

Entity
1, 5, 7, 8, 13, and 15 right here! smile
Some more than others and not really obessions. Just large interest well except 13 maybe!

I accepted I was a dork long ago. Now I just mess people up when they try and mock me by being proud of it. stick out tongue

Rufus T Firefly
14!?

anyone?

anyone have 14!?

Draco69
One thing I'd like to know is how the hell comic books got rated lower than f**king High School Musical....

Martian_mind
Umm..didn't you make athread jumping with joy over high school musical 2 stick out tongue

Draco69
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Umm..didn't you make athread jumping with joy over high school musical 2 stick out tongue

That was my counterpart:

Bizarro-Draco69

Endless Mike
17,15,13,11,8,1 - Me

Priest
UR ALL DORKS!

grey fox
Originally posted by Endless Mike
17,15,13,11,8,1 - Me

You cosplay ?

13, 6,

Anyway , Who cares what AOL thinks, they suck balls. I'll care about their opinion when they can provide me decent Internet Service.

willRules
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Ha.

who cares.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by grey fox
You cosplay ?

13, 6,

Anyway , Who cares what AOL thinks, they suck balls. I'll care about their opinion when they can provide me decent Internet Service.

No, I just like anime.

grey fox
Originally posted by Endless Mike
No, I just like anime.

Then I dont think it counts, they specifically state that they think that guys who cosplay are dorky, not teh anime itself.

Endless Mike
Well why should we care what they think anyway?

Symmetric Chaos
17, 15, 13, 11, 7, 6, 5, 2, 1

Well not really 17 I don't cosplay but I do like anime. How can someone mix up a genre of entertainment and a form of dress?

grey fox
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
17, 15, 13, 11, 7, 6, 5, 2, 1

Well not really 17 I don't cosplay but I do like anime. How can someone mix up a genre of entertainment and a form of dress?

Because AOL are retards.

Big Sexy
Dorks , jocks etc don't really exist anymore. The lines on nerds blurred a while ago. I know plenty of so called nerds/dorks that are professional fighters. My father is a professional trainer for for mutliple forms of fighting so I've met several of his fighters who are crazy addicted to video games, comics , star trek etc

roughrider
Well, they're entitled to their opinion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

So...in my opinion (to quote from WITHNAIL & I), my repsonse would be they can stick that up their ass, and f*ck off doing it! stick out tongue

Darth Vicious
Im guilty of about 9 of those.

Grimm22
Most of the things on that list (Celine Dione, Celebrity Gossip, High School Musical, Bobbleheads) aren't really "dorky" they are just crap that people like for some reason.

But I guess i'm guilty of 6 and 13. Kind of am for 7, except I don't really put transformers crap on my car and I don't wear transformers t-shirts

Badabing
Originally posted by Draco69
SOB!!

It's not true!

20. 'Harry Potter'

Sure, everyone loves 'Harry Potter' books and movies ... we're talking about the people who dress up like wizards and witches, or talk about which dorm of Hogwarts they'd live in. Or the kind of people who just corrected us for saying "dorm" instead of "house." It's a great series, but is it really life-ending to not know what Ron's oldest brother does for a living?

15. 'The Simpsons'

'The Simpsons' TV show is one of the smartest satires we've ever seen ... but it never fails that a huge 'Simpsons' dork comes along and ruins it for us. You know that person who has a Simpsons line ready for any occasion? "Worst conversation ever."

13. Comic Books

Comic books as a whole might have a more dorky rep than they deserve ... after all, there are lots that are actually high-quality. But superhero comic books can get pretty dorky. And their fans, the ones who argue about who would win, Superman or the Hulk? There's a level of dork hell reserved for those people, and the shower they never used.

sad

12. Disney Mania

This would be another dork obsession that we're pretty into, but why apologize? We love Disney stuff, even if it's made for children three and under. Just because we have eight Mickey ear hats on our desks and an expensive 'Pirates of the Caribbean' snow globe doesn't mean we don't KNOW that we're huge dorks. We do, and we're totally OK with it. If you don't mock us, we'll even send you a postcard from Disney World.

11. 'Lord of the Rings'

Yes, 'Lord of the Rings' introduced us to Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen, but it also made fantasy fans think that things like elves and hobbits were cool again. Sorry, but a.) we still refuse to read the books, and 2.) knowing what an Uruk-Hai is just makes us want to cry for you. Like, big crocodile tears.

8. 'Star Wars'

The force is definitely with us, because we love the three original 'Star Wars' movies like they're the dog we had growing up. And the new movies are like when that dog died. But anyone who dresses up like a stormtrooper or Darth Vader or something 'Star Wars'-ish is just asking for a lightsaber up their Millenium Falcon.

We're still not sure how this concept ever took off, but wow, did it ever. Except just like every other flash-in-the-pan cartoon, 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' pretty soon became lame. Now it's back in both movie and cartoon form, but c'mon people ... that doesn't make it right.

6. 'Transformers'

You know what else is more than meets the eye, 'Transformers'? Our fickle nature. 'Cause we liked the movie and all, and we used to like the cartoon, but we still don't accept anyone walking around with Autobot T-shirts or Decepticon stickers on their cars. And don't ... just DON'T ... make the transforming noise. For any reason. NO.

Look, an updated show from the '70s with robots that look like people! Yeah, yeah, we've heard all the fans moan about how well-written 'Battlestar Galactica' is. But if we hear one more idiot tell us to "frak off" or that some politician is actually a cylon, they're gonna get a little Starbucks in the face.

1. 'Star Trek'

Yes, it's the KING of all dorky obsessions! The 'Star Trek' phenomenon has been around for decades, and while the show might have been halfway decent at the start (cool guy gets it on with alien babes), it quickly evolved into Dorks in Space. Even worse, though, is the craziness: Fans learn alien languages? Fans get MARRIED in costume using alien customs? Fans kill our will to live?! That last part might not be on purpose.
These are the genres I enjoy..... Damn! I USED to think I was cool. sad Well, I guess I'll get my pocket protector and learn Klingon. embarrasment

strengthkills
Meh,simpsons and comics are mine,but who doesnt like the simpsons?

LethalFemme
SOB!!

It's not true!

20. 'Harry Potter'

19. 'Lost'

It's one thing to watch the show every week, but it's another to burn out your TiVo by pausing it each scene to figure out more clues about the island. Yes, the 'Lost' producers put in little secrets ... but guess what? You won't know anything big until they tell you. Ease off the obsession, people, or we'll leave you for the Others.

18. High School Musical

Go Wildcats! Not that we're not fans of the movie, but you have to admit, 'High School Musical' pretty much out-lames any other musical. So to see people wearing East High School T-shirts or Wildcats hats or whatever, that just makes us sad. And not in a 'When There Was Me and You' sad way, but more of a pathetic 'Bop to the Top' sad way.

17. Anime

Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inu-Yasha, Rurouni Kenshin ... what do these all have in common? They're fun shows. What do the people who dress up like the characters from these shows all have in common? They're huge dorks. Seriously, dressing up like a ninja-in-training makes you a full-on geek master.

16. Celebrity Gossip

We can't exactly judge too harshly here, since we can't resist the pull of Paris Hilton ourselves. But the first step is admitting you have a problem, and that's we're doing. Do we really care what kind of lives the rich and famous are living? Well, usually only when they mess up somehow. But does that make us feel better about OUR lives? ... Yes. And there's our problem.

15. 'The Simpsons'

14. Bobbleheads

So let us get this straight ... they're like little statues of things, only all cartoony. And their heads bounce up and down on little springs? Well, hey, you've won us over right there. We couldn't think up crap this lame, but thankfully, there's always someone around to do it for us. And for all of you out there with a half-million of these, please ... avoid us on the streets.

13. Comic Books

sad

12. Disney Mania

11. 'Lord of the Rings'

10. 'The Sims 2'

It's like real life ... even down to having to go to the bathroom! Wow, who knew video games could be so completely annoying! We mock, but there's lots of other fun stuff you can do in 'The Sims 2': get a job, mow your lawn, walk your dog ... How could you NOT be a huge fan? Given that we know a lot of people who've played long enough to have had GRANDCHILDREN in the game, we sadly don't know.

9. Celine Dion

Our hearts might have gone on at one point, but Celine Dion is much better known for annoying the crap out of anyone in earshot under 65 years old. So why are some people just completely obsessed? Is it the French-Canadian-ism? Is it her being married to a man old enough to be her father? Both good reasons, we guess ... to never speak to her fans again.

8. 'Star Wars'

6. 'Transformers'

4. 'World of Warcraft'

Not only is it a massively dorky role-playing fantasy game, but you can amass huge NUMBERS of dorks to play with you! Want to go hunt a huge dragon on a Saturday night? Don't worry, you'll have your pick of players ... they're all free. And yeah, that 'South Park' episode? Much too real.

3. 'He-Man'

OK, not that we're judging here, but it's a cartoon where a buff, high-pitched purple and pink-wearing guy with long hair turns into a half-naked Adonis who rides around on his giant cat. Do we have to paint you a picture here? If you have no idea what we're talking about, no worries ... you're probably already a 'He-Man' fan.

2. 'Dungeons and Dragons'

We're going to roll a savings throw vs. losing any sort of cred we ever had just by talking about this. 'Dungeons and Dragons' has grown so big it covers dice, little miniature elves and crap, computer games, movies and cartoons ... not to mention way too many sleepless dork nights. You're not a lawful evil paladin HERE, my friend, so if you keep talking like Shakespeare, we're gonna stick your +1 Sword of Doom where the two suns of Azararath don't shine.

1. 'Star Trek'

Well, us comic fans didn't do so bad.....

I wonder how they would rank comic fans who post regularly on an Internet forum to discuss comics...

Oh, I'd say about -34.....

I am/was like 7 of those things but, if you add in the fact I'm female it still makes me cool.hmm

P.S. The Simpsons are the shit.danceforme

Grimm22
Why is Family Guy not on there, but the Simpsons are?

Simpsons is actually a smart show, while Family Guy just steals jokes from other shows and never has a real plot

pr1983
20. 'Harry Potter' - Not in a million years...

19. 'Lost' - I got tired of watching 40 mins of filler every week...

18. High School Musical - The whatnow?

17. Anime - No...

16. Celebrity Gossip - Shit no...

15. 'The Simpsons' - Not to the extent of some people...

14. Bobbleheads - Not a chance...

13. Comic Books - Obviously...

12. Disney Mania - Ugh...

11. 'Lord of the Rings' - Great movies...

10. 'The Sims 2' - Nope...

9. Celine Dion - Christ no...

8. 'Star Wars' - Guilty as charged, though i won't touch the books...

7. 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' - Back in the day, yup...

6. 'Transformers' - Ditto...

5. 'Battlestar Galactica' - It's Face dammit...

4. 'World of Warcraft' - Nah...

3. 'He-Man' - Girly haircut, old animation, and he dolph lungren movie... excellent...

2. 'Dungeons and Dragons' - The cartoon yes, the game, no...

1. 'Star Trek' - Yup... huge trek fan... hate voyager with a passion though...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Grimm22
Why is Family Guy not on there, but the Simpsons are?

Simpsons is actually a smart show, while Family Guy just steals jokes from other shows and never has a real plot

Except that FamilyGuy always manages to do it better and is funny far more consistently than TheSimpsons.

Lucid Lui
Hey! I shower!

At least 6 times a day.

So there. stick out tongue

pr1983
Except that FamilyGuy always manages to do it better and is funny far more consistently than TheSimpsons.

yeah, family guy at its best is awesome...

Grimm22

Before it was canceled, Family Guy was awesome.

But since they have brought it back, it's crap.

Validus
The Simpsons back in its prime was far better than Family Guy could dream of being.

llagrok
That list is completely off.

The Simpsons back in its prime was far better than Family Guy could dream of being.

Co-sign

Supermanluv
Someone has to add premier league Football to that list !

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Supermanluv
Someone has to add premier league Football to that list ! we didn't make the list no expression

Scoobless

20. 'Harry Potter'

19. 'Lost'

15. 'The Simpsons'

13. Comic Books

sad

11. 'Lord of the Rings'

8. 'Star Wars'

6. 'Transformers'

1. 'Star Trek'

These are my vices and I will not apologise for a single one of them.

miffed

pr1983

seriously, how many shows could even dream of competing with the simpsons at its best...

Scoobless
Nothing in the comedy genre.

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless
Nothing in the comedy genre.

exactly...

WrathfulDwarf
http://teens.aol.com/entertainment/...essions?photo=1

Are these the same teens that think Avril and My Chemical Romance are rock bands? Or these the same teens that buy the latest fashion clothes from Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan?

sad.

llagrok
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Are these the same teens that think Avril and My Chemical Romance are rock bands? Or these the same teens that buy the latest fashion clothes from Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan?

sad.

You just compared Avril and MCR.

'nuff said.

Tyrant
It's a good thing I'm not on any of those. cool

No, but seriously, 13, 15, and 9.

JasonK4
Originally posted by Tyrant
It's a good thing I'm not on any of those. cool

No, but seriously, 13, 15, and 9.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/simon_3112/Celine%20Dion/funny004.jpg

llagrok
Originally posted by JasonK4
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/simon_3112/Celine%20Dion/funny004.jpg

pwnt, Jason styyyyyyyyle cool

Galan007
hmm

20, 13, 8, 6

srankmissingnin
No category of magik the gathering (or any CTG for that matter), people who wear native shirts with like a wolf's head and ghostly native in the back ground or weirdos who make "custom" action figures? That is a pretty crappy list. mad

Lets see how I did!

20. 'Harry Potter' - No
19. 'Lost' - No
18. High School Musical - ... what?
17. Anime - Yes (minus cosplay)
16. Celebrity Gossip - No... but that isn't dorky, just lame
15. 'The Simpsons' - Not really, Simpsons jumped the shark years ago
14. Bobbleheads: WTF?
13. Comic Books: Of course
12. Disney Mania: Nope
11. 'Lord of the Rings': Yes
10. 'The Sims 2': No
9. Celine Dion: ... WTF AOL's idea of dorkyis about as update as Weird Al's idea of nerdy
8. 'Star Wars': Yup
7. 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles': Yes
6. 'Transformers': God yes
5. 'Battlestar Galactica': Frak yeah!
4. 'World of Warcraft': Yup
3. 'He-Man': Yup
2. 'Dungeons and Dragons': ... Yes
1. 'Star Trek': No

Well... at least I don't play Runescape. smile

Rufus T Firefly
19, 18, 16, 14, 12, 9, 3

shifty

llagrok
17, 15, 13, 8 :/

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by llagrok
You just compared Avril and MCR.

'nuff said.

Whats the problem? They are both crappy mall punk bands.

Tyrant
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Whats the problem? They are both crappy mall punk bands. Ya, but I'd f*ck Avril...

If given the chance...

grey fox
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

sad.

MCR are Emo , it's pretty obvious no matter how many times they claim their 'Punk' , my mate listens to punk and even he gags on their music. There is (about) only five seconds of their music which I thought was decent. The rest got the dustcloud.

Avril is an annoying b*tch , whose only JUST realised that dressing like a sl*t will get her more fans (Knee socks + short skirt + heels + Fishnets + too much damn make-up = s*ut) .

Ironically enough I have a friend and an acquaintance who loves both of them, meh i'll just keep rocking to teh Protomen

Jack Harkness
I am not part of any of them.

Wow I guess your all just losers. big grin

Nataku8188
15, 13, 11, 8, 7, 6, 4

So who exactly makes these lists? Those "Cool" Abercrombie and Fitch folks who think they rule the world? Newsflash - those 'dorks' probably pay your dumb ass to write stupid articles for all the other lemmings to read. Stupid sells.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Nataku8188
So who exactly makes these lists? Those "Cool" Abercrombie and Fitch folks who think they rule the world? Newsflash - those 'dorks' probably pay your dumb ass to write stupid articles for all the other lemmings to read. Stupid sells.

laughing out loud

...yeah, 'dorky' has become so much more mainstream. It's not bespectacled people named Melvin rolling dice in a dark basement whilst downloading animatronic hentai porn. It's a normal part of social interaction, especially with the onset of the internet.

Heck, my brother played D&D old-school style for years, and he was, to many, the "popular jock" that is traditionally dissasociated from "geeks" and "dorks", both of which exist more in stereotyped prejudices than in actual life situations.

Also, dorks themselves should be making the list...not AOL. That way we could make fun of things that actually deserve to be made fun of. Like DBZ fans.

no expression

draxx_tOfU
as a guy who was born around the mid 80's, you wouldn't be considered a dork if you're obssesed with 3, 6, 7 and possibly 13, but actually abnormal if you're not...

nowadays aside from the above mentioned, add to that 20, 17, and 15...

**cringes at #9**

starlock

Oh man am i a geek...actually i think its cool

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by grey fox
MCR are Emo , it's pretty obvious no matter how many times they claim their 'Punk' , my mate listens to punk and even he gags on their music. There is (about) only five seconds of their music which I thought was decent. The rest got the dustcloud.

Avril is an annoying b*tch , whose only JUST realised that dressing like a sl*t will get her more fans (Knee socks + short skirt + heels + Fishnets + too much damn make-up = s*ut) .

Ironically enough I have a friend and an acquaintance who loves both of them, meh i'll just keep rocking to teh Protomen

Emo is short for Emotional Hardcore. If it isn't Hardcore, then it isn't Emo. MCR isn't emo, they are mall punk.

... oh and Hardcore (which emo is an off shoot of) is an off shoot of punk. So even if MCR was emo, they'ed still be punk.

draxx_tOfU
Emo is short for Emotional Hardcore. If it isn't Hardcore, then it isn't Emo. MCR isn't emo, they are mall punk.

... oh and Hardcore (which emo is an off shoot of) is an off shoot of punk. So even if MCR was emo, they'ed still be punk.

frankly, emotional + hardcore doesn't add up to me...

bands that are emotional to me are simpleplan etc, while hardcore would make me think of mudvayne, hatebreed etc...

you may be right, but i classify most mainstream bands as pop, maroon 5, fob etc...

i'm just thinking aloud...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
frankly, emotional + hardcore doesn't add up to me...

bands that are emotional to me are simpleplan etc, while hardcore would make me think of mudvayne, hatebreed etc...

you may be right, but i classify most mainstream bands as pop, maroon 5, fob etc...

i'm just thinking aloud...

Simpleplan is pop/mall punk
Hatebreed is metalcore
Mudvayne is nu-metal

cool

draxx_tOfU
Simpleplan is pop/mall punk
Hatebreed is metalcore
Mudvayne is nu-metal

cool

albeit confused, i'm impressed with your distinction srank...

".....and the winner for the best pop/mall punk/emotional hardcore band of the year goes to....."

imagine that... big grin

srankmissingnin
Yeah it's confusing, especially once you get into things like screamo, post-hardcore, metalcore, and mathcore/noisecore. There are so many sub categories of hardcore, punk and metal, that they kind of all run together if you don't know what to listen for.

draxx_tOfU
Yeah it's confusing, especially once you get into things like screamo, post-hardcore, metalcore, and mathcore/noisecore. There are so many sub categories of hardcore, punk and metal, that they kind of all run together if you don't know what to listen for.

mathcore/noisecore?...lol

i just categorize them as hardcore on my playlists... big grin

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
mathcore/noisecore?...lol

i just categorize them as hardcore on my playlists... big grin

eek!

But math and noise-core are more technical, with a much higher level of musicianship! embarrasment

Galan007
13. Comic Books

Comic books as a whole might have a more dorky rep than they deserve ... after all, there are lots that are actually high-quality. But superhero comic books can get pretty dorky. And their fans, the ones who argue about who would win, Superman or the Hulk? There's a level of dork hell reserved for those people, and the shower they never used. I just realized this catagory gives all of us 2 strikes right from the get-go.

One strike for reading comics...

And another strike for debating them... laughing out loud

long pig
This made me laugh....then it made me truly concerned...then I laughed once more.

Now, I'm concerned again.

SpunkySmurph
13, 9, The LOTR one, and 2.

Seriously though, mostly 9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.