Who's Wiser: Adam Warlock Or Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Through all their numerous cosmic depictions, we've seen their intelligence.

But who do you reckon is MORE intelligent? Who knows more of the two in the great many mysteries of the Marvelverse?

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Nikkolas

But who do you reckon is MORE intelligent? Who knows more of the two in the great many mysteries of the Marvelverse?

being wise and being intelligent are two different matters...

Thanos may be a step higher than say (Reed, Tony, Banner etc) and with that i'd say that intelligence would definitely go to Thanos, not saying that Adam isn't though...

if it wasn't for his warped sensed of perception, Thanos would be wiser as well...

they share similarities as both are aloof, cold, detached, and have experienced omniscience through "godhood" so I would consider them peers in the "wise" department...

Wally West
I think Thanos might be more intelligent, he has been able to do, among a ton of other things, clone Galactus for example, but Adam might be slightly wiser and know not to try something like that in the first place because of the possible consequences.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Wally West
I think Thanos might be more intelligent, he has been able to do, among a ton of other things, clone Galactus for example, but Adam might be slightly wiser and know not to try something like that in the first place because of the possible consequences.

Thanos knows the consequences and prepares accordingly.

guy222
Originally posted by Nikkolas

adam

King Kandy
Intelligence: Thanos

Wisdom: Adam

Disappear
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Thanos knows the consequences and prepares accordingly.

except that, when his twice-as-powerful galactus-esque clone got set loose, he admitted that it was a bad idea and something he wasn't prepared to handle.

roughrider
Essentially, it's Adam. He's virtually the only one who can strategize against Thanos. He figured out the Titan's mental weakness in IG; something we never saw coming.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
Intelligence: Thanos

Wisdom: Adam

thumb up

DigiMark007
Originally posted by celestialdemon
thumb up

thumb up

Tyrant
Originally posted by Disappear
except that, when his twice-as-powerful galactus-esque clone got set loose, he admitted that it was a bad idea and something he wasn't prepared to handle. That's because someone else let it out.
Otherwise, it wasn't ready yet.

And he did handle it, did he not?

Martian_mind
Thanos is more intelligent,Warlock is smarter.

Tyrant
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Thanos is more intelligent,Warlock is smarter. That's a paradox in itself...

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Tyrant
That's a paradox in itself...

Eh,i tend to use intelligence as meaning they can do heaps difficult maths sums and do amazing scientific advancements,and i use "smart" as knowing hoiw to use those to your advantage.

I.e,you can be intlligent as you like,but if you aren't smart then you'll still fail at life.

though i'm probably wrong and very,very spaced out right now.

monkey pootang big grin

Tyrant
Eh,i tend to use intelligence as meaning they can do heaps difficult maths sums and do amazing scientific advancements,and i use "smart" as knowing hoiw to use those to your advantage.

I.e,you can be intlligent as you like,but if you aren't smart then you'll still fail at life.

though i'm probably wrong and very,very spaced out right now.

monkey pootang big grin So, Thanos doesn't know how to use math problems as well as Warlock?
And Warlock is better at using scientific advancements?
ermm

You can stand under my umbrella.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Tyrant
So, Thanos doesn't know how to use math problems as well as Warlock?
And Warlock is better at using scientific advancements?
ermm

You can stand under my umbrella.

No.i said Thanos has more raw intellect,but Warlock can use his lesser inteelect more efficiently.

Tyrant
No.i said Thanos has more raw intellect,but Warlock can use his lesser inteelect more efficiently. But the thread isn't "Who can use it better?", it's "Who's Wiser: A-dog Warkiller Or Thanos?"

I'm also just running with what you gave me...

Plus, Warlock using his intelligence better than Thanos uses his seems silly to me.
After all, everything Thanos has accomplished was due to his brain.
His power, his items of powers, his armada, his Star Destroyers, his clones.
Therefore making him use it more efficiently.

This isn't MODOK, or Leader here, it's Thanos.

Plus, Warlock just has riddles, and plans, if you actually want to compare it.
He's wise, indeed he's wise, but nothing to Thanos in intelligence. Nor is he comparable in application of said gift.

boriquaking55
I would say Thanos is more intelligent, but recently has shown more wisdom - at least, ever since he abandoned his nihilistic quest to dominate the universe and focused more on understanding it. What hurt Thanos in the past, was his sick obsession with pleasing Death, it consumed him so much that it often caused him to have self-doubt and lose focus.

In changing his philosophy, his character underwent a lot of changes. His focus became different, and he decided it was wiser to unlock the secrets of the universe. The machine he built to channel Galactus' Power Cosmic was an incredible feat in itself, as beforehand nobody other that Big G himself had developed the understanding of the nature of Power Cosmic necessary to perform such a feat. It was this change in character and philosophy that attracted Death to him, and it cost Thanos his life.

Now that he has this understanding and newfound wisdom -- I'd give him the edge in both. However, with Warlock being hinted of reappearing in Conquest, this could easily change.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.