Green Lantern Corp vs 7200 Superskrulls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who will win?

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Corps. You realize that the corps has new rules. THey test each new recruit and train them under intensive scutiny. Each one likely to be at least as Good as John. If you fail the test, your ring passes to another user.

golem370
I know that SuperSkull is a powerful foe. I think they would give the Corp a run for there money.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by golem370
I know that SuperSkull is a powerful foe. I think they would give the Corp a run for there money.
NOt in the slightest. They aren't even as fast as a GL user.

Validus
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The Corps. You realize that the corps has new rules. THey test each new recruit and train them under intensive scutiny. Each one likely to be at least as Good as John.
First of all, the Corps always underwent rigorous training. Second, thats MASSIVELY underselling John as a Lantern. FYI, John is the only Lantern to score a win over a Sinestro Corp member so far.

Validus
And the Lanterns win easy here. Not even a contest.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Validus
First of all, the Corps always underwent rigorous training. Second, thats MASSIVELY underselling John as a Lantern. FYI, John is the only Lantern to score a win over a Sinestro Corp member so far.

Actually I wasn't underselling John but bringing up the corps to a new lvl in power. According to current guardian methodology, they are much stricter in thier training and test of the new Lanters. Or am I wrong? You know I forget half the shit I read.

pr1983

beat me to it... i doubt any rookie is on john's level, and that sniper sequence was sweet...

golem370
Alright how about 3600 Superskrulls and 3600 Fallen Ones(Herald of Thanos)

Validus
Actually I wasn't underselling John but bringing up the corps to a new lvl in power. According to current guardian methodology, they are much stricter in thier training and test of the new Lanters. Or am I wrong? You know I forget half the shit I read.
The standard GL training doesn't seem any different. They're just making it a bigger focus in comics than what it was previously.

Still, my main point of contention was saying that every Lantern can perform as well as Stewart can. John handed Bedovian his ass while other Lanterns were getting killed off left and right so lets not make it seem like he's just some average GL.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The standard GL training doesn't seem any different. They're just making it a bigger focus in comics than what it was previously.

Still, my main point of contention was saying that every Lantern can perform as well as Stewart can. John handed Bedovian his ass while other Lanterns were getting killed off left and right so lets not make it seem like he's just some average GL.

Not in the slightest. He's the 4th best one ever right? Or at least the 4th best living one. But he seems to be the only one I ever remember beating Superman. Or am I on crack? Was that him. At any rate, he's very good. Really that was all I was trying to say was that the current lanters seem to be moving up to be near his lvl of competancy.

Validus
Not in the slightest. He's the 4th best one ever right? Or at least the 4th best living one. But he seems to be the only one I ever remember beating Superman. Or am I on crack? Was that him. At any rate, he's very good. Really that was all I was trying to say was that the current lanters seem to be moving up to be near his lvl of competancy.
You're on crack. Superman got one shotted by Tomar Re, a classic moment IMO. Tomar Re was the real deal. big grin

nvrbeenwthagirl
You're on crack. Superman got one shotted by Tomar Re, a classic moment IMO. Tomar Re was the real deal. big grin

How is the corps war going. My ****ing comic shop sells out of every issue and I haven't been able to read a single one.

Validus
How is the corps war going. My ****ing comic shop sells out of every issue and I haven't been able to read a single one.
They're on 2nd and 3rd shippings and you still can't get one? confused

pr1983

really? got a pic, sounds cool...

nvrbeenwthagirl
They're on 2nd and 3rd shippings and you still can't get one? confused

NO. My shop is right downtown and ****ing everyone who lives downtown or works downtown goes to that shop.

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
really? got a pic, sounds cool...
I can find it. Give me some time.
NO. My shop is right downtown and ****ing everyone who lives downtown or works downtown goes to that shop.
That's right. I forgot you live right in the middle of the city. I would feel bad for you but then again, you live downtown...

pr1983

no rush dude... big grin

can you not book the comics from them? set up an account or something like that?

nvrbeenwthagirl

That's right. I forgot you live right in the middle of the city. I would feel bad for you but then again, you live downtown...

LOL. True. Downtown is very exciting and fun. I'll prollyjust have to drive to a far shop and see if they have copies. Or prepay my shop for them to get me the back copies.

llagrok

Download them and buy them later then.

As for the thread, I think you would have to make this 100 Green lanterns or something if you want an even match. Super Skrull is a tough cookie, but Green Lanterns have more power and far more versatility.

I don't see Kl'rt being able to solo any experienced Green Lanterns. Nor do I see him winning over the Fallen one, who was ruined by the Thanos comics. That character had tons of potential smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by llagrok
Download them and buy them later then.

As for the thread, I think you would have to make this 100 Green lanterns or something if you want an even match. Super Skrull is a tough cookie, but Green Lanterns have more power and far more versatility.

I don't see Kl'rt being able to solo any experienced Green Lanterns. Nor do I see him winning over the Fallen one, who was ruined by the Thanos comics. That character had tons of potential smile

Thanos= Superman when it comes to ruining Characters and thier potential.

Validus
LOL. True. Downtown is very exciting and fun. I'll prollyjust have to drive to a far shop and see if they have copies. Or prepay my shop for them to get me the back copies.
Go to Dreamland Comics in Vernon Hills. Its probably like 20-30 minute drive for you.

llagrok
Thanos= Superman when it comes to ruining Characters and thier potential.

Yeah.

The only amazing things about the pre-annihilation Thanos comics was the fact that he actually put his hand inside people's heads when using telepathy smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Go to Dreamland Comics in Vernon Hills. Its probably like 20-30 minute drive for you.

Prolly 45 mins. That is a far north burb if I'm not mistaken. But thanks. I'll call them and see if they have them.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The corp should easily take this.

golem370
Alright how about 3600 Superskrulls and 3600 Fallen Ones(Herald of Thanos)

quanchi112
corps win this one

grey fox
Bubbles in stomach ?

outavodka
Originally posted by grey fox
Bubbles in stomach ? why havnt lanterns done this before? What the f**k?

guy222
Originally posted by golem370
Who will win?

Corp FTW

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by outavodka
why havnt lanterns done this before? What the f**k?

They have to get permission to use lethal Force.

grey fox

I was taking 'bout Superskrulls

Blair Wind

Wouldnt have to be lethal. Just pressure enough to make them pass out (though you would probably have to be a Dr. to do it right, and know where to place a bubble)

Wally West
Originally posted by llagrok
Nor do I see him winning over the Fallen one, who was ruined by the Thanos comics. That character had tons of potential smile
How was Fallen One ruined by the Thanos comics? He was introduced in the Thanos comics and featured in about 2 issues. Its not like Giffen took an existing character, he created Fallen One in that specific storyline so I don't see how he could have ruined him at the same time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.