What hero would best fit in the real world?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
So, assuming they would get to keep all their powers but otherwise have to adhere to the normal laws of physics and social reaction in the real world, which hero would fit the best or work most like they do in their world in our universe?

Blight
Green Arrow.

Entity
I tried to put the poll in the best order I thought they'd work best.

guy222
Originally posted by Entity
So, assuming they would get to keep all their powers but otherwise have to adhere to the normal laws of physics and social reaction in the real world, which hero would fit the best or work most like they do in their world in our universe?

spidey

Entity
Originally posted by guy222
spidey Agreed completely!

Lucid Lui
Moon Knight.

Insane guy in a KKK outfit. We've already got plenty of them.

Nikkolas
Other.

The Punisher.

Alfheim
Wheres the Punisher?

willRules
Originally posted by Blight
Green Arrow.

rock

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/436019_1-respect-green-arrow

Disappear
probably a daredevil or a moon knight. a shang chi, perhaps, given he's a martial artist and was a government operative. law of averages.

llagrok
I'm not entirely sure how the Flash would adhere to the laws of physics?

I think he would be very suitable for the real world, especially the Kingdom Come Flash. A guy who doesn't do anything but stop accidents and crimes all day.

Rorschach
Rorschach.

Symmetric Chaos
GL his powers wouldn't screw anything up in out world and he still has enough variety of powers to be helpful in lots of situations.

Blight
Come now, guys.

Green Arrow is nearly a hippy and we already have tons of those.

Passione
Other the punisher.

Spiderman is just so wrong.

Supermanluv
Captain Nazi

Blight
I agree. Spiderman wouldn't work at all.... Government would take him down so fast and so hard.

Citizen V
Definetly Black Adam.

Ancient Egyptian prince, empowered by gods that give him magical super-powers by saying a magic word.

thumb up

I'm pretty sure I read about a guy running around Yemen like that.

Frostbite883
Wildcat
Batman
Nightwing
The Question
Rorschach
The Punisher
Nite-Wing

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Citizen V
Definetly Black Adam.

Ancient Egyptian prince, empowered by gods that give him magical super-powers by saying a magic word.

thumb up

I'm pretty sure I read about a guy running around Yemen like that.

Nope. All quiet on the southern middle eastern front.

BlaxicanHydra
Batman, definitely.

peregrinefalcon
People are going to vote for Spidey without really thinking about it. Flash is the best choice. Here's why. Spidey is really limited to cities with tall buildings. He's also not a good choice for natural disasters. Flash could have put out most of these big fires that have been happening lately. This is something needed much more than a guy who can stop a mugging in Manhattan.

Now perhaps someone would argue that Flash wouldn't work in real world physics because of the damage he would do with sonic booms. That's the only argument not in Flash's favor. However, Flash still makes a better fit because of the things he can still do below the sound barrier and he can go past sound in remote areas.

teh_perfection
They could all be taken down easy to be honest. But at least with Moon he can go for street thugs.

Entity
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Batman, definitely. OK, let me explain why I put the people I did in the order I did.

Spiderman - If anyone was really a hero in the real world this is who they would be. Not by power set but by character and life. They would constantly be burdened by what they do and if they had the will to continue threw god knows what in their life they'd hate every minute of it. With the exceptions of the few and far between days when they are really about to just save the day and have the free time to think about how what they're doing is right.

Flash - I chose Flash because assuming his powers worked in this world somehow then that'd be really the only real thing holding him back for being basically the same guy he is there. He'd be able to do things the same damn way because really, who could stop him? Sure if the government or some obsessive group or whatever actually found out about him they'd try. They couldn't do anything that comes to mind but they'd try. Whose to say he'd let anyone know about him in this world anyway. I mean as fast as he is no one would ever have to know anyone was ever there let alone some red tight wearing hero called Flash.

Green Lantern - Pretty similar to the Flash but the obvious difference is basically EVERYONE with power or money would be after his ring. Then again GL's have deal with that plenty before and we don't really have the resources here allot of them did there. He'd go on about his business on Earth pretty much the way he did before and have nothing really to do in space. Unless their is some higher beings we don't know about or something. Otherwise the only real difference would be his new constant conflict form the government and people because we all fear what we do not understand.

Black Adam - He would go right back to doing what he was doing before in the middle east and this time there would be no one to stop him. Simple erm

Magneto - Pretty similar to Black Adam only he'd just completely change from mutant defense to entirely a Jewish one.

X-23 - She could go right back to her life on the streets as she did before the X-Men and I doubt anyone would ever really catch on. They'd just see a string of killed pimps and such and possibly always be following her trail. But isn't that pretty much the same as before?

Green Arrow - He's allot more of a real world Batman. He stays in his league and gets hurt quit a bit more. Which is more real to life. He doesn't go anywhere near as far in the bullshit zone as Bruce does on any given day.

Moonknight - Basically the same as GA and he's nuts to boot so its a nice fit in reality.

Blue Beetle - Again like Bruce but allot more adjust able to how he'd actually play in the real world. Plus he's like allot of people would really be as a hero with out powers. Honorable intentions but shitoutta luck allot of the time. wink

Why I didn't say popular picks.

Batman - If he tried to live his comic book life in the real world, he'd be dead in a week if that long.

Punisher - He'd be in jail or killed in some massive villain revenge riot almost as quick as Batman dies.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Nope. All quiet on the southern middle eastern front.

ermm.

Northern Middle Eastern Front ftw.

Blight
Spiderman - The military would try to employ him the moment he surfaces to the public and if he declined he would be detained and studied, based on power set. If you're saying that he only fits due to character rather than power then I guess it would be a rather dull version of what your saying would happen.

Flash - The flash would have to operate without many seeing him (which is entirely within his power to do). So he'd be like a ghost to people that just stops crime. But the military would investigate this highly.

Green Lantern - Depending on which Green lantern:

Hal WOULD work for the military, as, I imagine, would john.... heck... I bet every green lantern would be fine with working for the military... even Kyle. Unless you have the Oa beings involved... then that would be strange.

Black Adam - Black Adam could NOT be stopped.... he would not fit into this world in that way as it would make it NOT our world. I'm going by the original post saying FIT IN rather than CHANGE IT into their own world.

Magneto - Same with Black Adam.

X-23 - She'd probably still be working for "Weapon X" As there would be no Wolverine... heck... she wouldn't even exist without Wolverine.

Green Arrow - This would work... easily.

Moonknight - This might work.... but the government would approach him quicker.

Blue Beetle - Military... that's where he'd fit in.

I see where you're going with it but I just have to point out my own theories.

Symmetric Chaos
ermm.

Northern Middle Eastern Front ftw.

Do you even know where Yemen is?

Citizen V
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Do you even know where Yemen is?

Yeah, ----> thataway from Africa, south...west Asia? it's below Saudi Arabia right?

And lets be honest, most people, don't know where Yemen is.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, ----> thataway from Africa, south...west Asia? it's below Saudi Arabia right?

Just South of SaudiArabia.

Thats as far south as the MidEast goes.

And lets be honest, most people, don't know where Yemen is.

stick out tongue

Galan007
Judging by what the world is rapidly turning into nowadays,

V, , would be my choice.

Symmetric Chaos
IronMan (or current Cable) would probably do extremely well in our current world.

He'd be inescapable. Not to mention since he could pull information from satellites and possibly cell phones it'd be easy for him to provide evidence that's needed to make an arrest. Working with the government wouldn't be needed since he'd be able to gain access to their files with relative ease.

Darth Vicious
I would say GL or Magneto. GL because if theres a GL there must be a GLC and the way this world is headed, we need unbiased law enforcement. If that fails, someone like Magneto need to rule with an iron hand.

Entity
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I would say GL or Magneto. GL because if theres a GL there must be a GLC and the way this world is headed, we need unbiased law enforcement. If that fails, someone like Magneto need to rule with an iron hand. What do you think BA would do?
But he'd just grab his little corner of Iraq or whatever and leave us the **** alone unless we bothered him.

Which you know the US would do! sad

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
If that fails, someone like Magneto need to rule with an iron hand.

"Iron hand" laughing out loud

SnakeEyes
Definitely The Punisher.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Entity
What do you think BA would do?
But he'd just grab his little corner of Iraq or whatever and leave us the **** alone unless we bothered him.

Which you know the US would do! sad
Of course, he is probably hiding weapons of mass destructions in his @$$!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.