Deathly Hallows Spoiler Warning!!!!!!!!! (READ!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RoguePw25
Okay, seeing as the release of Deathly Hallows is just around the corner, I thought it would be appropiate to take this times to express one simple point:

KEEP SPOILERS OFF THE FORUMS!

We have a very nice handy spoiler tag if you would like to discuss something in the books. A simple code that goes like this:

Writer your spoiler here
^ minus the *

Everyone does not want to be told what happens in a particular chapter, the titles or anything like that. So creating threads like "Dumbledore dies!" is completely prohibited.

All in all, let's just keep this place spoiler free unless you use the tags or post a spoiler warning in the title. Thanks guys. smile

-RoguePw25

tigress
No problem Rogue hey its great to be back, btw I cant find the gryff common room any ideas lol?

siriuswriter
Yay for Rogue showing the iron fist!

No spoilers! No spoilers!!

~KoK!~
There's already a General discussion thread, and a Spoiler thread!

Yay me and Phantom!

The Phantom
o.o It's still good to have the warning because we do have some stupid people who will ignore those threads...

siriuswriter
I'm just planning on staying completely shut off from the world until I finish it...

Yeah. My anti-spoiler policy: Don't. Trust. Anyone. *shifty eyes*

The Phantom
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I'm just planning on staying completely shut off from the world until I finish it...

Yeah. My anti-spoiler policy: Don't. Trust. Anyone. *shifty eyes* Here here. *Glares at Sirius-mun accusingly.*

siriuswriter
*stares back at Phantom suspiciously*

You know if you turn out to be right about this Harry Potter/Not Harry Potter thing, I will hate you for spoiling that for me.

Then laugh. But hate first.

The Phantom
*stares back at Phantom suspiciously*

You know if you turn out to be right about this Harry Potter/Not Harry Potter thing, I will hate you for spoiling that for me.

Then laugh. But hate first. o.o But it was complete speculation. I know nothing. I wont let the book get spoiled for me. But see, I've played that into your mind.

Shit, we are off topic...

siriuswriter
Not really. We're talking about how bad spoilers are.

THEY ARE BAD.

See? On-topic.

The Phantom
Sneaky sneaky. Well, true. Last year someone posted the a picture of the page that showed that DD was dead. Course, no one believed it but still.

siriuswriter
... which is why I am completely and utterly locking myself off from the world once that book hits my hand.

There might even be messages in alphabet soup... GAH!

*is now paranoid*

The Phantom
... which is why I am completely and utterly locking myself off from the world once that book hits my hand.

There might even be messages in alphabet soup... GAH!

*is now paranoid* o.o God dammit you make me paranoid..

siriuswriter
Think about it - those Easy Mac things have plenty of noodlage to work with...

chillmeistergen
Last time, I got the book at midnight ad had finished it by 4:00pm the next day. It was so hard to not spoil it for my sister.

The Phantom
Think about it - those Easy Mac things have plenty of noodlage to work with... o.oOriginally posted by chillmeistergen
Last time, I got the book at midnight ad had finished it by 4:00pm the next day. It was so hard to not spoil it for my sister. Your poor sister.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by The Phantom
o.o Your poor sister.

I didn't spoil it for her, it was just so tempting talk to her about it, forgetting she hadn't got that far yet.

The Phantom
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I didn't spoil it for her, it was just so tempting talk to her about it, forgetting she hadn't got that far yet. This is when you say "Here little sis, borrow my book."

chillmeistergen
This is when you say "Here little sis, borrow my book."

Nah, she had her own book as well. I bought it for her at the midnight opening.

The Phantom
Nah, she had her own book as well. I bought it for her at the midnight opening. What a good brother. ^.^

chillmeistergen
Haha, I wouldn't have been if I'd spoilt it for her. Luckily though, I managed to hold out and wait till she had finished, to talk to her of horcruxes and Dumbledore's demise.

Lana
When HBP came out, I was on vacation with my family, and my sister and I dragged my mom out to find a store that had a copy.

I think myself, my sister, my mom, and my brother had all read it within three days.

And I was good and didn't spoil them happy

I will admit that when OotP came out, I read it first and was a bit of a b!tch and told them that someone died and then named off random characters. I had my brother convinced that it was Ron stick out tongue

The Phantom
Well... Good girl on not spoiling it for HBP. Bad girl for saying someone dies in OotP. Clever girl on making your brother think it was Ron who died.

Lana
Well... Good girl on not spoiling it for HBP. Bad girl for saying someone dies in OotP. Clever girl on making your brother think it was Ron who died.

It was known long before the book came out that someone was going to die, so I wasn't too bad on doing that stick out tongue

DanZeke25
Apparently there is already a scan of the Epiliogue(I spelled that like a jerk-off) but obviously I wasn't curious enough to look into it.

Lana
There is, I've mentioned it a few times in the spoiler threads.

I've also mentioned my reasons as to why I think it's a fake stick out tongue

The Phantom
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Apparently there is already a scan of the Epiliogue(I spelled that like a jerk-off) but obviously I wasn't curious enough to look into it. -_- Makes me worry.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Lana
There is, I've mentioned it a few times in the spoiler threads.

I've also mentioned my reasons as to why I think it's a fake stick out tongue

I read zero threads before posting that as you can tell.

Can you tell me why you think it's fake without telling me what it actually says? Probably not possible right?

Because I had one huge reason for why the Snape kills Dumbledore page was fake, and I was wrong about that.

Lana
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I read zero threads before posting that as you can tell.

Can you tell me why you think it's fake without telling me what it actually says? Probably not possible right?

Because I had one huge reason for why the Snape kills Dumbledore page was fake, and I was wrong about that.

Above the fact that it's just very poorly written and not really JKR's style, the page numbers don't line up - if that epilogue is real, then there's 25 pages missing.

Nightingale14
I wonder why anyone would go through the pain of writing a book of Hp when its so close to jk releasing it..

~LunaLoveG~
Originally posted by Nightingale14
I wonder why anyone would go through the pain of writing a book of Hp when its so close to jk releasing it..

it is most likely to get everyone hyped ovr it erm he most likely did not write the whole thing

The Phantom
I just wanna point out this is the most I've seen people on the Harry Potter Forum in a long while...

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by ~LunaLoveG~
it is most likely to get everyone hyped ovr it erm he most likely did not write the whole thing

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a purposeful false leak, by the publishers.

The Phantom
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a purposeful false leak, by the publishers. Good way to publicize.

chillmeistergen
Yeah pretty much and, it's free. Word of mouth is probably the strongest seller.

The Phantom
Yeah pretty much and, it's free. Word of mouth is probably the strongest seller. God bless peoples mouths... and fingers for internet use.... This is coming from an agnostic too.

AngryManatee
Spoiler: Harry goes to Mordor and pulls the ring out of the lava.

The Phantom
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Spoiler: Harry goes to Mordor and pulls the ring out of the lava. I'd believe it.

The Phantom
Well everyone, as I have seen, it is no longer safe on here anymore. Someone has already posted stuff that they shouldn't. So, I'm off. See you guys after I finish the book and when you guys have. Hope the book doesn't get spoiled for you all.

Don_of_the_Dead
Read the last 2 chapters last night, found the book in my stores stockroom, won't spoil it for anyone, but it is a great read.

Enjoy!

exanda kane
Heard a genuine copy was leaked onthe web this afternoon.

SeanTerry727
THey Had it on a late night TV show and it said THey were gonna tell all the Secrets about the Book and i Turned of my Television!!! go me!

sith_darth_jay
I was unlucky to read this spoiler, if anybody knows for sure, or already read the book all the way through, can you please confirm this spoiler

NOTE: read at your own risk, might be true
: Bellatrix kills Ron!

I just finished reading the first chapter, so if ..........on second thought I'm not sure I wanna know........

Darth Macabre
Oh, man, I just got finished reading the second chapter, and I must say....Dumbledore's father being a muggle-hater was brilliant!

Soljer
Originally posted by sith_darth_jay
I was unlucky to read this spoiler, if anybody knows for sure, or already read the book all the way through, can you please confirm this spoiler

NOTE: read at your own risk, might be true
: Bellatrix kills Ron!

I just finished reading the first chapter, so if ..........on second thought I'm not sure I wanna know........

False.

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Oh, man, I just got finished reading the second chapter, and I must say....Dumbledore's father being a muggle-hater was brilliant!

Also false. Continue reading.

Elanna Riddle
Bought HP7 this morning, at 9:30 finishing it at about 5pm (including breaks like lunch and chores and stuff...)

I'm dancing
dance dance dance dance

Silent Dreams
I went to Waterstones in London to get my copy. Everyone was dressed up even myself. I am in work dressed as Cho,

And the last word is nor Scar!

sith_darth_jay
Originally posted by Soljer
False.

Also false. Continue reading.

good to know!!!!

I just woke up an hour ago and I'm just about to read chapter 3. With some luck I'll be done with the book by monday morning if not earlier big grin

...and I'm off this forum until them

Bicnarok
If Ron gets killed then how does he marry Hermione & have two children called Rose and Hugo.

allofyousuckkk
Ya, I read the book. One word: Amazing.
Deaths
Fred, Moody, Tonks, Lupin, Voldemort, Snape, Dobby. George loses and ear and Ron splinches a part of his arm, but that doesnt seem to be permanent.

Interesting stuff:
Deathly Hallows are three items that when united will be master of death (im not sure if its explained what that means exactly, because dumbledore just gives his opinion. Anyway, these three things are the stone fo resurection (gaunts ring's stone), the invisibility cloak and the elders wand. It is an unbelievably powerful wand that dumbledore has been using. It can only be taken by beating the person (it can be taken, but it wont work right, like all wands that arent assigned or won) Dumbly beat grindewald, his former friend bc he wanted to unite the hallows but decided not to.

Horcruxes:
guess i was wrong, Harry did have a horcrux in him. Voldy used the killing curse but bc he had harry's blood in him, his fate was tied to Harry's. Sicne he lived, Harry lived, kjust in time to make amends with dumbly in a subconcious afterlife. So the horcruxes are as follws: The destroyed ring, the snake (neville kills), The locket, the cup (bellatrix had it in her gringots vault), Harry, The crown of Ravenclaw (which was in the room of requirement) and the bit of voldy that was in his body.

Snape:
Snape was good. He was on Dumbledores orders the entire time. The thing that made Fumbly trust him was his love for Lily, and old childhood friend who never spoke to him after he called her a mudblood. He watched over Harry secretly the entire time, trying to protect him any way he could. He eventually is killed by voldemort, who thinks that Snape inherited the elder wand, when in reality, he didnt (bc he didnt relinquish the wand from dumbledore, draco did)(and later, harry fought draco for his wand after harry's broke)
Voldemort has Nagini kill Snape so that he can inherit the wand, which he doesnt

Quinlan-Vos
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
Ya, I read the book. One word: Amazing.
Deaths
Fred, Moody, Tonks, Lupin, Voldemort, Snape, Dobby. George loses and ear and Ron splinches a part of his arm, but that doesnt seem to be permanent.

Interesting stuff:
Deathly Hallows are three items that when united will be master of death (im not sure if its explained what that means exactly, because dumbledore just gives his opinion. Anyway, these three things are the stone fo resurection (gaunts ring's stone), the invisibility cloak and the elders wand. It is an unbelievably powerful wand that dumbledore has been using. It can only be taken by beating the person (it can be taken, but it wont work right, like all wands that arent assigned or won) Dumbly beat grindewald, his former friend bc he wanted to unite the hallows but decided not to.

Horcruxes:
guess i was wrong, Harry did have a horcrux in him. Voldy used the killing curse but bc he had harry's blood in him, his fate was tied to Harry's. Sicne he lived, Harry lived, kjust in time to make amends with dumbly in a subconcious afterlife. So the horcruxes are as follws: The destroyed ring, the snake (neville kills), The locket, the cup (bellatrix had it in her gringots vault), Harry, The crown of Ravenclaw (which was in the room of requirement) and the bit of voldy that was in his body.

Snape:
Snape was good. He was on Dumbledores orders the entire time. The thing that made Fumbly trust him was his love for Lily, and old childhood friend who never spoke to him after he called her a mudblood. He watched over Harry secretly the entire time, trying to protect him any way he could. He eventually is killed by voldemort, who thinks that Snape inherited the elder wand, when in reality, he didnt (bc he didnt relinquish the wand from dumbledore, draco did)(and later, harry fought draco for his wand after harry's broke)
Voldemort has Nagini kill Snape so that he can inherit the wand, which he doesnt

You forgot Bellatrix . Damn, 'twas a weird book... still not sure how it compares to... anything...

allofyousuckkk
and I forgot Hedwig

can someone explain to me what the cover of the book had to do witht the actual book? i dont get it?

Nickey
Total Awesomeness! eek!

I can't get my book until Monday, because Amazon mixed up my order with someone else's. Then I tried Barnes&Noble, but I wanted to get the whole collection, but I would have to wait until September for that. I'd be on my second week of school, before I get it! So I cancelled it. And then I had to reorder my book from Amazon, and I bought one for my best friend New Jersey. (Not that any of you needed to know that) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stupid Amazon!

Elanna Riddle
and I forgot Hedwig

can someone explain to me what the cover of the book had to do witht the actual book? i dont get it?

Well the Australian and UK version (I think)
Is the gringots scene when they are getting the cup

However, I am a bit stumped for the US one, with Voldemort and Harry on the cover... I'll read the book again and try and figure it out... possibly that final scene or something... only time i can think of where they are actually dueling as such... or maybe its just symbolic
However the Box set art one is of that scene they escape on the dragon...

Also, I was wondering if anyone else had people bugging them while you were trying to read... my dad walked in almost every half hour and said. "Is he dead yet?"

allofyousuckkk
I know. I wanted to ****ing choke my parents. I got home, and they immediately scolded me for banging on the door. then my dad wanted coffee. I started reading at 12:30 a.m and around 2 my mom called me to tell me that i had to be in bed. I stayed up until around 4 and then woke up at 8 to babysit. Read it until like, 11. Everybody I know was calling to ask if he died, and to send me stupid txts saying he died.

Arctic
I bought the book at 2 in the morning and finished it about an hour ago. Awesome book. Won't give anything away.

The Phantom
Just finished the book about 10 minutes ago. Got it yesterday at noon. My hats off to you, JKR. Amazing book.

Reverend Yes
The book is, indeed, incredible. So many deaths though... Well done JKR.

Celestialgirl
Just finished the book, wasn't really bugged while reading it, just hated the fact that I had to go to work when in got awesome... I loved that I keep meeting a whole bunch of Potter fans though by selling it I love that part of my job cause it's awesome! But I'd have rather skipped out on work to read the book but unfortunately I needed the money.... But I'm done now and only one part seemed to be missing from the ending... You never get to see the aftermath of Fred's death and the effect it had on the rest of George's life it makes me so sad I remember telling my dad wouldn't it be sad if one of the twins died? and it came true! I feel guilty for thinking that.... I couldn't cry when he died in the book because I couldn't believe it, now I just like cried my heart out... and poor Percy coming back, but just in time to see his brother die? What an ending! I'm always into the tragedy type of stuff it's really depressing.

allofyousuckkk
Ya, I think we can all agree the epilogue was a weak point in the story.

danielle marie.
I don't think it was. I liked the epilogue. Maybe it's just me.

Yes, it was an amazing book.

The Phantom
Epilogue couldn't have been better. Ended like it started. A children's book.

chillmeistergen
It felt extremely forced.

div
The book is amazing! i forgot how to do the spoiler tag so i wont say anything but its the best book shes written. I thought it would be the worst because there was so much to be covered but she managed it seamlessly it just fitted into place. since i dont have the spoiler tag i'll just sort of code it... The "Thing" that the Goblin stole, it was used at the end to destroy a horcrux...how did they get it back messed

Arctic
Epilogue couldn't have been better. Ended like it started. A children's book.

What? Yeah, plenty of children read the books, but it's not simply a "childrens book." People of all ages read those books. Children, teenagers, adults. It's stupid to label the series "childrens books."

jasonowens4200
she wrote it to be a childrens book she had no idea what it would turn out to be a pheonomon where all ages would read it

Arctic
Yeah...but the last two or three books weren't exactly what you would call childrens books. People dying left and right. The last few were more young adult type books.

Nightingale14
It was still known as a children's bookerm

chillmeistergen
She wrote a 7 book series, which took longer than 7 years to finish. The children that began reading the first books, are now 16-19. I don't think it's a childrens book, name me another 'childrens' book that uses terms like doppelgangers.

The Phantom
It's a children's book. And that's how she ended it. People do die in children's books, people.

chillmeistergen
More of a teenagers book, it deals with all the troubles of growing up etc.

Arctic
It's a children's book. And that's how she ended it. People do die in children's books, people.

They started as childrens books, but as it went, they were no longer childrens books. Okay?

The Phantom
Originally posted by Arctic
They started as childrens books, but as it went, they were no longer childrens books. Okay? Doesn't deny that they are still classified it as so. And she ended it like it started. A children's book.

Trust me, I was watching the news when the book came out. They were interviewing a bunch of kids in the early years of Elementary School (Which surprises me because they didn't look like readers but hey, that's just me.)

Elanna Riddle
and I forgot Hedwig

I know what the cover of the USA is now.
I asked a few friends and one really smart one pointed out that it was...
the final battle between Voldemort and Harry - cause see they were in the great hall - that's why its got that orange sky thing - it must of taken place as the sun rose or something... it would make sense as the ceiling of the great hall is enchanted to look like the sky outside...

Patronus
Also, I was wondering if anyone else had people bugging them while you were trying to read... my dad walked in almost every half hour and said. "Is he dead yet?"

My experience while reading the 7th book was very interesting. I was on vacation with my wife. We went to visit her dad and his brothers, who do not appreciate the books at all (they think they are children's books...ignorant people). Anyway, every 15 minutes I was hit with the question "Is he dead yet?" I did not find it amusing in the least, but unfortunately they did. It was very anticlimatic having to read the final book in the company of haters. However, I enjoyed the book immensely.

My wife's cousin (only 13 years old) is an amazing speed reader and finished the book after only 4 hours (I was only on page 180, we got 2 copies), and he promised not to tell me the ending. However, the next evening, one of his friends was at the house (I ended up ostracizing myself in a bedroom, being tired of hearing the "Is he dead yet?" taunts from my Uncles-In-Law). All of the sudden I heard my cousin-in-law's friend yell, "DAD! HE ALREADY READ THE 7TH BOOK AND TOLD ME THE ENDING!! HE SAID..." and then I covered my ears and sang the Harry Potter theme by John Williams as loudly as I could. Fortunately, I did not hear what the kid said. From that point on I was paranoid about hearing the ending in the hater-infested house. I kept myself away from everyone until I finished the book, my wife was very displeased, but it was worth it. I finally finished it at 4:30am on Sunday. Being thankful that no one told me the ending and happy to enjoy the book in a not-so-encouraging environment, I enjoyed myself the rest of the week.

Fleeshman=FIT
harry potter book amazing pm me any gd book titles plz i love the potter books sad there ova now thou

goddess_susu
HEY GUYS LISTEN TO THIS SONG

ACCIO Deathly Hallows song
hahaaha

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Great book. I loved it from start to finish, and - oh! - what a finish it was! Tied-up things wonderfully, and was so completely satisfying. I shed a tear when he was about to enter the woods, and said "I'm about to die...".

Great stuff.

goddess_susu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvvFiZyEyTA
ok here's the song
theres no spoilers

crazykim
OMG that song is tooo funny:P yet it did seem to describe exactly how i felt:P

HaRoHe
Does anyone know how to get to the Ravenclaw common room?

Syren
That 'Accio Deathly Hallows' song is brilliant. I joined the Brotherhood forum and it's great - plus I'm currently watching all of the vlogs from back in January to now clapping

DarkC
Originally posted by Elanna Riddle
I know what the cover of the USA is now.
I asked a few friends and one really smart one pointed out that it was...
the final battle between Voldemort and Harry - cause see they were in the great hall - that's why its got that orange sky thing - it must of taken place as the sun rose or something... it would make sense as the ceiling of the great hall is enchanted to look like the sky outside...
Yeah, and you can see the silhouettes of people in the background.

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by goddess_susu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvvFiZyEyTA
ok here's the song
theres no spoilers
that was silly

DarkC
I don't get why they didn't cast Cheering Charms on Ron to keep him from blowing up at them. Or whoever was wearing the Horcrux, for that matter.

nmensfinest
What I don't get is why wizards never utilised multiple wands at once, as it's made clear in the books that it's all the more effective, for example in Hallows when Harry triple stuns Fenrir Greyback in Malfoy Manor, and he's lifted up into the air right to the ceiling and then slammed down. It's not like there's a short supply of wands in the world or anything, as can be seen in Stone when Harry shops for his and there are shelves and shelves full of them. Looks like Dumbledore wasn't quite as smart as he seemed to think, not equipping his order members with such advantages.

Syren
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
that was silly

Oh, how I wish you'd delved a little deeper into the brilliance that are the 'vlogbrothers' - truly, you are missing something wonderful smile

tigress
I found the wearing of the locket to be a tad LoTR lol anyone else think this I almost wet myself laughing when I was reading that but I thought hmmmmmmm Frodo is goin schitzo lol amazing book though soo much better than HBP theres still alot she didnt touch on though.

stickman618
Originally posted by nmensfinest
What I don't get is why wizards never utilised multiple wands at once, as it's made clear in the books that it's all the more effective, for example in Hallows when Harry triple stuns Fenrir Greyback in Malfoy Manor, and he's lifted up into the air right to the ceiling and then slammed down. It's not like there's a short supply of wands in the world or anything, as can be seen in Stone when Harry shops for his and there are shelves and shelves full of them. Looks like Dumbledore wasn't quite as smart as he seemed to think, not equipping his order members with such advantages.

only one wand will pick one user

you have to rightfully "win" another wand, either by killing it's owner(and if the owner were given a proper funeral he would have his wand snapped), or by snatching it from them(as Harry did)

maybe they preferred using the one wand that chose them because they have a special connection to it.

question is, why didn't they break Dumbledore's wand at his funeral??

simonejun

Hmmm...is it normal practice to break the wand when a wizard/witch dies? I would expect wands to be buried because then the owner "takes their magic with them".

Simone.

stickman618
well i think it is

there's a part of the 6th book where Hagrid and a teacher are singing at that big spider's funeral, they said something about snapping a wand at a wizard's death

Dresta
Originally posted by stickman618
only one wand will pick one user

you have to rightfully "win" another wand, either by killing it's owner(and if the owner were given a proper funeral he would have his wand snapped), or by snatching it from them(as Harry did)

maybe they preferred using the one wand that chose them because they have a special connection to it.

Because the Eldar Wand is unbreakable.

stickman618
hmm... ok

jasonowens4200
is the 8th part of voldemort soul in him cause in i know the where the other 7 are in the horcruxes

LEWZMP
I like soup.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.