Who has screwed over death too many times?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
In light of Marvel's building storyline involving Skrull's, I decided to compile a list of Marvel characters who have recently (or all too often) proven death inefficient. Assuming these characters aren't Skrulls, what's there death and resurrection track record like?

Here are some good examples;

Bucky - Winter Soldier has recently come back from his famous death and now is avenging his mentor's death. Bucky hasn't come back before but that's partly why his resurrection is so shocking. He is one of the few MU characters who hasn't beaten death more than I've had hot meals.

Captain America- Again Cap is the reverse of Bucky here. He hasn't died many times but when he has it's been big occasions. We are talking the ultimate WW2 Memorial funeral.

Wolverine - Mr Howlett is probably the character to beat death the most times but he has a great excuse in the form of super accelerated healing. I'm willing to give this walking plot device the benefit of the doubt. If any MU character's think they have kicked the Grim Reaper in the crotch too many times, Wolverine has probably broken the record, or set it!

Elektra- This femme fatale has had an incredibly famous death in one of the greatest comics I have ever read. It's a shame her popularity revived her something like 9 issues later. She also kicked the bucket in Wolverine : Enemy of the state. Currently her whereabouts unknown.

Personally I think the number one slot should go to Jean Grey/Phoenix. She truly lives up to her code name. When she's dead, she's flying around covered in flame and when she's alive she might as well replace her bed with a coffin.

Any other suggestions? Xavier and mar Vehl come to mind for memorable deaths yes

Maestro
Thanos in more ways than one

llagrok
Wolverine actually dies, beats up Lazaer and comes back so I suppose he's the one who has beaten death the most times.

Him and mister immortal smile

Disappear
i doubt death even pays attention to mr. immortal, considering he evolved beyond her.

has anything besides that one issue ever come to surface about this lazaer chump?

llagrok
Originally posted by Disappear
i doubt death even pays attention to mr. immortal, considering he evolved beyond her.

has anything besides that one issue ever come to surface about this lazaer chump?

Not that I know of though. I haven't picked up the two latest Wolverine issues though, so I wouldn't know for sure.

grey fox
Phoenix has spat in Deaths eye one too many times.

And people wonder why I despise the X-men

no expression

Citizen V
Fidel Castro.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Citizen V
Fidel Castro.

He's not dead yet...... shifty

Magneto and Apocalypse definitely belong on this list. *cough* Xornerto *cough* stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Doomsday

llagrok
Sublime

apoc001
Definitely Wolverine. I mean, the whole superfast healing thing was fun at first, but now it's been exaggerated to a rediculous degree. I read in the old comics, where Mystique takes on the X-men is a simulation and she kills Wolverine by slitting his throat. His healing factor wasn't fast enough to save him. Now, he can be reduced to a skeleton and still come back. That's not accelerated human healing. Human healing closes the wounds, it doesn't replace internal organs or limbs or eyes or anything. He should've died a long, long, long, long, long time ago.

Blight
Originally posted by Maestro
Thanos in more ways than one Actually... she kindof screws him over.

willRules
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He's not dead yet...... shifty

Magneto and Apocalypse definitely belong on this list. *cough* Xornerto *cough* stick out tongue

Yeah Magneto has died lotsa times, but with Apocalypse, I only recollect En Sabah Nur kicking the bucket once or twice. I thought that usually he didn't die but just did a runner or had some sort of escape plan. I know He was killed by Cable and Jean Grey once. Didn't he nearly die in the more recent blood of Apocalypse story????

Evil_Ash

GGS
Dr Doom till we found out it was those pesky DoomBots.

[BAW]Endrict
Batman, he's the master of not dying. He's been at Death's door more times than not, Death must really want him by now....

Reaper777
Doomsday and Lobo...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by apoc001
Definitely Wolverine. I mean, the whole superfast healing thing was fun at first, but now it's been exaggerated to a rediculous degree. I read in the old comics, where Mystique takes on the X-men is a simulation and she kills Wolverine by slitting his throat. His healing factor wasn't fast enough to save him. Now, he can be reduced to a skeleton and still come back. That's not accelerated human healing. Human healing closes the wounds, it doesn't replace internal organs or limbs or eyes or anything. He should've died a long, long, long, long, long time ago.

If you had read that comic you'd know that Mystic beat a robotic Wolverine - made by Arcade - by sliting its throat.

[BAW]Endrict
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
If you had read that comic you'd know that Mystic beat a robotic Wolverine - made by Arcade - by sliting its throat.

Your supposed to read comics? damn! I got the hole thing wrong, I was just looking at the pictures.

willRules

Endless Mike
Deadpool

lordboo
Originally posted by willRules
eek! what happens next??? Or did it end there??????
sadly it ended there.
just waiting from the celestails to return him for a reason/mission imo.

Citizen V
Jesus.

willRules
He did it once roll eyes (sarcastic) And he didn't so much screw death over as repeatedly kick the Grim Reaper in the crotch.

Trust me, I'd know, I'm a Christian yes

Citizen V
He did it once roll eyes (sarcastic) And he didn't so much screw death over as repeatedly kick the Grim Reaper in the crotch.

Don't make excuses for him.

He screwed Death over, that bastard.

stick out tongue.

Symmetric Chaos

You neglected to mention that he's threatened to bring others back from death.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Bullying others into screwing over Death aswell..

What a jerk.

willRules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Sym, we have been through this before, there is a difference between threats and promises yes stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Sym, we have been through this before, there is a difference between threats and promises yes stick out tongue

Depends on your PoV stick out tongue

willRules
Important, life changing issues aside.....

In light of the comic characters who have bitten the dust often, who do you think is a Skrull???? Bendis said it is someone who has had a wobbly resurrection in the last couple of years. Cap is far too obvious plus his body didn't revert back to a Skrull (Although When Wolvie was replaced by one, it didn't turn back even when it died, until beast injected it with a formula, Why the Skrull Elektra did is weird and not very strategic for shape changing aliens)

I really hope Bucky isn't a Skrull...............

willRules
Check out these Skrulltastic solits.....

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/nov07/solicitations.html

willRules
BUMP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.