U.S. retailers to accept pesos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
U.S. retailers "Value Giant" and "Pizza Parton" to accept pesos.

Dallas-based chain Value Giant announced in a press release Thursday that their retail stores will begin accepting Mexican pesos as payment, according to MyFOXDFW.com.

The Value Giant store at Southwest Center Mall will be hosting a promotional event on Saturday to introduce the new policy.

Value Giant is a regional discount retailer offering groceries, clothes, electronics and general merchandise.

In January, another Dallas-based business, Pizza Patron, created controversy with its announcement that it would accept the Mexican currency.

Pizza Patron has reported increased profits since the decision was made.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289140,00.html

I wonder how much of on impact this will have say 20-50 years from now when the Hispanics become the majority in this country.

Who knows ...

Bardock42
Sounds like a smart decision. All in favour of it.

botankus
Makes perfect sense in Texas. Alaska, I'd have my doubts. But Texas, absolutely.

Fishy
Makes sense, see no reason why they wouldn't.

When Europe still had all the different coins border towns would generally accept the currency of the country nearby. It's just smart economics, makes people spend more money.

botankus
In fact, I thought a large amount of companies, especially in Texas, had been doing this for years.

PITT_HAPPENS
Already been posted but no reason not to.

pepperjeff
Makes total sense. It is a good business move, especially with the weak US Dollar.

SelinaAndBruce
I think it is stupid, personally. But business will do whatever for any kind of money.

Alliance
I think this is great.

The question is...will tehy give change in pesos or USD?

Kram3r
Originally posted by Alliance
I think this is great.

The question is...will tehy give change in pesos or USD?

Well considering they're American based I'd assume USD.

Rogue Jedi
*offers kr3mer 50 pesos for a piece of arse*

Bardock42
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I think it is stupid, personally. But business will do whatever for any kind of money. Why?

Originally posted by Alliance
I think this is great.

The question is...will tehy give change in pesos or USD? USD I guess.

Robtard
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I wonder how much of on impact this will have say 20-50 years from now when the Hispanics become the majority in this country.

Who knows ...

If that is true, then America should be a 3rd world country within 50 years, great!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
If that is true, then America should be a 3rd world country within 50 years, great! laughing

Devil King
I think accepting pesos is ridiculous! In terms of the number of pesos that go into a dollar alone, it's insane.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Robtard
If that is true, then America should be a 3rd world country within 50 years, great!

How racist.

Robtard
Originally posted by Devil King
I think accepting pesos is ridiculous! In terms of the number of pesos that go into a dollar alone, it's insane.

1 Mexican peso = 0.092943 U.S. dollars

Robtard
How racist.

How so?

Besides, you have claimed that something "isn't racist, if it's a fact", no matter how racist it may sound.

Devil King
How racist.

Well, shit. I didn't realize you started the thread. I told myself to avoid your drivel.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why?

Because I just think we should just take American dollars. What will they do with the pesos? Take them to the bank and exchange them at the end of the day? I guess it's not a really big deal but little stuff like that just annoys me.

Fishy
Because I just think we should just take American dollars. What will they do with the pesos? Take them to the bank and exchange them at the end of the day? I guess it's not a really big deal but little stuff like that just annoys me.

Why? These company's make money out of it. You aren't some communist whose against company's making money are you?

Bardock42
What will they do with the pesos? Take them to the bank and exchange them at the end of the day?

Y-yeah.

Thanks for stealing my answer there....everybody wants to feel useless.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by botankus
Makes perfect sense in Texas. Alaska, I'd have my doubts. But Texas, absolutely.

Arizona as well. It would make perfect sense for border towns on the US side to accept pesos. I've been to stores, shops, bazaars, and cafes in deep Mexico that accept USD.

Alliance
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Arizona as well. It would make perfect sense for border towns on the US side to accept pesos. I've been to stores, shops, bazaars, and cafes in deep Mexico that accept USD.

Cambodia only accepts USD.

...well...almost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.