The Unofficial Stanley Kubrick Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nosada
I don't see much homage to Stan' on the boards. What do you think of him as a director? He's at the top of my list, as all his films are timeless. I think he's the most underrated director out there (R.I.P.).

SnakeEyes
I like his work.

A Clockwork Orange is my favorite film of his. Followed closely by The Shining.

Myth
Tough call, and depending on the day, I could vote for Clockwork Orange, Shining, or Full Metal Jacket (because of the first half). Today, I voted for Orange.

Wolfie
Based on my preferences: The Shining, 2001: ASO, Clockwork Orange.

dave_kodak
Based on the films ive seen, i have to say "A Clockwork Orange", i tend to like a movie that makes me see another point of veiw on life, Even if my stance on such events is wrong.

ive yet to see all of "2001: A Space Odyssey" but i own it on dvd.

and as for "Dr. Strangelove" i also own that on dvd, but i really felt something like that could, would, and will happen.
if the zombies dont attack first anyway.

exanda kane
2001. Right about now I feel I should say "Hands down", just to emphasis how great it is, but to do so would be injustice to his other great films.

2D_MASTER
I think that 2001 is a better movie... but my favorite movie has to be A clockwork Orange, it was one of very few movies that actually made a impact on my persona.

MildPossession
2001, A Clockwork Orange, and The Shining are my favourites.

Nosada
2001 was the first film to really "speak" to me (even with approximately 12 minutes of dialogue). I can't say I'd put any of his - or anyone's - film above it. I consider all his others to be pretty much equal in scope and score.

PONG_MASTER
I'm one of those assh*les that's only seen A Clockwork Orange and The Shining, and it's hard for me to choose between them. I'll probably have to go with A Clockwork Orange since Alex's mom wears silly wigs, and Malcolm McDowell was pure "gorgeousness and gorgeousity", if I must say so myself.

I haven't even seen Full Metal Jacket or 2001. I saw Eyes Wide Shut a long time ago, but I don't remember much so it counts as me not seeing it.

Solo
Barry Lyndon

2001 comes in a very close second, though.

Myth
Thats a not very often mentioned one. They're all great though.

Solo
It's a shame, too. It's easily his best, and one of (if not) my favorite movies of all time.

Myth
Well, thats just a matter of opinion. Its actually one of my least favorites of his, but that doesn't say it isn't really good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.