Comic Poker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peregrinefalcon
Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Brainiac 5, Bruce Wayne, Mr. Terrific, Reed Richards, Victor Von Doom, Tony Stark, The Leader, and Doyle Brunson in a game of tournament-style no-limit Texas Hold'em.

Sledgehamster
Domino wink

peregrinefalcon
Well, if you're going to add in an outsider like Domino, you can probably add someone better. The Grandmaster (I'm brain-farting right now. Is that his name? The eternal that gambles all the time. That guy) is a much better choice.

peregrinefalcon
I'm going to take my own silly post seriously for a second. Reed Richard's the most intelligent of all of them, but he doesn't have the agressive personality to win. Lex Luthor isn't all that smart in comics in the past 20 years. Mr. Terrific is just plain silly. "The third smartest man in the world." What jabronie writer thought of that? Tony Stark does ok for a while but a bad beat causes him to take a drink and his alcoholism kicks in. Either that, or he gets distracted by the cocktail waitress. Both Victor Von Doom and Brainiac get incredibly mad when someone makes a play that they think is idiotic, this puts them on tilt and they end up donking their chips away in frustration. The Leader never knows when to hold'em and when to fold'em as is evidence by the number of times he stupidly picked a fight with The Hulk. It ends up with Brainiac 5, Bruce Wayne, and Doyle Brunson as the last three. Brainiac 5 also lacks an aggressive nature and both Wayne and Brunson whittle away at his chips through creative bluffs. Wayne and Brunson are the final two. If one has a significan chip lead over the other, that one wins. If they're relatively equal in chips at the time they're heads-up, then Wayne notices Brunson's ultra-aggressive nature in heads-up competition, switches gears...plays tighter and goes over the top once he has the superior hand. Batman wins.

teh_perfection
Bats pwns.

peregrinefalcon
Originally posted by teh_perfection
Bats pwns.

I'm new to this forum. Some kindly tell me what the acronym "pwns" means. I'm assuming it has Batman winning, but I'd like to know the exact words it means. sad

Endless Mike
Originally posted by peregrinefalcon
I'm new to this forum. Some kindly tell me what the acronym "pwns" means. I'm assuming it has Batman winning, but I'd like to know the exact words it means. sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn

peregrinefalcon
Wow wow wow wow wow.

I've heard of nerds before...and I readily admit to being an occassional nerd. I buy about 12 comics a month watch a few Star Treks and such...but to have someone take the time to come up with such a phrase, use it and moreover take the time to write an article about it on Wikipedia is BEYOND nerdom.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by peregrinefalcon
Wow wow wow wow wow.

I've heard of nerds before...and I readily admit to being an occassional nerd. I buy about 12 comics a month watch a few Star Treks and such...but to have someone take the time to come up with such a phrase, use it and moreover take the time to write an article about it on Wikipedia is BEYOND nerdom.

The fact that you someone found a computer, accessed the internet and managed to never heard the word "pwn" is . . . is . . .

. . .

OMFG (oh my f*cking god)

peregrinefalcon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The fact that you someone found a computer, accessed the internet and managed to never heard the word "pwn" is . . . is . . .

normal

smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.