Morrison is going to shove Damian Down our throats!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf

King_Mungi
Is it really his kid? I assumed they were going to make it a ploy or something.

King_Mungi

Devil Lance
Yay Tony Daniel on Batman Happy Dance

Batman might actually ship monthly now eek!

grey fox
I hope that little puke gets his ass kicked !

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by grey fox
I hope that little puke gets his ass kicked !

Morrison is too clever he knew what he was doing when he created him. There is no way to get rid of that puke. Every time he could die....Talia would just bath him in the lazarus pit and he returns.

Damn it!

roughrider
Morrison may be clever, but he's a wanker filled with high-minded importance, too.

manjaro
i was actually shocked that the revelation of bats having a son didnt shake up te comic world...daminas reception was more like meh...so no matter how they wanna shove him down our throats its gonna matter little in the end

Superherovandal
i would have much rather have had Selena's daughter have been his child.

outavodka
Originally posted by Superherovandal
i would have much rather have had Selena's daughter have been his child. whos kid is it

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by outavodka
whos kid is it Sam Bradley's. Originally posted by Superherovandal
i would have much rather have had Selena's daughter have been his child. As would I...as would I.

grey fox
Even Sentry is better received then this kid.

I honesty hope Jason kills the ki-....wait. I JUST REALISED eek!

Son of the bat was ret-conned in right ! Ergo it isn't part of the original Earths !! Therefore the little puke should have a Monitor on his Ass soon enough !!!!

"This world is not yours. Your presence in it is not tolerated. The penalty is death."

evil face

King_Mungi

Validus
Grant Morrison's Batman has got to be one of the most disappointing comic runs I've read. Dini's Detective is crapping all over this.

grey fox

Juntai
That sounds like a piece of shit, and usually I LIKE cheesy high concept pieces like that. However Morrison's nearly unparrelled wordsmithing will make it interesting.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
Grant Morrison's Batman has got to be one of the most disappointing comic runs I've read. Dini's Detective is crapping all over this. In a issue to issue manner, sure, but a lot of that has to do with Dini dropping one shots in a similar manner to Saturday Cartoons, and Grant Morrison slowly crafting a tale. You'll see what I mean when it's all collected.

WrathfulDwarf
I put aside Batman #666 for a whole month because I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good. So yesterday after reading #667 I decided to check it out once and for all.

I was open minded to the character. So I read it. I must say....I hate to force myself to read something I don't like. Atrocious! Simply atrocious what Morrison did to the Batman image by putting Damien in the batsuit. You can feel he tried to make the character of Damien look cool. What a shit indeed!

willRules
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I put aside Batman #666 for a whole month because I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good. So yesterday after reading #667 I decided to check it out once and for all.

I was open minded to the character. So I read it. I must say....I hate to force myself to read something I don't like. Atrocious! Simply atrocious what Morrison did to the Batman image by putting Damien in the batsuit. You can feel he tried to make the character of Damien look cool. What a shit indeed!

I agree, plus I always felt strongly that if there were ever a comic where Batman gets too old or kicks the bucket, Nightwing would put on Daddy's cape and cowl. It feels so much more......right than Damian being the Father's Son yes

grey fox
While I despise Damien , I liked his costume. Less bodysuit and more prayer robe, loose bottom with high collar and (possibly) a sword.

Awesome cool

starlock

thumb up
Nothing else to say

WrathfulDwarf
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Robin/168/Robin168.jpg

GO TIM! KICK HIS ((BEEP)) ASS!!!!

TricksterPriest
**** TIM! He's a gay emo-necrophiliac. That shit with cloning Conner IMO, DQs him from taking the mantle. GIVE IT TO FREAKING NIGHTWING!! batdur

grey fox
Damien looks 15 there, I thought he was 8 ?

tjcoady
to be honest, I don't really like Damian as a character- but the issues he's appeared in have been really really good... Morrison's current run on Batman is better than any Batman related work I've read in a long time.

willRules
Damien looks 15 there, I thought he was 8 ?

Side effect from the Lazarus pit. Sure you get to cheat death, but it plays havoc with your hormones yes That's why Ra's Al Ghul has such a funky beard yes

Originally posted by tjcoady
to be honest, I don't really like Damian as a character- but the issues he's appeared in have been really really good... Morrison's current run on Batman is better than any Batman related work I've read in a long time.

Totally agree yes

jumpmann
http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

Death of Bruce Wayne...more Damian!

WrathfulDwarf
no expression

WrathfulDwarf
Just finish reading The Resurrection of Ra for the 2nd time.

Once again! Damian was absolutely and utterly USELESS! I think Morrison have lost it. If Damian was suppose to be used as Ra's new host. But at the last minute he switches to Ra's rarely seen on comics son? FAILURE!

Even worse I'm extremely disappointed with Dini. TEC 839 was horrendous and pointless issue. Which again involves Damian doing nothing but been an annoying and pointless plot device. The entire "Merry Christmas" ending to the arc was a complete and lame cop out! Nice try Dini and Morrison. Trying to remind us that we're on the holiday season just to hide your terrible storyline.

From here on...ANY Batman title involving the name Damian will get a cold shoulder from me. I refuse to pay $2.99 to read a story involving a character that is nothing more than a cheap gimmick.

How can Morrison go from something so cool as 7 soldiers to this catastrophe? It's beyond me.

thumb down

Woah! even my evil twin agrees with me...that's shocking.

tjcoady
It's kinda clear that Damian was only introduced for Ras Al Gul's resurrection- which sort of implies it's not Morrison's fault.

And it looks like we're rid of him for the time being, as of Detective out this week.

WrathfulDwarf
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=147734

Get it through your thick skull Morrison! We don't like Damian! He's pointless, useless, and simply NOT interesting. Pull your head out of your ((((BEEEEEEEP))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you make Damian the successor of Bruce YOU'RE A FRIGGIN IDIOT!

thumb down thumb down thumb down thumb down

Neo Darkhalen

WrathfulDwarf
It's just too (((beep))) obvious this guy lost his (((beep))) mind! He wants his creation to be the next Batman. If DC allows this I'll stop buying DC and spend my money elsewhere.

A big FU to Morrison and his stupid, lame, idiotic creation!

Bad Ash231
Damian?

The Bat Omen!

pr1983
so they give batman a son, and superman one... makes me wonder how long it'll be till wonder woman gets knocked up...

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by pr1983
so they give batman a son, and superman one... makes me wonder how long it'll be till wonder woman gets knocked up... so you don't know...?

Soljer
so they give batman a son, and superman one... makes me wonder how long it'll be till wonder woman gets knocked up...

I got a secret to tell you...

It's mine.....

Next time, on Maury...

willRules
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=147734

Get it through your thick skull Morrison! We don't like Damian! He's pointless, useless, and simply NOT interesting. Pull your head out of your ((((BEEEEEEEP))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you make Damian the successor of Bruce YOU'RE A FRIGGIN IDIOT!

thumb down thumb down thumb down thumb down

Speak for yourself. Whilst I'm not a big fan of Damian, Morrison's run on Batman so far has been brilliant, including the stories with Damian in yes

WrathfulDwarf

Read Kingdom Come..... stick out tongue

Originally posted by willRules
Speak for yourself. Whilst I'm not a big fan of Damian, Morrison's run on Batman so far has been brilliant, including the stories with Damian in yes

That's nice...

Neo Darkhalen
Awful, awful creation.

pr1983

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.