DC and Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peregrinefalcon
I'm not a big DC reader and even less of a Wonder Woman reader. Like a lot of other guys my age, my first exposure to Wonder Woman was the TV series. It was also what made me first learn about pubert (that along with Farrah Fawcett in Charlie's Angels). Anyway, she had to deflect bullets with her braclets. Pretty cool, but it suggested her strength to be not that great. I later learned with the TV series of the Hulk that comic book characters in TV basically suck. Bullets injured TV Hulk and he seemed only at 15 ton strength in the series. Anyway, I found out that Wonder Woman deflected bullets in the comic book too, so I thought of her as about twice the strength of Spider-man. Later, in a DC/Marvel crossover, Spider-man is in awe of Wonder Woman's strength and I put her at about the She-Hulk's level (75 tons). Then in another cross over, she kicks the SNOT out of Hercules. He doesn't stand a chance. She *****-slaps him silly. This is the same crossover that has Superman saying that Thor might have been his toughest opponent. Damn! Later, I see Wonder Woman go toe-for-toe against Superman with a real cool move of boxing his ears with her bracelets while he was using his super hearing. AWESOME fight. Anyway. Where does that put Wonder Woman in the strength level? I know that DC never likes to put a definite on that sort of thing, but I want to know. How much do you think she can bench press? I have to say 150 tons. Go ahead and condratict me if you like. I'm hardly an expert on this.

pr1983
Originally posted by peregrinefalcon
I'm not a big DC reader and even less of a Wonder Woman reader. Like a lot of other guys my age, my first exposure to Wonder Woman was the TV series. It was also what made me first learn about pubert (that along with Farrah Fawcett in Charlie's Angels). Anyway, she had to deflect bullets with her braclets. Pretty cool, but it suggested her strength to be not that great. I later learned with the TV series of the Hulk that comic book characters in TV basically suck. Bullets injured TV Hulk and he seemed only at 15 ton strength in the series. Anyway, I found out that Wonder Woman deflected bullets in the comic book too, so I thought of her as about twice the strength of Spider-man. Later, in a DC/Marvel crossover, Spider-man is in awe of Wonder Woman's strength and I put her at about the She-Hulk's level (75 tons). Then in another cross over, she kicks the SNOT out of Hercules. He doesn't stand a chance. She *****-slaps him silly. This is the same crossover that has Superman saying that Thor might have been his toughest opponent. Damn! Later, I see Wonder Woman go toe-for-toe against Superman with a real cool move of boxing his ears with her bracelets while he was using his super hearing. AWESOME fight. Anyway. Where does that put Wonder Woman in the strength level? I know that DC never likes to put a definite on that sort of thing, but I want to know. How much do you think she can bench press? I have to say 150 tons. Go ahead and condratict me if you like. I'm hardly an expert on this.

as far as i know, she's just below superman in terms of strength... her durability against blunt force trauma is incredibly high, but when it comes to piercing objetcs (bullets and knives), she needs to use her bracelets....

also, moving...

DigiMark007
- Check out her respect thread for her capabilities

- Check out the tiers thread (pinned at the top here) for her relative place in comic book power hierarchy

...also, WW max strength is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 150 tons. Anyway, closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.