Changes to the Forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
So as I'm sure most of you know, I don't Mod the vs. forum anymore. With the newfound time, I have a few changes/additions/pet projects/etc. in store for the General Comic Forum here.

This is just a "sounding-board" thread to announce the upcoming changes, and also to bounce around ideas. Once everything is in place, I'll close this.

Staying Pinned at the Top:

- Comic Book Questions Thread
...it gets a lot of hits, and is a great resource for questions that don't deserve a thread.

- Tiers Thread
...also a good resource, and a darn good list if I can pat KMC on the head a bit.

- Teams Thread
...which will be getting updated. Try to PM me if your team isn't on there.

Leaving the Top:

- Comic of the Month
...not nearly enough hits to deserve "pinned" status. Most issues and/or arcs that warrant discussion end up with theri own thread eventually anyway.

Additions:

- KMC Comic Yearbook
...Nat's pet project is actually a decent idea, though I may just make a new thread and copy/paste the info into it, because the current has a lot of random posts.

- Comic Info Websites
...it will also get an overhaul before pinning, but it will act as a resource for people looking to find stuff on the internet, from comic book shops to character info and anything in between.

- Comic "History" Thread
...having become somewhat enamored with the history of comics, this will be a pet project of mine. Regular updates will include in-depth histories and bios of popular characters, writers, eras of comics, story arcs, etc. Trivia and anecdotes will also find their way in, and I may ask for outside help occasionally.

New, but not getting Pinned:

- KMC Comic Newspaper
...borrowing from the "KMC Today" idea of Dusty some months ago, a (probably monthly) publication will cover a wide array of comic-related news, both on KMC and out in the world. Look for more in the coming weeks.

That's it for now. Here's to an even better comic section!

smile

nimbus006
Sounds greeat...looking foward to the changes.

Blight
Great Ideas!!!

Badabing
Sounds good Digi.

Validus
I fear change. sad

Skeets
Are those really significant changes? herbeyes
I doubt I'd even notice them if it weren't for this thread...

Badabing
Originally posted by Skeets
Are those really significant changes? herbeyes
I doubt I'd even notice them if it weren't for this thread...
Hence the thread to let us know.....dur

Blight
ZING!

Skeets
Originally posted by Badabing
Hence the thread to let us know.....dur
You almost hurt my feelings...durcry

long pig
Originally posted by Validus
I fear change. sad
sad Me too.

Don't go Digi....don't do it....or I'll hunt you down and kill you like the dog you are!

sad Don't go.

Blight
He's not going anywhere.... except here roll eyes (sarcastic)

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I look forward to the changes.

DigiMark007
I just made the updated Resources/Info Thread and unpinned the Comic of the Month. The other changes will occur more gradually since they'll take more time to set up.

Lucid Lui
Sounds kewl.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
cool. I'll check it out.

Disappear
three threads closed in under two hours. how much time were you spending over on the vs. forum anyway?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Disappear
three threads closed in under two hours.

evil face

grey fox
I fear change. sad

teh_perfection
Is all good.

don't shiv
Thanks for the heads up

the yearbook I like.

Citizen V
My 'Bought/Thought' thread was >>>> Comic Of The Month thread.

erm.

Blight
Go pat yourself on the back big grin

endrict
WTF Digi, you left the VS thread that sucks....

Blight
You are so out of the loop roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
I fear change. sad

Same.

Takion
Nice

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Citizen V
My 'Bought/Thought' thread was >>>> Comic Of The Month thread.

erm. i agree erm that should be unclosed and brought back.

DigiMark007
The yearbook's up. Only post bios or I'll delete your posts.

pr1983
i'd like to know more about this...

llagrok
Changes are the devil!

Nataku8188
Originally posted by llagrok
Changes are the devil!

Woman.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Woman.

Unspecified ermmnone

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Unspecified ermmnone

Touche.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by pr1983
i'd like to know more about this...

So would I. ermm

It's really in development right now. I'm in the process of securing the .psd file from Barker of the KMC Today template that he used, because there's no way I'm making my own from scratch (even though I could).

But basically, after probably issue 1, I'll be looking for a lot of guest columnists and random ideas. I might even "hire" beat reporters for, say, 'stupid quotes', 'forum trends', 'member of the week', 'story reviews', and stuff like that.

pr1983
Originally posted by DigiMark007
So would I. ermm

It's really in development right now. I'm in the process of securing the .psd file from Barker of the KMC Today template that he used, because there's no way I'm making my own from scratch (even though I could).

But basically, after probably issue 1, I'll be looking for a lot of guest columnists and random ideas. I might even "hire" beat reporters for, say, 'stupid quotes', 'forum trends', 'member of the week', 'story reviews', and stuff like that.

well if i can get involved in some way, let me know, it sounds like a really interesting project...

Symmetric Chaos
So would I. ermm

Sounds like fun.

Blair Wind
So would I. ermm

hmm we are nerds of the highest order. ermm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Blair Wind
hmm we are nerds of the highest order. ermm

laughing laughing laughing

Martian_mind
I'd help with the news.....

C. Jack Harness
well if i can get involved in some way, let me know, it sounds like a really interesting project... Me to. cool

NiņoAraņa
So would I. ermm

But basically, after probably issue 1, I'll be looking for a lot of guest columnists and random ideas. I might even "hire" beat reporters for, say, 'stupid quotes', 'forum trends', 'member of the week', 'story reviews', and stuff like that. excellent...excellent...

DigiMark007
I contacted some people about stuff for the newspaper.

We also need a name.

The KMC Times?
Radioactive Review?
The Midnighter?
Forged Document?
The Comic Monthly?

Anyway, I just got swamped with tourney duty in the vs. forum so it may delay the first issue. Still, it should be out in maybe a couple weeks, depending on when I get the articles in.

And if you have interest or have an idea for an article, contact me. I may have a spot or two left in this issue, and we can always use ideas for future issues.

Jack Harkness
I would like a spot.

Give me someway to help the forum.

grey fox
Hey can I have a small article ?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by grey fox
Hey can I have a small article ?

pm me with your idea and we'll discuss it. I had a few, but they're taken already.

Same with harkness. I may have a spot or two open for random stuff, but at this point I think the only spots open are 1-2 "freelance articles"

Disappear
new closing record, perhaps? three threads, seventeen minutes.

Harry Fingerman
We should have like a rumor section as well.

"Smurph was seen smuggling 200 kilos of pure uncut cocaine into the Mongoose thread."

And stuff like that.

Soljer

Not even close.

llagrok

You should've seen the time Tyrant started posting all his erotic fics about Martian and Batdude.

Sam Z
Wow lots of changes.

DigiMark007

Maybe for this forum. For my tenure as a mod, not even close.

Originally posted by Harry Fingerman

"Smurph was seen smuggling 200 kilos of pure uncut cocaine into the Mongoose thread."

And stuff like that.

Hellz no.

Also, the "History" thread might get the axe. Too much to cover, so that it would make any attempt at cataloguing it pointless.

But the paper is still under progress. I have to finish up the tourney in the vs. forum before I devote more time to it in earnest, but it's not forgotten.

Mr Master
The time limit to edit posts is to short imo.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mr Master
The time limit to edit posts is to short imo.

That's a KMC thing, and would require much more than just me making a decision. This is more about specific cosmetic changes to this particular forum.

...but it's a valid complaint sometimes, and I'll be sure to mention it to others.

SnazzySmurph
Can I have a "Smurph's Rants" article?

Preeeeeety please?

Additional idea: If you don't go for that (herbcry), could I just write freelance articles about whatever, and you can decide to include them or not?

I could be like Kate Hudson in "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days".
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman

And stuff like that. Check your sources.

It was only 150.

Also, am I the only one getting "Don't f*ck with me" vibes from the mods? ermm

Soljer
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
Can I have a "Smurph's Rants" article?

Preeeeeety please?

Additional idea: If you don't go for that (herbcry), could I just write freelance articles about whatever, and you can decide to include them or not?

I could be like Kate Hudson in "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days".
Check your sources.

It was only 150.

No, I definitely noticed too. More Ill than 'the mods' though.

DigiMark007
K guys, stay on topic. And there's a difference between expecting acountability and being overly agressive....ill hasn't done anything wrong, or even detrimental, and I kinda like the changes to the forums (his avy/sig has to go though...blegh!)

Anyway: Smurph Rants? Go for it....I think I'll have the space. Keep it respectable and under 300 words.

thumb up

SnazzySmurph
Oh, I hold nothing against Ill for any of this. He's just doing his job, and I expect it's rather stressful at the moment.

Schweet. When does this premier?

Martian_mind
nanananaanananan batman

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
nanananaanananan batman Reported.

pr1983

i'd hate to think that i or any other mod was unapproachable, honestly... i'm going to be straight here; there are going to be some changes to the vs, some major, some minor, but as members you guys are going to end up having the final say on what stays and what goes... it is the majority of respected members that i (and i'm sure ill too) want to keep coming back to the forum...

and guys, don't hesitate to pm me if you have any issues/questions...

Expletive!!!
i'd hate to think that i or any other mod was unapproachable, honestly... i'm going to be straight here; there are going to be some changes to the vs, some major, some minor, but as members you guys are going to end up having the final say on what stays and what goes... it is the majority of respected members that i (and i'm sure ill too) want to keep coming back to the forum...

and guys, don't hesitate to pm me if you have any issues/questions...

"The winds of change blow strong into the face of time"

/a/ 19 days

SnazzySmurph
So, do we have a release date for teh paper?

Or... any plans at all?

Alfheim

Or... any plans at all?

Oh **** smurph has a nuts dur! Gotta get me one of those.

Zebedee
What's wrong with the forum? I know i'm new but it seems fine.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Zebedee
What's wrong with the forum? I know i'm new but it seems fine.

Well ok......since you're new its custom to give new members a beating...get him!

angrymob

Zebedee
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well ok......since you're new its custom to give new members a beating...get him!

angrymob

hehe, it's a kinky forum? I might leave now. Zebedee backs away. eek!

Alfheim
Originally posted by Zebedee
hehe, it's a kinky forum? I might leave now. Zebedee backs away. eek!

Oh I see you're from the Uk...so you'll know this song. Lets all beat up zeebedee, lets all beat up zeebedeee la la la la, la la la la. Anyway just try tp picture a group people singing those lyrics like drunken football hooligans. laughing out loud

Zebedee
Originally posted by Alfheim
Oh I see you're from the Uk...so you'll know this song. Lets all beat up zeebedee, lets all beat up zeebedeee la la la la, la la la la. Anyway just try tp picture a group people singing those lyrics like drunken football hooligans. laughing out loud

laughing

DigiMark007

Or... any plans at all?

Put on hold while I finish the tournament. But I have various confirmations of people writing articles for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.