Heat (Michael Mann)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Just watched this for the first time in a long while.

I liked it a lot. Better than I remembered it being.

Thoughts?

dave_kodak
rings A bell, but not enough to Remember, Enlighten me.

exanda kane
I like the score.

42ndStreetFreak
Superb movie!
Epic in emotional scope, a fantastic cast (with De Niro coming out on top in the serious acting stakes), great characters and some razor sharp action.

It's very Michael Mann for sure, but the fact is this guy is hard to beat when he's in top form and he was in top form here.

42ndStreetFreak
It's also a lot better than his original movie based on the same basic plot that Mann made for TV called "L.A. Takedown", which is a poor film but does have a fantastic sounding gun being used in the big street shootout sequence. It's a shame Mann never used it in "Heat"

Solo
If this is considered an action movie, it's the best.

Jim Reaper
I didn't like the ending... He was to smart to go out like that.

Nosada
I like Dane Cook's bit on how it's every guy's dream to be part of a heist like the one in Heat.

DanZeke25
I've yet to see the end of this movie because I was watching it on this website, but it suddenly stopped with like 30 minutes left, and at my local video store they dont have it.

Solo
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
I didn't like the ending... He was to smart to go out like that.
This is true, I would rather it ended with Pacino letting DeNiro go, actually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.