The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sarah_Connor_Chronicles

DARKLORDCAEDUS
You beat me to this. I think this will be a good show to watch. Seeing the ever so hot english babe Lena Heady and Summer Glau fight each other. What a great show this should be.

steverules
I agree, I reckon it'll be great

barand1
Fingers crossed.

T.M
I think this will either be a minor success or a massive flop. I don't think it will be a big hit..

Personally I think they shouldn't have even made a third movie.. so I doubt I will watch it.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by T.M
I think this will either be a minor success or a massive flop. I don't think it will be a big hit..

Personally I think they shouldn't have even made a third movie.. so I doubt I will watch it.

This has the potential to be a break out hit. I'm sure each and every Terminator and non Terminator fan will watch each week.

Solo
Terminator 3 wasn't enough?

T.M
Originally posted by Solo
Terminator 3 wasn't enough?

Thats what I think Solo.

I really don't see the point in a TV Series.

steverules
I preffered 1 and 2 to 3

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The first two Terminators were good. Love Kristanna but 3 good have had a better story. Also The Sarah Connor Chronicles takes place in the present day between 2 and 3.

barand1
Terminator school scenes revised

A US TV series based on the Terminator movies is to revamp a key storyline following the Virginia Tech massacre.

The Sarah Connors Chronicles, scheduled to begin next year, follows a mother trying to protect her son - who may be destined to save mankind.

But a scene in which the young boy is attacked in his school will be revised, TV network Fox has confirmed.

The scene was filmed before a student shot dead 32 people at Virginia Tech University in April this year.

The gunman, 23-year-old Cho Seung-hui, later turned his weapon on himself.

Josh Friedman, an executive producer on the Fox TV show, has defended the scenes which see 15-year-old John Connor come under attack in his classroom.

He believed the incident was central to the show's theme, Fox Entertainment chairman Peter Liguori told the US Television Critics' Association.

"This woman is charged with protecting and preparing her son to be the future leader of the resistance," Liguori said.

"The one single place a parent has to give up control of their child is school."

Friedman was the first to acknowledge the scenes should be changed in the wake of the deaths in Virginia, Liguori added, but he was unable to say how the story would be changed.

Click for the full story here!

barand1

Captain REX
Heh, interesting...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
They are thinking of changing the name to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I think that makes a better title. Also I feel that this show may be a sleep hit next fall. I also feel that the asction scenes wil be great.

barand1
I think it will take time for people to get in to it.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by barand1
I think it will take time for people to get in to it.

I think people will get into it after the first show or two.

forumcrew
Well the first episode has been leaked out online (along with many other first eps for new fall shows.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by forumcrew
Well the first episode has been leaked out online (along with many other first eps for new fall shows.

What sites so I can check it out?

barand1

MildPossession
I see no reason why they should change the school scene actually, should just keep it in as it is from what I have seen of the scene and just warn the audience before the episode starts on whatever channel.

From the trailers and scenes up it looks fun, will check it out when it starts, and Lena Headey is perfect choice.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by MildPossession
I see no reason why they should change the school scene actually, should just keep it in as it is from what I have seen of the scene and just warn the audience before the episode starts on whatever channel.

From the trailers and scenes up it looks fun, will check it out when it starts, and Lena Headey is perfect choice.

Lena is most definitely the perfect choice.

MildPossession
I have to get use to the American accent though with her, it seems okay from what I have heard.

darktim1
From what I saw at comic con it had the feel of terminatror 1 and 2 when it came to the explosions.

Darth Vicious
For those that cant wait, the pilot has been leaked for weeks and can be downloaded if you know where to look.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
For those that cant wait, the pilot has been leaked for weeks and can be downloaded if you know where to look.

PM me where I can look?

Darth Vicious
Oh Damn! This show is probably gonna get so much $h1t from the media, specially the first half hour. After all people have been with all the school shootouts, these idiots come and create a school shoot out scene. I wonder how many idiot kids will think they are the Terminator and start shooting other kids. I think that scene is just irresponsible.
I knew who the gurl was from the get go, specially with a name like "Cameron". I hope they do some changes before the end result is released.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Oh Damn! This show is probably gonna get so much $h1t from the media, specially the first half hour. After all people have been with all the school shootouts, these idiots come and create a school shoot out scene. I wonder how many idiot kids will think they are the Terminator and start shooting other kids. I think that scene is just irresponsible.
I knew who the gurl was from the get go, specially with a name like "Cameron". I hope they do some changes before the end result is released.

'm sure they'll reshoot some scenes.

MildPossession
If you are for some reason upset about the school scenes, then don't watch it, simple. Don't spoil it for other people who don't have a problem watching it, and the millions who are not going to be influenced...

As for the kids thinking they are the terminator comment, well we might as well ban the three films... plus the series is suppose to be shown at a watershed time when it's put on.

From what I saw, no one is actually shot in the school scenes apart from you know who.

Darth Vicious
If you are for some reason upset about the school scenes, then don't watch it, simple. Don't spoil it for other people who don't have a problem watching it, and the millions who are not going to be influenced...

As for the kids thinking they are the terminator comment, well we might as well ban the three films... plus the series is suppose to be shown at a watershed time when it's put on.

From what I saw, no one is actually shot in the school scenes apart from you know who.

I really have no problem watching it. The 3 films have nothing to do with skools and like the saying goes"It only takes a spoiled apple..." while is true that a million or 10 million people might not be influenced theres always that 1 idiot that will and will do something stupid.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

I don't have a problem at all with the school scenes. But I'm sure before this comes in mid-season, I'll sure that they will have changed some things from the original pilot..

MrCampion
I am awaiting this series eagerly, as promo was on TV last night. Looking good so far. But let's quit blaming TV and for making people do something violent. That argument is old and worn out.

JediSamuraiMRB
But let's quit blaming TV and for making people do something violent. That argument is old and worn out.

I would agree with that.

Blax_Hydralisk
I wonder how many idiot kids will think they are the Terminator and start shooting other kids

.. are you retarded? erm

Amazon
hmm I feel kind of luke warm about this series. The person they have to play Sarah connor seems so soft and motherly which is not what Sarah connor was like in the movies. She was a hard core soldier and survior that did whatever she had to to protect her son and the future. I'm getting the vibe this might be like Bionic woman where they turned Jamies character into a weak vicitm, which is ironic for a bionic woman.
They should have Katie Sackoff play Sarah connor. Then we'd have a good series.

JediSamuraiMRB
A few more days until this comes on. I look forward to seeing Lena Headey's interpretation of Sarah Connor. I also want to see how movie Sarah was transformed into tv Sarah.

MrCampion
I know this is big. I can't wait for the first episode. I have been watching T1 and T2 to get ready for it.

Tempe Brennan
I can't wait for it to start, and am a little concerned that the TV version will portray Sarah in the wrong light - as 'Amazon' has said, Sarah was a fighter, doing everything she could to protect her son.
I would hope the television series will reflect this.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
I can't wait for it to start, and am a little concerned that the TV version will portray Sarah in the wrong light - as 'Amazon' has said, Sarah was a fighter, doing everything she could to protect her son.
I would hope the television series will reflect this.

From what I've seen the tv series reflects a lot of movie Sarah. But of course, I'll wait and judge on sunday when it premieres.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
From what I've seen the tv series reflects a lot of movie Sarah. But of course, I'll wait and judge on sunday when it premieres.

I am not sure how long Australia has to wait...hopefully not too long. smile

endrict
I like everyone but the Terminators that have a bad voice and ok acting. It also felt like every 5 min there was commercials

@st
Too many commercials, but I really loved the show.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by endrict
I like everyone but the Terminators that have a bad voice and ok acting. It also felt like every 5 min there was commercials

Oh God, I hate when a new show starts, and there is 5 minutes of the show, then 10 minutes of ads. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JediSamuraiMRB
Good show. Shows lots of promise.

Amazon
Awesome! So far I am not dissapointed. I love how they made the friendly terminator a girl. And I love the fact that Dean Winters is in it. I love that guy. He's so damn hot and a really good actor. I think I can get into this show. Much better than Bionic woman.

Mairuzu
Were they... suppose to travel to the future... or is it a bit off from the original movies

Amazon
There is kind of a mysterious gap between terminator 2 and 3. From when they destroy skynet to the death of Sarah Connor we're not really sure what happened so it is very possible that they were transported to the future.... although... the timeline might be a bit different.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by Amazon
Much better than Bionic woman.

mad mad mad mad mad mad

@st
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Were they... suppose to travel to the future... or is it a bit off from the original movies

They traveled from 1999 to 2007 at the end of last night.

There is kind of a mysterious gap between terminator 2 and 3. From when they destroy skynet to the death of Sarah Connor we're not really sure what happened so it is very possible that they were transported to the future.... although... the timeline might be a bit different.

I think they are going the Superman Returns route and acting as if the last movie doesnt exist.

Entity
I really wasn't impressed by the show last night. I mean it wasn't really bad but it wasn't really good IMO either.

The terminators showed to much personality. They're machines, they aren't suppose to have personality of crack jokes and punch lines. I worked in T2 because John was programing the T-800 to act like that but these two just pop up and suddenly have personality and that damn cheesy line at the school "Class dismissed" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, why in the hell would John be in public school? And why are they even in the states for that matter? I thought they ran all over south america and mexico to stay off the map till after judgement day passed and Sarah died?

It just didn't have the terminator feel to it IMO. I'll watch again tonight to see if it impresses me anymore tonight but so far I'm just not feelin it. Also wouldn't it make allot more since to go back in time rather than forward? Just seems like I'd want more of a head start on Skynet rather than less of one.

Oh well like I said I'll stick around tonight and see if it's any better.

Blax_Hydralisk
If they went back in time to stop it, there would be too many variables. Someone could start it up again. But if you go right to the source they would have had a better chance of stopping it from being created.
And this show is contradicting canon so badly..

endrict
Originally posted by Entity
I really wasn't impressed by the show last night. I mean it wasn't really bad but it wasn't really good IMO either.

The terminators showed to much personality. They're machines, they aren't suppose to have personality of crack jokes and punch lines. I worked in T2 because John was programing the T-800 to act like that but these two just pop up and suddenly have personality and that damn cheesy line at the school "Class dismissed" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, why in the hell would John be in public school? And why are they even in the states for that matter? I thought they ran all over south america and mexico to stay off the map till after judgement day passed and Sarah died?

It just didn't have the terminator feel to it IMO. I'll watch again tonight to see if it impresses me anymore tonight but so far I'm just not feelin it. Also wouldn't it make allot more since to go back in time rather than forward? Just seems like I'd want more of a head start on Skynet rather than less of one.

Yeah, I agree on the most part about the Terminators.

endrict
Originally posted by Entity

Cameron Phillips (portrayed by Summer Glau) is a girl who attends school with John. She is an unknown Terminator model and, according to the trailer, the most human yet; being able to convincingly mimic human emotions better than her predecessors. Cameron is programmed to protect John Connor. In the first half of the pilot, Cameron is seen taking a potato chip from John and eating it, something not seen in any other model.

Mr Parker
saw this last night.great show but I dont see how they are going to be able to make this into a weekly show since there only so many times you can keep getting lucky like he has to not have been killed by machine gunfire.thats going to get a little redicules if THAT keeps happening EVERY week like we saw last night and what we are going to see tonight as well.

JediSamuraiMRB

Sarah Connor Chronicles takes place following the events of T2: Judgment Day and right before the events of T3: Rise of the Machines.

@st
The show did some huge ratings last night.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=40901

Thats good news for the people who enjoyed it. smile

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
.. are you retarded? erm

Nope but there are too many retarded kids running around.

Blue_Hefner
Just when I started to miss Heroes and Chuck on Mondays, I get another good show

JediSamuraiMRB
I'll post some pictures shortly.

JediSamuraiMRB
Pics as promised.....

http://img232.imagevenue.com/loc378/th_55255_LENA_122_378lo.jpghttp://img153.imagevenue.com/loc745/th_55256_LENA2_122_745lo.jpghttp://img163.imagevenue.com/loc1068/th_55261_LENA3_122_1068lo.jpghttp://img15.imagevenue.com/loc702/th_55266_LENA4_122_702lo.jpg

I can post some pics of Summer Glau also.

endrict
Pics as promised.....

http://img232.imagevenue.com/loc378/th_55255_LENA_122_378lo.jpghttp://img153.imagevenue.com/loc745/th_55256_LENA2_122_745lo.jpghttp://img163.imagevenue.com/loc1068/th_55261_LENA3_122_1068lo.jpghttp://img15.imagevenue.com/loc702/th_55266_LENA4_122_702lo.jpg

love droolio droolio

Tempe Brennan
Pics as promised.....

She's not hot. sad

endrict
DAMMIT, I HATE COMMERCIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRGHHH mad mad mad

Amazon
I loooooove that Dean winters is guest starring in this show. I hope he becomes a more permanent character. Purrrrrrr
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/mgm/bandits/dean_winters/banditspre2.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/people/183/000026105/dean-winters-1-sized.jpg

endrict
I didn't like how the Terminator just killed Enrique Salceda just like that.

@st
Well turns out he was ratting her out, so it was a good move.

I liked this episode, it shows that this will be more than just "run from the terminator" every week.

Amazon
Originally posted by @st
Well turns out he was ratting her out, so it was a good move.

I liked this episode, it shows that this will be more than just "run from the terminator" every week.

Who was ratting her out? Did I miss something?

Darth Vicious
I hope they dont have the bad Terminator running around during the whole series wearing different kinds of masks to avoid paying for special effects.

JediSamuraiMRB
A few pictures of Summer Glau...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/SG3.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/SG.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/SG2.jpg

endrict

It was possible her Mexican friend Enrique Salceda did.

Amazon
It was possible her Mexican friend Enrique Salceda did.

I just found that out. For some reason where I live they decided to show the first episode in two parts. I didn't see the second part until tonight. It allllll makes sense now.
The show is getting even better. I have high hopes. big grin

Tempe Brennan
I can't wait for it! I have been getting so excited reading your responses!!!

JediSamuraiMRB
Tonights show proves to me that they made the right casting choices. Lena plays Sarah just right. Summer Glau plays a good terminator. Also I like the idea of different Terminators each week. Makes for better action and storytelling.

Blax_Hydralisk
It seems ridiculous to me. How come after T1 they waited like 10 years to send a second Terminator, yet here they are sending a new one every other day?

Tempe Brennan
It seems ridiculous to me. How come after T1 they waited like 10 years to send a second Terminator, yet here they are sending a new one every other day?

If SCC is set between T1 and T2, that means a Terminator was sent every other day in ten years...

Amazon
Also they've changed time. So things may not be as they were in terminator 3.

@st

Enrique. After he was dead they show the FBI agent thats after Sarah at his house listening to a voicemail saying he had information for him.

Entity
Well last nights was much better than the beginning but it still just doesn't feel quite right. IMO

They are just messing with the rules and history or Terminator allot and that is a huge part of whats bothering me. I absolutely hate when people do that to good series. Like how in the hell did that Terminator from the beginning make the jump with them? He was already well exposed before Sarah shot him and it showed him flying to pieces without any flesh remaining when they jumped. So if only organic material can go through how the hell did that skinless thing?

I am interested to see who the surviving resistance fighter is hiding in the shadows. I was looking forward to seeing them meed the group of them and having the whole so this is the kid that becomes the great John Conner! But I pretty well knew it would happen basically they way it did with them all ending up dead.

Wonder why no ones mentioned where's John suppose to be in this time? I mean according to my opinion on time travel he wouldn't be around because he skipped those 8 years but the way time is viewed on Terminator who knows. Also I was surprised when that guy didn't mention the fact John didn't look like he'd aged a day in 8 years.

Maybe I'm just b*tchy because its a show and it can't really have the same feel as the movies. I donno confused

ragesRemorse

yeah, and the terminators in the movies were hell walking. The terminators in the show are proving to be disposable. Why wouldnt sky net continue to send t-1000's. This show has problems bigger than that though, mainly writing and acting sick. I will still give it a chance but the first two episodes are pretty bad

teenage terminator is laughable too

Smasandian
You got to be shitting me....

they had another episode on Monday?

Was I the only one who missed the second episode?

I dont know if this has been told or not but this series doesnt envolve the 3rd terminator movie. The producers basically said to not bother with T3 in terms of the show.

@st
Last nights episode explained why 3 isnt involved, but I wont spoil since you missed it.

darthmaul1

@st
They just advanced the timeline a few years, it starts in 99 with John as a 15 year old. SO they just bumped it up a few years.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by @st
They just advanced the timeline a few years, it starts in 99 with John as a 15 year old. SO they just bumped it up a few years.

How the hell can they do that? once something happens like that you can't just change it however you want you have to write around it.
I am not buying that explanation.

Amazon
Has anyone ever seen Smallville.... They do it all the time. The origional superman Lex luthors hair falls out in a science experiment. In the show his hair falls out because of radiation from meteor rocks. It's just updating it and coming up with better ideas. I like to think of this as a fresh version. Not a ridgid copy of the previous ones.

@st
Nevermind, got my Terminator mixed up, but T2 did take place in 95. even though it was released in 91. So John being 15 in 99 would actually be right.

I just forgot they set the second movie ahead.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by @st
Nevermind, got my Terminator mixed up, but T2 did take place in 95. even though it was released in 91. So John being 15 in 99 would actually be right.

I just forgot they set the second movie ahead.

He would be only 14 but that's alright

They didn't forget to set T2 ahead, it did say that john was 10 therefore it is 1995

the whole smallville therory isn't relative cause it is a new show with a fresh start so they can do what they want
but when you air something that is carrying on from a movie it should all flow nicley,

Tempe Brennan
I am so confused here with all the time discrepancies.

Smasandian
Terminator is based in 1984
Terminator 2 is based in 1994 while John is 10 years old.
Terminatormessedarah Conner is based in 1999 when John is 15 years old.

The producer of the show has publicly stated that Terminator 3 is not involved with this timeline and people should disregard it.

He also said that Terminator 3 is an alternate timeline for the series. Considering T3 has some canon problem of itself, it shouldnt be a problem.

Anyways, does anybody know if Fox is going rebroadcast the second episode?

Tempe Brennan
Sometimes if show generates a certain number of viewers here, the networks will screen the episode again, and call it an 'Encore' episode in order to gain more of a fanbase - do they do that there in the States?

Amazon
Originally posted by Smasandian

The producer of the show has publicly stated that Terminator 3 is not involved with this timeline and people should disregard it.

He also said that Terminator 3 is an alternate timeline for the series. Considering T3 has some canon problem of itself, it shouldnt be a problem.

Thanks for clearing that up.
It would make sense that this story would be different. Especially since they've created a whole new timeline by going into the future.
Does anyone know if Dean Winters will continue to be in this show?

@st

I think they have episodes for download on xbox live, but I dont know when they will air on tv again.

Blax_Hydralisk
If SCC is set between T1 and T2, that means a Terminator was sent every other day in ten years...

It's not. It's set between T2 and T3.

InnerRise
When watching, I got confused b/c I must have not been paying attention when/if they revealed the year they were currently in before time traveling.

I assumed the show was set in 2008 and then they time travel and it says 2007, I'm like what? Why go back in time and just one year at that and why go back 1 year and then be all surprised by 1 year old technology.

But then I later realized they had traveled from 1999.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

darthmaul1

Just download the episode from a torrent site.

How is T3 an alternate time line?
I'm sorry but you can't just throw out a continuation of a show just because it suits you. they could of easily incorpatated T3 into the show
or perhapes they should of just started the TV show during the war that may of been better.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Just download the episode from a torrent site.

How is T3 an alternate time line?
I'm sorry but you can't just throw out a continuation of a show just because it suits you. they could of easily incorpatated T3 into the show
or perhapes they should of just started the TV show during the war that may of been better.

Besides remember in T3 Sarah is dead.

Here's a pic of Lena and a pic of Summer...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/LH.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/SG-1.jpg

Tempe Brennan
*wishes they had better looking Terminator chicks*

@st
Lena is very hot.

endrict
Originally posted by InnerRise

You/You, dear....Do you understand?

why didn't you just typed it out in English?

JediSamuraiMRB
Anyone want someone Lena Headey pics. Just let me know.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by @st
Lena is very hot.

*shakes head*

Amazon
You/You, dear....Do you understand?

why didn't you just typed it out in English?

I may be wrong but I think Innerise simply erased his post. The Japanese writing is his quote.

Tempe... WTF She's F****** hot! However I'm still drooling over dean winters... hmmmmm stick out tongue

InnerRise
I for the life of me can't remember where I've seen Lena before.

As for Thomas Dekker (John Connor), I remember him from the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Show on Disney.

Took me forever to finally discover where else I had seen him besides Heroes. And speaking of Heroes, I guess this means his character won't be on that show anymore. I was hoping.

Anyway, he's really matured and come into his own (Look-wise).

@st
Lena was the queen in 300.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by @st
Lena was the queen in 300.

Yes she was. She has also been in other movies as well. Also some may remember Thomas Dekker from Heroes a show in which he left to do The Sarah Connor Chronicles..

InnerRise
Originally posted by @st
Lena was the queen in 300. EXACTLY! Thanks for that.

That's exactly where I recognize her from. I even have the DVD right here with me.

I'm glad I can finally put that past me now. Was bothering me.

I liked her presence in 300 better than in this show. Still like the show though and her in it.

@st
Yes she was. She has also been in other movies as well. Also some may remember Thomas Dekker from Heroes a show in which he left to do The Sarah Connor Chronicles..

Yes, I prefer Thomas more on this show. But I wish his character was as badass as he looks like he is trying to be in all the promos. laughing out loud

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by @st
Yes, I prefer Thomas more on this show. But I wish his character was as badass as he looks like he is trying to be in all the promos. laughing out loud

Well I'm sure that will happen as the series progresses.

vivando-loca
i love this show!!! big grin i especially love the cyborgs...awesome.

Captain REX
Thomas Dekker was also the voice of Fieval in the cartoon "American Tail."

InnerRise
Oh yeah, I remember that movie.....and that name spectacularly enough.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Captain REX
Thomas Dekker was also the voice of Fieval in the cartoon "American Tail."

That was a pretty good and timeless cartoon.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by vivando-loca

i love this show!!! big grin i especially love the cyborgs...awesome.

Glad of that, anything else you like about it?

vivando-loca
no, i'm just that shallow that i only like it for the cyborgs. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jk. but it's kind of early in the show to have a long list, imo.

plot's totally interesting, intriguing show, can't wait for more. smile

MildPossession
I don't know about where you are, but there was an article in the paper yesterday about morons moaning that Lena is not 'strong' looking enough, not enough muscles like Hamilton in T2... apparently now you have to have big muscles to play a strong woman role...

What pish.

JediSamuraiMRB
I don't know about where you are, but there was an article in the paper yesterday about morons moaning that Lena is not 'strong' looking enough, not enough muscles like Hamilton in T2... apparently now you have to have big muscles to play a strong woman role...

What pish.

Thats because they're a bunch of idiots.

InnerRise

What pish. After seeing her in "300" I have no doubt that she is more than capable enough to play this role.

I like her.

@st

What pish.

You can be a strong character without being as unattractively ripped as Hamilton was in T2.

endrict
Today was a good episode IMO. As for Lena playing the role of Sarah, she is doing a great job at it.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by @st
You can be a strong character without being as unattractively ripped as Hamilton was in T2.

Unattractive? Are you serious? Those muscles were to die for! big grin

Amazon
Unattractive? Are you serious? Those muscles were to die for! big grin
I totally agree!!!!

I am starting to wonder about this show though. I was watching terminator 2 the other day and Linda Hamilton playing Sarah Connor was much more intense. Especially the scenes where she escapes from the mental hospital, and the end where she's fighting the T 1000 with a damaged foot and shoulder. So wild! The Sarah Connor in this show seems too together and stable. A little to comfortable with things. That was not how the other Sarah was. This show has promise, but they need to get more serious I think.
We need to see Sarah in some fatigues, and she needs to stop hanging out with Dyson's wife as if they are old friends or something.

Darth Vicious
I totally agree!!!!

she needs to stop hanging out with Dyson's wife as if they are old friends or something.

I agree with that. I was expecting Dyson's wife to pull a gun in the cemetery while Sarah had her back turned and shoot her ass.

@st
I really liked this episode. big grin

I especially liked John in this one, for the first time in the series you could see a glimmer of what he is supposed to become. Its also interesting to note the difference between his relationship with the old terminator and the new terminator. He had creepy daddylove for the first one, but I cant even peg whether he likes this one.

The Cromartie story was the only thing I didnt care for in this episode, but atleast we are getting some explanation instead of him showing up back to normal after a few weeks.

BTW, I guess I missed it, but what are they calling the good terminator?

JediSamuraiMRB
I liked this episode. Very good. Well written. Well acted. Lena does well each show. I love the bad Terminator. He rocks.

vivando-loca
they're calling her "Cameron". we don't know what model she is or anything, just that "she's more advanced and can portray human emotion better."

yea, i liked the last episode too.

i like how straight-forward all the terminators are, even the good one. it's hilarious.

Blue_Hefner
"here's a present. It's tight."

Amazon
/

Amazon
/

darthmaul1
Originally posted by vivando-loca

they're calling her "Cameron". we don't know what model she is or anything, just that "she's more advanced and can portray human emotion better."

yea, i liked the last episode too.

i like how straight-forward all the terminators are, even the good one. it's hilarious.

She can portray human emotion better????
umm don't know if you noticed but she sucks at it.

InnerRise
Still better than the emotionless ones of the past.

vivando-loca
she didn't in the first episode, don't know why she's changed so much.

plus her model can actually eat food. not sure about digestion but.

and i didn't say she could portray emotion well, just better. stick out tongue

lol, exactly what i meant. big grin

JediSamuraiMRB
Sarah Connor Chronicles in my humble opinion improves with each show. Can't wait to watch Lena and Summer next week.

@st
Good luck with that, since they wont be on. stick out tongue

They having a two week break, most likely for some American Idol bullshit.

General Kaliero
I've been enjoying what I've seen rather more than I expected to. I watched the first episode (well, two... I guess) half out of pure curiosity, half out of "hey, I loved Summer Glau in Firefly!"

It's really very interesting seeing Cameron's "education" in what being human is, but I'm still having trouble seeing her as anything but "River-bot".

The only thing I've really disliked so far is whenever we see a terminator's full metal body. The blurry CGI just makes me wince a bit. The show does the semi-reveal practical makeup so much better.

Mr Parker
well Im relieved to see that every episode of this show isnt all action like I was expecting it to be like the first one was.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by General Kaliero
I've been enjoying what I've seen rather more than I expected to. I watched the first episode (well, two... I guess) half out of pure curiosity, half out of "hey, I loved Summer Glau in Firefly!"

It's really very interesting seeing Cameron's "education" in what being human is, but I'm still having trouble seeing her as anything but "River-bot".

The only thing I've really disliked so far is whenever we see a terminator's full metal body. The blurry CGI just makes me wince a bit. The show does the semi-reveal practical makeup so much better.

What do you think of Lena Headey's performance as Sarah?

Blue_Hefner
I liked her more in 300

InnerRise
Yeah, I did too, but I still like her in this as well.

vivando-loca
i like her fine. yes

General Kaliero
What do you think of Lena Headey's performance as Sarah?

She could be better, but so far there's nothing really WRONG with her. For instance, I thought she showed Sarah's moral struggle last episode very well, making it visible without overplaying it.

Amazon
The Real Sarah Connor big grin smokin'

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/t2-014.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/247558825_94cf0c3cc0_o.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/sarahconnor001_1__0001.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/sarahconnor039_1__0001.jpg

Amazon
Not the Real Sarah (Way too soft) no

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/connorposter1-small.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/GW300H400.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/GW400H533.jpg

Amazon
Movie Clips of the real Sarah. Awesome scenes.

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/?action=view&current=sarahconnor.flv

InnerRise
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/GW400H533.jpg Not the most flattering Picture. Doesn't do her justice.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

General Kaliero
Movie Clips of the real Sarah. Awesome scenes.

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/?action=view&current=sarahconnor.flv

It seems your problem is with how she acts?

In the movie, Sarah knew (or thought she knew) exactly what she needed to do. She was on a mission to save all humanity, and at that point the success of that mission simply required killing Dyson and destroying Cyberdyne and anything that could lead to the creation of Skynet. All violent activities that don't take much in the way of deep characterization.

In the series, she's still trying to figure out what she needs to do. She doesn't know who or what leads to Skynet, or what she will do once she finds out. Not to mention being a responsible mother to her son has made her mellow out at least a bit. It's obvious she's still always at the ready, but years of caring for John, trying to raise him to be the sort of leader he is in the future, have shown that responsibility is about more than just taking violent action when necessary.

MildPossession
I've seen the first episode now and think so far Lena plays the role fine and dandy, and looks good for the part. No big muscles, big deal... NOT way too soft. You know the posters will be airbrushed... I adore that tv series poster, where she is holding the gun.

Now I'm confused, my friend sent me a recording of the first episode, and I thought they were going to re shoot the school scenes, this episode I watched had all the school shooting scenes in? did they just leave it then? good for them if they did.

It's starting here where I am on tv soon, so will definitely be watching the rest of it.

Oh and someone mentioned the acting and writing was terrible... it's good enough. Not terrible but it's decent and same for the writing.

ragesRemorse
Sarah Conner's character was delivered through a damn decent acting performance in the film. If only i could say this about any of the actors in the television show...,it might be worth watching.

MildPossession
Lena's acting is decent in the tv show, obviously not on par with Hamilton in the film, but it's far from the smilie you did.

ragesRemorse
Lena's acting is decent in the tv show, obviously not on par with Hamilton in the film, but it's far from the smilie you did.

i highly disagree, i loathe most TV acting. Although, Im sure this has alot to do with varying directors through out episodes.

JediSamuraiMRB
Lena's acting should be significantly different than Linda's. Although the same role, but yet two unique styles of acting.

Amazon
I totally see what your saying here. And it makes sense. Don't get me wrong. The show has only had 2 episodes. I'm not going to judge it too harshly just yet. I'm still a little bitter from the whole depressing bionic woman fiascle. Lena is doing a fairly good job of playing Sarah Connor her way, and I know that for a show that airs every week they can't have that same intensity constantly or the show could get too much in the way of action and less in the way of character development.
It's just when I watch terminator two and I see how strongly and passionatly Linda Hamilton played Sarah Connor then I see Lena playing Sarah in the tv show it leaves me feeling a little luke warm about the show.

As for my video clip I didn't realize that it only uploaded half of it. It cut out my favorite scene. So I've edited it to my favorite Sarah Connor scene in all of Terminator 2. To me this sums up Sarah Connor. Just Click on the Screen.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/Kirstycol/th_SarahConnor2.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>